Gangster vs Thug

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Gangster vs Thug

Unread post by Tyrant » September 24th, 2006, 12:29 pm

Is there a difference to you?

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » September 24th, 2006, 1:18 pm

Different terminology... But same definition. Anyone who believes there is a broad distinction between the two is a dumbass.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » September 24th, 2006, 7:36 pm

BlaKK wrote:Different terminology... But same definition. Anyone who believes there is a broad distinction between the two is a dumbass.
LOL now if anyone responds they're gonna look like a dumbass :lol: :lol:

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » September 25th, 2006, 6:16 pm

the main difference and it is a major difference, is that a gangster is from a gang of other criminals. Thats the main ingredient in the def. of gangste, you gotta be from a gang. A thug could be in a group or not.

looneytunes1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looneytunes1 » September 25th, 2006, 7:17 pm

Gangster vs Thug

I would think the differnce is one is in a gang and the other is not, but both are criminals.

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » October 2nd, 2006, 9:33 pm

A gangsta is obligated to a hood, group, gang, clicc, or whateva else u wanna call it...

A thug is somebody that do some of the same stuff hoods do but either solo or like 2 or 3 heads deep but aint got allegiance to nobody...like in the bay its kinda like that

Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tyrant » October 3rd, 2006, 5:56 pm

Shox112 wrote:A gangsta is obligated to a hood, group, gang, click, or whateva else u wanna call it...

A thug is somebody that do some of the same stuff hoods do but either solo or like 2 or 3 heads deep but aint got allegiance to nobody...like in the bay its kinda like that
how come some places have thugs instead of gangs?

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » October 3rd, 2006, 7:56 pm

it does mean the same shit in a way but it has its differences. a GANGSTER is a lil more sophisticated and a lil more low key and like said before belongs 2 a gang(or maybe not?). a THUG is more like the independent, more ruthless, in some cases disorganized type. when i see a gangster i think a lil more of a money-maker and a thug is more of the ruffian, end up in the box(4 those that know wut im talkin about) type...

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » October 3rd, 2006, 8:33 pm

U See TUPAC OR BONE-THUGS YEAH THEY CLAIMED EAST 99th St Cleveland(st. clair area) but they were thugz cuz they just didnt give a f*^$!!!! :x :x :x :x :x

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » October 4th, 2006, 6:45 pm

wut the fu*k r u talkin about^^^^thats a big ass stereotype(they thugs cause they dont give a fu*k?). me n my homies is thuggin everyday, im in the streets EVERYDAY n we aint necessarily ruthless n out of control. theres a difference between a thug and a fu*kin' animal.....ur obviously lost homeboy....

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » October 4th, 2006, 7:47 pm

Bone thugzz cuzz... They will get loud play for life.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » October 4th, 2006, 7:58 pm

BlaKK wrote:Bone thugzz cuzz... They will get loud play for life.
cosign 8)

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » October 4th, 2006, 8:36 pm

Im sure yo fingaz dont itch triggaz as fast as you type homie...if u in them streets stay in dem streets cuz a real street niggah wont bang on the net....Im from Watts Homie I KNOW ERRY THANG THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT STREETS

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » October 4th, 2006, 8:45 pm

MILITIA

oh yeah i 4got You from the NY u gotta come to dis site to gang bang...hahhaha learn all u can learn from LA niggaz...Boy...

u should know of all people what thuggin was about given that on the east coast it was a bunch a thugz b4 yall try to copy us and GANG BANG...SO LEAVE the REAL GANG BANGIN TO the KILLA CALI LOC's and DAMU'S

ps I got boyz in jersey that'll touch u homie they thugz but they where a buncha purple :arrow:

OH YEAH I FORGOT YALL EAST COAST CATS USED TO BEIN TRENDY LIKE GOIN FROM PRO-BlACC to MAFIA GOTTI-SH**, TO SOULJAZ (MILITIA) TO JUST THUGZ, AND NOW YALL BLOODS AND CRIPS ...NIGGA PLEAZE

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » October 6th, 2006, 10:34 am

man, fuck if these ny niggaz is trynna bang that red in blue in new york, i dont giv a fuck about no blood or crip, n i dont gotta get on the net 2 bang, n who gives a fuck if u from watts, that dont mean shit, i aint here 2 learn shit bout no bloods or crips, that shit is all funny 2 me homeboy,i role dolo, i dont need a bunch of sorry ass niggaz behind me n i dont need no fu*kin' O.G., i dont got no boss unlike these bird ass niggaz.....i dont care if anybody'z blood or crip really,that dont mean shit,u asumin' im here 2 learn shit bout cali, fuck outta here, im new york 2 the bone-grizzle, i aint gonna suck of a nigga coast, fuck i look like???n ny niggaz STILL keep it thuggin, n theres still mad real niggaz that keep it 100% without clamin' some food ass blood or crip set,n u talkin bout niggaz in jersey? stop playin' i got homies in newark, patterson n camden all day.....

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » October 6th, 2006, 6:45 pm

Gangster vs Thug

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » October 6th, 2006, 7:45 pm

So whats the difference? No difference at all if you ask me. Thats like the difference between a car and an automobile.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » October 6th, 2006, 7:53 pm

Thats what Im sayin.. there is no fuckin differeance. "Hey are you a thug or a gangster or a PLAYER" Funny ass comedian I'd bitchslap a nigga like a ho ass.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » October 6th, 2006, 9:54 pm

nah there is a diff. cause a gangsta gotta be from a gang, he gotta rep a gang. A thug just a criminal that could be on his lonesome, or in a crew, or whatever.

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » October 6th, 2006, 10:21 pm

I guess dem NY niggah keepit homo-thuggin with the pink bandanaz
look at how dipset rep NY :lol:

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » October 7th, 2006, 8:04 am

perongregory wrote:nah there is a diff. cause a gangsta gotta be from a gang, he gotta rep a gang. A thug just a criminal that could be on his lonesome, or in a crew, or whatever.
Yea from the terminology, but the outcome is the same.
And even if you look at it closer, both mean the same:

Thug - Thug derives from the Hindi "Thag," meaning a member of an organized criminal ring. This groups is notorious for strangling its victims as human sacrifices for Kali, the warrior form of Parvati, the wife of Shiva, the Liberator.

The term was applied by the British to brutish people who caused trouble by beating people up, as in soccer (football) hooligans, and professional killers and leg-breakers. The term has become synonymous with "gangsta" in Black vernacular.

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » October 7th, 2006, 9:52 am

thats dipset, i dont fuck with dipset, their music is garbage n they're funny money,but anywayz back 2 the topic...

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » October 7th, 2006, 8:29 pm

gangsta's are in gangs
thugs are jst ur everyday hood niggaz that do mad dirt in a solo way but stil have homies
i dono man Fu.ck it ..its all the same thang..coz some thugs in gangs
but i dono thug is like TUPAC
gangsta is like MC eiht ( music wise)

here in the east caost its alot of thugs n we got gangsta's in they mobs n everything

Return to “Prevention, Intervention, Education and Awareness”