Who Should Be Voted NBA MVP this Year???

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Who Should Be Voted NBA MVP this Year???

Unread post by Bearfan » February 7th, 2007, 2:56 pm

I can't see how Nash has won all these years when Gary Payton90's, Jason Kidd early2000's, and John Stockton90's did the same things for there teams but they didn't get MVP.Since when have being uselfish wins someone MVP? I'd rather see a big time scorer like Gilbert, Kobe, Lebron, or Dirk over Steve Nash. With that being said I'm going with Gilbert Arenas, I would've said Carmelo if he didn't miss alot of time.

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » February 7th, 2007, 3:14 pm

i will post a compilation of why i think nash should win mvp from the gilbert arenas post...
cid wrote:
Qdawg wrote:if you put nash up against arenas for the mvp chances are the uncle tom voters are gonna give nash his 3rd straight mvp title....& blacktop you right fam ..gil gets hardly any respect he literally carries the wiz-kids by hisself(with the help of caron butler)...gil needs to get good caliber players around him or be traded to a good team
butler and jameson are good players... stevenson is OK... the wiz's need a good big man
cid wrote:
creativemind wrote:
Qdawg wrote:if you put nash up against arenas for the mvp chances are the uncle tom voters are gonna give nash his 3rd straight mvp title....& blacktop you right fam ..gil gets hardly any respect he literally carries the wiz-kids by hisself(with the help of caron butler)...gil needs to get good caliber players around him or be traded to a good team
That shit is real. They all on Nash dick, for handing out assists. How people give him credit for another dude droppin' a 3??? He do what he do, but he can't take no game over the way Arenas, Kobe, D Wade, Lebron, AI, etc.... can. If his teammates ain't hittin' their shots, they lose. Period.
if any teams players arent hittin their fuckin shots they miss and steve nash is a fuckin great shooter he jus has been passin a lot recently for some reason, last year nash could take over a game jus as easy as gil with drives to the lane and fade aways and three's... during the playoffs he was so sick... and when nash is out a lot of times the suns are deff WAYYYY less sharp than when hes in... the wizards even though when they take gil out would be horrible, they are still a medeocre team in the east while the suns are top tier team in the west... the level of play nash brings the suns up to is wayyy higher than what gil brings the wizards to, even though hes a baller...
cid wrote:
Mcminister wrote:they turnin the nba white...steve nash eww i wuda picked lebron, kobe over him...steve nash twice in a row dats disgustin he jst rueined nba history
stockton didnt take over games because he wasnt a pure shooter like isiah, stockton was a true point guard which is find ur 2,3,4,5 guys and get an easy basket with a good pass
cid wrote:and u guys all act like the sports writers are in some BIG ass conspiracy with fuckin dave stern, give me a damn break the writers/coaches/etc dont give a fu-- bout color, they see what steve nash does for his team which is A LOT and they give him props

and u guys talk like jus because hes white he gets credit for bein 20x better because hes bein in a league with a buncha blacks who are statistically better than whites in bball - but most blacks never give respect to white basketball players, hell, a ton of black guys make jokes to white guys like "u must have some black in you to be that good" if a white guy is a baller... black people truly do believe that they are better at bball and ive had experiences with that myself, back in high school i challenged a kid on my team who was black to a 1v1 after a practice and won and he was like totally embarassed by it just because i was white - even though i was good. if i goto a park or somethin and its all black guys and me, i always get picked last (IF NO ONE KNOWS ME) JUST because i'm white... i dunno i kinda rambled on there but i think givin white guys 20x more credit when they are good at bball and amplifying how good they actually are while still assumin that blacks are more dominant at bball than whites is a buncha shit.

dirks also probably gonna get more mvp votes over gil, as well as yao ming would have i bet - is it because they are oriental or european... i dun think so...
cid wrote:
Mcminister wrote:wats that lil man name....pistons isiah thomas...he had seasons better dan horse face nash and didnt win mvp ......i dont understand how kobe didnt win it last year...i don like kobe i really hated that nigga i thought he was cocky n too bossy n all that but last year he played like the dude i created on my video game

81 points
62 in 3 quaters in some other game
52 in 3 quaters in some other game

wat this dude was on fire.....he played some real basketball he made me actually watch laker games stay up till like midnite hopin to see some 90 point game...how he ain win MVP the _____ lakers actually made the play offs

steve nash has all these fast ass good shootin , quick tempo ass players ..all he does is pass it up court its a basket...if chris paul was in pheonix he wud ave. 13 assists per game ...if i was in that team id ave 5 .....shawn marion shud have won it over nash...good rebounds, good points,. good steals,good blocks
who the fu-- is sayin steve nash is better than shawn marion on here
KOBE HAS A SHOOT FIRST MENTALITY -ALMOST AS BAD AS STARBURYS- THATS WHY HE GETS MAD POINTS, EVEN THO HES REAL GOOD, HE STILL TAKES WILD ASS SHOTS AND USED TO BE A REAL SELFISH PLAYER ESPECIALLY WHEN SHAQ WASNT THERE... HE ALSO USED TO BE A LIL BITCH IN the LOCKERROOM U CANT JUS LOOK AT POINTS. MVP IS LOCKER ROOM, ASSISTS, POINTS, DEFENSE, AND HOW UR TEAM FAIRS ON THE COURT WITHOUT U
cid wrote:ONCE AGAIN THE MVP IS THE MOST VALUABLE PLAYER TO HIS TEAM, THE LEAGUE SHOULD HAVE A "MOST OUTSTANDING PLAYER" THEN U CAN HAVE KOBE WINNIN SHIT... BUT MVP FOR WHAT HE DOES TO HIS TEAM... NASH. PERIOD. DOESNT MEAN HES THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE because THATS NOT WHAT MVP IS ABOUT!

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » February 7th, 2007, 3:19 pm

Ok, but like I asked, what makes him more desreving than the legends I mentioned who did the same thing, yet they didn't win MVP. Getting Assists is DEPENDANT on OTHER PEOPLES TALENT, not your own like DIRK. AT Least LARRY BIRD EARNED IT, I'M NOT SURE ABOUT STEVE.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » February 7th, 2007, 3:37 pm

Nash

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » February 7th, 2007, 3:39 pm

Gilbert is so nice. Damn I love his game. So hes my choice but Nash is right on his ass..

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » February 7th, 2007, 4:03 pm

mvp is a season by season basis the fact that nash hasnt been this good his whole career should not weigh into the MVP factor, even though all those other guys are deff more skilled than nash, this is 2007, not like 60's-90's where all them guys played as well... its hard to find true legends in todays game, theres a buncha superstars but no legends in my opinion, except maybe duncan... i dunno if its jus lacking that one great great superstar who puts his will on everyone (grant it, kobe is really good, i jus cant find "legend" status in him) or the fact that everyone is now like on an equal level to everyone else but it makes that grand level look like normal or somethin...

but back to the point. since MVP is on a season by season basis, and since nash is havin a great season and when hes off the court his teams level of play drops bigtime, thats why i see him as a top mvp candidate, although dirk is lookin sharp, but i dont support arenas because when arenas is either out or in, the wizards are still a medeocre team in the east.

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Who Should Be Voted NBA MVP this Year???

Unread post by cid » February 7th, 2007, 4:06 pm

Bearfan wrote:I can't see how Nash has won all these years when Gary Payton90's, Jason Kidd early2000's, and John Stockton90's did the same things for there teams but they didn't get MVP.Since when have being uselfish wins someone MVP? I'd rather see a big time scorer like Gilbert, Kobe, Lebron, or Dirk over Steve Nash. With that being said I'm going with Gilbert Arenas, I would've said Carmelo if he didn't miss alot of time.
2005-06 - Steve Nash, Phoenix
2004-05 - Steve Nash, Phoenix
2003-04 - Kevin Garnett, Minnesota
2002-03 - Tim Duncan, San Antonio
2001-02 - Tim Duncan, San Antonio
2000-01 - Allen Iverson, Philadelphia
1999-00 - Shaquille O'Neal, Los Angeles Lakers
1998-99 - Karl Malone, Utah
1997-98 - Michael Jordan, Chicago
1996-97 - Karl Malone, Utah
1995-96 - Michael Jordan, Chicago
1994-95 - David Robinson, San Antonio
1993-94 - Hakeem Olajuwon, Houston
1992-93 - Charles Barkley, Phoenix
1991-92 - Michael Jordan, Chicago
1990-91 - Michael Jordan, Chicago
1989-90 - Magic Johnson, Los Angeles Lakers
1988-89 - Magic Johnson, Los Angeles Lakers
1987-88 - Michael Jordan, Chicago
1986-87 - Magic Johnson, Los Angeles Lakers
1985-86 - Larry Bird, Boston
1984-85 - Larry Bird, Boston
1983-84 - Larry Bird, Boston

Thats why Gary Payton, Jason Kidd, and John Stockton didn't win MVP awards... look at who they were playin with...

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » February 7th, 2007, 5:30 pm

LMAO @ most of the people who have had similar seasons as Nash, yet Nash is the Most Valuable player. I guess Kenny Smith, John Stockton, Chris Childs, Sam Cassell, and Chauncey Billups were all snubbed for MVP, because they aren't in NASH's League. :lol:

http://www.basketball-refrence.com/play ... hst01.html

Most similar seasons tell the truth on that page, which means he's no better than Chauncey Billups, or John Stockton. Those two aren't MVP's, they led there teams deep in the playoffs, and they had great Regular seasons.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » February 7th, 2007, 5:40 pm

damn shaq only got 1.

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » February 7th, 2007, 6:00 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:damn shaq only got 1.
All those injuries in the Regular seasons hurt his chances, I remember him being Finals MVP a couple times.

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » February 7th, 2007, 6:03 pm

Bearfan wrote:LMAO @ most of the people who have had similar seasons as Nash, yet Nash is the Most Valuable player. I guess Kenny Smith, John Stockton, Chris Childs, Sam Cassell, and Chauncey Billups were all snubbed for MVP, because they aren't in NASH's League. :lol:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... hst01.html

Most similar seasons tell the truth on that page, which means he's no better than Chauncey Billups, or John Stockton. Those two aren't MVP's, they led there teams deep in the playoffs, and they had great Regular seasons.

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » February 7th, 2007, 6:20 pm

white people love nash all them board of directors foolz is white.....

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » February 7th, 2007, 6:36 pm

lol leave it to you assholes to bring race into it. you dumbasses cant realize that MVP is the person whos most valuable to their team, it can have absolutely nothing to do with assists, points scored, all that shit. im done arguing this with yall, Most Valuable Player to his team - Steve Nash... peace

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » February 7th, 2007, 6:41 pm

cid wrote:lol leave it to you assholes to bring race into it. you dumbasses cant realize that MVP is the person whos most valuable to their team, it can have absolutely nothing to do with assists, points scored, all that shit. im done arguing this with yall, Most Valuable Player to his team - Steve Nash... peace
u just kant handle the truth......

silkloc
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by silkloc » February 7th, 2007, 6:46 pm

i think kobe should get it

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » February 7th, 2007, 6:57 pm

Young Deuce wrote:
cid wrote:lol leave it to you assholes to bring race into it. you dumbasses cant realize that MVP is the person whos most valuable to their team, it can have absolutely nothing to do with assists, points scored, all that shit. im done arguing this with yall, Most Valuable Player to his team - Steve Nash... peace
u just kant handle the truth......
Yep, now numbers don't count all of a sudden when it's proven that Nash isn't a better player, or leader for that matter than Billups due to the fact Billups has a ring + Detroit 64-18, Phoenix 54-28 in 2006. It is what it is :roll:

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » February 7th, 2007, 7:46 pm

if you DUMB FUCKS could read u would realize that multiple times i said nash wasnt a BETTER PLAYER than most of the people, i said he was MORE VALUABLE to his TEAM. the damn sponsors do not vote for MVP, a panel of 127 sportswriters and broadcasters vote for it. MANY OF THEM are black, and the NBA has been dominated by blacks for so long, it is probably safe to assume that these sportswriters are not RACIST or BIAS in anyway... and considering many BLACK people voted for nash, yall should shut ur fuckin mouths...

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » February 7th, 2007, 7:47 pm

get yo angry ass on.....

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » February 7th, 2007, 7:47 pm

yo does anyone on this forum have an iq above 90 and understand what the fuck im talkin about or am i alone... theres gotta be a few people on here who arent just pissed cuz a white guy won an mvp and their favorite player kobe didnt

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » February 7th, 2007, 8:46 pm

cid wrote:if you DUMB FUCKS could read u would realize that multiple times i said nash wasnt a BETTER PLAYER than most of the people, i said he was MORE VALUABLE to his TEAM. the damn sponsors do not vote for MVP, a panel of 127 sportswriters and broadcasters vote for it. MANY OF THEM are black, and the NBA has been dominated by blacks for so long, it is probably safe to assume that these sportswriters are not RACIST or BIAS in anyway... and considering many BLACK people voted for nash, yall should shut ur fuckin mouths...
LOL, IF HE ISN'T A BETTER PLAYER, AND HE ISN'T A BETTER LEADER, THERE YOU HAVE IT HE NEVER DESERVED MVP. HOW CAN YOU BE THE MVP WHEN YOU AREN'T THE BEST PLAYER/LEADER OF THE YEAR?

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » February 7th, 2007, 10:13 pm

steve nash is a premier leader of his team on the court and off the court, that is why he wins mvps as well, because he has class and a great locker room presence and is selfless and leaves it all out on the floor for his squad. i hope he wins mvp again jus to piss everyone off too.

steve nash also has a fg % of 50% or more over the past three seasons (07,06,05), as well as a 54 % for this season... kobes has been 40%-45% from three nash 43-44%, kobe 43-45%, free throw kobe is 82%-86%, nash is 88-92%. assists kobe is 5.5 per game, nash is 11 per game... the only thing kobe has goin for him is his PPG, and if nash shot as much as kobe, his ppg would be that high too... hell most nba stars would be up there... and nash is involved in more points total with his assists than kobe is with his points and assists... so overall, it looks like statistically - and DEFINATELY leadership wise nash > kobe... 1v1 ill take kobe though of course. kobes teammates usually hate him this year is the only exception pretty much cuz he has a buncha scrubs on his team who will suck his dick cuz hes kobe bryant and he been in the league since they were like 13 years old cuh

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » February 8th, 2007, 6:25 am

Oh there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout basketball, a white man got to pull Steve Nash out their ass. That's their one, that's their one. Steve Nash. Steve Nash. Let me tell you something once and for all. Steve Nash was good, but compared to Micheal Jordan, Steve Nash ain't shit.

:lol: , i agree with cid though nash > kobe

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » February 8th, 2007, 3:22 pm

Billups vs Nash

Billups 1 ring Better Leader

Billups Plays Defense unlike you know who

They had the same stats as I proved earlier

Billups team had more wins as I proved earlier

If being unselfish is the new MVP Steve still is overmatched Chauncey Billups.

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » February 8th, 2007, 4:46 pm

once again you are looking at personal stats and skill only when there is more involved in the mvp than that. pistons aint gonna beat the damn suns this year fa sure

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » February 8th, 2007, 4:48 pm

and billups is replaceable to the pistons in my opinion...

nash isn't. it would take like three years to get back to their level if they got rid of nash and kept the same gameplan

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » February 8th, 2007, 5:17 pm

but on the other hand 2 times mvp is enough i dont believe nash will win again

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » February 8th, 2007, 9:14 pm

cid wrote:once again you are looking at personal stats and skill only when there is more involved in the mvp than that. pistons aint gonna beat the damn suns this year fa sure
So defense and wins are stats and skill?

Bearfan
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Bearfan » February 8th, 2007, 9:25 pm

cid wrote:and billups is replaceable to the pistons in my opinion...

nash isn't. it would take like three years to get back to their level if they got rid of nash and kept the same gameplan
If Nash is so irreplaceable how did Dallas make it to the Finals? Every since he left, and Avery Johnson has been coach, Dallas is much tougher, and they don't depend on fast break points as much as they used to.

JelisLust
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by JelisLust » February 17th, 2007, 3:00 pm

The only people who should be mentioned at THIS MOMENT are

Kobe
Dirk
McGrady
Nash

Kobe should be falling off because he hasn't been winning and isn't playing as great. Nash is only one sided and even though he helps his team mates and makes them better, he is only one-sided and that is on the offensive end and plus that he is probably as good statistically is because of the system he is being coached in.

McGrady has been crazy, lately. Without Yao(who was playing MVP basketball earlier) and the Rockets are still one of the best teams in the NBA.

Dirk Nowitski because they have the best record and has been doing it for the Mavericks for years. He's still only one-sided as is Nash, though.

We'll have to wait for the end of the season to see who deserves it. Some people fall off.

PS...why does ESPN and everyone else keep mentioning Wade as an early candidate when his team has been losing...IN THE EAST. So what if they don't have Shaq. T-Mac is backing his team up without Yao and Wade couldn't even get his team over .500.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » February 18th, 2007, 1:37 pm

MVP mmhmmmmhmhmmmmh ----- Smoke weeeeeed every day

cid
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cid » February 19th, 2007, 10:18 pm

i agree with mcgrady but he was injured and gets injured too much like u said he could fall off as well... especially if he gets injured and his back starts 2 flare up again... rockets are sweet i cant wait to watch them play with all their guys... i wish battier would step it up like he did at duke.. even more so than hes steppin it up now

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » February 21st, 2007, 4:58 pm

The MVP of the league needs to be able to lead his team somewhere. Nash hasn't done ANYTHING in terms of leading his team anywhere.

The NBA has given him 2 MVPs primarily because they're trying to change the face of the league. They want to be able to market the league to little white kids, and Europeans now. Eveything is going international. The hip-hop generation in the NBA is a dying breed.

If you look back through the NBA history, its only been about 3 times that the MVP has not at least led his team to the NBA Finals. KG in 2004 and Michael Jordan in 88 when he averaged 38 PPG. They gave that shit to Steve Nash for averaging 15 PPG and 11 assists, and his team ain't win shit??? That's BS.

Nash plays in a uptempo system that's fun to watch, that's about it. He's surrounded by two of the best finishers in the game (Marion and Stoudamire) and good 3 point shooters (Bell, Diaw, Barbosa).

He's not as good as the system would make him appear, which is why he doesn't do that well in All-Star games. In 4 All-Star games, he's scored a total of 14 points, an average of 3.7 PPG. That's because EVERY gets to play the uptempo game that he gets to play every night, and he's the one who can't hang.