De La Hoya vs. Mayweather .

Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Football, Golf, Rugby, Wrestling and any other sport.
WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 778
Joined: July 17th, 2003, 10:15 pm
Location: State Hoppin

Unread post by WIP » April 24th, 2007, 9:26 pm

im droppin 5 bills on Oscar, Floyd is -175 and Oscar +145. Not a bad underdog. I also been weighin in on that Cinco De Mayo aspect. Its gonna be a monster.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1193
Joined: November 20th, 2006, 7:11 pm
Country: Canada
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: 408

Unread post by ~J~ » April 24th, 2007, 9:48 pm

SAINTJAYMES wrote:what is so hard about it may 5th mexican dude fight national holiday i have said it upteen times you dont fight a mexican dude on may 5th fuc it fight may 4th or may 6th but never may 5th thats too much of an emotional edge not ta mention the spirit of an entire country manifested through 12ounce boxing gloves its just alot to over come
All of this junk about Mayweather owning De La Hoya as- either don't know much about boxing or is a Mayweather fanboy :roll: Mayweather has the wrong person training him. advance :arrow: Oscar-Freddie Roach. Oscar has fought the better, bigger fighters. advance :arrow: Oscar. Take nothing away from Mayweather the guy has got stamina & quickness. but, he's going into uncharted territory at this weight, he's going to lose speed at 154lbs. without a doubt Oscar will be him toughest opponent yet, where as this will not be Oscar toughest opponent ever fought. Mosley is the better opponent for Oscar at 154lbs any day of the week :!: Cinco de Mayo or not, it's Oscar fight to lose. anything can happen in any given fight, we will wait and see.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1240
Joined: January 21st, 2004, 6:20 pm
Location: LA
Contact:

Unread post by Past » April 24th, 2007, 10:59 pm

This fight is to unpredictable to say whos gonna win right now , Floyd also plans this to be his last fight.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 571
Joined: December 1st, 2005, 3:30 pm

Unread post by ManifestTruth » April 25th, 2007, 8:00 am

~J~ wrote:
SAINTJAYMES wrote:what is so hard about it may 5th mexican dude fight national holiday i have said it upteen times you dont fight a mexican dude on may 5th fuc it fight may 4th or may 6th but never may 5th thats too much of an emotional edge not ta mention the spirit of an entire country manifested through 12ounce boxing gloves its just alot to over come
All of this junk about Mayweather owning De La Hoya as- either don't know much about boxing or is a Mayweather fanboy :roll: Mayweather has the wrong person training him. advance :arrow: Oscar-Freddie Roach. Oscar has fought the better, bigger fighters. advance :arrow: Oscar. Take nothing away from Mayweather the guy has got stamina & quickness. but, he's going into uncharted territory at this weight, he's going to lose speed at 154lbs. without a doubt Oscar will be him toughest opponent yet, where as this will not be Oscar toughest opponent ever fought. Mosley is the better opponent for Oscar at 154lbs any day of the week :!: Cinco de Mayo or not, it's Oscar fight to lose. anything can happen in any given fight, we will wait and see.
Oscar is/was a great fighter but it's definitely not his fight to lose. Floyd is the younger, fresher guy and a significantly better all around technician. Oscar's only real chance is
to land his vaunted left hook(a punch Floyd seldomly or ever gets hit with). If Oscar is
to win this fight, he'll need to dominate the earlier rounds, get a sizeable lead on the
scorecards, and maybe KTFO Floyd as Floyd would have to take risks later in the fight.
If this doesnt occur, Floyd's superior conditioning, stamina, and punch variety will allow
him to "own"LH. Anyone remember Oscar vs Sweet Pea(Pernell Whitaker) some years back?

On another note, I'm more excited about Miguel Cotto v Zab Judah at The Garden,
June 9th(the nite before the PR Day Parade). A great matchup this is and very
dangerous fight for Miguel. I'll be eight rows from the ring...HOLLA

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1010
Joined: April 19th, 2005, 9:53 pm
Location: CORONA
Contact:

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » April 25th, 2007, 1:25 pm

news flash this just in DONT FIGHT A MEXICAN ON MAY 5

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1240
Joined: January 21st, 2004, 6:20 pm
Location: LA
Contact:

Unread post by Past » April 26th, 2007, 6:40 pm

ManifestTruth wrote:
~J~ wrote:
SAINTJAYMES wrote:what is so hard about it may 5th mexican dude fight national holiday i have said it upteen times you dont fight a mexican dude on may 5th fuc it fight may 4th or may 6th but never may 5th thats too much of an emotional edge not ta mention the spirit of an entire country manifested through 12ounce boxing gloves its just alot to over come
All of this junk about Mayweather owning De La Hoya as- either don't know much about boxing or is a Mayweather fanboy :roll: Mayweather has the wrong person training him. advance :arrow: Oscar-Freddie Roach. Oscar has fought the better, bigger fighters. advance :arrow: Oscar. Take nothing away from Mayweather the guy has got stamina & quickness. but, he's going into uncharted territory at this weight, he's going to lose speed at 154lbs. without a doubt Oscar will be him toughest opponent yet, where as this will not be Oscar toughest opponent ever fought. Mosley is the better opponent for Oscar at 154lbs any day of the week :!: Cinco de Mayo or not, it's Oscar fight to lose. anything can happen in any given fight, we will wait and see.
Oscar is/was a great fighter but it's definitely not his fight to lose. Floyd is the younger, fresher guy and a significantly better all around technician. Oscar's only real chance is
to land his vaunted left hook(a punch Floyd seldomly or ever gets hit with). If Oscar is
to win this fight, he'll need to dominate the earlier rounds, get a sizeable lead on the
scorecards, and maybe KTFO Floyd as Floyd would have to take risks later in the fight.
If this doesnt occur, Floyd's superior conditioning, stamina, and punch variety will allow
him to "own"LH. Anyone remember Oscar vs Sweet Pea(Pernell Whitaker) some years back?

On another note, I'm more excited about Miguel Cotto v Zab Judah at The Garden,
June 9th(the nite before the PR Day Parade). A great matchup this is and very
dangerous fight for Miguel. I'll be eight rows from the ring...HOLLA
Cotto will be exposed for being a average fighter.

rustone
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1268
Joined: December 9th, 2006, 11:37 am
Location: LOWBOTTEMZ
Contact:

Unread post by rustone » April 26th, 2007, 9:38 pm

I BET 5000 ON MAYWEATHER

50 BET 1 MILLION

MAYWEATHER WILL KNOCK HIS ASS OUT

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1240
Joined: January 21st, 2004, 6:20 pm
Location: LA
Contact:

Unread post by Past » April 26th, 2007, 9:40 pm

bspg wrote:I BET 5000 ON MAYWEATHER

50 BET 1 MILLION

MAYWEATHER WILL KNOCK HIS ASS OUT
I doubt anyone will be knocked out.

BlueCadillaC167
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 809
Joined: February 22nd, 2004, 8:53 pm
Location: Bronx,NY
Contact:

Unread post by BlueCadillaC167 » April 26th, 2007, 9:55 pm

Lets Go Mayweather!! Best fighter Pound for Pound. Remember when it comes to throwin the hands speed is power.

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Unread post by oso1 » April 26th, 2007, 10:01 pm

Miguel Cotto is overrated, if he should fight Mayweather, it would be a mismatch.

Cotto vs. Mosley = Mosley hands down, hes stronger, faster feet & hand, better technician and smarter, i think Mosley would stop Cotto.

Cotto vs. Judah = Judah, hes too fast, slick southpaw and has a pretty good defense, i dont think hes stronger than Cotto but i think he (Zab) can hurt/stop Cotto.

the only thing with Judah is hes unpredictable, example his fights with Baldomir, Tszyu, Mayweather and Spinks.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 571
Joined: December 1st, 2005, 3:30 pm

Unread post by ManifestTruth » April 26th, 2007, 11:01 pm

oso1 wrote:Miguel Cotto is overrated, if he should fight Mayweather, it would be a mismatch.

Cotto vs. Mosley = Mosley hands down, hes stronger, faster feet & hand, better technician and smarter, i think Mosley would stop Cotto.

Cotto vs. Judah = Judah, hes too fast, slick southpaw and has a pretty good defense, i dont think hes stronger than Cotto but i think he (Zab) can hurt/stop Cotto.

the only thing with Judah is hes unpredictable, example his fights with Baldomir, Tszyu, Mayweather and Spinks.
Judah maybe be faster and slicker but natural ability isnt the only thing that wins fights.
One has to factor in heart, discipline and staying power(willing to dig deep when you dont
get your opponent out there quickly) and these are all attributes Cotto has demonstrated
and Zab has not. Remember his fight against the Argentine, Carlos Baldomir? I'll just
say Cotto is in a totally different league than Baldomir. Judah has the ability to beat Cotto,
even stop him, but he has yet to prove he can stay focus for the duration of a twelve round
fight(his rematch against Cory Spinks is an exception).

I'm not sure Sugar Shane wants to see Cotto at this stage, it's a high risk, semi low reward
fight. Right now it's an even money fight if it ever came off. I'd rather see Cotto vs the Mexican kid Antonio Margarito.

They all better watch out for Andre Berto in another year or two, that kid's a BEAST.

Still like Mayweather by comfortable decision over Oscar. Shold be a very interesting
fight, Oscar has distinct advantages in size and power but his stamina always seems
to betray him in big fights. Cinco De Mayo is right around the corner..

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Unread post by oso1 » April 27th, 2007, 12:28 am

^ ^

I agree with you about Judah, hes unpredictable, thats why i mentioned his fight with Baldomir as well as Mayweather, Spinks and Tszyu.

But if they did fight, i would put my money on Judah.

Now as for Mosley i have to disagree with you, its just my opinion, Shane is just on another level than Cotto, shane hits harder and is a lot faster than Miguel.

Cotto vs. Margarito = Ill go with Cotto.

I agree with you about Oscar, about his stamina, he seems to fade in the later half of the fight.

I think Mayweather will win the fight, but i would like Oscar to knock out Floyd, because Floyd is running his mouth too much.

Floyd is the best boxer right now, but not the best ever.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 571
Joined: December 1st, 2005, 3:30 pm

Unread post by ManifestTruth » April 27th, 2007, 9:55 am

Now as for Mosley i have to disagree with you, its just my opinion, Shane is just on another level than Cotto, shane hits harder and is a lot faster than Miguel.
I agree, Shane is definitely on another level technically. Not sure he hits harder, I think
he's more accurate and waaaay faster. The cumulative effect is usually a knockout and
Cotto's chin is questionable while Mosley's is freakin' granite. My only concern is Mosley's
age, although since his move back to 147 he seems rejuvenated and has appeared to regain
his old form(power boxing). Mosley's only struggles have been against taller fighters and Cotto's a short dude. You might be right, Sugar Shane might destroy him.

Would've been cool if Mosley, Mayweather, and Tszyu had a round robin back when they
all were hanging around 135/140. One of those dudes would have emerged a legend.

Mayweather definitely not the best ever. Talent wise he probably ranks up there with
them all, but his ledger is stocked with mid-level fighters as opposed to great ones.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1240
Joined: January 21st, 2004, 6:20 pm
Location: LA
Contact:

Unread post by Past » April 27th, 2007, 7:44 pm

oso1 wrote:^ ^

I agree with you about Judah, hes unpredictable, thats why i mentioned his fight with Baldomir as well as Mayweather, Spinks and Tszyu.

But if they did fight, i would put my money on Judah.

Now as for Mosley i have to disagree with you, its just my opinion, Shane is just on another level than Cotto, shane hits harder and is a lot faster than Miguel.

Cotto vs. Margarito = Ill go with Cotto.

I agree with you about Oscar, about his stamina, he seems to fade in the later half of the fight.

I think Mayweather will win the fight, but i would like Oscar to knock out Floyd, because Floyd is running his mouth too much.

Floyd is the best boxer right now, but not the best ever.
Floyd could be the best ever if he continues to fight big oponents and win like his been doing but he is plannign on retiring after this fight.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 9034
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Unread post by alexalonso » April 27th, 2007, 9:16 pm

Past wrote:
oso1 wrote:^ ^

I agree with you about Judah, hes unpredictable, thats why i mentioned his fight with Baldomir as well as Mayweather, Spinks and Tszyu.

But if they did fight, i would put my money on Judah.

Now as for Mosley i have to disagree with you, its just my opinion, Shane is just on another level than Cotto, shane hits harder and is a lot faster than Miguel.

Cotto vs. Margarito = Ill go with Cotto.

I agree with you about Oscar, about his stamina, he seems to fade in the later half of the fight.

I think Mayweather will win the fight, but i would like Oscar to knock out Floyd, because Floyd is running his mouth too much.

Floyd is the best boxer right now, but not the best ever.
Floyd could be the best ever if he continues to fight big oponents and win like his been doing but he is plannign on retiring after this fight.
Mayweather is too small and not strong enough to be the best. What top rated opponent has Floyd beat or knocked out? These are his last 10 opponents and his competition does not match up to Oscar's competition. All these guys are loosers except for Jose Luis Castillo, which was a controversial 1st fight. Thats why they re-matched and both times it went to the score card. Floyd never hurt Jose, but Floyd was too fast, it was a great fight but I believe that Jose clearly won that first one. I think it will go the distance for Oscar, and there is a KO, Oscar might get him in the 7th or 8th round.

10. Carlos Manuel Baldomir
9. Zab Judah
8. Sharmba Mitchell
7. Arturo Gatti
6. Henry Bruseles
5. DeMarcus Corley
4. Phillip N'dou
3. Victoriano Sosa
2. Jose Luis Castillo
1. Jose Luis Castillo

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1240
Joined: January 21st, 2004, 6:20 pm
Location: LA
Contact:

Unread post by Past » April 27th, 2007, 11:19 pm

alexalonso wrote:
Past wrote:
oso1 wrote:^ ^

I agree with you about Judah, hes unpredictable, thats why i mentioned his fight with Baldomir as well as Mayweather, Spinks and Tszyu.

But if they did fight, i would put my money on Judah.

Now as for Mosley i have to disagree with you, its just my opinion, Shane is just on another level than Cotto, shane hits harder and is a lot faster than Miguel.

Cotto vs. Margarito = Ill go with Cotto.

I agree with you about Oscar, about his stamina, he seems to fade in the later half of the fight.

I think Mayweather will win the fight, but i would like Oscar to knock out Floyd, because Floyd is running his mouth too much.

Floyd is the best boxer right now, but not the best ever.
Floyd could be the best ever if he continues to fight big oponents and win like his been doing but he is plannign on retiring after this fight.
Mayweather is too small and not strong enough to be the best. What top rated opponent has Floyd beat or knocked out? These are his last 10 opponents and his competition does not match up to Oscar's competition. All these guys are loosers except for Jose Luis Castillo, which was a controversial 1st fight. Thats why they re-matched and both times it went to the score card. Floyd never hurt Jose, but Floyd was too fast, it was a great fight but I believe that Jose clearly won that first one. I think it will go the distance for Oscar, and there is a KO, Oscar might get him in the 7th or 8th round.

10. Carlos Manuel Baldomir
9. Zab Judah
8. Sharmba Mitchell
7. Arturo Gatti
6. Henry Bruseles
5. DeMarcus Corley
4. Phillip N'dou
3. Victoriano Sosa
2. Jose Luis Castillo
1. Jose Luis Castillo
Its not if he knocked them all out its how impressively he won against all them.

User avatar
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 605
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 4:27 pm
Location: POMONA, CA.

Unread post by oso1 » April 28th, 2007, 7:54 am

When Mosley weighed 135lbs. i would have really enjoyed to have seen Shane fight Mayweather.

I think Mosley would have won by ko/tko.

I know Ricky Hatton was mentioned on here some where, i think he would give Mayweather a hard time, its not that i think R H is better than Floyd, its just that RH would try to stay on Floyd's chest, constant pressure and his bully tactics would make an ugly fight.

Remember when RH fought Collazo and Tszyu ? two very good examples.

SAVAGE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 162
Joined: January 8th, 2005, 5:52 pm
Location: Compton
Contact:

Unread post by SAVAGE » May 2nd, 2007, 1:27 pm

THE WINNER IS GOING TO BE DE LA HOYA HANDS DOWN

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 9034
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Unread post by alexalonso » May 2nd, 2007, 2:29 pm

Past wrote:
alexalonso wrote:
Past wrote:
oso1 wrote:^ ^

I agree with you about Judah, hes unpredictable, thats why i mentioned his fight with Baldomir as well as Mayweather, Spinks and Tszyu.

But if they did fight, i would put my money on Judah.

Now as for Mosley i have to disagree with you, its just my opinion, Shane is just on another level than Cotto, shane hits harder and is a lot faster than Miguel.

Cotto vs. Margarito = Ill go with Cotto.

I agree with you about Oscar, about his stamina, he seems to fade in the later half of the fight.

I think Mayweather will win the fight, but i would like Oscar to knock out Floyd, because Floyd is running his mouth too much.

Floyd is the best boxer right now, but not the best ever.
Floyd could be the best ever if he continues to fight big oponents and win like his been doing but he is plannign on retiring after this fight.
Mayweather is too small and not strong enough to be the best. What top rated opponent has Floyd beat or knocked out? These are his last 10 opponents and his competition does not match up to Oscar's competition. All these guys are loosers except for Jose Luis Castillo, which was a controversial 1st fight. Thats why they re-matched and both times it went to the score card. Floyd never hurt Jose, but Floyd was too fast, it was a great fight but I believe that Jose clearly won that first one. I think it will go the distance for Oscar, and there is a KO, Oscar might get him in the 7th or 8th round.

10. Carlos Manuel Baldomir
9. Zab Judah
8. Sharmba Mitchell
7. Arturo Gatti
6. Henry Bruseles
5. DeMarcus Corley
4. Phillip N'dou
3. Victoriano Sosa
2. Jose Luis Castillo
1. Jose Luis Castillo
Its not if he knocked them all out its how impressively he won against all them.
You are right, it is not always about the KO, but Floyd is going to have to exhibit that KO power like Felix Trinidad, Bernard Hopkins, and Sugar Shane used against him. Even though Bernard scored the TKO against Oscar it was a body shot, and even though Trinidad and Mosley didn't KO Oscar, it was that KO power that scored the points to win. Does Mayweather have that type of power at 154? I dont think so.


I like ManifestTruth's analysis.

User avatar
MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1595
Joined: May 19th, 2004, 12:36 pm

Unread post by MARTINEZ » May 2nd, 2007, 3:57 pm

bspg wrote:I BET 5000 ON MAYWEATHER

50 BET 1 MILLION

MAYWEATHER WILL KNOCK HIS ASS OUT

Mayweather could NOT even knock out the smaller Carlos Baldomir,

Mayweather was scared to go head up with the smaller Carlos Baldomir,

NEWSFLASH: De la Hoya has WAY MORE power and is naturally BIGGER than Carlos Baldomir !

The ONLY way Mayweather can win ...is if he RUNS like he did vs. Carlos Baldomir.

Case closed.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1240
Joined: January 21st, 2004, 6:20 pm
Location: LA
Contact:

Unread post by Past » May 2nd, 2007, 5:15 pm

MARTINEZ wrote:
bspg wrote:I BET 5000 ON MAYWEATHER

50 BET 1 MILLION

MAYWEATHER WILL KNOCK HIS ASS OUT

Mayweather could NOT even knock out the smaller Carlos Baldomir,

Mayweather was scared to go head up with the smaller Carlos Baldomir,

NEWSFLASH: De la Hoya has WAY MORE power and is naturally BIGGER than Carlos Baldomir !

The ONLY way Mayweather can win ...is if he RUNS like he did vs. Carlos Baldomir.

Case closed.
you call that running? wtf were you wacthing that was a boxing lesson the nigga was toying with him the whole fight , Carlos looked like he should of taken balarina lessons not boxing.

User avatar
North Face
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 421
Joined: May 17th, 2004, 1:14 pm
Location: T.O.
Contact:

Unread post by North Face » May 3rd, 2007, 8:19 am

Mayweather will step into the ring with Oscar De La Hoya for what should be an enormous payday — somewhere in the range of $20 million.

not to mention.. its all gimmicks with trash talking and pushing around to make extra buck$!

Just to hype up the sales and millions watching around the world.

“LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!"®

($20 on Floyed)

Always the underdog.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 571
Joined: December 1st, 2005, 3:30 pm

Unread post by ManifestTruth » May 3rd, 2007, 8:52 am

MARTINEZ wrote:
bspg wrote:I BET 5000 ON MAYWEATHER

50 BET 1 MILLION

MAYWEATHER WILL KNOCK HIS ASS OUT

Mayweather could NOT even knock out the smaller Carlos Baldomir,

Mayweather was scared to go head up with the smaller Carlos Baldomir,

NEWSFLASH: De la Hoya has WAY MORE power and is naturally BIGGER than Carlos Baldomir !

The ONLY way Mayweather can win ...is if he RUNS like he did vs. Carlos Baldomir.

Case closed.
Baldomir is bigger than Mayweather(his walking around weight is in the 160's). Either
way, that's old news, it's all about DLH and PBF right now. There's several ways Lil
Floyd can win(any real boxing fan knows this). It's Oscar who can probably on win
one way(by KO or building an early points lead and forcing Floyd out of his comfort
zone down the stretch). Mosley didnt beat DLH cause of power, he outspeeded him
in the first fight and had more left in the tank(remember, DLH thoroughly outboxed
him) in their 2nd encounter. Pernell Whitaker is feather fisted and he gave DLH fits.
Boxing's a mental game, power, speed, stamina, etc are all peripheral devices that
work most effectively when the fighter's mental state is solid.

Cinco De Mayo, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. More like mano y mano in that squared circle,
at some point soul searching will come into play for both guys, we'll see who has
more cojones and heart(we already know who has the higher ring IQ).

Mayweather by close but comforter decision.

User avatar
MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1595
Joined: May 19th, 2004, 12:36 pm

Unread post by MARTINEZ » May 3rd, 2007, 2:23 pm

ManifestTruth wrote:
MARTINEZ wrote:
bspg wrote:I BET 5000 ON MAYWEATHER

50 BET 1 MILLION

MAYWEATHER WILL KNOCK HIS ASS OUT

Mayweather could NOT even knock out the smaller Carlos Baldomir,

Mayweather was scared to go head up with the smaller Carlos Baldomir,

NEWSFLASH: De la Hoya has WAY MORE power and is naturally BIGGER than Carlos Baldomir !

The ONLY way Mayweather can win ...is if he RUNS like he did vs. Carlos Baldomir.

Case closed.
Baldomir is bigger than Mayweather(his walking around weight is in the 160's). Either
way, that's old news, it's all about DLH and PBF right now. There's several ways Lil
Floyd can win(any real boxing fan knows this). It's Oscar who can probably on win
one way(by KO or building an early points lead and forcing Floyd out of his comfort
zone down the stretch). Mosley didnt beat DLH cause of power, he outspeeded him
in the first fight and had more left in the tank(remember, DLH thoroughly outboxed
him) in their 2nd encounter. Pernell Whitaker is feather fisted and he gave DLH fits.
Boxing's a mental game, power, speed, stamina, etc are all peripheral devices that
work most effectively when the fighter's mental state is solid.

Cinco De Mayo, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. More like mano y mano in that squared circle,
at some point soul searching will come into play for both guys, we'll see who has
more cojones and heart(we already know who has the higher ring IQ).

Mayweather by close but comforter decision.
What's up Manifest,

I would like to see a good ol fashion scrap,

head up from the shoulders....

I do NOT want to see Mayweather running or getting on his bicycle, and back peddling...

If he has superior speed and defense, there’s NO reason he should be running, right?

I don’t a want a decision,

I rather see de la Hoya flat on his back, then see another Vegas “decision”

All that shit PBF is talking, he better NOT run like a bitch* when it’s time to let the fist do the talking….

It this is for all the marbles, someone should get the KO.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1240
Joined: January 21st, 2004, 6:20 pm
Location: LA
Contact:

Unread post by Past » May 3rd, 2007, 5:25 pm

Past wrote:
MARTINEZ wrote:
bspg wrote:I BET 5000 ON MAYWEATHER

50 BET 1 MILLION

MAYWEATHER WILL KNOCK HIS ASS OUT

Mayweather could NOT even knock out the smaller Carlos Baldomir,

Mayweather was scared to go head up with the smaller Carlos Baldomir,

NEWSFLASH: De la Hoya has WAY MORE power and is naturally BIGGER than Carlos Baldomir !

The ONLY way Mayweather can win ...is if he RUNS like he did vs. Carlos Baldomir.

Case closed.
you call that running? wtf were you wacthing that was a boxing lesson the nigga was toying with him the whole fight , Carlos looked like he should of taken balarina lessons not boxing.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1240
Joined: January 21st, 2004, 6:20 pm
Location: LA
Contact:

Unread post by Past » May 3rd, 2007, 5:25 pm

North Face wrote:Mayweather will step into the ring with Oscar De La Hoya for what should be an enormous payday — somewhere in the range of $20 million.

not to mention.. its all gimmicks with trash talking and pushing around to make extra buck$!

Just to hype up the sales and millions watching around the world.

“LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!"®

($20 on Floyed)

Always the underdog.
Floyd is getting 8 mil

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 571
Joined: December 1st, 2005, 3:30 pm

Unread post by ManifestTruth » May 4th, 2007, 2:28 am

MARTINEZ wrote:
ManifestTruth wrote:
MARTINEZ wrote:
bspg wrote:I BET 5000 ON MAYWEATHER

50 BET 1 MILLION

MAYWEATHER WILL KNOCK HIS ASS OUT

Mayweather could NOT even knock out the smaller Carlos Baldomir,

Mayweather was scared to go head up with the smaller Carlos Baldomir,

NEWSFLASH: De la Hoya has WAY MORE power and is naturally BIGGER than Carlos Baldomir !

The ONLY way Mayweather can win ...is if he RUNS like he did vs. Carlos Baldomir.

Case closed.
Baldomir is bigger than Mayweather(his walking around weight is in the 160's). Either
way, that's old news, it's all about DLH and PBF right now. There's several ways Lil
Floyd can win(any real boxing fan knows this). It's Oscar who can probably on win
one way(by KO or building an early points lead and forcing Floyd out of his comfort
zone down the stretch). Mosley didnt beat DLH cause of power, he outspeeded him
in the first fight and had more left in the tank(remember, DLH thoroughly outboxed
him) in their 2nd encounter. Pernell Whitaker is feather fisted and he gave DLH fits.
Boxing's a mental game, power, speed, stamina, etc are all peripheral devices that
work most effectively when the fighter's mental state is solid.

Cinco De Mayo, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. More like mano y mano in that squared circle,
at some point soul searching will come into play for both guys, we'll see who has
more cojones and heart(we already know who has the higher ring IQ).

Mayweather by close but comforter decision.
What's up Manifest,

I would like to see a good ol fashion scrap,

head up from the shoulders....

I do NOT want to see Mayweather running or getting on his bicycle, and back peddling...

If he has superior speed and defense, there’s NO reason he should be running, right?

I don’t a want a decision,

I rather see de la Hoya flat on his back, then see another Vegas “decision”

All that shit PBF is talking, he better NOT run like a bitch* when it’s time to let the fist do the talking….

It this is for all the marbles, someone should get the KO.
Paz Martinez,

Good points man, I think Floyd needs to stay in the pocket and not leave a stench up
in that joint. He's been coming out his grill ugly, so he oughta put up or shut up. I'll live
with a decision, but I much prefer coming full on from the shoulders with some knockdowns
and things. We'll see..

SAINTJAYMES
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1010
Joined: April 19th, 2005, 9:53 pm
Location: CORONA
Contact:

Unread post by SAINTJAYMES » May 4th, 2007, 9:13 am

IF ANYBODY CAN BEAT A MEXICAN ON MAY 5 ITS FLOYD BUT DAMN FIGHTING A MEXICAN ON MAY 5 IS NOT ADVISEABLE

User avatar
MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1595
Joined: May 19th, 2004, 12:36 pm

Unread post by MARTINEZ » May 4th, 2007, 11:45 am

ManifestTruth wrote:
MARTINEZ wrote:
ManifestTruth wrote:
MARTINEZ wrote:
bspg wrote:I BET 5000 ON MAYWEATHER

50 BET 1 MILLION

MAYWEATHER WILL KNOCK HIS ASS OUT

Mayweather could NOT even knock out the smaller Carlos Baldomir,

Mayweather was scared to go head up with the smaller Carlos Baldomir,

NEWSFLASH: De la Hoya has WAY MORE power and is naturally BIGGER than Carlos Baldomir !

The ONLY way Mayweather can win ...is if he RUNS like he did vs. Carlos Baldomir.

Case closed.
Baldomir is bigger than Mayweather(his walking around weight is in the 160's). Either
way, that's old news, it's all about DLH and PBF right now. There's several ways Lil
Floyd can win(any real boxing fan knows this). It's Oscar who can probably on win
one way(by KO or building an early points lead and forcing Floyd out of his comfort
zone down the stretch). Mosley didnt beat DLH cause of power, he outspeeded him
in the first fight and had more left in the tank(remember, DLH thoroughly outboxed
him) in their 2nd encounter. Pernell Whitaker is feather fisted and he gave DLH fits.
Boxing's a mental game, power, speed, stamina, etc are all peripheral devices that
work most effectively when the fighter's mental state is solid.

Cinco De Mayo, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. More like mano y mano in that squared circle,
at some point soul searching will come into play for both guys, we'll see who has
more cojones and heart(we already know who has the higher ring IQ).

Mayweather by close but comforter decision.
What's up Manifest,

I would like to see a good ol fashion scrap,

head up from the shoulders....

I do NOT want to see Mayweather running or getting on his bicycle, and back peddling...

If he has superior speed and defense, there’s NO reason he should be running, right?

I don’t a want a decision,

I rather see de la Hoya flat on his back, then see another Vegas “decision”

All that shit PBF is talking, he better NOT run like a bitch* when it’s time to let the fist do the talking….

It this is for all the marbles, someone should get the KO.
Paz Martinez,

Good points man, I think Floyd needs to stay in the pocket and not leave a stench up
in that joint. He's been coming out his grill ugly, so he oughta put up or shut up. I'll live
with a decision, but I much prefer coming full on from the shoulders with some knockdowns
and things. We'll see..
I just seen the 24/7 HBO DE LA HOYA vs MAYWEATHER special for the first time,

Shit, it's gonna be a better fight that I had originally thought....

Both looked fired up and in top physical shape....

I think the first 4 rounds will decide the tempo of the fight and who imposes who's will on the other.

IT'S ON !

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 9034
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Unread post by alexalonso » May 4th, 2007, 5:17 pm

According to Rich Morata, Oscar will have about 15 more pounds to work with on Saturday night. Who really thinks that Floyd can KO Oscar? And Manifest, even though Shane used speed to beat Oscar, the hardest punches that Oscar had ever endured were from Shane, Felix, and Bernard Hopkins.

I also think that Fernando Vargas battered his face in the first five rounds of their fight pretty good too and we all know that Oscar came back to win that.

But out side of the mental strength you must have to be a successful boxer, I think the lack of power of Mayweather is going to give him a problem with a bigger, stronger, and pretty fast boxer.

kING T
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: April 26th, 2007, 8:56 pm

Unread post by kING T » May 4th, 2007, 9:18 pm

Size, speed, power, will not even be a factor in the fight. Floyd will simply out-class Oscar.... His style (Floyd's) will give him headaches all day... Oscar has to hit him hard early to even have a chance.

Remember Flyod D is as good as his Offense.....= nasty combonation... Oscar don't get him early it's nuts for him.....

cbo woods
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 106
Joined: September 1st, 2006, 11:16 pm

Unread post by cbo woods » May 5th, 2007, 5:15 pm

roger mayweather was known as the mexican killer,after tonight give the name to floyd

Post Reply

Return to “All Sports Talk”