Keeping Young People Safe

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

Anonymous20

Keeping Young People Safe

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 2nd, 2004, 8:54 pm

We all know that colors has been a big part of gang identification in Los ANgeles, Chicago and other places, but now it seems that every logo from sports to college, NFL and basketball can signify a certain gang. If a parent wanted to keep his/her kid safe and wanted to avoid certain gang logos, what can a parent or young kid do to not get confused.

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Re: Keeping Young People Safe

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » March 2nd, 2004, 9:05 pm

nothing, i got a homie who dresses in the most off the wall junk, and niggaz still think he bangs. Every color now adays mean somethin, even if you got a hat with no writing or whateva niggaz still gonna think somethin. Even if you dress like a whiteboy or whateva. You dress with all the flashy shit niggaz think u bang, u dress plain niggaz think u bang.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 2nd, 2004, 11:14 pm

Yeah its gettin bad to the point every thing you war niggas want to start on you. Think its messed up.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 2nd, 2004, 11:15 pm

Yeah its gettin bad to the point every thing you wear niggas want to start on you. Think its messed up.

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » March 2nd, 2004, 11:16 pm

i dont blame them for checkin on people though...nowadays any 12 year old kid can get a gun, especially in big cities, so you never know where danger might come from.......

coconut1202004
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by coconut1202004 » March 3rd, 2004, 11:45 am

BUT ITS NOT REALLY THE CLOTHES, BUT IF YOU HAVE BANGIN FOR
YEARS CLOTHES AND COLORS DONT MATTER CAUSE A PERSONS
DEMEANOR SAY ALOT YOU CAN TELL WHOSE A CRIP OR A DAMU
SO CLOTHES REALLY DONT MATTER AND THATS FROM THE CALI
POINT

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » March 3rd, 2004, 12:29 pm

Dress them in Green Bay Packers or Minnesota Viking clothing..LOL...Those are some ugly ass colors...

PREACH
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PREACH » March 5th, 2004, 3:30 am

on the real i think it's the way you where your clothes. you know whut im saying?

Digital_Designs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Digital_Designs » March 10th, 2004, 3:40 am

samdoobie wrote: Green Bay Packers ...
Shotgun Crip (Gardena) wears the hat.....

TONY

Unread post by TONY » March 26th, 2004, 4:34 pm

alonso wrote:We all know that colors has been a big part of gang identification in Los ANgeles, Chicago and other places, but now it seems that every logo from sports to college, NFL and basketball can signify a certain gang. If a parent wanted to keep his/her kid safe and wanted to avoid certain gang logos, what can a parent or young kid do to not get confused.
IN SOUTH LA AND INGLEWOOD AND U TRYNA KEEP SAFE THATS HARD...IF U DONT LOOK LIKE U BANG U MIGHT GET JAKED. WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SKOOL I USED TO JAK PEEPS WHO I KNEW DIDNT BANG.
GANSTAS BANG ON YUNG BLACK NIGS WHO WEARIN BAGGY CLOTHES AND WHATEVA ELSE.GANSTAS AND PO PO LOOK FO the SAME THING NOW:BLACK, BAGGY KLOTHES, GOT MONEY, GOT YA HEAD IN the AIR,...ALL that

TONY

Unread post by TONY » March 26th, 2004, 4:34 pm

alonso wrote:We all know that colors has been a big part of gang identification in Los ANgeles, Chicago and other places, but now it seems that every logo from sports to college, NFL and basketball can signify a certain gang. If a parent wanted to keep his/her kid safe and wanted to avoid certain gang logos, what can a parent or young kid do to not get confused.
IN SOUTH LA AND INGLEWOOD AND U TRYNA KEEP SAFE THATS HARD...IF U DONT LOOK LIKE U BANG U MIGHT GET JAKED. WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SKOOL I USED TO JAK PEEPS WHO I KNEW DIDNT BANG.
GANSTAS BANG ON YUNG BLACK NIGS WHO WEARIN BAGGY KLOTHES AND WHATEVA ELSE.GANSTAS AND PO PO LOOK FO the SAME THING NOW:BLACK, BAGGY KLOTHES, GOT MONEY, GOT YA HEAD IN the AIR,...ALL that

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » March 26th, 2004, 4:42 pm

[quote="TONY
WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SKOOL I USED TO JAK PEEPS WHO I KNEW DIDNT BANG.
[quote]

What goes around comes around! There are alot of fools kickin' it in the L.A. County Morgue on monday morning, from assuming easy Jack Moves over the weekend. Not everyone that look's like a buster....is a buster.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » March 26th, 2004, 5:42 pm

I teach my kids how to defend themselves.

TONY

Unread post by TONY » March 26th, 2004, 10:50 pm

Common Sense wrote:[quote="TONY
WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SKOOL I USED TO JAK PEEPS WHO I KNEW DIDNT BANG.

What goes around comes around! There are alot of fools kickin' it in the L.A. County Morgue on monday morning, from assuming easy Jack Moves over the weekend. Not everyone that look's like a buster....is a buster.
I FEEL YA I WAS JUS SAYIN...IF U LOOK LIKE A PUNK FOOLS MIGHT JAK U.

LinozMami
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by LinozMami » August 29th, 2004, 1:55 am

I have been put down for the way I dress my 5 year old son. He wears one of those cloth belts with a metal buckle that has the first letter in his name on it in old english.(alot of people call em cholo belts) I dont dress my kid in colors, but I do dress him stylish, baggy. And he loves it. I cant stand to see a cute lil boy in some highwater pants all mismatched. As a parent I would say watch out for the color of hats, shoes, laces most

PAPI CHULO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PAPI CHULO » September 12th, 2004, 1:49 am

LET ME SEE I KNOW GRAPE ST CRIPS IN WATTS BE SPORTIN THE PURPLE JAZZ JERSEY OR ANY PURPLE SHYT FOR THAT FACT
I THINK INSANE CRIP OR THE ROLLIN 20's IN THE LBC ONE OF THEM GANGS SPORT THE STEELERS JERSEYS
ANYWAYZ IT DONT MATTER WHAT U WEAR ESE
IF U SPORT NICE EXPENSIVE BALLASHIT U GOT TO KEEP THRUCHA FOR GETTIN JACKED IF U SPORT GANGSTA SHIT U GOT TO BE WORRIED ABOUT GETTIN HIT UP OR JUMPED
ME IM 16 AND I AINT NO BANGER
AND I SPORT WHAT EVER THE FUK I WANT
EXCEPT FOR THE COLOR RED
CAUSE IF U GOT A SHAVED HEAD U MEXICAN AND U SPORT RED IN SOUTHERNCALIFAS U A DEAD MOTHER FUCKER
I SPORT THE BALD HEAD THO SO WHEN EVER I GO OUT I GET LOTS OF VATOS GIVIN ME LOOKS THINKIN IM A SURENO OR SOMETHIN
ME I SPORT GANGSTA SHIT AND BALLER SHIT
ALL I CAN SAY IS DONT GET CAUGHT SLIPPIN
OR ITS SAD TO SAY ESE BUT NOW IN DAYZ
IN L.A. U CANT EVEN WALK DOWN THE STREET WITH OUT SOME KIND OF DRAMA CRACKIN
I MEAN U NEED A FUCKEN CUETE JUST TO WALK DOWN THE STREETZ THESE DAYZ NO MATTER WHO U ARE

Ducati
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Ducati » September 12th, 2004, 3:01 am

PAPI CHULO, I like you am 16, when i go kick it with friends we don't get drama, i usually wear white // black // grey and i wear black hats and grey hats, and some bad religion beanies, no one give's me s**t or anything. I just mind my own buisness.

PAPI CHULO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PAPI CHULO » September 12th, 2004, 2:10 pm

Yea Me tho MOST OF MY HOMIES TELL ME I LOOK LIKE A GANGSTER SO I GEUSS THATS Y I GET SO MUCH DRAMA U KNOW

Pumpkin2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Pumpkin2 » December 30th, 2004, 2:02 am

DONT WORRY ABOUT THE OUTSIDE..OR CLOTHES..START INSIDE...THEIR THINKING,TEACH VALUES WORK YOUR WAY....INSIDE OUT....AND THE PANTS WILL COME UP,SMILES WILL COME BACK AND COLORS WILL COME OFF.BUT WORK ON THEIR THINKING AND VALUES TALK
TO THEM AND LISTEN TO THEM.GANGS LOGOS CHANGE EVERYDAY,COMMUNCATION IS KEY.

Pumpkin2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Pumpkin2 » December 30th, 2004, 2:07 am

Pumpkin2 wrote:
DONT WORRY ABOUT THE OUTSIDE..OR CLOTHES..START INSIDE...THEIR THINKING,TEACH VALUES WORK YOUR WAY....INSIDE OUT....AND THE PANTS WILL COME UP,SMILES WILL COME BACK AND COLORS WILL COME OFF.BUT WORK ON THEIR THINKING AND VALUES TALK
TO THEM AND LISTEN TO THEM.GANGS LOGOS CHANGE EVERYDAY,COMMUNCATION IS KEY.
ALSO LEARN THE HOOD RULES....EVERY HOOD AS THEM?

Soldier
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Soldier » December 30th, 2004, 11:23 pm

A lot of these guys have actually given some pretty decent advice. There's really nothing you can do about the clothes man. Even if you think a brand or a logo is safe, some day a little click will spring up that uses it. Just tell your kid what's up. If he dresses like that and tries to be a little bad-ass, people will assume shit. If he's raised right, it shows. If you respect people regardless of their colors, it doesn't really matter what you wear. Also, make sure he knows something about the area he's going into. Don't walk through a certain area with known prominence of a certain gang like the bloods, nortenos, or latin kings wearing british knights, blue jeans, blue button up shirt, baby blue hoody and a nice blue du-rag to complete the look. A lot of it is just common sense. If you walk past some body, acknowledge his presence, but don't continue to stare, and don't necessarily ignore him either or it looks like you're scared and that's ALSO asking for it. Confidence, and RESPECT. It gets you out of a lot of shit. Besides, I'm not sure why he would be hanging out in a known gang area by himself anyway. Not sure how old the kid is you're talking about, but make sure he doesn't just copy random things he sees rappers doing on BET. That's how the crip walk started in little Johhn'ys house, and I'm sure there's a little Johnny somewhere in Cali that got shot for doing it. All those random stupid-ass hand signs that mean this or that - discourage it. It might mean "west coast" but it also might mean "West Oakland Killers" or whatever. Make sure he and you are educated, and encourage him to be careful. Outside of that, trust him.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 9th, 2005, 7:05 am

Aight soldier said it, cant explain any better than that man-

I personally think basicly any where you are, yur safe regardless of what color an shit yur wearing, may b in parts of Cali you get shot down for faggot stuff like that, but im 276% sure that practically anywhere else it dunnent matter. lotta people r just exagurating about ''getting smoked'' for wearing the wrong color in the wrong hood.
lemme tell you youngns sum-
i came back yesterday from a trip 2 tijuana in northern mexico ese, an as you probly know thats a gang runned place eh,
an i was wearin a shirt with big letters: EASTSIDE
so anyways i had sum piece of SHIT hotel cuz i cuddent afford much more than that cuz the damn flight was so expensive, an that hotel was in sum major gang area. so i went out for a lil walk around the lil street markets on the streets 2 get sum shit you know, an even tho i was wearin that shirt around the thuggest mexican niggas out there i jus gave dem a normal respective look an they kool. naw mean?? if u repsect em they respect u back, they not pathetic enough 2 gun you down just for wearing the wrong clothes man....dats jus fuckin B.S/////

paperinacup
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by paperinacup » January 10th, 2005, 12:38 am

Truthfully you never know. You just gotta know the kid. Alot stuff like the raiders around here already got ppl looking at you whether or not you bang. But yeah you can get a gun with a few bodies on it VERY easy. All the need to do is save that lunch money a few weeks.

paperinacup
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by paperinacup » January 10th, 2005, 12:40 am

Canada/NL wrote:Aight soldier said it, cant explain any better than that man-

I personally think basicly any where you are, yur safe regardless of what color an shit yur wearing, may b in parts of Cali you get shot down for faggot stuff like that, but im 276% sure that practically anywhere else it dunnent matter. lotta people r just exagurating about ''getting smoked'' for wearing the wrong color in the wrong hood.
lemme tell you youngns sum-
i came back yesterday from a trip 2 tijuana in northern mexico ese, an as you probly know thats a gang runned place eh,
an i was wearin a shirt with big letters: EASTSIDE
so anyways i had sum piece of SHIT hotel because i cuddent afford much more than that because the damn flight was so expensive, an that hotel was in sum major gang area. so i went out for a lil walk around the lil street markets on the streets 2 get sum shit you know, an even tho i was wearin that shirt around the thuggest mexican niggas out there i jus gave dem a normal respective look an they kool. naw mean?? if u repsect em they respect u back, they not pathetic enough 2 gun you down just for wearing the wrong clothes man....dats jus fuckin B.S/////
Thats not JUST in cali. I know alot places that while you wont get killed theyll mess you up for wearing the wrong thing.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 10th, 2005, 7:28 am

Yeah i know, thats getting MESSUP UP, ok, but thas not the same as getting KILLED gettin me?? thats what im basicly tryin to say.

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » January 16th, 2005, 10:13 am

Maybe Golf-wear does it.If it should be nice.I think all the way back to the scotts check pattern.I can imagine .
For playing a (common)rugby shirt can do good work.As it is simply undestroyable and has soft(small) pads in the shoulders.
For freetime you may put on parts from martial arts GHIs.Like trousers are double stitched also in all colours avilable and cheaper than SWEATCHOPENSLAVING jogging suits.