Kobe spends $4 million on a ring for his wife

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
Anonymous20

Kobe spends $4 million on a ring for his wife

Unread post by Anonymous20 » July 25th, 2003, 12:45 am

Does Kobe think that he can buy love from his wife or is this a sincere gesture to show he is committed? Does this mean that his wife responds well to expensive gifts? Is this a desperate move on Kobe to keep his fine ass wife?

Only time will tell if they will stay together.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Kobe spends $4 million on a ring for his wife

Unread post by wcrockets » July 25th, 2003, 8:49 am

It's the fourth quarter and Kobe is down by 24 points already. He's an intelligent man but obviously has acted the fool at least once. So yes, it's time to pull out the stops and keep his team on board. He doesn't want to go to trial without his wife, family, and fans behind him. I'm sure the presents are flowing.

Is he committed? He wasn't before. Maybe after this he'll be. Of course if he goes to prison she may divorce him and then maybe he won't after he gets out. Who knows the mind of Kobe.

Does he love her? His behavior to stray doesn't reflect true committed love, however, many men have been this route and returned to the nest never to try out their adultry wings again. Of course the opposite is true as well. Does he have love for her? Sure why not.

Rossonero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Rossonero » July 29th, 2003, 9:11 am

A desperate move from a desperate man. Buying a ring will change the events. What's done is done.

Rossonero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Rossonero » July 29th, 2003, 9:11 am

I meant to say "will NOT change the events."

bree
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bree » August 27th, 2003, 1:00 pm

i think it may be strategic really. he knows his assets will be attacked so he is sinkin money into gifts that can not be attacked and can be easily liquidated by his wife. if so that is an act of love. he is trying to set her up just in case.

Cay
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Cay » August 29th, 2003, 3:04 pm

i'm kinda hoping kobe wife will leave him so I can holla at her (LoL)..but on the other hand they gotta baby together, she's young, and married to a famous basketball player, she's staying with him regardless!!

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » September 21st, 2003, 1:09 pm

4 mil is less than what his wife wud take if she divorced him...

BlewLeeGee

Unread post by BlewLeeGee » September 22nd, 2003, 10:29 pm

I think Kobe's a genius on the court, but off the court... Whew! Not to say that you need a lot of brainpower in matters of the heart, but his judgment is shot! As far as the ring goes, I think it's unbelievably stupid. To me, it sounds like he's putting a number value on his marriage. If he wanted to buy her a ring as a token of his sorrow and affection, fine, but a $4,000,000.00 ring?!? That speaks volumes in itself. I think at this point, his wife is a business woman. Every day she stays with him, and every child she bears is an investment into her future and bank account. Basically, I don't see how it can last. I wish them the best, but realistically speaking, I think that's wishful thinking. I think she's got a foot out the door right now. Or, rather, a hand -- with a $4 million dollar ring on it!!

sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sexy365 » November 20th, 2003, 5:26 pm

if he got of with a ring this time next time all he has to do is by the matching necklace, then earrings the third time, then bracelet the fifth time, but the sixth time he may have a big problem.

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » January 28th, 2004, 5:36 pm

dis is obviously to keep her

sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sexy365 » February 23rd, 2004, 2:03 pm

you know

FLUID
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FLUID » August 28th, 2004, 4:25 pm

I wouldn't have bought her no 4 million dollar ass ring.

SV 2004
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SV 2004 » October 25th, 2004, 10:29 pm

Thats some serious $$, 4 mil on her finger, she better take precaution or someone might jack her for that ring

Red_Diamond
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Red_Diamond » December 3rd, 2004, 6:31 pm

lol Yeah I think Kobe tryin to be slick bout the situation spending that much money on a ring but there aint no telling she may like being in the limelight and put up with it just because.........If you ask me she shouldn't let that nicca dogg her like that, she still gonna get payed if she leave and they got a baby together WHAT ol gurl set for life regardless

hitonme
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by hitonme » December 12th, 2004, 7:01 pm

How can Vanessa forgive Kobe for what he's done to her? Well, for starters she accepted a $4,000,000 ring from him. What does that tell you about her? 1) She's a gold digger or 2) She might be willing to stay with him as long as she is getting expensive gifts from him. I hate to say it but leave her Kobe for your own good or she'll take all your damn money and you'll realize by then its to late to divorce her. This is all on himself.

Red_Diamond
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Red_Diamond » December 13th, 2004, 11:18 pm

fa sho

KimDK

Unread post by KimDK » March 8th, 2005, 9:48 am

I would have killed her and get the ring back if she would not give it back after divorce, i could always give it to another woman and do the same :)

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Unread post by TarHeelRED » March 10th, 2005, 10:25 pm

hitonme wrote:How can Vanessa forgive Kobe for what he's done to her?
The reason being is because the Bible tells us 2. We have 2 4give eachother because GOD forgives us 4 the sins we commit. No matter what Kobe did she needs 2 4give him. I'm not saying what Kobe did is okay because Kobe is going 2 get punished 4 the sin he commited sooner or later. In fact I disdain adultery 100%. Some folk take those wedding vows 4 a joke. It's a shame how folk can dishonor their marriage like that. But Kobe is a human like the rest of us. Just because he messed around in his marriage doesn't make him a bad person, he did a bad deed, but he's still not a bad person. If Kobe is sincere with his repentance with the LORD he will be forgiven. Alot of people is trying 2 tarnish his image and reputation because of the infraction he commited. That don't matter. The most important thing is hopefully Kobe came clean with GOD and asked 4 his forgiveness.
As far as the 4 million dollar ring, I think that was compensation 4 what he did. A guilt offering if u will 4 his wife. No matter how much the ring costs, that still don't mend those wounds and pain he inflicted on his wife. I tell u what no matter how many millions I have, I'm not spending 4 million dollars on a piece of jewelry 4 NOBODY. I don't care what I did.LOL