INTRODUCE YOURSELF

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Unread post by Lonewolf » August 1st, 2005, 7:03 pm

Intoduce yourselves people, who are you & what are you about?

Here I go, my story goes down like this without much elaborating.

Orale, good to have PEOPLE from all walks of life on SG.

~~~x MI RESPETO PARA TODOS USTEDES x~~~
~~~x MY RESPECTS TO ALL OF YOU HERE x~~~

Yo soy un vato (I’m a Homie) that left Los Angeles in 1999
after being raised there all my life, en los (in the) Varrios
~ DOG TOWN The Projects & RANCHO SAN PEDRO ~

I have been happily married for 18 years now, and
I have tres chilpayates (2) young men, (1) princess.
Todos bien educados, Bendito es el SEñOR.
(All well behaved, Blessed is the LORD)
Currently I live on both sides of La Tortillera (The Fence),
in San Ysidro and Tijuana, working at the Port of San Diego.

I have a very large familia from both sides of the fence,
and we are 4 generations oldies in Aztlan (The Southwest).
Originally we are from El Chuco (El Paso) & Juarez, Chihuahua.
We still have photos of some of our family standing with
Pancho Villa and his troops around big ollas of comida (pots
of food) and with their fusiles (rifles) in hands.

Unfortunaly my days in the Barrio warfare madness,
limited my education to H.S., however my love for mi jente
(my people), my passion for our culture, and my respect
for our values have burned within me since a young age.
Never have I forgotten where we originated from, and
what we struggle to achieve in this our land.

My interests are History (Mexican, Chicano, Barrio, and
World Revolutionary Figures), Theology and Christian
Religions, Combat Weapons - especially Aircraft.

Currently I'm working on writing a book on Chicano
Barrio Gangs History, dedicated not to glorify the
madness, but to inspire a back to the roots, in the
hope of understanding why they came to be in our
colonias, campos & barrios, and educating our
young ones still in the streets on the olden struggle.

I do beleive that they form an integral part of our
communities and we must reach out to them and
re-incorporate them into our family. We must not
allow for them to continue astray and be victimized
by society. In them is the key to victory, for if they
fail, then we have failed.

UNOS PARA TODOS Y TODOS PARA UNO.

ONE FOR ALL & ALL FOR ONE

Next...

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » August 1st, 2005, 8:43 pm

I am 19 years old and I grew up and currently live in Niagara Falls, New York.

My dad left when I was 2 and My mother, brother, sister and I were on welfare till I was about 5.

I am in college at Niagara County Community College studying Criminal Justice because I want to help the community that I grew up in.

I have one friend who went to prison for 3 years and another that was shot.

I do not want to go that route and I want to do something positive in my life.

My interests are lowriders, paintball, weight lifting and food.

Next...

Primetime
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Primetime » August 1st, 2005, 9:44 pm

I am 14 years old and I' m born and raised in Fresno, CA.

I lived in the same house all my life and I've watched my neighboorhood
deteriorate before my eyes. All the white peopel moved out and more mexican and black people started moving in. then crime and drugs went up.

I'm going to 9th grade next year in a dominatly white school in clovis.

I like to hang with my homies and occasionly do mischeavous crazy shit and one time we even made a huge fire in a deserted lot. I like to tag, I love graff and like crime movies.

Fresno is a dirty gang ridden boring city that nobody should live in. But I was born here and I'm proud of where I come from.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » August 3rd, 2005, 4:51 pm

Im 21 and was born in an industrial deprived conurbation in north east England. When i was young my dad went to prison for attempted murder and shortly after me and my mom moved down to London with my little sister.

It was a culture shock cos north east england is a very racist and very white and where i moved to in London was the heart of Harlesden (a predominantly Jamaican and African area). I was the only white male in my class when i started school there.

My Dad and Mom broke up when i was 8 but he was never around anyway. I have no recollection of him as a child and probably will never see him again, dont know where he is.

I was a pain in my moms ass, always in trouble, kicked out of school, trying all sorts of drugs. Caused her so much grief she was using anti-depressants etc... and yet she always treated me like a prince.

She eventually met my Stepdad who is like a drill sergeant, helped me to get myself together, helped me to see my potential. I managed to pass school and altho my grades were not so brilliant i am now studying at university (not the best but im still gonna get that degree).

i like my women, i like my alcohol (in a good way), im always in a club n boxing is the best sport.

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » August 11th, 2005, 11:30 pm

I am from Long Beach, CA. I was in to everything I should'nt have been as a teenager. I had my son in 1986, I was a month shy of 18yrs old and left his daddy a year later because he was using drugs and was beating the sh*t out of me. I was on my own to provide for my son and I and found I could make a grip of money real easy selling dope, which I did but it was'nt worth the outcome. In 1990 I was charged with 4 felonies and convicted on 2. I did my time and discharged my case in 1993. The fact that I had the felony conviction made it more difficult for me to provide for my son and I really had to work to do something with my life that overshadowed that. I got became a certified nursing assistant in 1997, which in the state of California you have to ask for criminal clearance if you have any convictions. I did and was granted clearance and that was like a major accomplishment for me. So.... up until last year I have worked with terminally ill AIDS and cancer patients. I burned out hard, its so draining emotionally and I felt like I had nothing left for my son or myself so I only am working with the elderly as a caregiver/helper PT right now. I also have been going to the community college PT for a little over a year now for my AA degree as a paralegal.

Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tyrant » August 12th, 2005, 1:20 am

I'm 15. I grew up in a housing project area in Seattle, Washington. Then when I was 12 my family moved to a suburb. I feel out of place here.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » August 12th, 2005, 1:50 am

I am 25 from Berlin/ Germany.
I was born and raised here. Even though it can get very annoying here with all my fellow Germans around its a nice place to be.

My father was an alcoholic but still managed to take care of me despite the the troublesome relationship he and my mother always had.
He has a big heart and is the person i look up to.
My mother is also a very caring person but she also has some serious personal issues.
I lost 3 friends (among them my best) in the last years due to car accidents and suicide.
Right now i am confident with my life and i am blessed with a few deep friendships i have with people from all around the world.

Right now i am getting my life together after not knowing where to head for a long time.
I am studying History and African Science and even though it is very interesting i applied for a new study at another University because of better job chances.

I also plan on travelling the whole world and if i can afford it study in France and Africa.
I am lucky to have a clear vision of how i want to end.

Boris
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Boris » August 12th, 2005, 8:02 am

Im 22 and was born in Wimbledon, London

Parents split when I was 5, saw my pops for a little while after but eventually stopped seeing him and havent for the last 16 years.

Lived with my old dear in Wimbledon for a little while and then moved to live with my grandmother in Gloucester where I lived til I was 19. Grew up in a mainly Asian/Indian part of the city, ended up gettin kicked out of school at 15 for shottin, had a few scrapes with the pigs, minor tings really. Ended up retaking GCSE's at college 2 years later.

Moved to St Pauls nearly 3 years ago, met my gyal last year and started working for a small property company in Templemeads.

My hobbies are Dj'ing, music, smokin, weights and films

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » August 12th, 2005, 8:16 am

Without going into too much detail:

I was born in Oakland, Ca, to a cuban father, and black creole woman from Louisiana. I've lived briefly in Las Vegas, but was mostly tossed back and forth between Oakland and L.A. in a big way, for many reasons I care not to get into.

I went to college, and obtained my Bachelor's, then joined the U.S. Army, where I was in it for four years. Well, I got out of the military, and ran into some trouble with the law, to where I was locked up for only one year and a half. Got out, and went back to school and just recently got my master's last year, and in January I'll be working on my doctorate.

This is a basic summary of who I am, and what I'm about.

PREACH
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PREACH » August 13th, 2005, 8:03 pm

IM 29 YRS. OLD I AM HALF GERMAN/HAWAIIAN POP'S LEFT WHEN I WAS 2. BORN IN LOS ANGELES ON SUNSET BLVD. RAISED EVERYWHERE. MAINLY IN WESTMINISTER AND GARDEN GROVE-STARTED BANGING WITH ROYAL SAMOAN POSSE CRIPS. WENT TO SCHOOL IN THE O.C. , HOLLYWOOD AND HAWAII. WHEN I WAS 15 I MOVED OUT TO CARSON - STOPPED CLAIMING CRIP AND STARTED KICKING IT WITH THE CARSON AND COMPTON RU'S. I NEVER BECAME A RU THOUGH.LATER MOVED TO GARDENA.WHEN I WAS 20 I MOVED OUT THE HOUSE AND CAME TO HAWAII. GOT MARRIED WHEN I WAS 22 AND HAD MY FIRST BABY. IN 2000 I MOVED BACK TO L.A. WITH MY FAM AND LIVED IN GARDENA AGAIN THEN WE GOT SOME PAPER AND MOVED OUT TO EL SEGUNDO HAD ANOTHER BABY. AND NOW IM BACK HERE IN HAWAII. STILL TRYING TO MAKE IT IN THE MUSIC BIZ.................

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » August 13th, 2005, 11:00 pm

You were right by my house, I am from Long Beach. Back a few years I knew alot of SOS, went to school with alot of them.

I have always wanted to go to Hawaii. Whats it like living over there? Is it like another world compared to being over here? I'm jealous.

PREACH
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PREACH » August 14th, 2005, 1:31 am

i was not from sos. i was from rsp crip. but it's all good.
hawaii is cool, people dont trip out here. oahu is where honolulu is. it's like a lil big city over there on one side of the island and real country "small town" on the other side. the island i live on is really country and small townish. the closest mall is 2 hours away. as well as night life and shoping.
hawaii is a cool place to visit but not to live.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » August 14th, 2005, 7:54 am

o.K. people ^ ^ ^ ^ back to "Introduce Yourself", if we would please gents?

PREACH
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PREACH » August 14th, 2005, 2:15 pm

just answering the lady's question homeboy !

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » August 14th, 2005, 2:38 pm

I hear you, it's all good my man. No dis' meant, had some ? about H5O myself.

I'M COOL ` like your posts ~ "NOT" lol... just messin' with U.

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » August 14th, 2005, 2:47 pm

i'll try to be short, cause i dont have much time right now...22 years old....6'3, 200 lbs, born in Sofia, Bulgaria...played basketball all my life, went to the USA to play college ball & work...travelled all around the US, saw a lotta shit...broke my kneecap 2 years ago, had to stop playing, had to come back to Bulgaria for a little bit to settle some family and legal issues....i've been in and out of the USA lately, i'm out of shape, havent played much basketball lately and i've been dealing with other stuff...that's why i didn't come to this website for a while (even though i was a moderator) , but now i'm back...thats about it

fartherwest
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fartherwest » August 14th, 2005, 6:42 pm

Im 17 from F/W ETG

Im in the hood on a daily but im tryna get myself to college and do somethin with myself

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » November 29th, 2005, 10:03 pm

Napp Bashin wrote:Im 17 from F/W ETG

Im in the hood on a daily but im tryna get myself to college and do somethin with myself

Oh you a youngsta I see, anyway, I hope you able to achieve the above goals you mentioned. You already taking that first step by knowing what you want to do...Keep striving to make that happen for you...

peace2dastreets
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by peace2dastreets » November 30th, 2005, 8:46 pm

Hey there. My name is Andre and i live in Toronto, Canada. I'm 18 years old and the single child in my family. My dad is French-Canadian, and my mom is Chinese. My life has been somewhat eventful, but to be honnest, its been pretty comfortable too. I'm studying at the University of Toronto now and i'm hopin on becoming a highschool teacher or police officer. When i was younger a lot of my friends started joining gangs (asian gangs) and i was tempted to join too. I don't kno if it was my family, my friends, my values or God or a combo of all that held me back, but i never ended up joining one. But i've seen the harm gang culture does. Recently i've been trying to do some outreach to younger kids still in highschool (or not). you can check out my page on an online community thats popular among azn youth in Toronto if u get a chance. http://www.zuup.com/peace2dastreets besides i plan on posting an edited version of my main message up here too eventually. Anyhow... nice meeting y'all and glad to see that so many people care about the young brothers out there.

peace2dastreets
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by peace2dastreets » November 30th, 2005, 8:54 pm

sorry... i kno this is the 2nd time i've double posted but i just wanna add... If ur gonna visit my page, please don't metion my name if u wanna comment anything or join or anything like that. Its cuz sometimes i talk to kids i kno personally but they don't kno its me. That way they talk more fankly. Take care guys.

Comatose
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Comatose » December 6th, 2005, 2:03 am

Born in Druid City Hospital in Alabama. Grew up with alcoholic/drug addict parents. My father worked construction so we moved a lot. Father also a well affected Vietnam Veteran. He had a semi-halucinatory/semi-abusive streak. We were ALWAYS broke. While living in the Green Elf Apts. in Hot Springs, AR we went 2 weeks without food because my parents didnt buy any. This brought about my first robbery (I couldnt stand to witness my sister crying because her stomach hurt from being hungry anymore, I was 11 and my sister 9). Sheer despair and frustration became my constant companions, and after a couple of years (by the age of 13) it became a rather perverse form of hatred that manifested itself when provoked by "bullies" in the form of seriously violent acts. This went generally unpunished as the victims of said violence always initiated conflicts with me (for whatever reason; I always seemed to attract bullies, quite likely due to my exceptionally introverted personality). Probably reached its peak when I beat a 17 year old kid into a coma with a 2x4 for being a tough guy and slapping my sister (who was 11 at the time). Acquired a name for it. Got quoted when I was 14 (2-4-95), West Side Insane Rollin' 60's Crips Gang, in Oklahoma City, Warr Acres. Was incarcerated at 17 for 2nd degree murder in Arkansas, and spent 5 1/2 years behind for it, despite the fact that I didnt commit the murder, the cops and judge knew it, and they already had and convicted the actual murderer (sentenced to 20 years under the 70% law for 1st degree murder). Was released March '04, and have been trying to get everything together since then. After Cing the way the homies operate inside, the way we were all bound together despite animosity between hoods (I had homies from ETGC and 74 Hoover Crips, never would have thought that possible), I have dedicated myself to trying to unite all Locs willing, and convincing them to abandon all those who are not.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » December 6th, 2005, 10:03 pm

Comatose wrote:
Born in Druid City Hospital in Alabama. Grew up with alcoholic/drug addict parents. My father worked construction so we moved a lot. Father also a well affected Vietnam Veteran. He had a semi-halucinatory/semi-abusive streak. We were ALWAYS broke. While living in the Green Elf Apts. in Hot Springs, AR we went 2 weeks without food because my parents didnt buy any. This brought about my first robbery (I couldnt stand to witness my sister crying because her stomach hurt from being hungry anymore, I was 11 and my sister 9). Sheer despair and frustration became my constant companions, and after a couple of years (by the age of 13) it became a rather perverse form of hatred that manifested itself when provoked by "bullies" in the form of seriously violent acts. This went generally unpunished as the victims of said violence always initiated conflicts with me (for whatever reason; I always seemed to attract bullies, quite likely due to my exceptionally introverted personality). Probably reached its peak when I beat a 17 year old kid into a coma with a 2x4 for being a tough guy and slapping my sister (who was 11 at the time). Acquired a name for it. Got quoted when I was 14 (2-4-95), West Side Insane Rollin' 60's Crips Gang, in Oklahoma City, Warr Acres. Was incarcerated at 17 for 2nd degree murder in Arkansas, and spent 5 1/2 years behind for it, despite the fact that I didnt commit the murder, the cops and judge knew it, and they already had and convicted the actual murderer (sentenced to 20 years under the 70% law for 1st degree murder). Was released March '04, and have been trying to get everything together since then. After Cing the way the homies operate inside, the way we were all bound together despite animosity between hoods (I had homies from ETGC and 74 Hoover Crips, never would have thought that possible), I have dedicated myself to trying to unite all Locs willing, and convincing them to abandon all those who are not.
Well from what you have shared....you are a very strong person.

Comatose
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Comatose » December 6th, 2005, 11:24 pm

Thanks that means a lot, seriously.

not_the_one, you are fuccin nuts. That was hysterical.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » December 6th, 2005, 11:46 pm

Comatose wrote:
Thanks that means a lot, seriously.

not_the_one, you are fuccin nuts. That was hysterical.
Well obviously you are. And I get the impression that you will continue to overcome adversity. Sorry to get off topic.