Lebron James-youngest player to get triple double

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
CantNo1TopPac
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Lebron James-youngest player to get triple double

Unread post by CantNo1TopPac » January 23rd, 2005, 7:41 pm

This kid is good-no other way to put it. The youngest player to get a triple double. And not only that he got a triple double yesterday against the Warriors so thats 2 triple doubles in three games. That's pretty damn impressive.

Godfather
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Lebron James-youngest player to get triple double

Unread post by Godfather » January 23rd, 2005, 7:49 pm

Amazing player...simply amazing. Better than Kobe, better than Nash. Potential future MJ.

SILENCIO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SILENCIO » January 23rd, 2005, 8:01 pm

Potential future MJ
Nope, different style of play, if i had to compare to anybody, id compare him to Magic.

Godfather
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Godfather » January 23rd, 2005, 8:19 pm

Hmm...interesting comparison. I don't really see any Magic in him though to be honest.

CantNo1TopPac
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CantNo1TopPac » January 23rd, 2005, 8:36 pm

Godfather wrote:Amazing player...simply amazing. Better than Kobe, better than Nash. Potential future MJ.
Godfather, I always respect and like your responses but I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. He may be better than Kobe this year but as of total, Kobe has the championships and Lebron does not. I don't see Lebron's team being a contender for the championship in the future as I do see Kobe's.

Godfather
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Godfather » January 23rd, 2005, 9:01 pm

CantNo1TopPac, my respects to you and your opinions as well. As far as the Lebron thing, let's look at it technically speaking. Kope in his second season was back up to Eddie Jones, he showed absolutely no signs of peaking until Jones left, and even then was known as a 'ball hog'. Lebron on the other hand has taken upon himself the leadership position 2nd year in the NBA, and has taken his statistics higher on ever major stat recorded. Also...memory serves Cleveland third in the East to Lakers 7th in the West.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » January 23rd, 2005, 10:10 pm

Godfather wrote:CantNo1TopPac, my respects to you and your opinions as well. As far as the Lebron thing, let's look at it technically speaking. Kope in his second season was back up to Eddie Jones, he showed absolutely no signs of peaking until Jones left, and even then was known as a 'ball hog'. Lebron on the other hand has taken upon himself the leadership position 2nd year in the NBA, and has taken his statistics higher on ever major stat recorded. Also...memory serves Cleveland third in the East to Lakers 7th in the West.
Lebron James is better than Kobe this year and any year. Kobe is a trerrible shooter, he is second in the NBA in scoring, but he is not even in the top 100 in shooting percentage. He wins some great buzzer beaters, but he looses far more of those. He is truly a ball hog and he does not make his team better.

While Kobe is not playing because of his injury, his team looks like they are playing better without him. That should be a clear indication of how good of a player he is. I would not pic him on my team. Now we see why Kobe never got an MVP in the finals.

SILENCIO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SILENCIO » January 23rd, 2005, 10:38 pm

I agree with almost everything you said Alonso, except this.
While Kobe is not playing because of his injury, his team looks like they are playing better without him.
Although they are 3-1 without him, they obvioulsy need him to have a better chance at a playoff spot.

With Kobe: Possible 8th or 7th spot in playoffs, out by the first round.

Without Kobe: Lottery.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » January 23rd, 2005, 11:00 pm

Let me also say that Kobe is a great athlete and he can do things with the ball that very few people can do, but he is not a great team player. I give Shaq more credit for those rings than Kobe.

Shaq has been to the dance without Kobe and has a better chance of getting there again.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » January 24th, 2005, 9:03 pm

I know you are informed Alonso. Kobe is a natural, even better than you have given him credit for, but he is all mixed up currently (in my opinion) so I will not argue the point farther than to say the Kobe/Shaq match up was awesome. Peace.

anonymousman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by anonymousman » January 24th, 2005, 9:17 pm

i understand how alot of you people in here hate kobe and its ok, you hate kobe just like i used to hate michael jordan. lebron james does not play like magic johnson, not even close he plays more like jordan. when he gets 3 championships or more we can start comparing him to kobe. There's one thing i hate about kobe, his big mouth but other than that he's the best player in the NBA, period.

SILENCIO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SILENCIO » January 25th, 2005, 1:17 am

How does he play like Mj?

Godfather
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Godfather » January 25th, 2005, 8:03 pm

Takes control of the game...excellent statistsics...intelligent player...natural leader...made his team 3rd in the east in merely his second year...Need I go on?

LOONEY TOON
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by LOONEY TOON » January 25th, 2005, 8:10 pm

Godfather wrote:Takes control of the game...excellent statistsics...intelligent player...natural leader...made his team 3rd in the east in merely his second year...Need I go on?
I agree with you alot on your post answer.As we all know,the Cleveland Cavs were one of the worst team.I know it takes more than one player to make a team good,team work.and I see Lebron James as a good team leader 4 the CAVS

Godfather
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Godfather » January 25th, 2005, 8:12 pm

Nah, it only takes one player to make a team good. It takes more than one to make 'em champs. I think the Chicago Bulls pre-pippen and rodman is proof of that.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » January 26th, 2005, 8:08 pm

Lebron is better that Magic, MJ, and Kobe if you compare 1.5 years into career. His outside shot is better than Magic's, he passes the ball better than MJ, and he is a better team player than Kobe.

Time will tell whether he becomes great, but he will need a partner if he plans on getting those rings.

Godfather
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Godfather » January 26th, 2005, 9:08 pm

Lebron is not even equal to MJ in college.

SILENCIO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SILENCIO » January 26th, 2005, 9:15 pm

alonso wrote:Lebron is better that Magic, MJ, and Kobe if you compare 1.5 years into career. His outside shot is better than Magic's, he passes the ball better than MJ, and he is a better team player than Kobe.

Time will tell whether he becomes great, but he will need a partner if he plans on getting those rings.
But he's not as exciting to watch imo.

Godfather
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Godfather » January 29th, 2005, 10:11 am

CHIVAS wrote:
alonso wrote:Lebron is better that Magic, MJ, and Kobe if you compare 1.5 years into career. His outside shot is better than Magic's, he passes the ball better than MJ, and he is a better team player than Kobe.

He can be very exciting to watch, and it's exciting to see a player show that level of maturity so early in his career. Lebron sees that there are no need for BS trick shots to win games, and it's because of this that the Cavs are 3rd in the East while Lakers are 7th in the West.

SILENCIO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SILENCIO » January 29th, 2005, 10:03 pm

Godfather wrote:
CHIVAS wrote:

He can be very exciting to watch, and it's exciting to see a player show that level of maturity so early in his career. Lebron sees that there are no need for BS trick shots to win games, and it's because of this that the Cavs are 3rd in the East while Lakers are 7th in the West.
LOL, u can't compare the East to the West, it would be a joke, if you switched the Lakers and Cavs in conferences, the Lakers would be top 5, and the Cavs wouldn't even make the playoffs.

Godfather
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Godfather » January 29th, 2005, 10:08 pm

Sad but very true...Yet had you told Kobe not to be a little pussy and kick Shaq and Phil Jackson off the train, Lakers would be number one in the West.

Cavs- .595
Lakers- .537

Very close winning percentage, I thought the gap was larger. Then again, the original topic was Lebron, who in his second season is proving to be more productive for his team than Kobe for his.

SILENCIO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SILENCIO » January 29th, 2005, 10:13 pm

Your right on the Shaq and Phil thing, and they've probably kept Payton and Malone too.

P.S. If the Cavs want to win championships, they have to get another key player, maybe Michael Redd.

Godfather
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Godfather » January 30th, 2005, 11:55 am

CHIVAS wrote:Your right on the Shaq and Phil thing, and they've probably kept Payton and Malone too.

P.S. If the Cavs want to win championships, they have to get another key player, maybe Michael Redd.
Redd would be an amazing addition. Cavs already got the third best big man in the East, and of course they have Lebron...Lebron could take it in, and then have the option of kicking it out to Redd who could nail the 3. Of course Redd is getting used to being the star...

olo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by olo » February 1st, 2005, 10:39 am

I think Lebron is overrated. I think he is good. But he has a lot of media hype around him because his image is what the NBA wants to portray and market. He is not MJ nor is his game Magic. He is more like Scottie Pippen if anything. Pippen did a lot of little things with steals, rebounds, assists, scoring, and running the fast break just like Lebron. But Pippen never took opponents off the dribble or create his own shot. I see Lebron in that vein. He lets the game come to him. But he is not MJ, or Magic, or even Kobe. People compare him at age 20 with the greats, but this could be the best that we see from Lebron. Lets see what he does in the playoffs with his team who has only beaten one team over .500 this year.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 7th, 2007, 4:14 am

CantNo1TopPac wrote:
Godfather wrote:Amazing player...simply amazing. Better than Kobe, better than Nash. Potential future MJ.
Godfather, I always respect and like your responses but I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. He may be better than Kobe this year but as of total, Kobe has the championships and Lebron does not. I don't see Lebron's team being a contender for the championship in the future as I do see Kobe's.
where is this guy? not a contender? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 7th, 2007, 4:19 am

alexalonso wrote:Let me also say that Kobe is a great athlete and he can do things with the ball that very few people can do, but he is not a great team player. I give Shaq more credit for those rings than Kobe.

Shaq has been to the dance without Kobe and has a better chance of getting there again.

who called it on the money?

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » June 7th, 2007, 5:12 am

alexalonso wrote:
alexalonso wrote:Let me also say that Kobe is a great athlete and he can do things with the ball that very few people can do, but he is not a great team player. I give Shaq more credit for those rings than Kobe.

That's not on the money. Kobe isn't a great team player because no one improves around him but their championships were definately a combined effort. Shaq only won another ring because he had Wade, he was nothing more than a role player the last couple of years. He had a better chance than Kobe because he went to a better team, with that being said though Lebron, Wade, Nash and a couple of others would do better with this Laker team than Kobe is doing.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 7th, 2007, 9:14 pm

rocstar wrote:
alexalonso wrote:

That's not on the money. Kobe isn't a great team player because no one improves around him but their championships were definately a combined effort. Shaq only won another ring because he had Wade, he was nothing more than a role player the last couple of years. He had a better chance than Kobe because he went to a better team, with that being said though Lebron, Wade, Nash and a couple of others would do better with this Laker team than Kobe is doing.
the last i checked, Wade could not get out of the first round without Shaq. Then Shaq arrives, and they go deep and win a ring two years. this season is an example of how important Shaq is to the heat and he is much more than a role player. Shaq barely played all season and was not ready to play in the playoffs, and you see how the Heat got swept by Chicago. Without Shaq, the Lakers, the Heat, and the Orlando's trip to the dance never happens. And if Shaq retires, the Heat barely make the playoffs.

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » June 7th, 2007, 11:10 pm

Nah, Wade was a rookie his first year with no help they made it to the 2nd round and lost in 6, when Shaq came they went to the conference finals, they next year they won on Wades back. Shaq didnt averave 20 points or 10 boards in any playoff season with Miami. Shaq always played with the best guard or the second best in the league on every team he played on, Hardaway, Kobe and Wade. He couldnt win until the Lakers as a whole got their shit together. If Shaq had stayed the Lakers still wouldnt have won anymore. He can only handle the big Western conference players in spurts. Shaq was one of the most dominant players of all time but he's just a shell of what he was. He helps a team but he doesnt make one. If Shaq retires and Mourining stays, the heat will go deep into the playoffs. They didnt perform this year because Wade missed 30 games and wasnt ready for the playoffs. You right though without Shaq I dont think any of those teams would have made it to the finals when they did, but I dont think he would have made it without any of those guards either.

rustone
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by rustone » June 8th, 2007, 11:23 pm

lebrons and shaqs teams are a lot better than the lakers..
SO I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE CAN EVEN COMPARE THE LAKERS OR KOBE TO ANOTHER TEAMS SUCCESS
I MEAN THE LAKERS GOT A NIGGA NAME SMUSH ON THERE TEAM??????A NBA D LEAGUE SUPERSTAR?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

its funny how niggas bring up lebron BEING best player in the league.. jus cause he made it to the finals ....
yall niggas worse than those niggas on ESPN
notice they do this every year who ever makes it too the finals they always say is the best player in the league
d wade last yr
NOW LEBRON
lebron is not the best player in the LEAGUE
he cant shoot consistantly<<<<<<<<<<<<<
hes not clutch<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
he misses clutch freethrows<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<NOTICE HOW KOBE IS ALL OF THESE
all he is is a bigass nigga WHO CAN BULLDOZE INTO THE LANE like CHARLES BARKLEY and get fouled

KOBE is the best player no matter what
HES UNSTOPABLE
every fucken year he does sumthin INCREDIBLE
the nigga is jus on a whole diff level than the rest of the league and that shit is jus OBVIOUS
dont hate on kobe...hes like the BARRY BONDS OF THE NBA niggas jus hate on him

KOBE IS A FUCKEN MACHINE

if any thing this shit jus shows how weak the east is..(CAVS MAKING IT TO THE FINALS)

by the way the cavs have a SNOWFLAKES CHANCE IN HELL beating the spurs
its irrelavant even watching the games
its gonna b a sweep

tim duncan sorry ass gonna b dancing at a parade shortly
that shit is INEVITABLE