Islamic Beliefs

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
SouLja4LyFe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Islamic Beliefs

Unread post by SouLja4LyFe » June 6th, 2004, 12:47 pm

This also one of the religions I want to look into, I dont really kno if its rite for me because it has its own bible, not the real bible correct? N I dont believe that there is 2 bibles, juss one, with one set of words, one set of meannig, one set of beliefs. One of these religion, out of all the thousands there probly are. only one is correct and is gonna get u into heaven, thats my point of view. Im tryn find out which one it is. Please post any and all facts about the Islamic religion for me here.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Re: Islamic Beliefs

Unread post by 'X' » June 6th, 2004, 2:53 pm

BROTHER, BROTHER, BROTHER....although I am very new in my development in my faith of Islam, I believe I have learned some things on my journey. I do believe that this is not the site you should try to learn about Islam, because You will get to many opinions on here. I hope you can hit me on the pm option and we can discuss Islam a little more. But I want to comment on some thing said. You said Islam has it's own bible? Brother, do you believe in the prophets before Jesus? Moses, Abraham, etc..etc(PBUT)? Do you believe in the one whom Jesus says will come after him? Brother, you can't discredit God's prophets, they all came with a very important word. Brother you must know the history of the bible, you must know who authored the bible you have. Are those God's words?
I can prove that the bible has been tampered with!!! Brother, when you make a decision like you want to know God, you should want to know the exact truth, because this is something that you will teach your babies one day. STUDY, STUDY, STUDY your HISTORY!!! It will take you right to the truth of God. When you set out to learn about baptism, christianity, and others, you can olnly go so far back. Brother, our history goes back millions, and millions of years!!! Don't cheat yourself, learn about who you are!!! We are made in the image and likeness of Allah(God)... Look up image and likeness and see what they mean. God says we are made in HIS image and likeness!!! That is so powerful when you understand it.
Don't let the different views on this site that WILL come, confuse you, read for yourself, ask qualified people the things you don't know.
REPARATIONS NOW!!!!

P.S.
I commend and admire you for wanting to seek God, you have took the first step already.
D.X
Last edited by 'X' on June 6th, 2004, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 6th, 2004, 4:10 pm

i think there are stong arguments for the tampering of all bokks considered divine, including the Bible, Torah, Book of Mormon, the Bahai Faith's sacred writings, the Sacred Books of Hinduism, and the Koran (many others ofcourse). It all depends on your perspective because there is no such thing as pure objectivity. We all have our own biases.

I look at all these books and see which ones stands the test of time, longevity, consistency, accuracy and inspiration. And additionanlly the archeologic record has added much to say about the past and what information we can more reliably trust.

I would encourage anyone looking for truth to see what the archeology says about the past...it is an excellent indicator to accuracy.

SouLja4LyFe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouLja4LyFe » June 6th, 2004, 9:37 pm

thnx alonso.

ablackmanlookin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ablackmanlookin » June 7th, 2004, 11:29 am

alonso wrote:i think there are stong arguments for the tampering of all bokks considered divine, including the Bible, Torah, Book of Mormon, the Bahai Faith's sacred writings, the Sacred Books of Hinduism, and the Koran (many others ofcourse). It all depends on your perspective because there is no such thing as pure objectivity. We all have our own biases.

I look at all these books and see which ones stands the test of time, longevity, consistency, accuracy and inspiration. And additionanlly the archeologic record has added much to say about the past and what information we can more reliably trust.

I would encourage anyone looking for truth to see what the archeology says about the past...it is an excellent indicator to accuracy.
Alonso you have some valid points but then again I asked how can u say what their saying is the truth? History has been twisted by Wicked people to justified their beliefs. I had debates with college professors about this because How can u criticize Jesus, Moses, and Muhammad for what people wrote and change about their lives. One mistake that a lot of people make period they dont study for themselves and go by what others say. I love studying and reading for myself because that help me grow in knowledge.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » June 7th, 2004, 12:32 pm

As Salaam Alaikum.....ablackmanlookin

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 8th, 2004, 2:23 am

Just like any thing else, you have to verify, check and double check. Like when someone tells me something about a gang that i did not know, i give them the benefit of the doubt, but i also go to that barrio to double check and verify the info so that i can be more comfortable about its reliability.

You can take the Dead Sea Scrolls as an example, in the lae 1940s there were many skeptics, as I would have been if I was around during that time, but 50 years later, with verification, more studies and cross referencing that information with other info, the skeptic population has become smaller and smaller over the last 50 years. But they still exists.

Just like the notion of the Earth being flat. Many people challenged that notion for centuries, and many cultures had figured that out a long time ago, but the earth being round was not widely accepted until the 15th Century, but there are still skeptics. The flatlanders based in Nevada advocate that the earth is flat. I think they are idiots and represent those "wicked" people that teach and spread lies.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » June 8th, 2004, 9:47 am

I don't believe in God. But, the (jews, christians, muslims)Torah, the Bible, and the Koran are all basically different takes on the same thing, and if you believe in that god, then you should really read them all. They all believe in the same god, they for the most part believe in the same course of events, just with different views. They all agree that Jesus existed. Jews thinks he was just a man, christians that he was the sun of god, and muslims that he was a prophet like moses. And, there are books included in the Koran that were originally taught to christians in the early days of the church, but were later discarded. There are stories in the Koran that relate to his childhood, something that is completely missing from the bible. But the Koran also leaves out many other writings. Basically becasue even when all of this went down everyone had their own opinion. There weren't even 2 people that agreed totaly on anything. You need to read all three books, along with whatever of the dead sea scrolls you can get your hands on, as well as some other scrolls (can't remember what they call them) that were written just after jesus died and where found like 40 years ago in Egypt. You will find that there are at least 10 sides to the story, but by reading them all you can see where there are all points that are basically agreed on, and you can better judge for yourself if you believe, and what version. Do not just belive what someone in you church or temple tells you without at least seeing the other sides piont of view. This should be the case in anything that you want to really know about, not just religion. Just remember, before the christian church really got organized, the original followers of jesus read and believed many of these writings as truth. It was only after the rise of the organized church in Rome that they started to pick and choose what a REAL christian should and shouldn't be able to read. That is when christians became less followers of any possible truth that may have been out there, and more followers of what Rome, and other powerful church leaders wanted them to believe based on their own views hundreds of years after the fact

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » June 8th, 2004, 12:37 pm

I WILL KEEP SAYING STUDY, STUDY, STUDY "HISTORY", IT WILL TAKE YOU RIGHT TO THE TRUTH AND REALITY OF GOD!!!!

SUPPORT REPARATIONS!!!!

D.X

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » June 8th, 2004, 12:50 pm

exactly what I said. But reparation from who and to who? You are aware that muslims killed and enslaved quite a few africans in their time? And continue to practice slavery in some parts of africa. There is a string on reperations already. check it out.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » June 8th, 2004, 12:54 pm

STUDY, STUDY, STUDY YOUR HISTORY, THE ANSWERS ARE THERE!!!!

SUPPORT REPARATIONS!!!!

D.X

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » June 8th, 2004, 12:55 pm

I guess you stutter when you type? same post as before.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » June 8th, 2004, 1:04 pm

STUDY, STUDY, STUDY, ...ALL BS ASIDE...JUST STUDY AND YOU WILL WALK RIGHT INTO THE TRUTH!!!

ONE LOVE.

SUPPORT REPARATIONS!!!!

D.X

ablackmanlookin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ablackmanlookin » June 8th, 2004, 2:12 pm

Panik wrote:exactly what I said. But reparation from who and to who? You are aware that muslims killed and enslaved quite a few africans in their time? And continue to practice slavery in some parts of africa. There is a string on reperations already. check it out.
Reparations from The US Goverment for its treatment of Blacks during Slavery, and afterwards. Yes I know about Muslims involvment in the Slave trade so your not telling me nonething new.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » June 8th, 2004, 2:21 pm

like I said, there is a string for reperations, do a search. It was done to death already.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 8th, 2004, 3:10 pm

Panik wrote:exactly what I said. But reparation from who and to who? You are aware that muslims killed and enslaved quite a few africans in their time? And continue to practice slavery in some parts of africa. There is a string on reperations already. check it out.
You are correct Panik, long before the Portuguese began the European slave trade in the 1400s, the Arabs had already mastered slavery, and are the first to mass enslave. I didn't say they are the first to enslave, but to do it on a mass scale they are.

From about 700 to about 1900 the Arabs practiced the slave trade under the banner of Islam and it is still practice today in the Sudan. There are 2 great books that discuss this history in much detail, Slavery in East Africa, and Slavery in the Arab World by Murray Gordon.

Alot of muslims will tell you that they changed their name to an Arabic name to strip themselves from the European name that they inherited from the US slavery practices and to have a more African name, but in actuality people who do that are trading one slave name for another slave name.

If you want an African name do what the president of the NAACP did when he changed his name from Frizzell Gray to Kweisi Mfume, a west African name. Other great African names, Kofi Annon, head of the UN, Mandella, Shaka Zulu.

But just as DX said, study. It's important.

Hedistyle

Unread post by Hedistyle » June 17th, 2004, 4:39 am

I'm a muslim and i just want to say:

Islam belive and the old religion Judaism and christianism..

the Koran is just a confimation of the Torah and Bible and a message of peace, love and fraternity.

When we see some terrosit like al quaida and others.. do terrosit attacks it's NOT ISLAM!!

You have just to read the Koran for find a answer to your questions in Islam.

Islam can you put you on good direction, ALLAH is god of all people of the world we have just differents stuff to do for being in a religion or an other

There are just one god

I find a link who speaks about veracity of Islam and Koran...

I'll sent you soon

Peace

kyh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kyh » June 17th, 2004, 10:17 pm

Ive read a few book bout Islamic beleifes and I was raised to be a Lutheran but Ive lately been questioning the religion and tryin to find otha ones that mite fit mem better. But the one thing Im always thinkin is, how do I kno which religion is God's tru words and only, nuttin added?? Every religion has their own views, so how doI know exactly whats best and real?

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » June 28th, 2004, 10:22 am

Even if the bible, torah, koran were all originally gods word (and this is arguable), none of them exist in their original form. We do not have the 1st draft, so everything you read no matter what religion you're talking about at best just closely resembles the original, and therfore cannot be word for word the word of god. There are human additions, subtractions, mistakes, and errors in translation.

DrAsTiC 1
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DrAsTiC 1 » June 30th, 2004, 9:59 pm

I believe that there is one form of God's word (the bible in my opinion) and that some of the meaning was lost from the time we translated it from the originall version to English today.

Alotta religions' history dont add up in the end. You have to understand the past to understand the present yall so do your studies.

DrAsTiC 1
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DrAsTiC 1 » June 30th, 2004, 9:59 pm

I believe that there is one form of God's word (the bible in my opinion) and that some of the meaning was lost from the time we translated it from the originall version to English today.

Alotta religions' history dont add up in the end. You have to understand the past to understand the present yall so do your studies.

D33Q
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by D33Q » December 10th, 2004, 2:51 pm

this is a good site bout islam...it has so many links which, if u lookin fo an answer, to answer fo u

http://www.islamworld.net