MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4115
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 5th, 2004, 8:40 pm

What is the downside for legal casual use, not just for medicinal purpose.
Would it lead to addiction ?
Would it lead to other drug use ?
Would it create a problem at work ?
Would it set free P.D. to go after more serious and violent crime ?
Would it conflict with the moral fabric of society ?
Would it enhance freedom by being real about it ?
Would it be then taxed like beer and cigarettes ?
What would be the legal age limit for consumption 18 or 21 ?
Would you be allowed to grow it in your house or only in a business ?
Why would you prefer the status quo ?

User avatar
fistfullofboomstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 892
Joined: May 17th, 2004, 7:28 pm
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by fistfullofboomstick » October 5th, 2004, 8:42 pm

in my opinion a lot of younger ppl only smoke weed for the thrill of being caught, in canada it is partially legalized but i guess well see if the number of users go down i think it should be legalized

CHRIS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 578
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 11:40 pm
Location: SAN PEDRO GANGSTERS
Contact:

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by CHRIS » October 5th, 2004, 9:08 pm

THAT SHOULD BE LEGALIZED AND SO SHOULD YERM
A NIGGA NEED SOMETHIN TO KIC BAC WITH

User avatar
J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 897
Joined: July 31st, 2004, 2:29 am
Location: Compton

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by J-DUB » October 5th, 2004, 9:34 pm

I DONT SMOKE WEED, BUT I SAY LEGALIZE IT ANYWAY. THEY NEVER GONNA STOP IT.

Anonymous20

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by Anonymous20 » October 5th, 2004, 11:11 pm

legaliiiiize it, its already halfway there

User avatar
J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 897
Joined: July 31st, 2004, 2:29 am
Location: Compton

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by J-DUB » October 6th, 2004, 1:43 am

RIGHT, BUT HALF AINT EXAKTLY ALL THE WAY.

User avatar
Amsterdam
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 66
Joined: April 16th, 2004, 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by Amsterdam » October 6th, 2004, 6:43 am

I'm kinda mixed. I want them 2 legalize it because i don't like the deamonazastion of it. I think that leads 2 more use and nonsense drug arrest and warrants. But then i hate 4 it 2 be taxed and regulated. I think that would greatly decrease the potency and raise the already ridicously high price.

User avatar
PAPI CHULO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 207
Joined: September 12th, 2004, 12:49 am
Location: 661 Bakers,California
Contact:

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by PAPI CHULO » October 6th, 2004, 4:35 pm

in a way it would be good to legalize it because half the mutha fucken jails would be empty


the bad thing is it just another way for the goverment to get rich off us killing ourselves
just like they do with cig's and alchol
and lotz of more people would be doin it with all the advertising on T.V. and shit once mary jane became commerical and shit


and lotz of other bad things to many to name

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4115
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 6th, 2004, 5:23 pm

Like the school bus driver transporting your young ones to school ?

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1322
Joined: January 19th, 2004, 10:31 am
Location: W/S Santa Ana

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by Panik » October 6th, 2004, 5:40 pm

there have been government studies that prove that there is no permanant damage done by it. There is short term memory loss, but this reverses as soon as the high is gone. It has no adverse health effects other than lung damage due to smoke, and even then, less damaging than tobacco. It has been proven that it is not addictive, and that it is not a gateway drug. All of this proved by the government. It should be legal, but just like alcohol, no smoking and driving. I wouldn't care if the school bus driver did smoke weed, as long as he didn't smoke weed before he got behind the wheel.

In my opinion all drugs should be legallized and taxed. If the government allowed the sale of even "hard" drugs, they could ensure the purity so as to cut back on overdoses. They could bring the prices WAY down, so that a crackhead can be a crackhead without breaking into your house to support the habit. And the taxes generated could be used for programs for people that want to quit. It would free up half of our prison space, nad the money spent to hold these people, it would free up more than half of the time of the police, who are constantly chasing after drug dealers, or trying to solve crimes related to drugs, none of which would exist anymore. And it has been shown in other countries that once a drug is legalized and the "criminal mystique" is gone, use actually drops. It is a win win situation. The only downside that keeops it from happening is the Police unions, military, prison unions, and government officials whose livelyhood depends on making drugs a crime. Coke, heroin, sherm, and speed were all legal once in this country, and not in the too distant past, and use drastically increased here when it was made illegal. Just like Prohibition did with alcohol. They made alcohol ilegal and the country was hit with a crimewave, and people actually comsumed MORE alcohol when it was ilegal than before or even today. And even if you are in denial of all these facts, you can at least see that in the "drug war", we are losing, and it is a fight that can never be won. You could kill every opium poppy and coca plant in the world, and shut down every meth lab, and people would just sniff paint and beer bong nyquil. We are just wasting lives and money down the drain trying to stop people from getting high.

Sheeklouchdblock
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 344
Joined: August 28th, 2003, 1:13 pm
Location: Born In West/Raised on East....

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by Sheeklouchdblock » October 9th, 2004, 3:28 pm

I donno If they ever gonna legalize weed or not, Im still gonna be smokin......

User avatar
Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1171
Joined: July 1st, 2004, 10:03 am

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by Kemosave » October 11th, 2004, 1:25 pm

You put the weed on the counter and people will use it like they use alcohol.

Oh and why would gangmembers want a cash source legalized?

Anonymous20

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by Anonymous20 » October 11th, 2004, 2:24 pm

^^thats true though, i was wondering the same thing


but i think even if it were legalized that 'illegal' weed would still have much more THC up in it and worth that price. but then again, it'd be less hard for you to grow it yourself also

FLUID
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 455
Joined: March 7th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: ROCKTOWN,IL

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by FLUID » October 11th, 2004, 6:35 pm

They are never gonna legalize weed in the US cause it's too many people against it. But if they did I believe that the weed would be more potent cause people could take their time and grow that shit right.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1322
Joined: January 19th, 2004, 10:31 am
Location: W/S Santa Ana

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by Panik » October 11th, 2004, 8:12 pm

Kemosave wrote:You put the weed on the counter and people will use it like they use alcohol.

Oh and why would gangmembers want a cash source legalized?

.

you know that's not true kemo, it has been proven time and time again taht substances are abused more when illegal than when the yare legal. Acohol too was abused much more when not on the shelves. Part of the reason people use the drugs is the "thrill" of doing illegal shi-. Plus, half of the fun is the whole process of getting it. If the government legalized it and taxed it. The cigarette companies could grow weed. They could afford to sell packs of chronic joints for under $20. The only reason it's expensive now is to put profits in the pockets of the 15 people that handled the sack before you get it. And yes, this is coming from an Ex-drug dealer. On probation right now for sales, but belive me, the shi- that I have seen drugs do to people is bad, but most of the problem would be solved by cheap, legal drugs of all kinds, regulated in quality and affordable. Young girls wouldn't haave to sell their ass for their next sack, guys wouldn't have to rob, steal, whatever for theirs. Drug dealing would be a thing of ther past, no more ballers in the hood corrupting everyone. A LOT LESS MONEY FOR GUNS ON THE STREET. And all the people rotting in prison just because they had a habit could go home. I would rather have someone on welfare sitting at home, costing $15,000 a year of my tax money, and just sit home all day smoking crack than to have him sitting in prison using up $40,000 of my tax money. It just makes sense all around.

User avatar
Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1171
Joined: July 1st, 2004, 10:03 am

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by Kemosave » October 12th, 2004, 2:10 pm

Got to disagree with you Panik. Give me your hard evidence and irrefutable statistics showing that when illegal substances are made legal and over the counter less people in society use them as a result. I'm waiting and prepared to review that data. Until irrefutable evidence can be garnered I will respectfully disagree. You put it on the counter and people will use it just like that. And therein lies the problem.

As for your argument about the "thrill" of getting them illegally I have to disagree as well when talking about John and Mary Straight. They would rather pick their weed up at the 7-11 then go through the dog and pony show they have to go through right now to get it. Dealing with bottom feeders, approaching gangmembers at night on a park bench or a drive through, etc.. really isn't their thing. Neither is getting their weed pinched and their money ripped off regularly. They are sheep with a habit.

As for whether or not pot should or should not be legal I'm not going there in this post except to say obviously people who have a medical need for it should be able to get a script for it in my humble opinion. How the government can tell a guy all crippled up in a wheelchair with MS he can't have pot to control his muscle spasms is beyond me.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1322
Joined: January 19th, 2004, 10:31 am
Location: W/S Santa Ana

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by Panik » October 13th, 2004, 6:33 am

Kemosave wrote:Got to disagree with you Panik. Give me your hard evidence and irrefutable statistics showing that when illegal substances are made legal and over the counter less people in society use them as a result. I'm waiting and prepared to review that data. Until irrefutable evidence can be garnered I will respectfully disagree. You put it on the counter and people will use it just like that. And therein lies the problem.

As for your argument about the "thrill" of getting them illegally I have to disagree as well when talking about John and Mary Straight. They would rather pick their weed up at the 7-11 then go through the dog and pony show they have to go through right now to get it. Dealing with bottom feeders, approaching gangmembers at night on a park bench or a drive through, etc.. really isn't their thing. Neither is getting their weed pinched and their money ripped off regularly. They are sheep with a habit.

As for whether or not pot should or should not be legal I'm not going there in this post except to say obviously people who have a medical need for it should be able to get a script for it in my humble opinion. How the government can tell a guy all crippled up in a wheelchair with MS he can't have pot to control his muscle spasms is beyond me.



the proof is the fact that Heroin, cocaine, and speed were all legal over the counter drugs before they werer made illegal. There are more people using these now than before, and when they were legal, they were CHEAP. So you didn't have anyone robbing, stealing, or killing for them. And are you saying that you don't think that people were drinking more during prohibition? I guess I can look for proof, but it is common knowlege. I've seen it written, and heard it said on hiroty hcannel type ganster stories, but I'll look for it if you want.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4115
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 13th, 2004, 6:48 pm

Since ancient times and in all societies some kinds of herbs and brews derived from natural grown plants have been used as not only medicinal but also relaxation, as well as for religious rites like the Native Americans with the peyote and Chinese with their opium smoking, down to the Incas with coca chewing, and of course lets not forget tobacco.
The problem is when we let the substance rule us by allowing ourselves to abuse it every fockin day and nite. As opposed to just for relaxation, we use it for everything and everywhere.
There's also the problem of chemistry playing more and more a role in drugs that are no longer natural but enhanced and highly destructive of your mind and body, as well as very addictive in relatively short usage.
I would have no problem with mota being legalized for use by adults just like cig's are permitted, but keep it out of work - don't tolerate being high on the job - and ban altogether in certain fields of jobs like bus drivers, even though I used to think that I drove better when I was high, then when I was smoke free :wink:
It would take a real sensible look to get over the hurdle on the mj issue, but if gays can marry, why can't I smoke one to relax after a stressful day at work, its bound to save a whole lot of $$$$ in enforcement for the wrong 'drug' and taxation of it would then add to the money's used to combat real problems.

User avatar
Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1171
Joined: July 1st, 2004, 10:03 am

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by Kemosave » October 14th, 2004, 2:16 pm

Panik wrote:
Kemosave wrote:Got to disagree with you Panik. Give me your hard evidence and irrefutable statistics showing that when illegal substances are made legal and over the counter less people in society use them as a result. I'm waiting and prepared to review that data. Until irrefutable evidence can be garnered I will respectfully disagree. You put it on the counter and people will use it just like that. And therein lies the problem.

As for your argument about the "thrill" of getting them illegally I have to disagree as well when talking about John and Mary Straight. They would rather pick their weed up at the 7-11 then go through the dog and pony show they have to go through right now to get it. Dealing with bottom feeders, approaching gangmembers at night on a park bench or a drive through, etc.. really isn't their thing. Neither is getting their weed pinched and their money ripped off regularly. They are sheep with a habit.

As for whether or not pot should or should not be legal I'm not going there in this post except to say obviously people who have a medical need for it should be able to get a script for it in my humble opinion. How the government can tell a guy all crippled up in a wheelchair with MS he can't have pot to control his muscle spasms is beyond me.



the proof is the fact that Heroin, cocaine, and speed were all legal over the counter drugs before they werer made illegal. There are more people using these now than before, and when they were legal, they were CHEAP. So you didn't have anyone robbing, stealing, or killing for them. And are you saying that you don't think that people were drinking more during prohibition? I guess I can look for proof, but it is common knowlege. I've seen it written, and heard it said on hiroty hcannel type ganster stories, but I'll look for it if you want.


Not nearly good enough. You have brought nothing but a personal assertion. I can speculate all day same as you are doing. If I did I would start discussing world populations then and now etc.. it's all BS. Bring some relevant facts are get off the soapbox that legalizing hard drugs is good for us. Peace out.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1322
Joined: January 19th, 2004, 10:31 am
Location: W/S Santa Ana

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by Panik » October 14th, 2004, 6:53 pm

I guess I will get some facts for you, but one I know for sure is that hard drugs are not legal, but not punished in Amsterdam. They also provide free clean needles. And they have a lower percentage of drug addicts than we do. Gimme a day or two to find the rest, I saw some info not too long ago on the History Channel they had a show on all the illegal drugs that are now legal. I will search their site for references.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1353
Joined: December 12th, 2003, 9:21 am
Location: East London Uk

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by Noog » October 15th, 2004, 9:29 am

Yeah man, legalize it. Simple as. Interesting threads too. I went to Amsterdam this year, first time in ten years and it was, well, good! Truth is though, after blazin every kind of herb from everry corner of the globe, like some kind of connoseur, I must admit I got kinda bored 'cos it was like 'well, now Ive blazed all this weed n I cant be bothered talking to any locals! Just sat there with my coffee n my spliff n watched the world go by! On second thoughts though....I clearly didnt suffer! Peace

User avatar
Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1171
Joined: July 1st, 2004, 10:03 am

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by Kemosave » October 15th, 2004, 2:02 pm

Panik wrote:I guess I will get some facts for you, but one I know for sure is that hard drugs are not legal, but not punished in Amsterdam. They also provide free clean needles. And they have a lower percentage of drug addicts than we do. Gimme a day or two to find the rest, I saw some info not too long ago on the History Channel they had a show on all the illegal drugs that are now legal. I will search their site for references.


Thank you Panik. I appreciate that. I'd like to see that argument and review it. Not just to "refute" it either but to actually understand that position as I don't see how making something as addictive as heroin and cocaine as available as a tootsie roll diminishes usage. Peace.

User avatar
Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1171
Joined: July 1st, 2004, 10:03 am

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by Kemosave » October 15th, 2004, 2:03 pm

Noog wrote:Yeah man, legalize it. Simple as. Interesting threads too. I went to Amsterdam this year, first time in ten years and it was, well, good! Truth is though, after blazin every kind of herb from everry corner of the globe, like some kind of connoseur, I must admit I got kinda bored 'cos it was like 'well, now Ive blazed all this weed n I cant be bothered talking to any locals! Just sat there with my coffee n my spliff n watched the world go by! On second thoughts though....I clearly didnt suffer! Peace


Noog, you are out of it man. Peace out.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4115
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 15th, 2004, 2:22 pm

I'd say light it up and be happy :D

And bring back the hash too, LOL

GUNJA SMOKIN
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 257
Joined: July 7th, 2004, 5:19 pm

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by GUNJA SMOKIN » October 15th, 2004, 3:25 pm

2 words.....HELL YEH

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4115
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 15th, 2004, 7:07 pm

SMOKEM' IF YOU GOT 'EM :lol:

NO HAY NADA MALO CONMIGO HOY, QUE UN PAR DE TOQUES NO ALIVIE.

THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH ME TODAY, THAT A COUPLE OF JOINTS WONT CURE.

User avatar
JONES
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 237
Joined: October 11th, 2004, 5:10 pm
Location: TOLEDO OHIO

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by JONES » October 16th, 2004, 9:15 am

lonewolf wrote:What is the downside for legal casual use, not just for medicinal purpose.
Would it lead to addiction ?
Would it lead to other drug use ?
Would it create a problem at work ?
Would it set free P.D. to go after more serious and violent crime ?
Would it conflict with the moral fabric of society ?
Would it enhance freedom by being real about it ?
Would it be then taxed like beer and cigarettes ?
What would be the legal age limit for consumption 18 or 21 ?
Would you be allowed to grow it in your house or only in a business ?
Why would you prefer the status quo ?
SPELL CHECK MARIJUANA

Pomona Princess
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 29
Joined: October 6th, 2004, 1:20 pm

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by Pomona Princess » October 22nd, 2004, 10:02 pm

This is the one and only I say why not, there is really no way to stop the use so make it legal. And tell me of some one who hasen't done it. Not do it because everyone does but let it be.

User avatar
shaky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 58
Joined: February 11th, 2004, 8:37 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by shaky » October 25th, 2004, 3:51 pm

LEGALIZE IT FAZZISAL

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4115
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 25th, 2004, 6:50 pm

The way I look at it is simple, WHY TRIP ON MOTA, there is a whole lotta other real dangers out there legal and illegal (drugs wise) prescribed as well as undercover.
The whole world is "stressed out" and needs to chill, slow your ass down a bit, fock the rat race - it will never end, mellow out and have some laughs while you're at it, take the time to smell the roses and get to know your neighbors, quit trippin' on lil' cig's and go after the real chemicals.

User avatar
JONES
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 237
Joined: October 11th, 2004, 5:10 pm
Location: TOLEDO OHIO

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by JONES » October 26th, 2004, 11:51 am

IF FOR IT ALL THE WAY,BUT WHAT ABOUT OR KIDS. WELL KIDS ALLREADY GOT ENOUGH PROBLEMS.NOTHING A BLUNT OR TO CANT HANDEL. BUT IF WE ALL CAN SMOKE POT AS WE PLEASE ,WHAT WOULD IT BE LIKE. MURDER RATE WOULD GO DOWN ,DUDE SMOKES A JOINT TO EASE HIS NERVER FROM THE NAGGIN OLD LADY. AND THERE YOU HAVE IT.ONE LESS BEAT DOWN TO A LADY CAUSE DUDE WAS ABLE TO CALM HIS NERVES BY SMOKING POT. I KNOW THIS AINT RIGHT

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4115
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: MARIGUANA LEGALIZE IT ?

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 26th, 2004, 12:15 pm

A crime is a crime, I ain't defending none of that.
You already got people poppin' pills or takin' a drink to calm their nerves down or just to make it thru the day, wether it be tabacco or a snickers bar they're doing it. Everyone has to take responsibility for how they educate their young ones, and I'm not promoting that kids pick up pot smokin', but if they are going to smoke - then they must be of legal age and in compliance with the law as it is established, just like you must be of age to buy a beer. being of age doesn't permit you to break the law, quite the opposite - it holds you responsible for your acts when breaking the law.

Post Reply

Return to “Prevention, Intervention, Education and Awareness”