Ultimate Fighting

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
jboogie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Ultimate Fighting

Unread post by jboogie » April 15th, 2004, 12:55 pm

Anyone ever watch the Ultimate Fighting Championships or other MMA events? And what did you think of UFC's last event I thought it was one of their better fight cards.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Ultimate Fighting

Unread post by blkjoker » April 15th, 2004, 1:15 pm

jboogie wrote:Anyone ever watch the Ultimate Fighting Championships or other MMA events? And what did you think of UFC's last event I thought it was one of their better fight cards.
Yo I use to watch it. I saw the very first ones when the gracie boyz was doing there thing. Them boyz was tough specially the first one of the brothers to fight. He held it down a couple of times. I will never forget one time he was on his back and dude was standing over him pounding his azz and all of sudden dude fell down and tapped out. I was like what happen my dad said gracie had broke his arm. That sh@t was tight one second you think you got him and the next you at the hospital like dam what happen lol.

jboogie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by jboogie » April 15th, 2004, 1:57 pm

Yeah, old school UFC was pretty tight, they really had no weight divisions. I give a lot of props to Royce Gracie the guy was only like 185 and was beating guys who weighed like 220, I think the first UFC I saw was UFC 4 and Gracie beat some huge wrestler, I thought Gracie was gonna get his ass beat but when he won I was like whoa.

Loyalheart
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Loyalheart » April 15th, 2004, 4:30 pm

never realy been a folower of ufc,but i watched a documentary on the shamrock brothers, and they were tough especially the wee brother.In one fight they showed, he was on the deck getting smacked in the head and each time he was hit he smiled and stuck his tongue out to wind up the guy feckin hilarious.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 15th, 2004, 8:19 pm

jboogie wrote:Yeah, old school UFC was pretty tight, they really had no weight divisions. I give a lot of props to Royce Gracie the guy was only like 185 and was beating guys who weighed like 220, I think the first UFC I saw was UFC 4 and Gracie beat some huge wrestler, I thought Gracie was gonna get his ass beat but when he won I was like whoa.
Thats his name Royce I like to see his family come down to the ring they be deep. Yeah the Gracie's are defense fighters they like to be on the ground. They dont use there fist as much he can lay on his back all day and use the heals of his feet and beat you dam near to death. Them hits will take its toll. Yeah I have not seen the newer UFC, I know a lot say its not like the old ones use to be. I will never forget this white dude was about 220 5'11 and this blk dude was around 500 about 6'6. White dude took one wild swing and hit my man side his timple, it was like slow motion when big dude fell. White boy broke his hand going up side my man head too. That was one of the funniest sh@t I saw thinking blk dude was about to get up in that azz.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » April 16th, 2004, 1:26 pm

I trained with the Gracies. They had been in the states long before UFC 1 but that really turned people's heads back then. Rickson was the champion of the family back then but they fronted Royce. Now everyone in UFC crosstrains and Mixed Martial Arts is the name people use to describe it.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 16th, 2004, 10:33 pm

wcrockets wrote:I trained with the Gracies. They had been in the states long before UFC 1 but that really turned people's heads back then. Rickson was the champion of the family back then but they fronted Royce. Now everyone in UFC crosstrains and Mixed Martial Arts is the name people use to describe it.
What was it like training with them? How many is it of them? Was Rickson the best of the Gracies?

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 16th, 2004, 10:46 pm

Loyalheart wrote:never realy been a folower of ufc,but i watched a documentary on the shamrock brothers, and they were tough especially the wee brother.In one fight they showed, he was on the deck getting smacked in the head and each time he was hit he smiled and stuck his tongue out to wind up the guy feckin hilarious.
Did not know there was 2 brothers. I remember one became a WWF wrestler. He was the only one to survive Royce Gracie, Shamrock drew blood from Royce with a few punches to his face. Royce could never get Shamrock to tap out, time ran out it was a draw. It was the longest fight of UFC. Also Shamrock made my dude dam cant think of his name, he was a real wrestler from MI I think. He made appearances in WWF also, he was a big white dude too. He was underfeated until Shamrock choke him and made him tap out. The fight went quick he made one mistake and Shamrock made him pay. But the dude I am talking about use wrestling moves, I remember one time he got this dude from the back and flip the dude over his head. That sh@t was tight. But anybody know this dude I am talking about forgot his name?

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » April 17th, 2004, 6:20 pm

blkjoker wrote:
wcrockets wrote:I trained with the Gracies. They had been in the states long before UFC 1 but that really turned people's heads back then. Rickson was the champion of the family back then but they fronted Royce. Now everyone in UFC crosstrains and Mixed Martial Arts is the name people use to describe it.
What was it like training with them? How many is it of them? Was Rickson the best of the Gracies?
It was a very positive experience. I learned a lot. Lot of guys go in there thinking they are going to become Billy Badas_s but quickly fall in line as jiu-jitsu training is rigourous and you must lose about 10,000 matches.. lol to progress to the next belt. They don't give them away like other schools. Many a night the first year I would go home covered in bruises all over my body. Rickson was the best and Ralph was the fiercest in my opinion but there were many good jiu-jitsu artists in the family. The most intense part was after a year people would come in off the street and make a challenge. Us students would "roll" with them (ie. answer the challenge). I was chosen twice. Once against a man claiming 12 years Kung Fu San Soo and once against a man claiming 6 years Jeet Kune Do. I won both. Match lasted about two minutes per match. Upside is it is very effective in a one on one encounter. The downside is we didn't drill hardly ever against weapons and multiple attackers like you would in some other disciplines. I had fun but my focus changed and I wanted to spend all those nights each week helping make a better world rather than just training all the time. Plus I got old! Peace.

jboogie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by jboogie » April 17th, 2004, 11:12 pm

About all of the Gracies are fighters, There is one Gracie though I think his name is Ryan and he tends to like to brawl and stand up more than submit guys but I have seen him make guys tap out. He doesn't fight for the UFC though, he fights for Pride FC, which is probably the UFC's biggest opponent now. Another Gracie, Renzo also fights for Pride. Pride gots a lot of good fighters but they aren't known over here because all their events are held in Japan.

Digital_Designs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Digital_Designs » April 18th, 2004, 2:45 am

Its about 500 Gracies :), Due to the evolution of MMA they arent anywhere near as dominant in the cage/ring as they were in the past. Alot of ppl blame it on the fact that the Gracies refuse to evolve with the times like other MMA's.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » April 19th, 2004, 12:27 pm

^^ Yes you both are right.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » April 20th, 2004, 3:41 am

TITO ORTIZ KICCED FEW ASSES BUT I HATE THE WAY THE LIL BOY ACT ...PURE WHITE BOY STYLE NO HUMILITY NO RESPECT FOR THE OPONENT HE NEEDS A GOOD OL ASS WHOPEN HE FROM HUTINGTON BEACH ARE THERE ANY WHITE BOYZ GANG THERE????

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » April 20th, 2004, 8:55 am

Yes there are bgCASPER but mostly white ones like Hammerskins, NLR, Punk, etc.. Panik might be able to give you the lowdown on any black gangs in that area though I've never seen any.

The biggest "ghetto" area there I know of there is just near Beach and Talbert or Slater I can't remember which street it is. A few driveby's and whatnot over the years I guess. I walked through there and Raza were hanging all over the balconies hitting me up as I went through. Tito just got ktfo in his last match with Chuck. Tito used to be Tank Abbot's sparring partner back in the day. He was a good wrestler at Golden West college. Peace.
Last edited by wcrockets on April 21st, 2004, 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 20th, 2004, 2:42 pm

wcrockets wrote:Yes there are bgCASPER but mostly white ones like Hammerskins, NLR, Punk, etc.. Panik might be able to give you the lowdown on any black gangs in that area though I've never seen any.

The biggest "ghetto" area there I know of there is just North of like Beach and Talbert on Talbert. A few driveby's and whatnot over the years I guess. I walked through there and Raza were hanging all over the balconies hitting me up as I went through. Tito just got ktfo in his last match with Chuck. Tito used to be Tank Abbot's sparring partner back in the day. He was a good wrestler at Golden West college. Peace.
Tank was pretty good but he got his azz beat by this other wrestler I still cant think of his name.

jboogie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by jboogie » April 20th, 2004, 3:46 pm

Hey Joker is the wrestler your thinking of Dan Sevren?

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 20th, 2004, 6:46 pm

jboogie wrote:Hey Joker is the wrestler your thinking of Dan Sevren?
Thank u yo, It was killin me that I could not think of his name thats it, he was good too.

jboogie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by jboogie » April 26th, 2004, 4:27 pm

No problem.

jboogie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by jboogie » April 26th, 2004, 4:33 pm

Yeah Tito shows off a lot, I think he does it to promote his fights. But I read on some MMA site that Tito wanted to fight Kevin Randleman in his next match, but it I don't think it will happen since Randleman just fought in a Pride FC heavyweight tournament and knocked out a huge favorite to win the tournament, a guy by the name of Mirko Crocop meaning Randleman advances to the next round of that tournament. Plus knowing how Tito sometimes ducks opponents he wouldn't want anything to do with Randleman if he saw his last fight.

Digital_Designs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Digital_Designs » April 26th, 2004, 6:09 pm

Randleman wanted a piece of Tito when Kevin was the UFCHW champ... Tito didnt want anything to do with him. Kevin is bigger, stronger, a MUCH better wrestler, & better striker than Tito... Ortiz would get punished

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » May 1st, 2004, 12:12 am

lolol Randleman knocked out Crocop lolol. Did he jump real high in the air afterwards or do a flip? Seriously, was Mark Coleman supporting him?

Digital_Designs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Digital_Designs » May 1st, 2004, 9:16 am

Coleman and Lidell were out there to support Kevin, along with the rest of Hammerhouse. People say Crocop wasnt his normal self (bs excuses) but hes notorious for being a slow starter. Kevin backed Mirko into the corner and leaned on him. The ref broke them up and restarted (due to no action) Mirko closed the distance and he dropped his hands to throw a kick with the left leg. As soon as he dropped the hand, Kevin threw one of his trademark left hooks and caught Mirko right in the jaw and dropped him. Kevin got on top, Mirko was trying to get in the guard but Kevin got a 1/2-3/4 mount and dropped 5 hammerfists on him and knocked him out cold.

Digital_Designs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Digital_Designs » May 1st, 2004, 9:19 am

Digital_Designs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Digital_Designs » May 1st, 2004, 9:24 am

Digital_Designs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Digital_Designs » May 1st, 2004, 9:25 am

Digital_Designs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Digital_Designs » May 1st, 2004, 9:27 am

Digital_Designs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Digital_Designs » May 1st, 2004, 9:31 am

my bad for the pics being out of order... yall can figure it out =D

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » May 5th, 2004, 11:47 am

lolol. Crocop's fine when he's beating people smaller than him like sakuraba or fighting K1 rules like when he fought Silva but I never could see him beating Kevin. Looks like he took the nap.

Digital_Designs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Digital_Designs » May 5th, 2004, 4:54 pm

Ive always thought Mirko was overrated when it comes to MMA.... It seems like people are desperate for a striker to be dominant... and I think he lost that fight with Silva.....speaking of Silva hes got a fight with Kondo coming up and the winner between Arona and Ramage get a title shot in late summer...

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » May 6th, 2004, 10:51 am

Silva was great in that fight for sure.

NYorker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYorker » May 6th, 2004, 5:23 pm

Vito Belfort has a nice style...he can strike and grapple. Gracie JJ is good like Crocketts said for a 1 on 1 FAIR fight as long as the other guy doesn't have a knife.
Proficient martial arts include a healthy dose of striking (Muay Thai) and submission grappling like that of Frank Shamrock. Thai Boxing blends nicely with submission grappling.