Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?

Unread post by wcrockets » May 11th, 2004, 8:38 am

Recently an interesting post and response came to the board and I wanted to share it in the hopes each of us will ask ourselves if we are part of the problem or part of the solution and make positive changes where necessary. Please note that us moderators cannot possibly each read all the posts on this board so you should PM us if you see a flagarant violation of the rules. Thank you. Here are the posts:

Member One Posted: I have been reading this site for a long time, probably about a year. And in that time, mostly in the past couple months, members that are violating the rules for this site repeatedly, are not getting banned. Most of the members that actually know the truth and know a lot more than just about everybody else on this forum, arent posting nearly as much. And its because we're getting sick of reading these stupid ass people that have no clue of what they're talking about.

Member Two Replied: I feel ya man. I never even started entering the forums on this site until about December. I use to just come once every few weeks to see the news articles on the main page, and to see if Madd Ronald typed anything new. I always figured the Forums would be like some of the forums and chat rooms on other gang sites... people trying to hype up their city, and saying stuff like: yEz hOmIeZ i bE kEePiN iT rEaL fRoM the kRaDlE 2 the gRiZavE.

When I finally came in here back then, and I read some posts from bgCasper, stateraised2000, wcrockets, kevmac, Tatta and a few others, that's when I became a regular. There were actually people on here who sounded for real, and educated! Which is very rare on sites like this.

So yeah, I understand what you're saying, some people on here right now sound like gangster groupies trying to promote their imaginary gangs, and some are starting stupid topics; "are koreans called gooks too?", "ARE THERE ANY REAL BANGKERS (ROFL) ON THIS SITE", "BLACK LEADERS OF THE NUESTRA FAMILIA?" Are you joking?? Plus, wasn't there a rule against intentionally spelling words improperly?? What's with all this double c, and k's after b's and c's? We know none of you guys typed http://www.streetgangs.cKom to get here! What does that do? How do you guys navigate properly through the internet if you're always putting K's after C's and B's. You aren't, so why are you doing it here? You know that's nonsense, so I don't know why people do that, is that suppose to increase your net "gangstuh" credibility??
Last edited by wcrockets on June 10th, 2004, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T~

Re: Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?

Unread post by T~ » May 14th, 2004, 6:10 pm

Much Much props exelent post, If only more people respected this place an used a bit more common sense befor they posted.

kevmac
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kevmac » June 3rd, 2004, 1:27 am

ToM wrote:Much Much props exelent post, If only more people respected this place an used a bit more common sense befor they posted.
When Mangler told me about this forum, it took all but a couple days before I got sprung. I see my youth and my knowledge all over again through the mind and internet.

First I broke the rules, then I abided by them, then I reminded members that Alonso wants FACTS and to stay on topic. Again I was sprung, but now wanting to click on topics and see the appropiate post taking place. I became a self- made moderator of sorts.

I began posting 10 post per day, bumping heads and sharing info with the same names posted by wcrockets Gibby, Samdoobie, Mangler, Ace, YG, mrnineowe, KAYDEE were also on the shortlist of authenic posters. So I began spitting some real street dirt between myself and local rivals. At that time I found that many members of this forum weren't ready to hear the dirt on their idols, so I backed up but remained active.

Over a four month period I tried posting questions to Alonso, the moderators, and forum members about the accuracy of some of his gangs listed on his gangs page. No one could give me satisfactory answers to my questions. Alonso never responded to any of them. Two or three members started posting questions as to why their questions weren't being answered, I couldn't help but wonder the samething. There are too many members here and the site owner who wants the credit for his research that everyone has stolen. It is suppose to be easy to get an answer right? Wrong.

Soon the New Yorkers and the wanna bee's began moving to the forefront. They seen questions couldn't be answered, and took it upon themselves to start answering questions about L.A. Gangs with the information they have read on the internet. They became bolder and more active. Thats about the sametime Casper and Mangler ran off the only real EIGHT TRAY GANGSTER. It became boring at that time. Soon after that, exposing the fakes and explaining where Grape St and Nuthood Watts hood is became repetitive and old.

Now there isn't much to talk about. Too many post about crip parades and changing of sets on the east coast. It became harder and harder to find the legit discussions and participants whom opinions we all respected and whom information is credible.

Deleting post, threatening members, and banning everyone put a big dent in the number of members and post. So now we know what the problem is, so it should be easy to find a solution!

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » June 3rd, 2004, 8:21 am

Serious kev, check this out; maybe everyone should be allowed to read the site BUT being able to participate should require more than just registering a nick.

kevmac
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kevmac » June 3rd, 2004, 3:33 pm

wcrockets wrote:Serious kev, check this out; maybe everyone should be allowed to read the site BUT being able to participate should require more than just registering a nick.
I agree wholeheartedly. If that is how it came out then I am wrong. That was not my intent. I never was good with words.

My point is we as members, ran off a good member who was actually a real ETG from L.A. A gang website with mostly information and research on crips and bloods in L.A. and unincorporated L.A. definitely becomes more credible and lively when a reptible and well know gang has a member of it. He doesn't have to recite or repeat the names and incidents that Monster did in his book whereas a ETG from NYC speaking on L.A. can't do that from 3000 miles away unless he is from here. Feel me.

So you are right, don't get me wrong, that wasn't what I was saying. It is good for everyone from every city in america and across the globe to participate here, but when NEW YORK takes the forefront it takes away from genuine post and info on Los Angeles. As evident, it acts as a deterrent or the silly post becomes tiring.

Your idea or solution is not a bad one, but I don't see how that makes for good screening. Anyway, enjoy this site. In no means was I trying to knock it, but rather give you the reason for possible problems. Then one could begin working on the solution.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » June 3rd, 2004, 4:10 pm

I feel that for sure. Also I think respect needs to come back in this game. I hope some changes are in the air. I started the discussion in that other thread. Check them out. Peace.

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT » June 8th, 2004, 10:31 am

trying to be the solution and I won't write the bull crap on this forum because i find everyone to be very respectful on this forum, so there whouldn't be any need for net banging. Even if my enemy from a rival gang came on the site I would treat him with the same respect as others, this is aplace to exchange info and educate eachother about the streets. This can actually be a benefit to all who want to learn what others refuse to tlak about.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » October 16th, 2008, 11:37 pm

there are way too many gangster groupies on the internet and many of them came to this site often. I have worked hard to eliminate many of those users.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » October 19th, 2008, 2:45 pm

alexalonso wrote:there are way too many gangster groupies on the internet and many of them came to this site often. I have worked hard to eliminate many of those users.
maybe u shud try a simple test...ask them what city they are from and if they lie they get banned...i mean u can see where everybody is from and everything...so if they lie then n therre they gon be some wanabes and just run their mouth on stuff they dont kno abuot which leaves the board looking stupid coz ..picture having an english discussion with illiterate people

Return to “Prevention, Intervention, Education and Awareness”