MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by GTS » May 5th, 2005, 10:20 am

That's weird to me, how dank affects everyone different. It's not a good thing but I've been puffin too much for about 10 yrs and never had an experience like that or I wouldn't of done it again either. It levels me out and I feel more relaxed after hittin a blunt of some purple. But do you just get paranoid when you hit it or what. That's why I never fucced with shrooms or acid because of the weird trips people be talkin bout. The yayo might be fun for a while but that shit is way worse for you then dank.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » May 5th, 2005, 10:42 am

Nah I would get pnoid just a little. But this shit happened when I wasn't even faded, just smoking on the regular. Straight up I'm trying to go to sleep, and I hear loud and clear "Twwooooo" or "Tuuuuuuu" I don't which one it was but it was a female voice and I was wide awake.
And shrooms can be buckwild but hey when the trip ends it ends. This shit happened before any of that.

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » May 5th, 2005, 11:02 am

Damn you live in a possessed house homie. I probably would never smoke again if that shitt happened to me.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » May 5th, 2005, 2:04 pm

LOL Word I had to give it a rest. Plus I honestly think for other reasons that some shit I smoked in the hood way back when I was a lot younger was laced. But Not everybody is affected negatively by trees.

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » May 5th, 2005, 2:18 pm

You right, my boy don't smoke too often but he'll hit it once in a while but he used to hear voices and get freaked out all the time, but he use to pop e pills and the yay with no problem, so everyones different.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » May 5th, 2005, 2:24 pm

Yeah can't say I got any kind of problems with any other types of drugs. I used to shroom a griiiiip and I'm good. Never really got too much of a effect off e though whenever I did it, but that's just me. Shit will eat your brain up though.

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » May 5th, 2005, 2:32 pm

I popped E like 3 times and thought it was coo but I ain't tryin to fry my brain anymore then it already is, I might toot that white girl on a full moon but that's it besides dank. Bear you guys smoke that bammer out there, or do you guys get good stuff?

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » May 5th, 2005, 2:42 pm

Yeah homie, basically it's Jamaicans out here that will give you alotta trees for ridiiiculously cheap. Like sixty a zip, right. When I first got here my partnas was smoking dirt dirt dirt ass weed. Seeds, stems, brown and brittle. disgusting filthy weed. They moved up to the haze or to this mid-grade shit Arizona, that's definitely good. You would be surprised but if you knew people you could also get good buds that was comparable to the top shit out West, you know shit with designer names but it cost a grip though.

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » May 5th, 2005, 3:14 pm

Just like anywhere you gotta know the right people.

PREACH
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PREACH » July 14th, 2005, 1:34 am

yall taste that hawaiian bud?

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » July 14th, 2005, 8:32 am

Smoked that Maui Waui a while back.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » July 16th, 2005, 9:25 am

lonewolf wrote:What is the downside for legal casual use, not just for medicinal purpose.
Would it lead to addiction ?
Would it lead to other drug use ?
Would it create a problem at work ?
Would it set free P.D. to go after more serious and violent crime ?
Would it conflict with the moral fabric of society ?
Would it enhance freedom by being real about it ?
Would it be then taxed like beer and cigarettes ?
What would be the legal age limit for consumption 18 or 21 ?
Would you be allowed to grow it in your house or only in a business ?
Why would you prefer the status quo ?
In all honesty, I think it is no more dangerous than beer.

There should be DUI charges if you drive high
21 should be the legal age baceause its not ciggarettes, it will intoxicate you.
It wont cause a problem for work, you cant go into work drunk, so you cant go high.
It would most likely be taxed. whether we like it or not.
As far as the moral fabric of our society, its not here anymore.
We have people robbing the elderly, there 3 rape storys a night on the news followed by a handfull of murders and robberies.
Corporate America will do anything to make a buck,
Our moral fabric is torn. I dont think this will do any worse.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » July 16th, 2005, 11:16 am

What is the downside for legal casual use, not just for medicinal purpose.

Would it lead to addiction? Sure it does. I've met lots of guys all the way up into their fifties that have smoked it almost daily their entire lives and still claim they aren't addicted. They can't stop no way. They are completely deluded. Lot's of people are addicted to weed and almost all of them claim they aren't. It comes with the territory.

Would it lead to other drug use? Not necessarily. There is some evidence to show it is a gateway drug but most people that smoke marijuana do not go on to be hard core drug addicts. Some do but most don't.

Would it create a problem at work? Depends on the job. If you are paid to lick stamps and put them on envelopes; probably not. However, if you have real responsibility and have to produce daily you can't be fading on the job or showing up burnt out with that pot 10,000 yard stare and all the immature BS that goes along with being a potaholic. Also there is a danger for people in industries like heavy construction where if they make a mistake they can wipe out some people. A lot of this applies to alcohol abuse as well.

Would it set free P.D. to go after more serious and violent crime? I hope so. They can continue going after all those peds for one thing. Seriously, locking people up for pot smoking creates a lot more problems than it reportedly solves in my opinion; however, anti-drug education, rehabilitative efforts are worth the effort. The message that you can better achieve any positive dreams that you might have without drugs and alcohol should go out there and stay out there. I think if the culture just looked down on it as something losers and there were plenty of resources to help those that want to stop doing drugs and alcohol that would be best.

Would it conflict with the moral fabric of society? It already does. I walk around the burbs and see glazed out teenagers and young people everywhere I go. They don't understand the consequences and what they are missing out on by spending their time, money, and the essence of who they could be by choosing that lifestyle.

Would it enhance freedom by being real about it? Pot heads have given up a lot of freedom and who they are to be pot heads.

Would it be then taxed like beer and cigarettes? You are talking about legalizing pot. Holland created a small area and made certain things legal there (though they cost real money which everyone forgets). They then made it very illegal with harsh penalties to do those things outside that area. This strategy seems to have worked for them to some extent.

What would be the legal age limit for consumption 18 or 21? Guy, if you're talking about making pot as easy to get as cigs you are crazy. I am against that. Not good for America. Don't get my blood up. I'm a Christian man today. But seriously, if it was structured like Holland, as stated above, then I would say 21 of course. and I have what I believe are good reasons for saying 21.

Would you be allowed to grow it in your house or only in a business? As in Holland, someone looking to get into the business would be restricted to the red light area shops and would have to get a license to grow and sell it from the government and it would be taxed.

Why would you prefer the status quo? I don't. I think putting young men and women in jail and prison because they copped over an ounce for their friends to smoke is stupid in light of there exists no state controlled district where they can have that out if they are going to make that unhealthy decision. It creates more problems for them and society than it solves. I would prefer they just grew up and left childish things behind and didn't go around being pot heads. I did it a long time ago and so can they.

dkey
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by dkey » August 15th, 2005, 7:07 am

legalize it!! its not that bad

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » August 15th, 2005, 7:12 am

i'm against it, my brother smokes weed every day and he's gettin dumber by the hour...

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » August 15th, 2005, 9:36 am

I've been off the 'erb for two months after many years chuffin' 'n puffin' and I feel better for it. I was THC sturated, all my cells full to the brim! I have had the odd pull since then at party time and 'cos its out of my system now, I get the full buzz. But I dont want to go back to being an every day chronic ganja man - I mean I could chuff half/ounce of skunk without blinking each week - used to put mans in comas when friends popped over to say hello! Nah, its the better part being straight most of the time (bar party time still). And I still advocate legalization. Take the game out of the game, get me. Take ganja out of the hands of folk who also deal with coke and crime which hurts our neighbourhoods and just make it legal business, 'cos the war on drugs failed years ago.