The Reason For The Season

Religion is probably the biggest divider in world history, but for those that believe in God it is central to our existence. Share your views.
'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » December 24th, 2006, 1:47 pm

D. James

Christmastime is here... I thought it appropriate to examine the season and the reason for the season.

First, let’s take a look at who believes in God.

According to a survey conducted by Harris Interactive, ten per cent of Protestants, twenty-one per cent of Roman Catholics and fifty-two per cent of Jews do not believe in God. Surprised? Well, there’s more that may also shock you.

Eighty-four per cent of women believe in God, while only seventy-three per cent of men do.

In terms of education and faith, eighty-two per cent of those with no college education believe in God, while only seventy-three per cent of those who went to college have faith.

Eighty-seven per cent of Republicans believe, while seventy-eight per cent of Democrats and seventy-five per cent of Independents have faith.

When it comes to race, guess who has the greatest faith? African Americans lead the faithful at ninety-one per cent, while eighty-one per cent of Hispanics and only seventy-eight per cent of whites have faith.

That brings us back to the holiday season. Many people do not believe in God and yet they celebrate Christmas. Still, others believe in God, but do not believe in Jesus Christ and yet, they too, celebrate Christmas.

The season has come to symbolize much more than the Christian holiday it originally was. It is now a season—a season of love and giving, a season of understanding and a season of peace and kindness.

Such a powerful season should have a powerful impact on people, particularly men and women who claim to love and believe in Jesus Christ, who, incidentally, was not a Christian, but a Hebrew.

My point? Well, it’s rather simple. As a man of God, I am at once disgusted and saddened by the lunatics and overbearing heretics who claim to represent God and who claim to know Jesus (Yahshua, the Black revolutionary).

As a scholar, I already know that they have more than likely never read the bible for themselves or studied history and therefore, have no real clue as to the reality of Jesus of Nazareth.

If you really read the bible, then you will know that Jesus was not trying to convince people to worship within any religion, and he certainly wasn’t trying to push people to worship him. If you claim to aspire to be like Jesus, you should realize that you only do that when you are tolerant of other belief systems.

Knowledge of the bible and of history will reveal that what Jesus was trying to deliver to other humans, more than anything else, was an understanding of conscious evolution, which means that he had mastered the power of critical thinking.

What would Jesus do? Well, he wouldn’t be hating people because they hold divergent faiths. Believe that.

In organizations such as the Green Beret, the slogan goes, “Many are called but few are chosen.” Such is also the case with universal conscious evolution.

Jesus states in Matthew 7:14: “Strait is the gate and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.”

Jesus is saying that “narrow is the way,” and “few there be that find it,” which means that the true path will not be followed by the majority. In other words, whatever is popular, is more than likely NOT the correct path. Also, by saying “few there be that find it,” Jesus is illustrating that the path is not a mass pursuit, but that each individual should determine for self the way which “leadeth unto life.”

As A HEBREW HIMSELF, Jesus advocated for intrinsic spiritual enlightenment and conscious evolution, not blind and exclusionary participation in any one religion. Also, like many other prophets and revolutionaries, Jesus was not very popular during his time, and neither were his doctrines.

Remember, Jesus was not a Christian, and promoted only love for humanity and for his father, God, not for any religion. Christianity was manufactured following his murder at the hands of crazed religious zealots, who curiously, were promoting THEIR religious beliefs when they killed him.

Please allow me to quote three immortal thinkers:

According to Mark Twain, "If Christ were here there is one thing he would not be...a Christian."

"There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread," said Mahatma Ghandi.

And, finally, from the new school of conscious evolution and critical thinking, Darryl James preaches that "There are perhaps more atheists created from the unwitting repulsion generated by religious zealots than the careful work of the devil himself."

The conscious evolution promoted by Jesus, Mohammed and other historical visionaries allows humans to transcend the clannishness of religions in order to focus on the universal love found in the true Kingdom of God.

There is no evolution in promoting one religion over another. If all paths lead to God, then your path is as valid as my own, unless of course, you have spoken directly to God--in which case, you are either delusional, a prophet, or full of crap.

Religion, faith and spirituality are individual pursuits that are very elusive in their purity. There is no evolution in pushing the same vapid thoughts to the masses without critical thinking and a historical perspective.

Take that into consideration the next time you send out your insipid Jesus emails or otherwise deliver such messages unwarranted without a care in the world for your brethren who did not ask for them.

How mean spirited and witless to continue to flood the masses with information that you yourself more than likely don’t really understand.

This Christmas season, spread love, spread holiday cheer and spread the spirit of giving and sharing, which does not mean jamming your religion down the throats of the masses.

Quite frankly, in doing so, you are moving away from the conscious evolution pursued by Jesus of Nazareth, and are therefore, DANCING WITH THE DEVIL.

Nevertheless, our God has given you the freedom to do so, just as Hitler, the slave masters, and the warmongering leaders of this nation were allowed to make their own choices on God’s green earth.

Just don’t lie and claim to do it in the name of Jesus.

Happy Holidays!

:arrow:

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 24th, 2006, 4:08 pm

Remember, Jesus was not a Christian, and promoted only love for humanity and for his father, God, not for any religion. Christianity was manufactured following his murder at the hands of crazed religious zealots, who curiously, were promoting THEIR religious beliefs when they killed him.

Some of the realist shit I ever heard in my life.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 24th, 2006, 4:26 pm

It's funny to me tho, because most people who claim they are 'saved' and they are Christian, will be cast to hell with Lucifer.

johnnny
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by johnnny » December 24th, 2006, 9:10 pm

Blakk guess what?????, i agree

worldwide
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by worldwide » December 25th, 2006, 3:36 pm

X quite an interesting point, im sure you realize 70% of people who read, or read your post wont have "a clue" as to what your talking about.

I agree if Jesus is the reason for the season then why dont we, give in his name instead of jolly old st nick

alot of the educated non believers cant phathom how the spirit defy the odds of our natural being

one thing left out is that christ preached to all levels of intellect.

it's easy to be educated an put together a philisofical point, from research
ur knowledge but i believe it's harder to get put it to a universal understading.

jesus is the Christ, and those who chose to follow His way proclaim themselves to be christians.

a lot of people dont understand that God put Himself into the flesh and became what He never had been, human.

a lot of people choose to believe no further than what they were taught.
with so many false prophets and religious rederrick, many have an will fall by the wayside.

a true christian is about steppin out on faith, believing and not seeing,
doin the works of Christ.

Jesus was was killed by religious folk, becaus it was his sole purpose for
coming into this world but those religious folk who lived by the old testement, didnt even recognize that he was the one to come.

albeit everytime they brought debate to Him, He reffered to the old testement.

the world has effected the church more so, than the church effecting the world as it should.
meaning christmas which is a pagan holiday, and cannot be found in the bible, is used by the world to take away the true meaning of the season.

i find it ironic that alot of churches vote the pastor into the pulpit, they should ask a shepard how many of his sheep say when he can and cannot lead them!!!

i've still have yet to see any prophet in the bible put over Gods children that was not called and ordained.

God bless you all and consider the The season for what reason.

X i commend you!!!

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » December 26th, 2006, 7:13 am

Some of the realist shit I ever heard in my life.
I agree, they are also away of businesses making a lot of money!

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 28th, 2006, 5:21 pm

Christianity was manufactured following his murder at the hands of crazed religious zealots, who curiously, were promoting THEIR religious beliefs when they killed him.
What do you call the persecuted who fled to live in underground catacombs and tunnels to escape persecution from the Romans?

Saul was one of those who arrested Christians before he become on himself, and he started many of the churchs. He is also the first to make Chrisitianity really distinct as a religion in the world

No, what you speak of is not Christianity, but IMPERIAL CONTROL.

What you speak of is the so-called Christians under Constantine (who himself never converted to Christianity until just before his death, AFTER he used the name of Christianity to rise to power) and other emporers, and the Romanization of Christianity, not Christianity itself.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 28th, 2006, 6:21 pm

BlaKK wrote:It's funny to me tho, because most people who claim they are 'saved' and they are Christian, will be cast to hell with Lucifer.
Either that or San Quentin or Rikers Island

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 28th, 2006, 6:24 pm

Nah San Quentin is Heaven compare to where most will dwell.

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Oak Cliff

Unread post by Aquafresh » December 29th, 2006, 6:25 pm

I read this & started laughing. I'm not gon' get into an argument or even try hard to prove a point, 'cause it's pointles; but, that "Jesus was not a Christian," really tripped me out.

Of course Jesus was not a Christian. Christianity is all about Jesus being the Messiah & his death & resurrection bringing believers back in communion with the Father; therefore, once Christ (Jesus) fulfilled his duty, the word "Christianity" came about.

"Christian," when it really boils down to it, is just a word. I'M A BELIEVER!! PERIOD POINT BLANK. "Christianity" is more like a word some cat came up with to "sum up" what BELIEVRS place their FAITH in.

I give "gifts" & show love in His (Jesus) name on Christmas & EVERYDAY, because:

1. When Christ was born the wiseman brought "gifts."
2. When Christ died for my sins he gave the GREATEST gift of all & showed the GREATEST act of love.

dutch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dutch » December 30th, 2006, 2:41 am

+1

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » January 5th, 2007, 1:59 am

Aquafresh wrote:I read this & started laughing. I'm not gon' get into an argument or even try hard to prove a point, 'cause it's pointles; but, that "Jesus was not a Christian," really tripped me out.

Of course Jesus was not a Christian. Christianity is all about Jesus being the Messiah & his death & resurrection bringing believers back in communion with the Father; therefore, once Christ (Jesus) fulfilled his duty, the word "Christianity" came about.

"Christian," when it really boils down to it, is just a word. I'M A BELIEVER!! PERIOD POINT BLANK. "Christianity" is more like a word some cat came up with to "sum up" what BELIEVRS place their FAITH in.

I give "gifts" & show love in His (Jesus) name on Christmas & EVERYDAY, because:

1. When Christ was born the wiseman brought "gifts."
2. When Christ died for my sins he gave the GREATEST gift of all & showed the GREATEST act of love.
interesting

Return to “Religious Thought”