Greek Mythology?

Religion is probably the biggest divider in world history, but for those that believe in God it is central to our existence. Share your views.
bluecollar
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Greek Mythology?

Unread post by bluecollar » April 7th, 2004, 8:31 pm

If you haven't taken notice. I am staunch non-believer of established religions that are ever present around our spheres of influence. Although I am not a PH.D in theology, I have read influential documentation and view points that are worldly. Also, I haven't read the entire bible, I dare not absorb its messages nor do I care for its ubiquitious nature. However, the bible has value in a certain light. I see of it as a history of man that should only be read with a meticulous eye. Why, may you ask? Because if someone told you "give me all your money because God says so" you would instantly understand that this "someone" is playing you for a fool. Although I cringe when literature is used to exaggerate the truth, it does occur quite frequently in many texts throughout our world.

Anyways . . . to the subject at hand ->

Panik wrote:The reason I don't believe is that when you actually look at all religions, there is no logical reason to think one is more true than another. Christianity is no more "believable" that greek mythology.

It is very hypocritical to say that what the Greeks and Romans believed (before Catholicism) was "mythology." To those individuals who attempt to pacify different viewpoints, they attempt to purpose that "God" is really the true "faith" in all religions in the many different ways i.e. that there is truly only one "God" even though, for example, Hinduism is polytheistic. I say that this is wrong. The Greeks believed in Zeus the same as a christian today would believe in God. Labeling other's religions does more than just add an invalid title but shines true ignorance on oneself.

with regards,

bluecollar

Return to “Religious Thought”