The Freddie Myers Story

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

The Freddie Myers Story

Unread post by alexalonso » December 6th, 2007, 3:12 am

Here is the story about a New York heroin dealer from the 1970s and early 80s who made millions on the streets. He was on the cover of the FEDS magazine earlier this year and now this new DVD.

For more about this DVD go to:

http://www.streetgangs.com/movies/freddiemyers.html

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » December 9th, 2007, 1:24 am

What kills me is that these dudes are always standing around talking about what they HAD!!! If you was making $500,000 a week, you could think of nothing better to do with it than to buy "Muhcades and jurry"??? What these clowns never learned from the Kennedys, the Bushes, and however many other white dynastys were started with dirty money, is that they didn't flash it, and they built legit empires and for the most part never looked back. There were content to be "hood legends", but how are you the "best that ever did it" when you ain't got shit left???

Until black people change their mindset, they'll never accumulate wealth. A rapper gets his first signing bonus and want to spend all of it on a car and overpriced "jewels" so they can be seen, but Bill Gates could probably walk down any street in American and if you weren't seriously into computers, you might not even recognize him. That need to be flashy is what makes them targets, and once you become a target, by haters or by the government, its usually just a matter of time.

These "back in the day we was doin' it big" stories are getting tired. Especially when the result is so predictable.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » December 10th, 2007, 9:19 pm

creativemind wrote:What kills me is that these dudes are always standing around talking about what they HAD!!! If you was making $500,000 a week, you could think of nothing better to do with it than to buy "Muhcades and jurry"??? What these clowns never learned from the Kennedys, the Bushes, and however many other white dynastys were started with dirty money, is that they didn't flash it, and they built legit empires and for the most part never looked back. There were content to be "hood legends", but how are you the "best that ever did it" when you ain't got shit left???

Until black people change their mindset, they'll never accumulate wealth. A rapper gets his first signing bonus and want to spend all of it on a car and overpriced "jewels" so they can be seen, but Bill Gates could probably walk down any street in American and if you weren't seriously into computers, you might not even recognize him. That need to be flashy is what makes them targets, and once you become a target, by haters or by the government, its usually just a matter of time.

These "back in the day we was doin' it big" stories are getting tired. Especially when the result is so predictable.
there is some truth to what you are saying, but when blacks do illegal activity like they did in the 1920s and 1930s, they had more obstacles to deal with, like the police, and if they were caught for illegal activitity, they sent blacks to jail for a long time. When white gangsters did their dirt in the 1920s and 1930s, they were more protected from the law and did not get sent to the joint in the same way.

Now, buying jewelry and rolls royce's is not smart, but when blacks get their hands on large amounts of money, when they never had it, that is what will happen.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » December 11th, 2007, 7:05 pm

alexalonso wrote:
creativemind wrote:What kills me is that these dudes are always standing around talking about what they HAD!!! If you was making $500,000 a week, you could think of nothing better to do with it than to buy "Muhcades and jurry"??? What these clowns never learned from the Kennedys, the Bushes, and however many other white dynastys were started with dirty money, is that they didn't flash it, and they built legit empires and for the most part never looked back. There were content to be "hood legends", but how are you the "best that ever did it" when you ain't got shit left???

there is some truth to what you are saying, but when blacks do illegal activity like they did in the 1920s and 1930s, they had more obstacles to deal with, like the police, and if they were caught for illegal activitity, they sent blacks to jail for a long time. When white gangsters did their dirt in the 1920s and 1930s, they were more protected from the law and did not get sent to the joint in the same way.

Now, buying jewelry and rolls royce's is not smart, but when blacks get their hands on large amounts of money, when they never had it, that is what will happen.
You're right, but there's always been a double-standard with everything. Same way you get more time for dealing crack than for dealing powder cocaine. We have to know that we can't play the game because they change the rules to suit themselves.

With regards jewelry and cars, we're always in such a hurry to be seen, that we play right into the hands of those who have those stereotypical views of us. You hear white people say that if they give a Black man $1 million, he'll be broke in 3 years because he's more interested in spending his money, than using it to make more money.

At the point where you've made several million, as these guys all claim to have some, there's no reason to remain in the game because it catches up with you. The proof is in the pudding... they all wound up broke. That's crazy.

streetanarchy

Unread post by streetanarchy » December 16th, 2007, 11:01 pm

THE DVD IS WELL WORTH GETTING, ITS A MUST HAVE FOR YOUR COLLECTION, SPREAD THE WORD

SpotRusherACE
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpotRusherACE » May 31st, 2008, 8:14 pm

I completely agree with you man. People need to save there money. Yes Flossin' is great but you need to budget your money. If your making 500K a week no more than 50K of it every week should be spent on flossin'. Thats more than enough to have all the benzes an jewels you want.
I do understand that temptation though, cause especially when you come from nothing, its so hard to not go all out. When you spent your whole childhood in dirty ass clothes riding the bus an eating whatever scraps you can find that lobster dinner plate, new chain, an jaguar is so damn tempting.

I try not to talk about past accomplishments tho, because honestly I could be sitting real fat right now but it was my first time getting money an all that flashy shit just too damn tempting. I didn't stay humble an I got humbled cause of it. That happens to most dudes but most dudes don't learn the 1st, 2nd or even third time.

SpotRusherACE
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpotRusherACE » May 31st, 2008, 8:19 pm

creativemind wrote:
alexalonso wrote:

You're right, but there's always been a double-standard with everything. Same way you get more time for dealing crack than for dealing powder cocaine. We have to know that we can't play the game because they change the rules to suit themselves.

With regards jewelry and cars, we're always in such a hurry to be seen, that we play right into the hands of those who have those stereotypical views of us. You hear white people say that if they give a Black man $1 million, he'll be broke in 3 years because he's more interested in spending his money, than using it to make more money.

At the point where you've made several million, as these guys all claim to have some, there's no reason to remain in the game because it catches up with you. The proof is in the pudding... they all wound up broke. That's crazy.
Word I never understood why some dude like Ricky Ross didn't just retire an leave the country an live off his hundreds of millions. I mean dude was making 1 mil every day for like 2-3 years. Couldn't he have just left the game at 25, 50, or 100 mil? I mean, honestly how can you even spend that much money on anything practical?
They were all so money fiends they wern't going to stop going for that cake till they got locked, an eventually thats what happened, now there locked. I would rather have the safe job at Albertsons than be locked up in prison like an animal reminiscing on 20 years ago when I was really rich an wasted all my cake on a bunch of cars, clothes an people who ended up not giving a f*** about me once I was broke.

tray36
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: fayetteville

Re: The Freddie Myers Story

Unread post by tray36 » October 27th, 2008, 9:55 pm

all of them not broke ; )