Guardian Angels Back In L.A.

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Guardian Angels Back In L.A.

Unread post by Common Sense » July 31st, 2004, 12:21 am

Well the Angels are back. They were in L.A. about 10 years patrolling the streets of Hollywood, but went back to N.Y. for reason's I don't know. They say they're on the lookout for taggers, purse snatchers and shop lifter, and general trouble makers. They also state they will be friendlier and more people oriented this time around. The Police Chief loves them.

This will be interesting.

SnowmanW/S
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Guardian Angels Back In L.A.

Unread post by SnowmanW/S » July 31st, 2004, 7:06 am

They won't last there they'll take a plane back to N.Y. in a month or two. Like they did the last time.

Ho0dStA bOi
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Ho0dStA bOi » July 31st, 2004, 2:37 pm

i wonder where they gon be at, i know 4 sho they not gon be south of the 10 freeway. they betta be careful tho , gon be playin guardian angel and get shot or stabbed up

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » August 21st, 2004, 7:01 pm

"If they wear those red berets in the wrong area, the gangs will shoot them in a second," Bratton said. "The visibility and eyes and ears they provide is fine, but just don't do it in areas where they are going to be in great risk and danger."

-- cbs website

and also, there is talk of the gaurdian angels in los angeles doing a reality-based tv show to help peace between bloods in crips in los angeles.

what y'all think?

here's the link to the source:

http://guardianangels.org/pdf/news244.pdf

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » August 23rd, 2004, 6:55 pm

SnowmanW/S wrote:They won't last there they'll take a plane back to N.Y. in a month or two. Like they did the last time.
The reason they went back to New York was because Chief Gates didn't want to have anything to do with them.

Chief Bratton has worked with the Angels in two other cities. They are going to be here for a while.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » August 24th, 2004, 3:03 pm

I really don't think they could have hung back in the late 80's and early 90's when things were at their worst. I mean gangsters would have been lining up to go on missions against these out of towners on their blocks hassling them and trying to put cases on them.

Things are different today though in a lot of areas because of three strikes and tougher laws. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » December 29th, 2005, 7:40 pm

ha ha we got them here in denver making sure colfax ave(once a crackhead/prostitution/drunk indian) area was cleaned up for safety of white people.....who make up half the traffic there anyways

whatever.....id like to see them patrol s federal blvd or one of the projects that will be the day

SnowmanW/S
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SnowmanW/S » January 2nd, 2006, 11:03 am

They in the briccs now also the neighborhood called the NECC.The area where they filmed WAR OF THE WORLDS with TOM CRUISE. They had a increase of crime in that area two bodies and alot of robberies.

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » January 4th, 2006, 1:45 am

i remember seein those clowns back in the day. they were beatin the $hit outta some kid taggin. yellin "your goin to jail a$$hole". they did seem to be around for a lil bit. then they was gone. Those gay ass angels are Nazis for real.