Rastafarianism

Religion is probably the biggest divider in world history, but for those that believe in God it is central to our existence. Share your views.
Post Reply
User avatar
sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 302
Joined: November 12th, 2003, 2:17 pm

Rastafarianism

Unread post by sexy365 » July 18th, 2004, 1:20 pm

The only religion that allows the use of ganja! What do you think.

User avatar
Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1171
Joined: July 1st, 2004, 10:03 am

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by Kemosave » July 19th, 2004, 11:00 am

As Cashmore has observed, "The belief system of Ras Tafari was so vague and loosely defined, even at its inception, due to its lack of a single authoritative voice, that what was to be acceptable doctrine was largely a matter of individual interpretation" (Rastaman, p. 7).

Early in the history of the movement, Leonard Howell gave the Rastafarians six principles:

1. Hatred for the White race
2. The complete superiority of the Black race
3. Revenge on Whites for their wickedness
4. The negation, persecution, and humiliation of the government and legal bodies of Jamaica
5. Preparation to go back to Africa
6. Acknowledging Emperor Haile Selassie as the Supreme Being and only ruler of Black people" (The Rastafarians, p. 85). As Barrett notes, "This first glimpse of the new doctrine that launched the Rastafarian movement has not changed significantly over the years" (Ibid).

Aside from these six principles are two overriding concepts that are key to the Rastafarian system.

First is the idea or teaching about Babylon which refers to the Jamaican government, the establishment or the white oppressors in general (Ibid, pp. xiii, 3, 89).

The second concept is that of I and I which has "become arguably the most important theoretical tool apart from the Babylonian conspiracy in the Rastafarian repertoire" (Rastaman, p. 66). Cashmore explains, "I and I is an expression to totalize the concept of oneness. `I and I' as being the oneness of two persons. So God is within all of us and we're one people in fact. `I and I means that God is in all men. The bond of Ras Tafari is the bond of God, of man. But man itself needs a head and the head of man is His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie of Ethiopia'" (Ibid, p. 67).

Other doctrines which are more loosely taught and believed by the Rastafarians are the following:

1) Rastafarians have a doctrine of avatar which is very similar to Hinduism. They believe, "God revealed himself in the person of Moses, who was the first avatar or savior. The second avatar was Elijah. The Third avatar was Jesus Christ. Now the advent of Ras Tafari is the climax of God's revelation" (The Rastafarians, p. 112). They even teach that Jesus predicted the coming of Haile Selassie (Ibid, p. 106).

2) The devil is actually the god of the White man (Ibid, p. 108).

3) As with many new religious movements, the Rastafarians only accept the Bible conditionally preferring those passages that can be forced to harmonize with their unique doctrines. "Rastas accept the Bible as their central text with the proviso that much of its original material had been deliberately distorted during its translation into English. It is necessary, therefore, to interpret the Bible as critically as possible and recognize the aspects of it which might have been flushed out, included or altered in meaning." Further, they prefer an allegorical approach to Bible interpretation claiming that the pages of Scripture should be searched for "hidden meanings and directives" (Rastaman, p. 74).

4) Women's role in the Rastafarian movement is at best a subordinate one (Ibid, p. 78).

5) A physical feature that sets the Rastafarians apart from all other groups is the wearing of their hair in dreadlocks. "Dreadlocks were inspired by a biblical injunction against the cutting of one's hair" (Magical Blend, June/July 1994, p. 76).

6) Another commonly held belief among the Rastafarians is their emphasis on the smoking of marijuana. "Likewise, ganga or marijuana is considered to be the `holy herb' mentioned in the Bible and its smoking is a holy sacrament to many" (Ibid, June/July 1994, p. 76). As Barrett explains, through the use of ganga, the Rastafarian reaches an altered state of consciousness. In this altered state, "the revelation that Haile Selassie is God and that Ethiopia is the home of the Black" is realized. "The herb is the key to new understanding of the self, the universe, and God. It is the vehicle to cosmic consciousness" (The Rastafarians, pp. 254-255).

7) In line with their idea of being the supreme race, the Rastafarians also believe that they "1/4were the reincarnations of the ancient tribes of Israel who had been enslaved and kept in exile by their white oppressors, the agents of Babylon" (Rastaman, p. 129)

8) True Rastafarians are also vegetarians (The Rastafarians, p. 126).

As with many other groups which selectively acknowledge biblical passages, the Rastafarians will only accept those parts of the Bible which appear to agree with their unique theological perspectives. However, the following verses may be of some help to leading them into truth and away from the made up belief system they cling to.

1) Haile Selassie is not the latest avatar of God, for Jesus was the fullness of God. John 1:16; Eph. 1:20-23; Col. 1:19, 2:9.

2) No race is superior to any other race. Gal. 3:28; Col. 3:11.

3) While it is true that the Bible does have meanings on various levels of interpretation, it is not a concealed book. Also, it is not a book that can be selectively believed. Rom. 15:4; 2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20.

4) The Rastafarian's view of Jesus being only one of several "avatars" depreciates Christ's unique claims to deity and His role as sole mediator between God and man. John 8:58; Acts 4:12; 1Tim. 2:5.

User avatar
sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 302
Joined: November 12th, 2003, 2:17 pm

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by sexy365 » July 19th, 2004, 1:37 pm

But You still Haven't said what you think of it, and a little word of advice don't believe everything that you read. Because even books have type inaccurate information. Rastafarianism dosen't seem to be a bad religion. They only eat ital food, they openly smoke ganja, but not for the reasons most use it for they use it for meditation reasons, they don't believe in cutting the hair. And the holy piby is a great book.

User avatar
Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1171
Joined: July 1st, 2004, 10:03 am

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by Kemosave » July 19th, 2004, 2:11 pm

How you think, perceive, or feel about real truth or a real fact does not change what it, in reality, actually is. A real truth or fact can be viewed as a real object with real properties. As those who desire to know real truth or a specific fact gain and qualify information regarding same, they are in a much better position to make critical real decisions and statements concerning same than say.. someone raised in an environment of relativism who relies primarily on their feelings and limited life experience believing that a past historical fact (for example) can somehow change what it was to conform to how that person wants it to be (which is nonsense). The reality is that a real historical fact cannot change what it was. The object of this discussion is not to express how you feel about Rastafarianism but to discuss what it really is.

If you want to live a lie or put your faith in a belief system that is false for whatever reason (be it lack of knowledge/understanding, it offers you an eased conscience to practice what you want to practice, it offends you that real truth may exist and not everyone is right, etc.. etc..), you can choose to do that. But if you do that, then I'm not addressing you for there would be no benefit to doing so as you will have already made your decision. I am speaking to people who want to know the truth, examine the facts, and gain a better understanding of reality.

ablackmanlookin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 401
Joined: January 18th, 2004, 9:01 am

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by ablackmanlookin » July 19th, 2004, 2:50 pm

Kemosave wrote:How you think, perceive, or feel about real truth or a real fact does not change what it, in reality, actually is. A real truth or fact can be viewed as a real object with real properties. As those who desire to know real truth or a specific fact gain and qualify information regarding same, they are in a much better position to make critical real decisions and statements concerning same than say.. someone raised in an environment of relativism who relies primarily on their feelings and limited life experience believing that a past historical fact (for example) can somehow change what it was to conform to how that person wants it to be (which is nonsense). The reality is that a real historical fact cannot change what it was. The object of this discussion is not to express how you feel about Rastafarianism but to discuss what it really is.

If you want to live a lie or put your faith in a belief system that is false for whatever reason (be it lack of knowledge/understanding, it offers you an eased conscience to practice what you want to practice, it offends you that real truth may exist and not everyone is right, etc.. etc..), you can choose to do that. But if you do that, then I'm not addressing you for there would be no benefit to doing so as you will have already made your decision. I am speaking to people who want to know the truth, examine the facts, and gain a better understanding of reality.

I'm very curious whats your religion? If I was a betting man I would say Christianity. Christians for the most part are always arrogant telling other people their beliefs are wrong and truth is truth. These same people are basing their views on what they read and never open to hear other views. The more I observe on this site its become clear this site is very Anti Islam. People are basing their views on books written by people who are Anti Islam but fail to read when Muslims write a response. I don't judge or argue over religious beliefs because no matter what is said people are going to contiune to believe what they want to believe. I find it amusing how people can come on here and bang on other religious and call for theit death. But when gang members come on here and set trip they get ban. Whats sup with that? Religious people arent no diffrent then Gang members they do the same shit. Lastly I can't stand those types act like they cool with your religion but then turns around and make attack against it. I respect a man thats upfront then those cowards that stick the knife deep in your back.

User avatar
sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 302
Joined: November 12th, 2003, 2:17 pm

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by sexy365 » July 19th, 2004, 3:41 pm

Thank you my brother!

User avatar
Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1171
Joined: July 1st, 2004, 10:03 am

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by Kemosave » July 19th, 2004, 5:26 pm

ablackmanlooking, you have made a generalized subjective statement about Christians that in no way addresses the belief system under discussion in this thread. If you have a prejudice against Christians you can start a thread on that. It doesn't really belong here.

But to reply to your message, I know many people that have changed their belief systems during the course of their lives. They didn't just wake up one day and decide to believe something different. They engaged in discussions such as these and gained new understanding and insights that led them to make a conscious choice to change their beliefs. In that light, I have to disagree with you that 'arguing' facts (with an eye toward discovering real truth) never causes people to change their position. As I said, I know plenty of people that have changed their beliefs once they learned how to do real research and to examine facts empirically as far as they can.

I do agree with you that all of us should read each other's responses. At least those who honestly care about truth and want to be in a discussion regarding it. You can know that I certainly am. I am reading your response and replying to it right now.

Also, I have to agree 100% with you that calling for the destruction of an entire class of people based purely on race or religion is completely insane, evil, and unacceptable! Put me on record as being totally 100% against that.

With that said, let's get back to the subject at hand of discussing the facts of Rastafarianism and it's history and not how you feel about Christians or Muslims. There are plenty of threads on those already and I agree with you wholeheartedly the ones created for slandering rather than discussion should be DELETED. They serve no positive purpose that I can see at all.

User avatar
sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 302
Joined: November 12th, 2003, 2:17 pm

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by sexy365 » July 19th, 2004, 6:11 pm

yeah that's better!

AcmeWhiteBread
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 741
Joined: February 8th, 2004, 3:49 pm

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by AcmeWhiteBread » July 19th, 2004, 7:01 pm

Hmm, well I always thought it was a cool reason to sit around and get high and do nuttin mon. Hey I been to Hedonism 3 and I can tell ya, at least in my expirience, Rastas were very nice. I rented a little jeep and cruised around was high in 20 minutes! I have been to Africa, you can keep that!
Jamaican Rastas might have been told to hate whitey but I have never seen anyone as high as they get hate anyone.....Maybe we should all just smoke out and get our grub on....

User avatar
sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 302
Joined: November 12th, 2003, 2:17 pm

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by sexy365 » July 19th, 2004, 8:50 pm

But they don't smoke to get high!, they smoke ganja for meditation, and it cures common colds, and it is a very good ingredient for many meals and teas. Getting high is the last thing that's on the mind of a true rastafarian.

AcmeWhiteBread
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 741
Joined: February 8th, 2004, 3:49 pm

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by AcmeWhiteBread » July 19th, 2004, 9:19 pm

Girl that might be the myth they want to portray, but I can use the word meditation or the word buzzin...Its semantics and a way to make getting stoned sound more legit. Hey I got no problem with it! Puff Puff Give...!

User avatar
sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 302
Joined: November 12th, 2003, 2:17 pm

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by sexy365 » July 20th, 2004, 9:31 am

Alright if you want to believe that it's alright, I really don't have time to argue back and forth.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4115
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by Lonewolf » July 20th, 2004, 1:18 pm

It's a trip how Sexy comes up on topics and throws her feel on things, but whenever someone disagrees, it's an argument that she wont tolerate. I'm sorry Sexy but you need to chill out and learn to go with the flow a lil' - relax and make your points, but remember wether it is Islam, Celtics, Norse, Nestorians, Greco-Roman, Agnostic, Christian, Hebrew, or Rastafarians, how can you get your message accross to "those" that want to hear from your point of knowledge if you don't learn how to teach? And part of teaching incorporates learning to listen to what your students have in their minds, 10-4?

User avatar
sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 302
Joined: November 12th, 2003, 2:17 pm

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by sexy365 » July 20th, 2004, 1:48 pm

I am always willing to listen as well as learn. But I ain't gonna sit up here and read no racist comments and fiction. If I wrong on something like most people are correct me. But there is no need to come on here and speak totally off the topic. Rastafarianism is the topic of discussion anything to say on that i'll listen, but all the other negative things will be looked over.

User avatar
Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1171
Joined: July 1st, 2004, 10:03 am

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by Kemosave » July 20th, 2004, 2:39 pm

Amen lonewolf.

User avatar
TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1064
Joined: January 20th, 2004, 1:19 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA (Windsor Hills section)

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by TheReal » August 3rd, 2004, 1:55 pm

Kemosave wrote:As Cashmore has observed, "The belief system of Ras Tafari was so vague and loosely defined, even at its inception, due to its lack of a single authoritative voice, that what was to be acceptable doctrine was largely a matter of individual interpretation" (Rastaman, p. 7).

Early in the history of the movement, Leonard Howell gave the Rastafarians six principles:

1. Hatred for the White race
2. The complete superiority of the Black race
3. Revenge on Whites for their wickedness
4. The negation, persecution, and humiliation of the government and legal bodies of Jamaica
5. Preparation to go back to Africa
6. Acknowledging Emperor Haile Selassie as the Supreme Being and only ruler of Black people" (The Rastafarians, p. 85). As Barrett notes, "This first glimpse of the new doctrine that launched the Rastafarian movement has not changed significantly over the years" (Ibid).

Aside from these six principles are two overriding concepts that are key to the Rastafarian system.

First is the idea or teaching about Babylon which refers to the Jamaican government, the establishment or the white oppressors in general (Ibid, pp. xiii, 3, 89).

The second concept is that of I and I which has "become arguably the most important theoretical tool apart from the Babylonian conspiracy in the Rastafarian repertoire" (Rastaman, p. 66). Cashmore explains, "I and I is an expression to totalize the concept of oneness. `I and I' as being the oneness of two persons. So God is within all of us and we're one people in fact. `I and I means that God is in all men. The bond of Ras Tafari is the bond of God, of man. But man itself needs a head and the head of man is His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie of Ethiopia'" (Ibid, p. 67).

Other doctrines which are more loosely taught and believed by the Rastafarians are the following:

1) Rastafarians have a doctrine of avatar which is very similar to Hinduism. They believe, "God revealed himself in the person of Moses, who was the first avatar or savior. The second avatar was Elijah. The Third avatar was Jesus Christ. Now the advent of Ras Tafari is the climax of God's revelation" (The Rastafarians, p. 112). They even teach that Jesus predicted the coming of Haile Selassie (Ibid, p. 106).

2) The devil is actually the god of the White man (Ibid, p. 108).

3) As with many new religious movements, the Rastafarians only accept the Bible conditionally preferring those passages that can be forced to harmonize with their unique doctrines. "Rastas accept the Bible as their central text with the proviso that much of its original material had been deliberately distorted during its translation into English. It is necessary, therefore, to interpret the Bible as critically as possible and recognize the aspects of it which might have been flushed out, included or altered in meaning." Further, they prefer an allegorical approach to Bible interpretation claiming that the pages of Scripture should be searched for "hidden meanings and directives" (Rastaman, p. 74).

4) Women's role in the Rastafarian movement is at best a subordinate one (Ibid, p. 78).

5) A physical feature that sets the Rastafarians apart from all other groups is the wearing of their hair in dreadlocks. "Dreadlocks were inspired by a biblical injunction against the cutting of one's hair" (Magical Blend, June/July 1994, p. 76).

6) Another commonly held belief among the Rastafarians is their emphasis on the smoking of marijuana. "Likewise, ganga or marijuana is considered to be the `holy herb' mentioned in the Bible and its smoking is a holy sacrament to many" (Ibid, June/July 1994, p. 76). As Barrett explains, through the use of ganga, the Rastafarian reaches an altered state of consciousness. In this altered state, "the revelation that Haile Selassie is God and that Ethiopia is the home of the Black" is realized. "The herb is the key to new understanding of the self, the universe, and God. It is the vehicle to cosmic consciousness" (The Rastafarians, pp. 254-255).

7) In line with their idea of being the supreme race, the Rastafarians also believe that they "1/4were the reincarnations of the ancient tribes of Israel who had been enslaved and kept in exile by their white oppressors, the agents of Babylon" (Rastaman, p. 129)

8) True Rastafarians are also vegetarians (The Rastafarians, p. 126).

As with many other groups which selectively acknowledge biblical passages, the Rastafarians will only accept those parts of the Bible which appear to agree with their unique theological perspectives. However, the following verses may be of some help to leading them into truth and away from the made up belief system they cling to.

1) Haile Selassie is not the latest avatar of God, for Jesus was the fullness of God. John 1:16; Eph. 1:20-23; Col. 1:19, 2:9.

2) No race is superior to any other race. Gal. 3:28; Col. 3:11.

3) While it is true that the Bible does have meanings on various levels of interpretation, it is not a concealed book. Also, it is not a book that can be selectively believed. Rom. 15:4; 2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20.

4) The Rastafarian's view of Jesus being only one of several "avatars" depreciates Christ's unique claims to deity and His role as sole mediator between God and man. John 8:58; Acts 4:12; 1Tim. 2:5.


*Good information. I myself, well-my religious beliefs are basic christian, nothing really fancy. I believe in the same God of Nat Turner, Harriett Tubman, Henry McNeal Turner: JESUS CHRIST! Mind you, I'm not a loyal follower, nor deep adherent, but if I had to choose a God to serve, it would be Jesus: God in human form.

I know many people disagree with my theology and christology, but hey, it's my belief, and if I'm not hurting you, no one should howl!

User avatar
Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1171
Joined: July 1st, 2004, 10:03 am

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by Kemosave » August 3rd, 2004, 2:33 pm

I strive for factual truth. There are many belief systems and they should ALL be reviewed with that in mind. This is called due diligence and beliefs are important enough to warrant it. Faith based on fact. If a particular belief system proves itself to merit our belief, that is a very good thing. Then we know that we know what we believe and aren't just operating on feelings, subjective experience, and what we were raised to think. Learning to do this should be a part of growing up.

User avatar
lewis503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 268
Joined: August 2nd, 2003, 1:31 am
Location: EastSide 82nd Portland

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by lewis503 » August 10th, 2004, 10:53 pm

I was wondering can you convert to Rastafarianism? And if you can do they except other race's besides blacks?

User avatar
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2631
Joined: January 13th, 2004, 3:54 pm
Location: In your MIND and in your HEART.

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by Common Sense » August 11th, 2004, 12:47 am

sexy365 wrote:But they don't smoke to get high!, they smoke ganja for meditation, and it cures common colds, and it is a very good ingredient for many meals and teas. Getting high is the last thing that's on the mind of a true rastafarian.


If you can find a true rasta. Most are in it to get high. Rastafarians are not looked upon to lightly in the caribbean. Many islanders see them as criminals and antisocials. We think it's all cool...ya mon Bob Marley and all that, but in the caribbean Rasta's are persecuted.

They was a time when the police used to shoot then on sight. Many had to run in the hills or banana plantations for safety.

Most citizens (the bald heads) won't hire or associate themselves with rasta's. They are the outcast of the Islands.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4115
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by Lonewolf » August 11th, 2004, 8:49 am

Kemosave wrote:First is the idea or teaching about Babylon which refers to the Jamaican government, the establishment or the white oppressors in general (Ibid, pp. xiii, 3, 89).

The second concept is that of I and I which has "become arguably the most important theoretical tool apart from the Babylonian conspiracy in the Rastafarian repertoire" (Rastaman, p. 66). Cashmore explains, "I and I is an expression to totalize the concept of oneness. `I and I' as being the oneness of two persons. So God is within all of us and we're one people in fact. `I and I means that God is in all men. The bond of Ras Tafari is the bond of God, of man. But man itself needs a head and the head of man is His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie of Ethiopia'" (Ibid, p. 67).
(1) The overthrowing of the J Gov teaching and using "Babylon" as the keyword in defining that G, sounds a lot to me like the EARLY CHRISTIAN CHURCH in their reference to "Imperial Rome aka: Babylon" whom was the persecutor of the CHURCH. But just like in the Christian belief where Babylon was not just Rome but what it stood for as the tool of the "adversary" to dominate this world and teach falsehoods in opposition to THE LORD'S KINGDOM, and subsequently can be applied to any system in place with the same purpose, therefore the Rastas Babylon has becomed not just the J Gov, but has developed to be G's everywhere especially if white rules (and I'm not just talking Anglos). The Rastas are in a state of civil & spiritual disobediance to the established system of this world. This to me is a misguided copycat of the EARLY CHRISTIAN CHURCH concept teaching.
(2) The I and I is also another fundamental teaching from the CHRISTIAN CHURCH. Did'nt our "LORD JESUS" teach about HIM being one "in and with" the FATHER, did'nt HE teach that we his diciples were "one in HIM, just like HE is one With the FATHER, did'nt he teach about us being part of the body but the body needs a head, and that was HIM, did'nt JESUS teach to love one another, do unto others as you would have done unto you, to be one in mind and spirit, on and on HE teaches about "ONE'NESS". The difference in this is that the head is "JESUS" not Haile, and the I and I is for all whom beleive in the LORD fulfillment of the written word. "not man's teaching & belief". SO IN ESSENCE EVERYTHING THE RASTAS TEACH OR BELEIVE HAS BEEN COPIED FROM ANOTHER FAITH AND TWISTED TO ACCOMODATE THEIR REBELLION AGAINST THE ESTABLISHMENT, THAT IS HOW IS SEE IT.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4115
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by Lonewolf » August 11th, 2004, 9:05 am

Kemosave wrote:I strive for factual truth. There are many belief systems and they should ALL be reviewed with that in mind. This is called due diligence and beliefs are important enough to warrant it. Faith based on fact. If a particular belief system proves itself to merit our belief, that is a very good thing. Then we know that we know what we believe and aren't just operating on feelings, subjective experience, and what we were raised to think. Learning to do this should be a part of growing up.
In your Heart you know what is right, with your eyes you can see beyond skin & flesh to the underlying essence of a man, with your ears you can discern truth & false, with your hands you can feel creation, with your mouth you can express all these things, with your mind you can be a creator, "with your spirit YOU CAN TOUCH THE LIVING GOD" knocking on your door. FOR WHAT WOULD A MAN GAIN IF HE GAINED THE WHOLE WORLD BUT LOST HIS SOUL. Is not all what you can see, feel or hear, It's a combination of all in communion with the SPIRIT of THRUTH. You can dwell in teachings all of your life from left and right, but you already have the knowledge at your doorstep, you only need to answer the door.

urban-souljah
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: April 5th, 2005, 2:42 pm
Location: middlesbrough TS3

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by urban-souljah » April 15th, 2005, 12:21 pm

first of rasta isnt a religion or a belief rasta is a truth if you believe something it means you arnt 100 sure this is a way of life thats it ,also you cant just become a rasta if your a rasta youve allways been a rasta its not like something you sighn up for also rasta not hate no white people rasta only have love in ini heart its like this man originated from africa (ethiopia)
this is mans birth place so there fore every man is a african decendant one day all africans will return home (every race colour creed) that is if what comes out of ini mouth and lays in ini heart is love truth and respect if so youll be blessed with eternal life and return to h.i.m

praises in his name jah rastafaria

User avatar
NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 873
Joined: December 23rd, 2004, 11:11 am
Location: England

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by NW10 » April 23rd, 2005, 4:57 am

I live in a Jamaican community and in my local reggae club whenever my friend (must be the white equivalent of Blakk cos he loves his reggae and Bob Marley etc) asks Jamaicans there view on Rastafarianism they all say its a load of wank, rubbish, BS.

One guy, the funniest Jamaican i ever met, told me a story about Haille Cellasiai. Driving round Ethiopia and chucking everyone food from his BMW. lmao

Does anyone know what stroy he was tryin to tell me?

urban-souljah
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: April 5th, 2005, 2:42 pm
Location: middlesbrough TS3

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by urban-souljah » April 26th, 2005, 3:06 pm

When JAH created everything in life, everything he created was with a thought, and it is through his thoughts, that he created man in his own image, making him most supreme of his creation.

Man is made up of mind, body, and soul, where JAH made him as lord of his creation. That he may govern the earth in righteousness and truth, that being created with the mind of JAH, we in the flesh, will perfect his thoughts, so that his thoughts will be manifested.

With the mind of JAH, Moses was able to great things and perfects them through following the instructions of JAH, which is the voice of the soul were JAH talks to man.

King Solomon, as a youth, asked JAH for wisdom, Knowledge, and Overstanding. And with these principles, he will govern over everything in life, outside of himself, with the mind of JAH. Within the wisdom of JAH, we are yet to learn the hidden things in life. That through his wisdom, we would learn the greater things in life, because it is within the wisdom of JAH were one will find perfection.



The knowledge of this wisdom of JAH teaches us the Overstanding of life, so that we would overstand life itself. Only than, we get to realize that it is not what we think or feel, abut we learn to accept what is, and when we accept what is, we are able to deal with the reality of life within its fullness. Life is for the living and not for the dead, just because one is breathing and in good physical health doesn't mean that they are living.



The concept of life and death has nothing to do with the flesh. Life and death dwells within the eternal, because it is the eternal that life and death is known. The physical structure of man is only matter. And it is through this physical matter that JAH created man in his image. After JAH is finish working through the physical manifestation that the flesh goes back to the earth, and the soul of that flesh , being one with JAH becomes immortal, the life of the soul is immortality, and therefore, it cannot die when JAH and man is one. Man cannot die because life is eternal. He may come back as the lightning and thunder, de' earthquake, brimstone, and fire, the wages of sin is death and the gift of JAH is eternal life.



The eternal power of JAH in man conquers death that man will not fear death, because death has no power over life. So when we look at life which is the light of all things, it brightens up the soul were no darkness could be found. Death is darkness, and it's the eternal death that consumeth the souls. Death is emptiness, bitterness, envy, jealousy, and all the elusion's outside of ones self.





When Christ came in his first advent as the lamb of sacrifice, and shed his blood, it was to prove that the physical death has no power, he also said you can take away my flesh and destroy it, but what more can you do to my soul?



Life and death are both spiritual, I-n-I don't come to fight flesh and blood, but spiritual wickedness in high and low places. So this spiritual war that we are fighting is good over evil, and the flesh is the manifestation of either one or the other good over evil.



When JAH created the good things in life, evil was present, and Lucifer the ark angel of JAH transgressed against JAH. He took some of the power of the almighty and used it to do evil, and therefore deceived the world. From that time, evil entered the world. It was always an opposite and this is the eternal war of JAH and Satan within man.



JAH created good and evil. That's why everything in life has an opposite, you have right and left, JAH and Satan, good and evil, heaven and hell, top and bottom, positive and negative. It's through these two forces clashing against one another, which redeems or destroys, strengthens or weakens, delivers or condemns Without evil, the soul can't get strong to overcome the evil, and without good, the soul cannot conquer the evil within.



The Rastaman is the spiritual and physical manifestation of JAH in man. That man will identify who JAH is within the goodness of the king. The lion from the tribe of Judah is the fulfillment of this truth as the highest ruler of this creation. The Rastaman's interest is not within the physical things in life, but the spiritual things, that by dwelling within the spiritual, than he will attain the material things needed to maintain his physical well-being, and that way, he creates a balance so that he doesn't defile his soul through material things. What does it profit a man to gain the world and lose his soul? Seek ye the kingdom of JAH in righteousness, and truth and all things will be added unto thee.



It's through exalting Haile I Selassie I, the first of Ethiopia, by humbling ourselves unto HIM, by doing his work that we become successful in life, by walking within his doctrines and council. That by humbling ourselves, we would be exalted by HIM in this world, in which we are despised, scorned, outcaste, and rejected. So the almighty JAH Rastafari takes care of his own as a shepherd watches over his flock, so the king watches all over his people.



Babylon doesn't deal with the wisdom of JAH that ones soul will be redeem, but they deal with deception to destroy the souls of them whom is under their yoke, through political science, social science, and biblical science, and therefore control the masses by force, fear, and deception.

JAH rules within the eternal, and Satan rules within the physical, which took some to the truth, and mixed it up with lies in order to deceive the world. When you speak and tell the truth, many of them don't want to hear it, but when you tell lies, many will be quick to listen and believe a lie without considering the truth that shall bring to shame.



On earth, Satan has formed a false kingdom, the ant-Christ system, which is controlling the minds of the people through education, religions, politricks, money, and material things, and most of all Tel-lie visions. Satan deals with mind control through idol worships like money, sports images, movie images, religious images, and political and social images, is the image of the beast.



Mystery Babylon the great, the mother of harlots. My people has drank the wine of her fornication, whom has become drunk of her ways, whom seeks and fights for justice inna unjust system that portrays to be just.



Justice was established in this time through His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile I Selassie I the first of Ethiopia, that through the Emperor, justice will prevail. The builders of this great empire babywrong (Babylon) rejected the king of judgement and truth JAH stone, as the head of the Corner stone. Instead they chose death instead of life, wrong instead of right, and they rejected all the good things that would redeem the soul.



Through religions (Legions) Satan has separated the masses through politricks. They have separated the masses and within the communities he has destroyed the families. This is the death that JAH speaks about when one dwells within this mind set, and dangerous minds is what destroyeth the soul, the life within.



I give thanks unto the most high JAH RASTAFARI, whom is the keeper of life, and the rock and salvation of I-n-I soul.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1353
Joined: December 12th, 2003, 9:21 am
Location: East London Uk

Unread post by Noog » June 20th, 2005, 8:26 am

Uhum, yeah, righteous it all is but for one bit which I find VERY SILLY! Haile Sallasie was a funny little fella in an oversized hat and King Solomonic line or no, he was NOT in anyway divine! C'mon man, d'you really think an incarnation of the Creator'd leave Ethipia in the state that he did, bwoi, even him lions were skinny and hungry.

Jah is the same as the Spirit, the Spirit of Creation. God. Creator. Not a lickle man in a daft hat. Peace

User avatar
greenwood104
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: August 12th, 2005, 3:16 am
Location: Seattle

Re: Rastafarianism

Unread post by greenwood104 » August 13th, 2005, 3:01 am

AcmeWhiteBread wrote:Girl that might be the myth they want to portray, but I can use the word meditation or the word buzzin...Its semantics and a way to make getting stoned sound more legit. Hey I got no problem with it! Puff Puff Give...!


if you smoke a little herb relax with good music and think you will gain more knowledge of the world than you would without it.

some rastas believe in jesus and some dont.

Post Reply

Return to “Religious Thought”