K-1 (Martial Arts) vs. UFC (Wrestling)

Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Football, Golf, Rugby, Wrestling and any other sport.
never die inside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

K-1 (Martial Arts) vs. UFC (Wrestling)

Unread post by never die inside » July 17th, 2005, 11:41 pm

I dunno. I don't like watching UFC cus it seems like 8 out of 10 fights ends up bein two doods just hugging each other for 10 minutes. No offense to any of yall that like UFC, but I just think its boring as hell.

I like the K-1 shiet better. More martial arts, and it seems that everyone in K-1 is a champion of IKA (International Kickboxing Association), ISKA (International Sport Karate Association), etc... its like the real martial arts shiet. That shiet is just more exciting to watch.

I wanna watch this fight comin up on July 29th.

Choi Hong Man (7'2 353 pounds) Former Ssirum Champ

[img]http://www.so-net.ne.jp/feg/k-1gp/image ... m_choi.jpg[/img]

vs. Akebono ( 6'8 450 Pounds) Former Sumo Champ

[img]http://www.so-net.ne.jp/feg/k-1gp/image ... kebono.jpg[/img]

this is gonna be a crazy ass fight... its gonna be in Hawaii...

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 18th, 2005, 6:58 am

I agree with you on the fact that K-1 is more interesting to watch. Here skill reigns supreme. Like for example Warren Sapp's brother versus Remy Bonjasky. If that had been in UFC it woulda been a wrap from the get... Imagine if it had gone to the floor with those two.... with K-1 you can see speed and skill pan out and create victories.

I got Akebono in the above fight. Sumo wrestlers are a lot quicker than people give then credit for..

never die inside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by never die inside » July 19th, 2005, 12:00 am

Yeah. K-1 is so much better. U talkin about Bob Sapp??? that guy looks like a fuccin monster. Its so hard to find K-1 on TV anywhere tho... u kno wuts up with that... if u know of a clip anywhere on the internet with Bob Sapp vs. Remy, I'd appreciate it greatly...

between Akebono and Choi, I gotta go with Choi Hong Man. LOL! I HAVE to see the white announcer give him his props...

damm! I just read Mike Tyson signed with K-1 last year...I think im the only guy in the only guy in the world that thinks tyson was justified biting holyfields ear... i watched the tape a coupla times, and i counted over 30 times Holyfield headbutted tyson that fight... LOL!

PlayaLarga
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PlayaLarga » July 19th, 2005, 7:42 am

I remember Akebono's asss got whooped by bob sapp.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 19th, 2005, 8:18 am

Ancient Tribes of America wrote:Yeah. K-1 is so much better. U talkin about Bob Sapp??? that guy looks like a fuccin monster. Its so hard to find K-1 on TV anywhere tho... u kno wuts up with that... if u know of a clip anywhere on the internet with Bob Sapp vs. Remy, I'd appreciate it greatly...

between Akebono and Choi, I gotta go with Choi Hong Man. LOL! I HAVE to see the white announcer give him his props...

damm! I just read Mike Tyson signed with K-1 last year...I think im the only guy in the only guy in the world that thinks tyson was justified biting holyfields ear... i watched the tape a coupla times, and i counted over 30 times Holyfield headbutted tyson that fight... LOL!
Yeah I was talkin about Bob Sapp. I think I remember seeing Bob Sapp get treated like a 400 pound bitch by a Bonjasky on Bonjasky's highlight reel, that would be on his site: remybonjasky.com. Check in the media section.

And about Mike Tyson, yeah... it ain't like he wanted to bite his face. Holyfield was playing the church boy role and even though he was fighting dirty all eyes were on Tyson cause of his rep.

never die inside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by never die inside » July 19th, 2005, 5:41 pm

hoo damm... i just saw the Remy clip. He is one bad ass mofo. That knee looks deadly...

its pretty sweet... he'll run up that knee on ya face, and if u move, he'll extend his leg and kick ur face... and he got enough skillz to perfect that move...

hahahaha... fuccin unstoppable shiet... how do u escape that shiet??? good punching skills too... but his kicks are deadly as hell....

NoPeace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NoPeace » July 22nd, 2005, 3:37 pm

the ground fighting in ufc isnt just two dudes hugging. its way more technical and strategic then that. im involved in the mixed martial arts stuff and shit gets hectic. standup fighting just like k1, except you have the option of taking it to the ground and choking a dude out, breaking his arm or ankle, or just hammering his face with elbows and fists. its raw.

AcmeWhiteBread
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AcmeWhiteBread » July 24th, 2005, 8:27 pm

I agree as a spectator BJJ is not so exciting to watch. K-1 is better for watching. Bit in the street Thai Boxing and groung fighting are both good skills.

Return to “All Sports Talk”