MS 13

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » September 22nd, 2006, 10:16 am

Perspective.

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » September 22nd, 2006, 11:37 am

He said:

You still are clueless with this whole crip thing. Sur doesn't wear Blue heavily like the Crips do like you claim.

My response:

Yes they do, I see them regularly, and so do you...

He said:

I live in apartment with Surenos and they rarely wear blue like the Crips.
And I NEVER SEEN ONE WITH A BLUE BANDANA.

My response:

Almost all young southsiders, from 30 on down, dress the way crips use to dress, during the early, to mid 90's...

He said:

And if your criteria for acting black is listening to rap music then most dumbass teenagers are acting black.

My response:

Not necessarily, but I do know that southsiders, regardless of whether they'll admit to it or not, and regardless of whether they hate blacks or not, copy huge elements of black culture, especially traditional south central, black gang culture...

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » September 22nd, 2006, 11:47 am

TheReal wrote:He said:

You still are clueless with this whole crip thing. Sur doesn't wear Blue heavily like the Crips do like you claim.

My response:

Yes they do, I see them regularly, and so do you...

He said:

I live in apartment with Surenos and they rarely wear blue like the Crips.
And I NEVER SEEN ONE WITH A BLUE BANDANA.

My response:

Almost all young southsiders, from 30 on down, dress the way crips use to dress, during the early, to mid 90's...

He said:

And if your criteria for acting black is listening to rap music then most dumbass teenagers are acting black.

My response:

Not necessarily, but I do know that southsiders, regardless of whether they'll admit to it or not, and regardless of whether they hate blacks or not, copy huge elements of black culture, especially traditional south central, black gang culture...
No they don't. Anyone from LA wil tell you SUR in no way sports Blue like crips do.

And NO Sureno from East LA or North East LA has copied south central that's completely ridicoulous. I grew up in that area and that last people they would copy are blacks. LOL

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » September 22nd, 2006, 12:39 pm

-No they don't. Anyone from LA wil tell you SUR in no way sports Blue like crips do.

*Again, that's not true. Anyone from LA will tell you that Sur today, especially amongst the young heads, sport blue heavily, and hold it up as a banner, as solidly as crips did back in the day...

-And NO Sureno from East LA or North East LA has copied south central that's completely ridicoulous. I grew up in that area and that last people they would copy are blacks. LOL

*Yes they have. Eses in L.A. have always bitten off of, and copied black cultural expressions on a regular, from your pachucos, all the way to your modern day southsiders-BLACK CULTURAL EXPRESSIONS ARE RAMPANT AMONGST TODAY'S CHICANO FLAVOR.

Southsiders in these days and times, walk like black folks, talk like black folks, utilize gestures and mannerisms of black folks, dance like black folks, and do many things like black folks.

Again, ese hatred for black folks, and their undying, unyielding, unjustifiable racism for black folks, will never take away that reality...

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » September 22nd, 2006, 12:51 pm

TheReal wrote:*Again, that's not true. Anyone from LA will tell you that Sur today, especially amongst the young heads, sport blue heavily, and hold it up as a banner, as solidly as crips did back in the day...
I see so crips dont'wear blue now? :roll:

And why would Sur wear blue like crips if there aren't any Nortenos (red) in LA?
TheReal wrote: *Yes they have. Eses in L.A. have always bitten off of, and copied black cultural expressions on a regular, from your pachucos, all the way to your modern day southsiders-BLACK CULTURAL EXPRESSIONS ARE RAMPANT AMONGST TODAY'S CHICANO FLAVOR.

Southsiders in these days and times, walk like black folks, talk like black folks, utilize gestures and mannerisms of black folks, dance like black folks, and do many things like black folks.

Again, ese hatred for black folks, and their undying, unyielding, unjustifiable racism for black folks, will never take away that reality...
What the hell are these BLACK CULTURAL EXPRESSIONS you're referring of???

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » September 22nd, 2006, 1:28 pm

I said:

Again, that's not true. Anyone from LA will tell you that Sur today, especially amongst the young heads, sport blue heavily, and hold it up as a banner, as solidly as crips did back in the day...

He said:

I see so crips dont'wear blue now?

My response:

I never said crips didn't wear blue these days, but they don't sport it as heavily as they use to, like they did back in the day. Black gangs nowadays don't really dress in that L.A. "gangsta style," but rather, it has become more hip-hop hoppish, with strong influences from the east coast.

In other words, the younger crips have lost their distinct west coast flavor, by sacrificing it on the altar of hip hop flavor and culture overall...

He said:

And why would Sur wear blue like crips if there aren't any Nortenos (red) in LA?

My response:

Because they are biters...

I said:

Yes they have. Eses in L.A. have always bitten off of, and copied black cultural expressions on a regular, from your pachucos, all the way to your modern day southsiders-BLACK CULTURAL EXPRESSIONS ARE RAMPANT AMONGST TODAY'S CHICANO FLAVOR.

Again, ese hatred for black folks, and their undying, unyielding, unjustifiable racism for black folks, will never take away that reality

He said:

My response:

The slang that eses use, outside of Calo. The way eses walk. Their gestures and mannerisms. The music they listen to, and now perform, is heavily black influenced. The way they dress in all blue, and uphold the blue banner as a badge of identity. Their skinned heads, ala Tupac's influence, etc...

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » September 22nd, 2006, 1:51 pm

TheReal wrote:I said:

Again, that's not true. Anyone from LA will tell you that Sur today, especially amongst the young heads, sport blue heavily, and hold it up as a banner, as solidly as crips did back in the day...

He said:

I see so crips dont'wear blue now?

My response:

I never said crips didn't wear blue these days, but they don't sport it as heavily as they use to, like they did back in the day. Black gangs nowadays don't really dress in that L.A. "gangsta style," but rather, it has become more hip-hop hoppish, with strong influences from the east coast.

In other words, the younger crips have lost their distinct west coast flavor, by sacrificing it on the altar of hip hop flavor and culture overall...

He said:

My response:

Because they are biters...

I said:

Yes they have. Eses in L.A. have always bitten off of, and copied black cultural expressions on a regular, from your pachucos, all the way to your modern day southsiders-BLACK CULTURAL EXPRESSIONS ARE RAMPANT AMONGST TODAY'S CHICANO FLAVOR.

Again, ese hatred for black folks, and their undying, unyielding, unjustifiable racism for black folks, will never take away that reality

He said:

My response:

The slang that eses use, outside of Calo. The way eses walk. Their gestures and mannerisms. The music they listen to, and now perform, is heavily black influenced. The way they dress in all blue, and uphold the blue banner as a badge of identity. Their skinned heads, ala Tupac's influence, etc...
They are biters? Yeah hard to be biters when these Surenos started adopting the Blue rag prior to crips. :roll:

If you really think that Surenos wake up everyday and sport blue to represent you're dreaming.

And what slang are you talking about? Also be please be more specific with your claims that they walk, have gestures, mannerisms that blacks originated.

And who cares about Surenos bad taste in music???

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » September 24th, 2006, 8:11 pm

I already posted how surenos use alot of black mannerisms and such but you didn't commit on it gonzo. Especially go to compton, inglewood, and South central them eses act black as hell. The fuckin 18st fools even have an E-walk now. And mexicans listen to some black music that other races didn't fuck with alot or as intense, funk and electro funk and that kinda stuff is an example.

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » September 25th, 2006, 7:44 am

He said:

They are biters? Yeah hard to be biters when these Surenos started adopting the Blue rag prior to crips. :roll:

My response:

Some sources say that the Surenos adopted the blue rag during the mid to late 70's, some say late 60's. No matter when it was adopted, I damn sure know for a fact, that the crips were sporting blue since the very late 60's, but especially, the early 70's.

So say what you will on that end.

But on the same token, it still doesn't negate the fact that crips always deluged themselves heavily in blue apparel, and always made it a point to distinguish themselves in that fashion, whereas eses have only begun to do that heavily, during the very late 90's, but especially during the short time span of the 21st century.

As I said before, ese surenos were influenced by south central, black gang culture, especially that which was wrought from gangsta rap videos, to where right now, if you were to look at the modern southsider/sureno, and their get up, and overall style, and compare them to the cholos/surenos of the past, you will definitely see the crip gang culture influence, from the early, mid, to late 90's-all over contemporary sureno culture.

(If folks want a clue on how surenos back in the day would dress and act, as opposed to now, just check out movies like "Walk Proud," "Duke of Earl," "Boulevard Nights," and "Colors.")

He said:

If you really think that Surenos wake up everyday and sport blue to represent you're dreaming.

My response:

No I'm not dreaming; and you're in self-denial...

He said:

And what slang are you talking about?

My words:

Words and phrases like: Chillin, partyin'; blastin'; foo; homeboy; 187; gangsta; gang-bangin; captain save a ho; OG; keep yo' head up; placing the word 'lil' before their names, which was a southern black tradition; neener; busta; mark; loc (ebonicized way of saying loco); lowrider (eses originally called their rides 'ramflas' or something to that effect); etc...

He said:

Also be please be more specific with your claims that they walk, have gestures, mannerisms that blacks originated.

My response:

What is classified as a pachuco walk, or cholo walk, which many southsiders emulate to this day (Check out the movie "Boulevard Nights," when these cholos were walking down, well, the boulevard), was taken, arrogated, appropriated, and outright stolen, from the styles of certain black men, and how they walked with a swagger,whether they were from the west coast, midwest, south, or east coast.

Your pachuco ancestors first adopted this walk from the black jazz culture they were emulating during the late 30's and early 40's.

Also many of your people, because of their close proximity to black folks, not unlike white folks, have adopted certain gestures and mannerisms, in the way you guys pose, utilize your hand gestures, maddog, etc.

I mean hell, you want me to be specific, but in order for me to be more specific, I would have to give you a demonstration. Just check out the modern day sureno, his speech, the way he carries himself, and the way he adorns himself, and you will be able to easily make a trajectory back to his pachuco ancestors, and how they, just like their descendants, are feeding off of, and indulging in a great amount of cultural expressions, from black culture, even though they collectively hate black people.

He said:

And who cares about Surenos bad taste in music???

My response:

Obviously many of them do, that's why they're trying to steal this cultural expression of black folks. And I use the word "steal" intentionally...

yanomas
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by yanomas » September 26th, 2006, 9:02 am

Ay, diosito santo...

Thanks for the info.

My question is, how can we be sure he is in MS13? What do I look for? I do see a lot of blue and the number 13. How worried should we be? And, btw we're neither mexican nor salvadorean... I always associated MS with the tatoos and brutal, brutal crimes but we're on the east coast so I'm not sure if they'll fit the west coast profile.

Is there any association between the crips and MS? I did see things like te kiero and k instead of c which seemed really strange to me. why would there be lots of blue and no c's? Or is that kids just writing in slang? Or is this just a confused wannabe? (I hope!!!)

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

expanding on blacc influence

Unread post by Shox112 » October 1st, 2006, 9:23 pm

West Coast Style gang graffiti like old english and gang writing is prolly the only thing we got from chicanos...oh yeah what I think TheReal meant by mannerisms and sayings is like: Crips and Bloods called say what up "cuzz" what up "blood" for comradeship amongst themselves...Latino gangs say "ese" to each other or "homies" and so far as the latinos ironing the khakis, they got that from the blacc people when they dressed in them jazzy suits in Harlem, the latinos just stopped wearing the sports coat in the 1950's and 60's and just started wearing a wife beater with the creased pants which gave birth to the traditional "cholo" look

COLONIAVARRIOKC

Unread post by COLONIAVARRIOKC » October 12th, 2006, 7:39 pm

creased pants are from the origanators of the jazz culture in the earlier years, zoot suits, pachucos, black jazz musicans...it was all underground and rebelious in the 40's...my grandparents are part of that generation.

MS 13 ain't shit...

EVERYONE knows MS started as a bunch of Salvadorean kids gettin hit up by chicano generational gangs, they were metal heads...

now its just BS that is killin off poor kids that have no connection to original shit. Like in Guatemala,Hounduras,Nicaragua and other places.
it's BS and not respected in america at all.
unless you're in Virginia or somewhere wack like that it is..

kids see it on TV, and think MS is the hardest shit out there

extradout
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by extradout » October 12th, 2006, 7:51 pm

creased pants are from the origanators of the jazz culture in the earlier years, zoot suits, pachucos, black jazz musicans...it was all underground and rebelious in the 40's...my grandparents are part of that generation.
i been sayin this forever, these young ese cats aint tryna hear it, that shit started with blac jazz culture and it actually started in the 20s

sxr3no
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: MS 13

Unread post by sxr3no » October 17th, 2006, 1:39 pm

yanomas wrote:My stomach is turning right now. I just clicked on my little cousin's myspace and he has 13 in front of his name and after.

We've been working with him trying to keep him out of trouble but it's hard when it's all around and is so enticing. We know he hangs with some shady characters, but this is new and i know MS is in the area.

I'm familiar with the crips and bloods, but how do i recognize MS 13? Do they have specific colors? or is it all about the number 13?
Hey man, look, most of these people right here just talk to talk, Ill bet my right arm that half of them dont even know what they are talking about. I dont know much about this topic and the few things that I know have been clarified by this article in this page. Check it out it might give you some good info. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mara_Salvatrucha

yanomas
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by yanomas » October 22nd, 2006, 1:40 pm

Thank you!

yanomas
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by yanomas » October 22nd, 2006, 1:50 pm

Wikipedia is, well, Wikipedia and not a reliable source. However, I saw that it said that MS 13 wears blue b/c of the Salvadorean flag.

Does anyone know if that's true? Unfortunately it fits and makes sense.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » October 22nd, 2006, 2:47 pm

Wikipedia is not a reliable source at all... That's that white man shit.

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » October 22nd, 2006, 7:55 pm

^^^^IMA HAVE 2 AGREE N DISAGREE, THEY DO GOT SOME USEFUL SHIT UP IN THERE, IM NOT EVEN GONNA FRONT....

shaun_zach
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by shaun_zach » October 23rd, 2006, 9:51 am

You guys are really ignorant. This shit yall spittin has nothin to do with intervention. Someone is asking for help in steering a youngster away from gangs. They are askin what to look for. If you don't know then shut the fuck up. I don't know a lot about MS-13 but from what I have read they are suppose to be very dangerous. If these so called historians of gang knowledge can not helo you then go to google.com and type in MS-13. That should help you. Back to you stupid mofos. This is suppose to be a place where people can seek help or give information on gang intervention and options to help kids stay away from gangs ro those that no longer wish to gang bang anymore. Are you part of the problem or the beginning of a solution. Go Figure!

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » October 23rd, 2006, 10:01 am

man, shut the fu*k up n go baq to ur"sunny side of dallas"....people already suggested everything u said, moron....

sxr3no
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sxr3no » October 24th, 2006, 2:11 pm

shaun_zach wrote:You guys are really ignorant. This shit yall spittin has nothin to do with intervention. Someone is asking for help in steering a youngster away from gangs. They are askin what to look for. If you don't know then shut the fu-- up. I don't know a lot about MS-13 but from what I have read they are suppose to be very dangerous. If these so called historians of gang knowledge can not helo you then go to google.com and type in MS-13. That should help you. Back to you stupid mofos. This is suppose to be a place where people can seek help or give information on gang intervention and options to help kids stay away from gangs ro those that no longer wish to gang bang anymore. Are you part of the problem or the beginning of a solution. Go Figure!
Are we part of the problem or the begining of the solution? Cant you figure it out on your own by reading what we posted up? What the fuck are you? I didnt see you posting up anything that would be of any good to the person asking for help...

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » October 24th, 2006, 7:38 pm

I'm familiar with the crips and bloods, but how do i recognize MS 13? Do they have specific colors? or is it all about the number 13?
I don't know if you seen this thread I started several weeks ago, but it's about MS 13. How the real they are, you'll have to be the judge, but the video did seem convincing. The video explores MS13 in Los Angeles, middle America and Central America. I hope this helps.
viewtopic.php?t=14932&highlight=n

yanomas
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by yanomas » October 29th, 2006, 11:48 am

No, Common Sense, I hadn't seen it but I will check it out now. Thank you!
I always read the threads you start but I must have missed this one.

And for everyone else, I'm glad my question could generate discussion. I think it'd be worse if it had been ignored. It's ok people get caught up in the discussion. I know there are a lot of people on this board.

Thank you to everyone for responding.

shaun_zach
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by shaun_zach » November 3rd, 2006, 10:44 am

To Bxxmilitia and Sxr3no, first I was speakin to those hwo were talkin about MS_13 aint shit. Now I don't know alot about MS13 so I didn't make any comments I told him where he could possibly find some info. I say the video that commonsense spoke of and from what I saw MS13 is very much real. The youngsters that are sportin this might not know the history or the debt. But gang writing and pictures is a sure sign that he is being influenced by someone with ties to MS13.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » December 11th, 2006, 4:28 pm

perongregory wrote:I already posted how surenos use alot of black mannerisms and such but you didn't commit on it gonzo. Especially go to compton, inglewood, and South central them eses act black as hell. The fuckin 18st fools even have an E-walk now. And mexicans listen to some black music that other races didn't fu-- with alot or as intense, funk and electro funk and that kinda stuff is an example.
Although an old post, i agree with that on the compton thang, Look at streetsIsWatching's use of words and terms, thats a clear example.

Doubledeuce

Unread post by Doubledeuce » December 16th, 2006, 9:34 pm

MS13 n XV3 like a fuckin army man, they post up with ARs, no shit. You have to experience or see shit if you're gonna talk about it.

Doubledeuce

Unread post by Doubledeuce » December 16th, 2006, 9:35 pm

13 = South
14 = North

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 17th, 2006, 3:48 am

^LOL Nigga WTF, whoever aint knowin that aint even need to know.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 17th, 2006, 3:48 am

young ass nigga.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: 408

Unread post by ~J~ » December 25th, 2006, 2:55 am

*Surenos are hypocrites, that's why they point their fingers at northsiders. The only advantage that southsiders have over northsiders, in regards to the black angle, is that northsiders, to some extent, ally with blacks, whereas southsiders feel that they are more authentically mexican, and true to their roots, because they don't ally with the mayates, chanates, chongos, monkeys, and/or "niggers."

What makes southsiders more authentically mexican in their eyes, is the fact that they ally with, and keep company with, THE ARYAN BROTHERHOOD (i.e., racist white folks), WHICH TELLS YOU A LOT ABOUT CERTAIN ONES WITHIN THE MEXICAN POPULATION.

Other than that, they're just as black acting as northsiders, only they (southsiders) have adopted black southern california, gang culture, primarily from the crips...

NOT ALL NORTENOS ARE THE SAME. NORTENOS FROM SALINAS TO SAN JOSE OUT TO SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY TEND TO AS CHICANO AS AN L.A SURENOS. (EXCLUSE MAYBE SACARMENTO.) NOW... SAN FRANCISCO, OAKLAND THE EAST BAY AND MAYBE SACARMENTO NORTENOS LIVE IN CLOSE PROXIMITY & TEND TO ALLIES THEMSELVES W/BLACKS THEREFORE TEND TO USE MORE BLACK SLANG AND CUSTOMS TOGETHER W/THEIR CHICANO CUSTOMS. (BUT LIKE I SAY BEFORE NOT ALL NORTENOS ARE THE SAME.)

THE REAL - YOU DO MAKE VALID POINTS, BUT YOUR PERSPECTIVE ON THINGS... IS ALWAYS THE BLACK INFLUENCE. AS IF BLACKS DON'T ADOPT FROM OTHERS. YOU GIVE LITTLE CREDIT TO OTHERS.

NOW... TO BLACKS CREDIT, THEY'RE TO MORE INFLUENCIAL ON TODAY YOUTH, WORLDWIDE.

EVERYONE BRINGS SOMETIME TO THE TABLE NOT ONLY BLACKS.

NOW I'VE HEARD YOU USE SLANDER TOWARD MEXICAN SURENOS (DEVILS) & AND TALK BAD ABOUT CHICANAS LOOKS. THEN YOU TURN AROUND AND TALK ABOUT EYEBALLIN CHICANAS.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND?

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » January 9th, 2007, 10:15 am

J

Are you mexican?

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » January 9th, 2007, 11:03 am

BlaKK wrote:MS 13 is a bunch of low class Mexicans, there parents had too many fuckin children and can no longer keep track of there kids, nor financially support them, so they join gangs such as ms 13.. Have you ever seen an ms13 member, they look like the same niggas who mow my grass... most of them don't even have that "Gang bang" persona. Nigga no way. 80% of them niggas don't even speak English... That is the reason there are fuckin 15,000 or 20,000 of these members, they recruit at age negative 7... Some Mexican families breed like fuckin animals... So there it is. The cycle continues, ms13 will continue to grow rapidly... Lest the feds intervene. In which they already have... And with the new act written in the patriot act, Street gangs can be considered domestic terrorists, meaning the govt can do whatever the fu-- they want with the gangs.
I thought MS 13 is mostly Salvadorians and Central Americans. Though I know MS 13 probably is in Mexico now too.

Damn they are everywhere. And really really really really hate 18th Street gangs. Even in San Salvador.