Detroit Pistons Won Championship

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Ms. Nisi
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Detroit Pistons Won Championship

Unread post by Ms. Nisi » June 15th, 2004, 8:54 pm

Pistons won Championship. 87 to 100.

mike89
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Detroit Pistons Won Championship

Unread post by mike89 » June 15th, 2004, 9:32 pm

Ms. Nisi wrote:Pistons won Championship. 87 to 100.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:LOST BET

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » June 15th, 2004, 9:42 pm

congratulations to the pistons, they played and won as a team.....tough year for the lakers overall, now everything for them is in the air...phil's future is uncertain and respectively kobe's future who would only stay (and that's not even for sure) if phil jackson stays...

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » June 15th, 2004, 10:11 pm

I waz with LA all the way but you know when yo team is gone and i felt the Pistons were going to win. The Lakerz just werent together as a team they were trying to play as individuals. Big up to Pistons they deserve it. LA is still my home team tho.

mr. chill
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr. chill » June 15th, 2004, 11:38 pm

PISTONS BOYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE HATED ON THEM BUT NOW LOOK AT THEM, WORLD CHAMPSSSSSSSSSS, WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 16th, 2004, 12:52 am

The LAkers were not 100% percent. The Milwaukee Bucks lost to the Pistons 4-1, the Nets pushed them to 7 games, and the Pacers went 6 games with Detroit.

Something is wrong with the lakers... injuries, Kobe's bad shooting, bad foul calls, etc but I know that the Nets, Pacers and Bucks are not better teams than the Lakers plus the Lakers beat the Spurs 4 straight, a team that has as good a defense as the Pistons. What went wrong????

TMAN
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TMAN » June 16th, 2004, 6:49 am

They got their lame asses smoked is what happened, the Pistons dominated them in every game, just as I said would happen in other threads!

mr. chill
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr. chill » June 16th, 2004, 9:05 am

yeah please stop makin excuses, im so sick of it, why cant yall just say lakers got there ass kicked and keep walking?

Ice

Unread post by Ice » June 16th, 2004, 9:51 am

First of all, Kobe got shut down + he didn't give the ball to shaq enough. Usually even when he doesnt pass the ball to shaq he makes shots, now he was forced to take shots over Prince or over 2 defenders so he missed a lot. It's obvious that Karl Malone's injury hurt the Lakers, he's an experienced player who can still win games if he's healthy. Payton's bad play could have been predicted, the man was a 1st option on a team for 12 years and all of a sudden he had to become a 4th option under a different offense. The Lakers bench is short, young, and lacks experience , a total opposite of the pistons. Then come the ref calls, the pistons are supposed to be the tough, physical, bad boys type of team but the refs called every single touch foul, a little push, whatever, they called it against the lakers. They would call a foul on Devean George for movin his feet and staying with his man and then they would swallow their whistles on the other end of the floor when Malone or Kobe get hammered inside. I was surprised to see that in the beginning of the series but after watching all games it became a regularity. Just a side note: I'm not a lakers fan.

Still, you cant take anything from the pistons, they played their game and imposed it on the short handed Lakers. Rip Hamilton is tough to stop and even if a team commits to slowing him down that takes a lot from their offensive productivity. To be honest, I don't know how the Lakers got to the NBA Finals, I think it was the experience of their stars, the belief that they can't be stopped and Shaquille O'Neal....

Once again, congratulations to the Pistons for the deserved title and congratulations to Larry Brown on winning his 1st NBA title, the man deserved it.

TMAN
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TMAN » June 16th, 2004, 10:14 am

I am a Pistons fan, but I was taken back at the number of fouls the Lakers had called against them as well. Malone shouldn't have played as much as he did in the first 4 games, I think that hurt the Lakers.

Good to see the trophy back in Michigan, who is next, the Lions??? NOT.

jboogie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by jboogie » June 16th, 2004, 10:54 am

I cant believe it, the Lakers didn't play with any heart. They didn't slash to the basket they just went into Shaq, when they did get to the hoop and there was contact the refs barely blew the whistle which probably hurt some of the players confidence. Regardless though, the Lakers should have played more physical because they had the bigger bodies but it was their loss and the Pistons gain.

Ice

Unread post by Ice » June 16th, 2004, 11:09 am

^ The Lakers had the bigger bodies? Detroit got four 7 footers, the lakers have 1...

S-Rot40
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by S-Rot40 » June 16th, 2004, 11:25 am

fromsantabarbamovedtomich wrote:PISTONS BOYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE HATED ON THEM BUT NOW LOOK AT THEM, WORLD CHAMPSSSSSSSSSS, WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
world champs? aint the nba a national league plus some teams from canada?
is that the official title u get when winning the nba?

TMAN
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TMAN » June 16th, 2004, 11:32 am

Ummmm, yep.

Ice

Unread post by Ice » June 16th, 2004, 11:34 am

Quiksta wrote:
fromsantabarbamovedtomich wrote:PISTONS BOYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE HATED ON THEM BUT NOW LOOK AT THEM, WORLD CHAMPSSSSSSSSSS, WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
world champs? aint the nba a national league plus some teams from canada?
is that the official title u get when winning the nba?
LOL true, every time they say "World champions" on TV it makes me laugh my azz off

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » June 16th, 2004, 2:43 pm

The real world champs will be proven in the olympics later this year which Larry Brown will coach.

Anyways the Pistons were a better team then the Lakers and got what they desrved.

Unread post by Guest » June 16th, 2004, 4:13 pm

I was speaking in terms of physique, just about everyone on the Lakers starting five weighed signifcantly more than the Pistons for instance Kobe is around 215 whereas Rip is only like 170, Shaq is 330 and Ben is 270, George is 225 Prince is around 170, Malone is 250 and Rasheed is 230. The Lakers could have definitely out muscled the Pistons but they didn't in fact it was the other way around. Hopefully Lakers can rebuild and rebound next year.

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » June 16th, 2004, 4:59 pm

^^^

LAKERS lost and now will be broken up. No excuses.....LA had better individual players and Detroit had an overall better TEAM!!!

Basically, the end of an era has come and hopefully the rebuilding of a new one will not take too long.

Lot's of new faces next year......

jboogie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by jboogie » June 16th, 2004, 5:12 pm

I have a feeling that if the Lakers lose either one of the big two, then they will make a move for a big name player. Have any of you heard news or rumors on what the Lakers will do next?

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » June 16th, 2004, 5:46 pm

^^^
No rumors, just speculation (guesses by analysts and players).

First and foremost, SHAQ is not going anywhere. If he does, it would be the dumbest move the Lakers could ever make.

There is talk that if Kobe leaves (doubtful, but possible), he will end up in Memphis (Jerry West) or New York ($$$$). Lakers can pay him the most but he needs the spotlight and that $$$.

If he leaves, it will be a sign and trade deal. Lakers will go after either McGrady (Shaq's homie) or Vince Carter. I would push for McGrady (a bigger Kobe in my eyes).

Fish, Fox, Payton, Malone, George.............who cares!!!...lolol...I would keep Fish, simply because if he was not injured, he would have given Billups some problems. He is more likely to go though. We will see...

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » June 16th, 2004, 8:44 pm

Rebounds especially by Ben and Rasheed Wallace, as well as tight defense.

TomTom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TomTom » June 18th, 2004, 8:40 pm

TMAN wrote:They got their lame asses smoked is what happened, the Pistons dominated them in every game, just as I said would happen in other threads!
SAY I KNOW I’M A LIL LATE BUT ANY OF YALL IN FLINT,MICHIGAN…MY PEEPS UP THERE SAID THEY WENT ON ONE AFTER THAT LAST GAME….DAM THEY MURDERED THE LAKERS..THAT’S GOT 2 BE ONE OF THE BIGGEST UPSETS IN NBA FINALS HISTORY…

sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sexy365 » June 19th, 2004, 5:07 pm

i'M SO GLAD THE PISTONS WON, ATLEAST THERE PLAYERS DON'T HAVE TO MAKE WOMEN HAVE SEX. OOOOOPS!

TMAN
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TMAN » June 21st, 2004, 6:15 am

I am 3 hours north of Flint, in inbred redneck land.

sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sexy365 » June 21st, 2004, 10:41 am

It sounds like we live in the same place.