ADRIEN BRONER vs. EMANUEL TAYLOR, Set. 6, 2014

Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Football, Golf, Rugby, Wrestling and any other sport.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

ADRIEN BRONER vs. EMANUEL TAYLOR, Set. 6, 2014

Unread post by alexalonso » September 3rd, 2014, 6:12 pm

ADRIEN BRONER vs. EMANUEL TAYLOR
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: ADRIEN BRONER vs. EMANUEL TAYLOR, Set. 6, 2014

Unread post by oso1 » September 4th, 2014, 1:37 pm

I never seen Emanuel Taylor fight, but from what I hear, this will no easy fight for Broner.

Chris Algerie, who will be fighting Manny Pacquiao soon, has fought Taylor, and he thinks that Taylor has a good chance of defeating Broner. Lets see what happens this Saturday night.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » September 4th, 2014, 1:47 pm

Forgot to add, if Broner and Matthysse should both win Saturday, I would like to see them fight each other next.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » September 4th, 2014, 2:23 pm

I never saw Taylor fight either from what I can tell. Undercard guy. Looking at his w-l record, he should not be a problem for Broner. Algerie is your prototypical boxer mover. Pity pat you to death and get the points. He beat this guy Taylor like that. Broner has power and speed.....dedication and concentration is his "Problem"...

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » September 7th, 2014, 7:40 pm

I caught the Broner vs Taylor fight from the 7 th round on. This is the first fight I've ever seen Broner use his legs like he did. Even though he was getting tagged here and there, Broner looked good. I didn't get to see Matthysse fight, so I can't really gauge how he would do against anyone but I want to see these guys fight each other next.

karim
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by karim » September 8th, 2014, 12:19 am

So who won ? Taylor ???

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » September 8th, 2014, 7:56 am

No Broner won. Broner dropped Taylor in the last round but Taylor got up with seconds left in the round. Broner by UD.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » September 8th, 2014, 10:38 am

the fight was pretty close between Broner and Taylor going into the final round. Taylor was game, but Broner finally sealed it with a 10-8 round in the 12 to win on points.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » September 8th, 2014, 2:05 pm

^^ If Broner hadn't knocked down Taylor, who in your opinion think won?

Like I said, I caught the fight from the 7th round on, so I can't say.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » September 8th, 2014, 4:49 pm

It was close for 8 rounds. Taylor started to fade and get tired. I do think Broner would have still won but the score would have been tight.

Is it me or did Broner kind of push a new promoter other than Al Haymond? Is he trying to get from out of Mayweather's shadow? Remember, Broner wanted a rematch with Maidana before Money fought him...that was a "promoters call". Broner is not a TMT fighter, but if you didn't know any better you would think he was. He also didn't use the shoulder roll much in the fight. It was a good fight....lot's of action and not at all one sided.

Broner is also trying to play the Black=tougher, Black=stronger angle during his post fight interviews...at least the last two he did. I actually like this only due to the fact that all of the top Black Light/Welter/Middleweights did it in some fashion since that division is very ethnically mixed with good fighters from several nationalities (Mexican, Puerto Rican, Argentinian, Russian, Black American). This will help him sell fights being that he does not have any real spark other than being the "next" Mayweather.

Those thinking it is racist don't watch boxing....from Sugar Ray Leonard, to Mayweathers (Floyd, Daddy, and Roger)...they all had great fights against Latin fighters. As long as it is respectful, ethnic differences are pointed out regularly.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » September 9th, 2014, 3:42 am

I did notice in the post fight interview that Broner thanked two men, but didn't mention his father. I totally forgot about Al Haymon.

I don't buy into the racial thing as well, never did. The comment he once made about just beating the fuck up a Mexi CAN, was just to sell himself. Anyone CAN get it, Ameri CAN, Mexi CAN, Afri CAN etc

Return to “All Sports Talk”