Race vs. Race

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
User avatar
Interested
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 208
Joined: July 18th, 2004, 8:12 am
Location: Back home in Columbus, Ga
Contact:

Race vs. Race

Unread post by Interested » October 2nd, 2004, 7:24 pm

Which race produces the most well knowed athletes?

User avatar
PAPI CHULO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 207
Joined: September 12th, 2004, 12:49 am
Location: 661 Bakers,California
Contact:

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by PAPI CHULO » October 2nd, 2004, 7:39 pm

black everyone knows that

User avatar
J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 897
Joined: July 31st, 2004, 2:29 am
Location: Compton

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by J-DUB » October 2nd, 2004, 9:22 pm

BLACKS, THEN WHITES, AND I DONT KNOW AFTER THAT

User avatar
Interested
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 208
Joined: July 18th, 2004, 8:12 am
Location: Back home in Columbus, Ga
Contact:

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by Interested » October 3rd, 2004, 2:44 pm

Baseball, footbal, Basketbal- Mostly black but some hispanics get some cred too.

Tennis, Golf, Soccer- Other- we only have a few black stars in these sports

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by Common Sense » October 3rd, 2004, 3:04 pm

Basketball... Blacks>Whites>

Football... Blacks>Whites>Polynesians>Latins

Baseball... Whites>Latins>Blacks>Japanese

Hockey... Predominately Whites, one or two blacks

Golf... Whites>Latins>Blacks

Soccor... Latins>Whites>Blacks>Asians>Arabs

Tennis... Whites>Blacks

Most other sports are white dominated.
Last edited by Common Sense on October 4th, 2004, 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 897
Joined: July 31st, 2004, 2:29 am
Location: Compton

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by J-DUB » October 3rd, 2004, 5:09 pm

I AGREE with ALL THAT. BUT WHEN A BLACK PERSON DOES STEP TO A NEW SPORT THAT WE HAVENT ALREADY DOMINATED LIKE TENNIS AND GOLF, WE MAKE WAVES. LOOK WHAT ALL TIGER DOWN AND THE WILLIAMS SISTERS. BOTH WILLIAM SISTER ARE RANKED IN THE TOP 5 IN THE WORLD IF IM NOT MISTAKEN. ATLEAST I KNOW SERENA IS.(THE YOUNGER SISTER)

User avatar
Interested
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 208
Joined: July 18th, 2004, 8:12 am
Location: Back home in Columbus, Ga
Contact:

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by Interested » October 3rd, 2004, 5:28 pm

Your right. Don't forget about Freedy Adu who is only 14 years old who plays MLS for the Wasinginton D.C. United.

User avatar
J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 897
Joined: July 31st, 2004, 2:29 am
Location: Compton

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by J-DUB » October 3rd, 2004, 5:35 pm

I HEARD ABOUT HIM BUT DIDNT KNOW TOO MUCH

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by Common Sense » October 3rd, 2004, 9:09 pm

J-DUB wrote:I AGREE with ALL THAT. BUT WHEN A BLACK PERSON DOES STEP TO A NEW SPORT THAT WE HAVENT ALREADY DOMINATED LIKE TENNIS AND GOLF, WE MAKE WAVES. LOOK WHAT ALL TIGER DOWN AND THE WILLIAMS SISTERS. BOTH WILLIAM SISTER ARE RANKED IN THE TOP 5 IN THE WORLD IF IM NOT MISTAKEN. ATLEAST I KNOW SERENA IS.(THE YOUNGER SISTER)
Tiger has done alot for golf, as well as the Williams sister fro tennis. Way before the Williams sisters...there was Authur Ash.

User avatar
J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 897
Joined: July 31st, 2004, 2:29 am
Location: Compton

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by J-DUB » October 3rd, 2004, 9:12 pm

THATS WHAT I SAID. I KNOW. WERE TALKIN ABOUT NOW A DAYS.

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by Common Sense » October 3rd, 2004, 9:20 pm

J-DUB wrote:THATS WHAT I SAID. I KNOW. WERE TALKIN ABOUT NOW A DAYS.
Oh....okay, my bad...LOL.

jboogie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 75
Joined: March 1st, 2004, 4:18 pm
Location: S.D., CA

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by jboogie » October 4th, 2004, 1:20 am

Also there are a lot of Polynesians who play football too, as well as a handful of them in full contact fighting as well.

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by Common Sense » October 4th, 2004, 8:12 am

jboogie wrote:Also there are a lot of Polynesians who play football too, as well as a handful of them in full contact fighting as well.
Your right...I forgot about them. I may even place them before Latins.

User avatar
SILENCIO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 136
Joined: March 21st, 2004, 3:09 am
Location: South of the Border
Contact:

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by SILENCIO » October 4th, 2004, 4:30 pm

Common, i agree with most sports that u put there, except for baseball, i think u should put the latins ahead of the blacks in that one, lately there are more and more latins in the game and they have been making a big impact on it, guys like Sammy Sosa and Albert Pujols are among the best in the league, and im not sure but i think there are now more latins in basaball then blacks.

User avatar
J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 897
Joined: July 31st, 2004, 2:29 am
Location: Compton

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by J-DUB » October 4th, 2004, 4:39 pm

THE LATINS DO BE PUTTIN IT DOWN IN BASEBALL

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by Common Sense » October 4th, 2004, 6:09 pm

MR_BIGGZ wrote:Common, i agree with most sports that u put there, except for baseball, i think u should put the latins ahead of the blacks in that one, lately there are more and more latins in the game and they have been making a big impact on it, guys like Sammy Sosa and Albert Pujols are among the best in the league, and im not sure but i think there are now more latins in basaball then blacks.
Yea, I was debating about that. I switched it.

Thanks Biggz.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4166
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 4th, 2004, 6:42 pm

Boxing ?
Wrestling ?
Shooting ?
Billiards ?
Martial Arts ?
and my favorite PLAYING CARDS - POKER / DOMINOES / CHESS ?

over it
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 91
Joined: August 4th, 2004, 4:31 am
Location: LA

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by over it » October 4th, 2004, 6:44 pm

Common Sense wrote:
MR_BIGGZ wrote:Common, i agree with most sports that u put there, except for baseball, i think u should put the latins ahead of the blacks in that one, lately there are more and more latins in the game and they have been making a big impact on it, guys like Sammy Sosa and Albert Pujols are among the best in the league, and im not sure but i think there are now more latins in basaball then blacks.
Yea, I was debating about that. I switched it.

Thanks Biggz.
switch up like that huh?

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by Common Sense » October 4th, 2004, 8:37 pm

over it wrote:switch up like that huh?
Part of being a man is being able to accept and own your mistakes, and make the corrections in your life.

Go in peace my brother.

User avatar
J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 897
Joined: July 31st, 2004, 2:29 am
Location: Compton

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by J-DUB » October 4th, 2004, 8:39 pm

LOL

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by Common Sense » October 4th, 2004, 8:42 pm

lonewolf wrote:Boxing ?
Wrestling ?
Shooting ?
Billiards ?
Martial Arts ?
and my favorite PLAYING CARDS - POKER / DOMINOES / CHESS ?
Boxing was dominated by whites, then blacks, but now I would have to say it's Latino's. I think it's more latino fighters in general more than anyone else.

The rest of those categories, I would have to say whites with the exception of martial arts....Asians>whites.

User avatar
J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 897
Joined: July 31st, 2004, 2:29 am
Location: Compton

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by J-DUB » October 4th, 2004, 8:49 pm

Common Sense wrote:
lonewolf wrote:Boxing ?
Wrestling ?
Shooting ?
Billiards ?
Martial Arts ?
and my favorite PLAYING CARDS - POKER / DOMINOES / CHESS ?
Boxing was dominated by whites, then blacks, but now I would have to say it's Latino's. I think it's more latino fighters in general more than anyone else.

The rest of those categories, I would have to say whites with the exception of martial arts....Asians>whites.
WHEN U SAY "DOMINATING" DO U MEAN, HOW MANY PEOPLE THEY GOT OR WHAT THEY DOING? WHEN I THINK OF DOMINATING, I THINK OF WINNING, WHAT THEIR ACCOMPLISHING. NOT BY THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE THEY GOT. BOXING I THINK IS EQUAL GIVE OR TAKE. THE REST THEM "SPORTS" WHITE PEOPLE can HAVE. ASIANS DO THEIR THING IN BILLIARDS.

I DONT LOOK AT PLAYIN CARDS, DOMINOES, POKER AND CHESS AS A "SPORT" LOL. BUT BLACK PEOPLE can PLAY SOME DOMINOES AND SPADES.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4166
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 5th, 2004, 4:17 am

Well besides, soccer and boxing, us Mexicans 3rd sport would be the pool hall - billiards, cards and dominoes - sport or not were there. LOL :D

User avatar
J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 897
Joined: July 31st, 2004, 2:29 am
Location: Compton

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by J-DUB » October 5th, 2004, 4:50 am

lonewolf wrote:Well besides, soccer and boxing, us Mexicans 3rd sport would be the pool hall - billiards, cards and dominoes - sport or not were there. LOL :D
LOL, YEA YALL GOT SOCCER NO DOUBT, DOIN YA THANG IN BOXIN. YALL can SLAP SOME BONES LONE?

User avatar
Interested
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 208
Joined: July 18th, 2004, 8:12 am
Location: Back home in Columbus, Ga
Contact:

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by Interested » October 5th, 2004, 6:51 pm

J-DUB wrote:
lonewolf wrote:Well besides, soccer and boxing, us Mexicans 3rd sport would be the pool hall - billiards, cards and dominoes - sport or not were there. LOL :D
LOL, YEA YALL GOT SOCCER NO DOUBT, DOIN YA THANG IN BOXIN. YALL can SLAP SOME BONES LONE?
Good question right there.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1322
Joined: January 19th, 2004, 10:31 am
Location: W/S Santa Ana

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by Panik » October 6th, 2004, 12:33 am

J-DUB wrote:
lonewolf wrote:Well besides, soccer and boxing, us Mexicans 3rd sport would be the pool hall - billiards, cards and dominoes - sport or not were there. LOL :D
LOL, YEA YALL GOT SOCCER NO DOUBT, DOIN YA THANG IN BOXIN. YALL can SLAP SOME BONES LONE?
Maybe in TJ, up here that's a "mayate game" right lonewolf? I know that if an esse plays dominoes in county they get taxed severly, it is not acceptable for a sur to play that game.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4166
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 6th, 2004, 1:22 pm

I don't know Panico, never been locked up, but I play a lot and so do a lot of the people around me, not just in TJ but in LOS also, that is where I picked it up. Cards are a mind and luck game, unless you're cheating, in which case you have to be good otherwise you'll end up focked up. Dominoes is a counting and quick money game, you only play if you're quick with numbers and have some real feria. Billiards are for passing time and entertainment in our culture, not the way blacks play it for profit on the regular. Like when there is a boxing match on and you rent a table with your Homies or family and drink up while you play and watch.
But in all 3 games, Mex's are proficient, we can't run as fast you know, so we stick to one place, LMAO 8)

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 434
Joined: February 18th, 2004, 10:19 am

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by Conman » October 6th, 2004, 2:28 pm

Black people dominate any/every sport we focus our attention on.

The obvious are Basketball, Football, Track& Field and Boxing...but if interest arises in other sports like it is for Tennis and Golf, you will have a Tiger Woods of Hockey or Soccer popping up pretty soon.

Baseball fell off in the inner-city amoung Blacks (fun to play boring to watch), does any of you have an idea as to why?

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4166
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 6th, 2004, 2:30 pm

Slow paced, and very little physical contact ?

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 434
Joined: February 18th, 2004, 10:19 am

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by Conman » October 6th, 2004, 3:02 pm

lonewolf wrote:Slow paced, and very little physical contact ?
Maybe....but it was real popular back when. There were little league teams all over...now......

Hockey is fast paced with lots of contact, and Black folks could care less about it (even though I have read that there are several upandcoming Black stars of the sport). Can beat someones ass in that sport for fun..

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by Common Sense » October 6th, 2004, 3:08 pm

Conman wrote:
lonewolf wrote:Slow paced, and very little physical contact ?
Maybe....but it was real popular back when. There were little league teams all over...now......

Hockey is fast paced with lots of contact, and Black folks could care less about it (even though I have read that there are several upandcoming Black stars of the sport). Can beat someones ass in that sport for fun..
I think when the NBA blew up so did the interest in kids. In the caribbean, kids out there always grew up playing cricket (british form of baseball), their superstars were cricket players. You ask a kid out there today, he wants to play for the Los Angeles Lakers.

Hockey is too expensive of a sport to get into for a lot of black and latino families.
Last edited by Common Sense on October 6th, 2004, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4166
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: Race vs. Race

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 6th, 2004, 4:47 pm

Well there's not a lot of places in Mexico where it snows.
Besides Mexicans are more kick back type of deal, we ain't in no hurry, we'll take it easy and enjoy.
It's kind of like the joke -
- 2 bulls sitting on top of the hill looking down at the heard of cows down at the field below, one is a young bull and the other and old bull, the young bull tells the old bull - i'm going to run down there and f'ck me one them cows. The old bull replies, I'm going to walk down there and f'ck 'em all.

Post Reply