What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

Post Reply
User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by Common Sense » October 1st, 2004, 7:12 pm

What good have done in your neighborhood lately.

Do you help the little homies?

Do you help keep it clean?

Do you help the ederly?

Do your neighbors like you?

Do you do anything positive for the benefit of your people/race.

Inquiring minds want to know???????????????????????????????????????????

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by Common Sense » October 3rd, 2004, 3:19 pm

Just what I thought. Most of you don't do anything.

CHRIS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 578
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 11:40 pm
Location: SAN PEDRO GANGSTERS
Contact:

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by CHRIS » October 3rd, 2004, 3:22 pm

HOW THE FUC DO YOU KNOW THAT? YOU SOFT ASS MARC. YOU DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT BANGIN AND YOU SWEAR THAT NIGGAS WHO BANG IS HORRIBLE. BUY ALONSO'S MAP VISIT ONE OF THOSE HOODS AND ASK THEM THESE STUPIDASS QUESTIONS

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by Common Sense » October 3rd, 2004, 3:39 pm

CHRIS wrote:HOW THE FUC DO YOU KNOW THAT? YOU SOFT ASS MARC. YOU DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT BANGIN AND YOU SWEAR THAT NIGGAS WHO BANG IS HORRIBLE. BUY ALONSO'S MAP VISIT ONE OF THOSE HOODS AND ASK THEM THESE STUPIDASS QUESTIONS


I know more than you, and I also know that you don't do a damn for your hood or your people. I bet you are part of the problem. You think your hard, you don't know the first thing about hard. Your just a wannabe looking for pseudo respect. That's right ...get mad...cause you can't do nothing else.


Who needs to buy a map, I know the hood better than you.

You wanna get all emo. That's the sign of a mark.

CHRIS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 578
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 11:40 pm
Location: SAN PEDRO GANGSTERS
Contact:

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by CHRIS » October 3rd, 2004, 3:52 pm

NIGGA PLEASE. I DO ALOT FOR MY HOOD AND THE PEOPLE IN IT. I BE HELPIN THE YOUNG ONES SOMTIMES WHEN IM JUST POSTIN AND I SEE THEM WALKIN TO SCHOOL OR SOMETHIN. WHEN SOMEONE FUCS AROUND WITH THE OLD PEOPLE IN THE HOOD, I DONT GO WITH THAT. WHO TOLD YOU NOONE HERE DOES ANYTHING FOR THEIR HOOD. YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by Common Sense » October 3rd, 2004, 3:57 pm

CHRIS wrote:NIGGA PLEASE. I DO ALOT FOR MY HOOD AND THE PEOPLE IN IT. I BE HELPIN THE YOUNG ONES SOMTIMES WHEN IM JUST POSTIN AND I SEE THEM WALKIN TO SCHOOL OR SOMETHIN. WHEN SOMEONE FUCS AROUND WITH THE OLD PEOPLE IN THE HOOD, I DONT GO WITH THAT. WHO TOLD YOU NOONE HERE DOES ANYTHING FOR THEIR HOOD. YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.


Cool Chris...I'm glad to hear that. You are offically exempt....LOL.

Anonymous20

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by Anonymous20 » October 3rd, 2004, 4:20 pm

Chris do you realize how Stupid you sound? You really do love that stuff don't, seeing niggaz dead in the streets gives you woody don't, Pathetic, and before you start poppin of with,"you don't know nothing abouth the streets", BullSh*t, yes i do FOOL! I was out on the streets, probably when you were still playing with your little power rangers, so you can miss me with that hoe Sh*t!, the bottom line, is the you are a gang bang goupie, a dick rider, that just wants to see niggas dead. Your'e an immature little prick, that needs to grow up, before your attitude gets you Deep Sixed out there on them streets you love so much

User avatar
PAPI CHULO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 207
Joined: September 12th, 2004, 12:49 am
Location: 661 Bakers,California
Contact:

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by PAPI CHULO » October 3rd, 2004, 4:46 pm

well y dont yall stop fightin on the computer get off your asses and go do somethin for your hood

CHRIS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 578
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 11:40 pm
Location: SAN PEDRO GANGSTERS
Contact:

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by CHRIS » October 3rd, 2004, 5:09 pm

anurwarizra wrote:Chris do you realize how Stupid you sound? You really do love that stuff don't, seeing niggaz dead in the streets gives you woody don't, Pathetic, and before you start poppin of with,"you don't know nothing abouth the streets", BullSh*t, yes i do FOOL! I was out on the streets, probably when you were still playing with your little power rangers, so you can miss me with that hoe Sh*t!, the bottom line, is the you are a gang bang goupie, a dick rider, that just wants to see niggas dead. Your'e an immature little prick, that needs to grow up, before your attitude gets you Deep Sixed out there on them streets you love so much


NIGGA WHO THE FUC ARE YOU. I DONT NEED TO PROVE MY HOOD CREDENTIALS TO NO ONE ON THE NET. IM HERE TO READ AND BE ENTERTAINED BY BULLSHI.T AND POST ALSO. SO WHY DONT YOU MISS ME WITH THAT.

AND NO NIGGA I DONT LIKE KNOWIN THE FACT THAT NIGGAS IS WINDIN UP DEAD HERE AND THERE. IF ANYTHING WHAT OL BOY WAS SAYIN WAS COOL. I MEAN ON THAT OTHER THREAD. BUT THAT NIGGA WAS A KNOWN WHITEBOY LIVIN IN INDIANA, FAKIN THE FUNK, THOUGHT HE WAS A REAL BLOOD KILLA, THAT NIGGA WAS AS FRAUDULENT AS A FRAUD GETS. SO HE GOT A BAD REPLY TO HIS DUMBASS. BY THE WAY WHY YOU FOLLOWIN UP ON ME? IF MOST OLDER NIGGAS FROM DIFFERENT HOODS HAD THAT KIND OF MENTALITY, GANGBANGIN WOULDNT EVEN BE ALIVE ANYMORE. WHAT YOU GONNA DO? HUG YOUR ENEMY? NIGGAS WANT PEACE ALL THE TIME. IF HOODS GOT THAT COMMAND (SUCH AS WHAT THAT FAG POSTED), YOU WOULD HAVE BLOODS ALL UP AND AROUND A CRIPS HOOD AND LIKEWISE. SHIT NIGGAS MIGHT AS WELL STOP BEIN BLOODS AND CRIPS AND BE JUST ONE BIG ASS HOOD....

Anonymous20

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by Anonymous20 » October 3rd, 2004, 5:15 pm

Maybe it should be like that chris, because if you look at now?, where is it all headed?, what IS the point?, Crips are the biggest Killer of Crips, bloods are starting to join to the intergang warfare as well. Let alone the GD's, ans the People Nations all having internal rivialies and murders. It defeats the purpose of why gangs even came into existence it our modern times, it proves one thing to me, is that there has to be a change, and yeas, i think there are key indidviduals out there who could make that happen on BOTH sides, but for the 10 or 20 who want to see the drama end, you got 200 others who don't give a F--K.

User avatar
J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 897
Joined: July 31st, 2004, 2:29 am
Location: Compton

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by J-DUB » October 3rd, 2004, 6:15 pm

CHRIS wrote:HOW THE FUC DO YOU KNOW THAT? YOU SOFT ASS MARC. YOU DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT BANGIN AND YOU SWEAR THAT NIGGAS WHO BANG IS HORRIBLE. BUY ALONSO'S MAP VISIT ONE OF THOSE HOODS AND ASK THEM THESE STUPIDASS QUESTIONS


DAMN CHRIS I DIDNT KNOW U HAD IT IN U LOL. BUT I AGREE with U

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by Common Sense » October 3rd, 2004, 8:53 pm

anurwarizra wrote: that needs to grow up, before your attitude gets you Deep Sixed out there on them streets you love so much


and that's my point, and that's what some of these misguided young fools don't see.

Everybody want's to be hard, but you can't be hard while your gasping for your last breath.

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by Common Sense » October 3rd, 2004, 9:01 pm

CHRIS wrote: IF MOST OLDER NIGGAS FROM DIFFERENT HOODS HAD THAT KIND OF MENTALITY, GANGBANGIN WOULDNT EVEN BE ALIVE ANYMORE. WHAT YOU GONNA DO? HUG YOUR ENEMY? NIGGAS WANT PEACE ALL THE TIME.....


Now this is real talk.

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by Common Sense » October 3rd, 2004, 9:06 pm

PAPI CHULO wrote:well y dont yall stop fightin on the computer get off your asses and go do somethin for your hood


Easier said than done. The bottom line is alot of young G's done give a damn for their hood, for their neighbors, or for themselves. They just want to get a little fame or respect off the backs of other people through weak arse intimidation.

It easier not to do NOTHING.

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by Common Sense » October 3rd, 2004, 9:18 pm

How I Help My Hood And People.

1. For one thing, I keep my space proper. My neighbors don't have to worry about me living like a damn pig.

2. I resepct my neighbors and their property.

3. I try to be a positive example for the little one's near and around me.

4. I encourage the young one's that all things are possible regardless what anyone say's or how disadvantaged their backgrounds may be.

5. If any othe old people need a little assistance...they go it. Most of the time they don't request it, but if they know they are in a jam, they got a little love coming from my way.

6. I'm no Martin Luther King, but I try not to add to the already serious problem of GENOCIDE.

That's my contribution.

CHRIS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 578
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 11:40 pm
Location: SAN PEDRO GANGSTERS
Contact:

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by CHRIS » October 3rd, 2004, 9:51 pm

YOU BANG?

User avatar
PAPI CHULO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 207
Joined: September 12th, 2004, 12:49 am
Location: 661 Bakers,California
Contact:

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by PAPI CHULO » October 3rd, 2004, 10:20 pm

yea Common Sense u dont even sound like a banger lol

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by Common Sense » October 3rd, 2004, 11:34 pm

PAPI CHULO wrote:yea Common Sense u dont even sound like a banger lol


There's no benefits............. No health insurance. No Life insurance. No Dental plan. No sick time. No 401K plan. No hourly or consistant salary and No employee parking.


So the answer is NO.

cbi562
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 456
Joined: June 24th, 2004, 8:23 pm
Location: Where Sognohc Die!

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by cbi562 » October 4th, 2004, 1:17 am

X
Last edited by cbi562 on October 4th, 2004, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 897
Joined: July 31st, 2004, 2:29 am
Location: Compton

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by J-DUB » October 4th, 2004, 4:14 am

cbi562 wrote:You know how much money and time I spent for lil crooks who wanna make it big. Long Beach is known for sellin lots of crack and being broke. When these niggas see the opportunity I give them to specialize in a different field - they be like whoa I can get enough money to move to the rich part of town. I also help fund couple of cats to get their demos out.


AINT U ABOUT A BIT*H. NIGGA IF U GOTTA LIKE THAT U PUSHIN MAJOR WEIGHT, WHY U ON A INTERNET SITE WORRIED ABOUT WHAT US "WORKIN BLUE COLLARED" PEOPLE IS DOIN? NIGGA U AINT SH*T. SOMEONE LOOKIN TO INCREASE HIS STREET KNOWLEDGE AND TRY TO MAKE HIM SELF SOUND GOOD, PLEASE MISS ME with THAT BULLSH*T. KOME ON DOWN TO FOOT LOCKER CBI (CORNY azz BIT*H who is INSECURE), ILL GET U A JOB HOE.

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by Common Sense » October 4th, 2004, 9:08 am

cbi562 wrote:You know how much money and time I spent for lil crooks who wanna make it big..

No I don't. How much money and time?



cbi562 wrote:When these niggas see the opportunity I give them to specialize in a different field - they be like whoa I can get enough money to move to the rich part of town. I also help fund couple of cats to get their demos out.

So what do you do to give young homies a chance to come up?

cbi562
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 456
Joined: June 24th, 2004, 8:23 pm
Location: Where Sognohc Die!

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by cbi562 » October 4th, 2004, 12:30 pm

X
Last edited by cbi562 on October 4th, 2004, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous20

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by Anonymous20 » October 4th, 2004, 1:02 pm

I do as much as i can for my people that are still out there in the struggle, i personally, have taken people to job interviews, i take part in ANY inner city programs i can, i have a relative of a friend with me right now in Houston, who is from LA, he was gettin a little to deep out there in those streets, and my friend asked me to pull him out, and i did, to show him, that there is other things out there besides Crenshaw mafia, i showed him this website as well, he gets a kick out of it, but yes i do my part, i'll never turn my back on my people or the struggle, but that doesn't mean, i think all that BullSh*t is cool either, i was out there as well, caught son shells as a youngster for my trouble, and for waht?, for nothing!

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by Common Sense » October 4th, 2004, 1:45 pm

cbi562 wrote:Before that I was not givin a fucc about anybody except my family and me. :

Which is most people minus the family.

cbi562 wrote:I give the homies the opportunity to be magicians at makin money.

That's cool cbi. If you only gave one homie assistance. That's cool, especially the type of assistance for homes to help himself.

What's that o'l saying. I'm not sure if I have it right.

"I won't give you a fish, but I'll teach you how to fish" Well something like that. Same concept.

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by Common Sense » October 4th, 2004, 2:06 pm

I have to say, you are all helping your hoods and your people by posting your war stories and experiences here.

We are all mini representatives of our people and neighborhoods. Your actions as a stand up person speaks volumes to others. When other people interact with you, they can see that not all are fools. Your existance gives other people hope.

Society at large expects people of color to be the fool and the bafoon. They expect you to piss, sh*t, and spit where you sleep. That's why most people are not surprised or do they give a damn, if we are out there jacking, killing and stealing. They don't expect anything less, and neither do the knucleheads on the block.

Now if you can read, write, and get your message across to others, and can determine what's right from wrong and take appropriate action, you are considered a rare breed. The knuckleheads consider you a uncle tom.

Your not supoosed to do the right thing. Your supposed to be out in the street shooting and killing, tripping, destroying yourself, and acting like a damn fool just like your daddy and his daddy.

Anonymous20

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by Anonymous20 » October 4th, 2004, 3:41 pm

We have to learn, that there are other things outside this world of death and drama. There is no exuse today for now at least trying, there are too many outlets, too many doors, you just have to find the right one, that is, if you want to, because alot of niggas out there just don't have the patince for it, but you right Common, the ,"Other People", don't expect anything less from us, and sadly, neither do we, and that's a damn shame, i just wish more of us could see that

User avatar
J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 897
Joined: July 31st, 2004, 2:29 am
Location: Compton

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by J-DUB » October 4th, 2004, 4:34 pm

cbi562 wrote:J-DUBB - Quit with that BS heated posts man. That shit is gettin real tiring already. How do you automatically say I slang drugs? Bitch you need to calm yo ass down and provide proof. You never back anythang up with nothin - you just get your groupies to chant you on.
Common Sense - I dont want to get into any specifics, but money wise alot like maybe over 150 large. It was worth it cos at the end you get much more in return. I say time wise it would be like three years and all. Before that I was not givin a fucc about anybody except my family and me. I give the homies the opportunity to be magicians at makin money. :wink:


LOL BIT*CH U FUNNY, U GOT 3 OF YOUR DICK RIDIN' GROUPIES JUMPIN ON ME, CHEERIN U ON. THIS IS GETTIN OLD B'KAUSE U GETTIN OLD. U TIRED AND WACK NIGGA.

over it
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 91
Joined: August 4th, 2004, 4:31 am
Location: LA

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by over it » October 4th, 2004, 6:38 pm

Common Sense wrote:How I Help My Hood And People.

1. For one thing, I keep my space proper. My neighbors don't have to worry about me living like a damn pig.

2. I resepct my neighbors and their property.

3. I try to be a positive example for the little one's near and around me.

4. I encourage the young one's that all things are possible regardless what anyone say's or how disadvantaged their backgrounds may be.

5. If any othe old people need a little assistance...they go it. Most of the time they don't request it, but if they know they are in a jam, they got a little love coming from my way.

6. I'm no Martin Luther King, but I try not to add to the already serious problem of GENOCIDE.

That's my contribution.


that is the most the dumb shit i ever heard. u keep ya space klean? who wants to be dirty anyway, thats not helping. u repsect ya neighbors? so what, thats not helpin shit. u help the elderly? and lil kids? ok good shit, but how is that really helpin your kommunity? its not. so really u not doin shit to help your area either?

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: What Have YOU Done To Help Your Hood Or your People?

Unread post by Common Sense » October 4th, 2004, 8:08 pm

over it wrote:
Common Sense wrote:How I Help My Hood And People.

1. For one thing, I keep my space proper. My neighbors don't have to worry about me living like a damn pig.

2. I resepct my neighbors and their property.

3. I try to be a positive example for the little one's near and around me.

4. I encourage the young one's that all things are possible regardless what anyone say's or how disadvantaged their backgrounds may be.

5. If any othe old people need a little assistance...they go it. Most of the time they don't request it, but if they know they are in a jam, they got a little love coming from my way.

6. I'm no Martin Luther King, but I try not to add to the already serious problem of GENOCIDE.

That's my contribution.


over it wrote:that is the most the dumb shit i ever heard.?

Of course it is. You haven't heard much. That why.

over it wrote:u keep ya space klean? who wants to be dirty anyway, thats not helping.

If everyone keeps their little space clean, then the neighborhood is clean. So that is helping.

over it wrote:u repsect ya neighbors? so what, thats not helpin shit.

If you don't understand this question, then you don't understand respect your neighbors. That is a big one that's lost in the community. Go ask some of your elders what that means, they will tell you.

over it wrote:u help the elderly? and lil kids? ok good shit, but how is that really helpin your kommunity? its not. so really u not doin shit to help your area either?

The contrary. Anytime that you are being positive in your community, it's helping. No form of help is too small. Just being a positive man or woman for young kids to look up to is helping. When people feel good about where they live and the people that live near them...it's a good thing. If you are not adding to the destruction ..it's a good thing. It all helps.

Over it: Maybe you should consider being a positive influence in your neighborhood? The street warrior mentality is played out. Don't get lefted behind.

Post Reply

Return to “Prevention, Intervention, Education and Awareness”