bROTHAS NEED TO WAKE UP

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

louis

bROTHAS NEED TO WAKE UP

Unread post by louis » June 24th, 2004, 11:34 am

Why is it that black people as a whole are so divided?
Just want to hear another mans p.o.v

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: bROTHAS NEED TO WAKE UP

Unread post by alexalonso » June 28th, 2004, 6:55 am

that is human nature, everybody seems to be divided in some way, whites are divided right down the middle, republican and democrat, hispanics are divided, mexicans, puerto ricans, cuban, el salvadoreans, etc, asians are divided, north and south korea, chinese, japanese, etc, christians are divided, muslims are divided, sunni, shiiates, and it just does not stop.

I would say that the Jews are a close nit people with little division, but it you look at them more closely, there is probably some sort of division.

Chapin
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Chapin » June 28th, 2004, 2:19 pm

yeah jews are pretty close nit, but Even some orthodox jews are divided over religous matters. The Jewish comunity is small in numbers so its easier for them to cooperate with each other.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » June 28th, 2004, 2:41 pm

i agree with Alonso on this one. Humans are divided in general...it would be nice and a better place if everyone could unite but its not realistic in this day and time.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » July 1st, 2004, 9:35 am

Unity, solidarity, community, equality, respect , oh how I love the sound of those words! These ideas are as old as the hills and as new as the sunrise this morming, just as real, just as potent, just as seemingly unreacheable. But friends, another truth is that at no time in humanities history were thses ideas any easier to achieve than right now, It is no more difficult or easy. So, how do we begin. We begin with we. We do it. We get infected by ideas which bring people together. REad Mahatama Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Archbishop Oscar Romero of El Salvador, Nelson MAndela (my hero) and your own Father Greg Boyle form Homeboy Industries (G-Dog to his friends!). Seek inspiration. Be brave and dont go graze with the rest of the sheep, get me. Stand up, be solid enough to stand alone. Say no to violence and yes to peace. It all starts with us.