Do you Believe In Jesus Christ?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Do you Believe In Jesus Christ?

Unread post by alexalonso » May 13th, 2014, 12:48 am

MCD wrote:
AirportWorker1 wrote:
MCD wrote:Well I already said there were people from his time period or immediately after his death that spoke of him. Not everyone who has contributed to historic knowledge is a historian. Again for you to decide but to me it just seems if Jesus was NOT a religious figure, people would have no problem accepting that has evidence of his existence.
Yeah,name the people? Anyone outside of biblical texts,please...

I like to think that extraordinary events would have been documented by competent historians.I mean,a man walking on water,feeding 5,000 with 5 loaves and 2 fishes,and Zombies coming out of their graves and walking around a city without a peep? I'm not buying it.

Philo(20 BCE-50 be)

Plutarch(46 – 120 AD)
I already said Pope Clement if you read, and I mentioned the acknowledgement of a man named Jesus crucified.......
What if it was determined that Jesus did not die by crucifixtion? I challenge that dominant narrative that he was crucified.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Re: Do you Believe In Jesus Christ?

Unread post by TarHeelRED » May 18th, 2014, 12:40 am

@1 wrote:
MCD wrote:
AirportWorker1 wrote:
MCD wrote:Well I already said there were people from his time period or immediately after his death that spoke of him. Not everyone who has contributed to historic knowledge is a historian. Again for you to decide but to me it just seems if Jesus was NOT a religious figure, people would have no problem accepting that has evidence of his existence.
Yeah,name the people? Anyone outside of biblical texts,please...

I like to think that extraordinary events would have been documented by competent historians.I mean,a man walking on water,feeding 5,000 with 5 loaves and 2 fishes,and Zombies coming out of their graves and walking around a city without a peep? I'm not buying it.

Philo(20 BCE-50 be)

Plutarch(46 – 120 AD)
I already said Pope Clement if you read, and I mentioned the acknowledgement of a man named Jesus crucified.......
What if it was determined that Jesus did not die by crucifixtion? I challenge that dominant narrative that he was crucified.
Alonso, I know the Russelites/Witnesses deny the BODILY RESURRECTION of the Savior, but the Cruxifixion too? Or is that a u thing?

What makes u challenge Jesus dying by cruxifixion? The only case u may have is John 10:17-18, "Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father." Also in all 4 Gospels it says that He ''gave up the ghost''. The only man that ever of His own volition yielded up His spirit at the time of death to the Father is Messiah. Even then the trauma He endured through the floggings & the cruxifixion itself was the cause thereof. HE SUFFERED 4 OUR SINS. I think even the Watchtower would agree with that.

Alonso have u actually ever studied & joined the Russelites, bka the Witnesses? I don't call them that b/c they're aren't TRUE 'witnesses' of the Most High?
Isaiah 43:10:
"Ye are my witnesses, saith YEHOVAH, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me."
Isaiah 43:12:
"I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith YEHOVAH, that I am God."
Isaiah 44:8:
"Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any."
The 'witnesses' of YEHOVAH in Isaiah's day were the believing remnant who hadn't served idols & who actually believed & were most faithful 2 the Most High. These weren't Gentiles or a group of religious people based in Brooklyn NY who ''have a form of godliness'' yet deny the fundamental tenets of the Holy Scriptures & Christian faith.