ROY JONES,MIKE TYSON WHO WILL WIN

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
XXTRA MANNISH
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

ROY JONES,MIKE TYSON WHO WILL WIN

Unread post by XXTRA MANNISH » February 7th, 2004, 8:04 pm

TYSON

Anonymous20

Re: ROY JONES,MIKE TYSON WHO WILL WIN

Unread post by Anonymous20 » February 7th, 2004, 8:13 pm

If Mike comes in at 220-225, focused and determined (unlikely) an attack to Roy Jones body should do the job for Mike because he will probably have difficulty trying to land one on his face. And this fight would have to take place now, Mike is 37 years and about done.

Roy can dance for 12 rounds, throw combinations making Mike look slow and sluggish and pull out a victory.

XXTRA MANNISH
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by XXTRA MANNISH » February 7th, 2004, 8:30 pm

I DONT THINK ROY COULD TAKE A TYSON BLOW TO THE FACE

deeznuttz
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by deeznuttz » February 8th, 2004, 1:03 am

I think Roy is way 2 smart for Tyson. If it was back in the day I would give Jones no chance. But now I don't Mike is mentally strong enough to beat Roy Jones.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » February 8th, 2004, 3:33 am

i'd have to go with RJJ cause he's too slick of a fighter. the only way tyson would win is if he caught RJJ with one. tyson cant handle frustration, look what happened with holifield. roy is so slick and fluid he'll frustrate tyson and when tyson gets frustrated he gets out of his game plan. RJJ will eat him up...

deeznuttz
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by deeznuttz » February 8th, 2004, 7:20 pm

i totally agree with that SR.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » February 8th, 2004, 9:02 pm

If Roy Jones goes back to the heavyweight dvision he will not only be the smartest fighter but the fastest. Tyson has not had a fight in over a year and is getting out of shape and losing a lot of his attributes, But Roy is not losing anything and is probally getting better, I think Roy jones can take Tyson but he cant knock Tyson out so his only way of wining is a anonymous disicion.

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » February 9th, 2004, 7:07 pm

if tyson could get 2 his face its lights out for roy. tyson

blkjopker
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by blkjopker » February 10th, 2004, 2:04 pm

Yeah tyson still got some power left and roy knows that, thats why roy will win. Roy will play tyson and make tyson think he could hit him, while tyson hunts for his head which is a no no, roy will counter with a flurry of combinations. It will go the distance but roy will come out the winner.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » February 10th, 2004, 4:40 pm

Tyson in the early days hands down. Today I'd want to pick Roy.

indyjrt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by indyjrt » February 10th, 2004, 7:48 pm

Sorry to say Tyson is over the hill. Back in 85-86 when we was younger he was a force to be dealt with now he is just to old. Secondly he that nice big TARGET tattooed on his face.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » February 10th, 2004, 11:41 pm

No matter who you think would win and no matter how over the hill Tyson gets, there is something about him that keeps us watching. Is it that maybe we want to see Roy beat him and we like to see Mike loose, or do we think that his "punchers chance" is exciting enough for us to watch him, even when he is 40?

XXTRA MANNISH
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by XXTRA MANNISH » February 11th, 2004, 10:16 am

MIKE TYSON IS EXCITING TO WATCH AND YOU CANT TAKE HIM LIGHTLY AS LONG AS HE CAN THROW A PUNCH AND YOU KNOW HE ABOUT THE DRAMA AND THATS WHAT THE PEOPLE WANNA SEE I DONT THINK PEOPLE WILL STOP WATCHING TYSON UNTILL HE CALLS IT QUITS.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » February 11th, 2004, 1:02 pm

Tyson=Tank Abbot in my book but neither are a butterbean.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » February 11th, 2004, 2:42 pm

Tyson will always be in the limelight, even though physically/mentally he might be gone. People expect too much from him though. Some want the young Tyson to come back and knock fools out. Some want the animalistic Tyson to come in and bite someones ears off. It's like reality television, people wanna see what he's going to do next. But is there a next time for him? He is getting old, but I heard he's the only "guaranteed" draw in the Heavyweight division. People come to check his fights out, regardless of his condition.

I think RJ would win hands down, he's a good runner. Only way Tyson would win is if he caught RJ on the ropes with a lucky shot.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » February 11th, 2004, 2:48 pm

as for a better fighter, obviously jones, and yeah he would dance his ass off. But, even roy gets hit, and that's all it would take. Once he got touched, he would get touched again. I think Roy would be lucky to be awake by the 5th.

Slim
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Slim » February 12th, 2004, 12:10 pm

One good shot from Tyson and Jones is gone. Did you see the Tarver fight. Jones can claim the weight loss was a factor, but.....he got his ass WHOMPED!!!!!!

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » February 17th, 2004, 4:29 pm

Slim wrote:One good shot from Tyson and Jones is gone. Did you see the Tarver fight. Jones can claim the weight loss was a factor, but.....he got his ass WHOMPED!!!!!!
Roy wasnt prepared for the tarver fight much but Tarver really didnt do much. See Tarver kept hitting Roys gloves most of the time and missing, he did land a few good punches but so did Roy. Landing punches on the gloves does not hurt and practically counts as a miss so Roy didnt get his ass "whomped".

Digital_Designs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Digital_Designs » March 10th, 2004, 3:57 am

Roys best chance would be to stick and move to frustrate Tyson.... Roy doesnt have the power to KO him so a decision would be his best bet. If Roy gets stupid and drops his hands (hes infamous for it) or tries to trade hes going to get knocked out of the ring and spend a few days in intensive care.....

Digital_Designs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Digital_Designs » March 10th, 2004, 3:59 am

wcrockets wrote:Tyson=Tank Abbot in my book but neither are a butterbean.
thats wrong man LOL... Tyson can still win fights.... Tank on the other hand isnt anything but a tomato can for UFC... did you see what Cabbage did to him? The only thing that should fear Tank is a keg of beer or a bottle of JD

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » March 10th, 2004, 10:09 am

Haha funny. Remember when Tank got beat down hard by Pedro in UFC Brazil? Ok then, I won't put those two in the same class anymore as far as being fit and ready to enter the ring but I will say they are both psycho. Lol..

Digital_Designs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Digital_Designs » March 11th, 2004, 12:34 am

Tank is a bum.... but he can still throw bombs and will take a head off in a heartbeat..I hope Ken rips his arm out of place at UFC48. But since his "comeback" Shammy has been trying to out slug ppl and thats against his natural style... and trading with Tank thats the last thing he should want to do.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 12th, 2004, 8:10 pm

Digital_Designs wrote:Roys best chance would be to stick and move to frustrate Tyson.... Roy doesnt have the power to KO him so a decision would be his best bet. If Roy gets stupid and drops his hands (hes infamous for it) or tries to trade hes going to get knocked out of the ring and spend a few days in intensive care.....

Yo Roy got a lot of power and enough to knock tyson ass out, I wont say now cause both or not in there prime, roy still got some left in him.

Digital_Designs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Digital_Designs » March 13th, 2004, 12:32 am

blkjoker wrote:
Digital_Designs wrote:Roys best chance would be to stick and move to frustrate Tyson.... Roy doesnt have the power to KO him so a decision would be his best bet. If Roy gets stupid and drops his hands (hes infamous for it) or tries to trade hes going to get knocked out of the ring and spend a few days in intensive care.....

Yo Roy got a lot of power and enough to knock tyson ass out, I wont say now cause both or not in there prime, roy still got some left in him.
Roy has power for a LHW... Tyson has been in the ring with men that are bigger stronger and faster than Jones and they couldnt put him down. Roy can try and slug with Tyson and it will be a VERY short fight...

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 13th, 2004, 11:19 am

Digital_Designs wrote:
blkjoker wrote:

Roy has power for a LHW... Tyson has been in the ring with men that are bigger stronger and faster than Jones and they couldnt put him down. Roy can try and slug with Tyson and it will be a VERY short fight...

Roy jones is the fastest boxer ever seen in boxing history thats a fact and the best pound 4 pound fighter check anybody list and roy is number one on every list. Not to say that he can beat all the heavy weights or tyson. The fastest heavy weight in boxing was muhammad ali and it was said the roy was faster then him. Roy jones is the only fighter who can stand 10 feet from a fighter and jump forward and hit him before he could move. All roy jones threw 4 left hooks to one fighter before he could move. So mike has not fought nobody fast as roy because there is no one faster in boxing before him and right now. Somebody may come along and be faster then roy. But i would agree that tyson fought more powerful fighters then roy. But lets no forget when roy cracked a dudes ribs in the ring and everybody heard it.

Digital_Designs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Digital_Designs » March 14th, 2004, 8:06 am

blkjoker wrote:
Digital_Designs wrote:
blkjoker wrote:

Roy jones is the fastest boxer ever seen in boxing history thats a fact and the best pound 4 pound fighter check anybody list and roy is number one on every list. Not to say that he can beat all the heavy weights or tyson. The fastest heavy weight in boxing was muhammad ali and it was said the roy was faster then him. Roy jones is the only fighter who can stand 10 feet from a fighter and jump forward and hit him before he could move. All roy jones threw 4 left hooks to one fighter before he could move. So mike has not fought nobody fast as roy because there is no one faster in boxing before him and right now. Somebody may come along and be faster then roy. But i would agree that tyson fought more powerful fighters then roy. But lets no forget when roy cracked a dudes ribs in the ring and everybody heard it.
what kind of testing has been done to prove he is the "fastest boxer seen in boxing history"? Im not disputing that he has the speed advantage, but I seriously dont think he has the power to put Tyson so sleep, especially if Tyson is focused.. (being broke as hell will put focus in him). Hopefully this fight is made so we can put an end to the speculation...

Tyson by KO in the 5thrd

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 14th, 2004, 11:59 am

Digital_Designs wrote:
blkjoker wrote:
Digital_Designs wrote:
blkjoker wrote:

what kind of testing has been done to prove he is the "fastest boxer seen in boxing history"? Im not disputing that he has the speed advantage, but I seriously dont think he has the power to put Tyson so sleep, especially if Tyson is focused.. (being broke as hell will put focus in him). Hopefully this fight is made so we can put an end to the speculation...

Tyson by KO in the 5thrd
Can you name one boxer who can stand 10 feet from a fighter and lunge and hit him before he could move? To tell the truth right now i dont think Roy can beat tyson. I would say if roy fight at the heavy weight a few times take on some fights. Then I think he would have the power to knock mike out. But I think roy is rushing it by trying to fight mike, and yes mike still has alot of power left and if he catches roy its over. But roy is a way smarter fighter in the ring then tyson. Tyson is just a slugger it will be another sonny liston, ali fight.

DreamerGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DreamerGirl » March 21st, 2004, 9:03 pm

The media wants people to believe that RJ should be able to handle Tyson, but when Tyson catches Roy Jones with a right "It's All Over".....
~DreamerGirl~

P.N. Hey stateraised2000, stop hating on Tyson

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 21st, 2004, 10:38 pm

I agree but Roy a smarter fighter in tyson, tyson can fall in roy trap, hunt for roy head and run into a flurry of combo's from roy. People dont think roy got power enough to knock out tyson guess again.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » March 22nd, 2004, 5:46 pm

DreamerGirl wrote:The media wants people to believe that RJ should be able to handle Tyson, but when Tyson catches Roy Jones with a right "It's All Over".....
~DreamerGirl~

^^ Lol.. a chick boxing expert.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » March 22nd, 2004, 6:32 pm

DreamerGirl wrote:The media wants people to believe that RJ should be able to handle Tyson, but when Tyson catches Roy Jones with a right "It's All Over".....
~DreamerGirl~

Ahhh, i think she got a crush on me...lol...

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » March 23rd, 2004, 10:02 am

Haha.. you're in a good mood.