Religions are for the Weak Minded.

Religion is probably the biggest divider in world history, but for those that believe in God it is central to our existence. Share your views.
TheExecutioner
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Religions are for the Weak Minded.

Unread post by TheExecutioner » July 17th, 2009, 8:44 pm

What are your thoughts?
Religion is whats keeping Humanity down.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Re: Religions are for the Weak Minded.

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » July 17th, 2009, 9:35 pm

i believe there is a "higher power" but i dont believe in the established religions that follow that "higher power".

I think at face value religion is a great thing becuase i've seen it help a lot of people when they were in very dark places in there life.
like if my mom was dying of cancer and she started to get more religious i wouldnt say shit about it if it let her feel more at peace for what was about to happen.
The thing is that isnt how religion works all the time, people either decide to pick and choose what to follow in there religion wich i think is stupid becuase they're the ones saying there scripture is truth.
then there are those that use religion for self gain.
thats why i dont follow religion.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » July 18th, 2009, 3:03 pm

TheExecutioner wrote:Religion is whats keeping Humanity down.

can you elaborate on this?
Why do you think so?

TCC19
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Victorville CA

Unread post by TCC19 » July 19th, 2009, 2:14 pm

I personally am not religious but I think if religion was not around people would go crazy. Alot of people out there are only good people because they believe their is something out there to reward them for their good behavior. If they didn't have that there's no telling what they would do.I like to think that I am a good person but alot of my morals and values came from my upbringing and my family is religious so without religion I can't really say if I would still be the same person. To be honest I think if their was no religion humanity as we know it would be worse.

TCC19
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Victorville CA

Unread post by TCC19 » July 19th, 2009, 2:22 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:i believe there is a "higher power" but i dont believe in the established religions that follow that "higher power".

The thing is that isnt how religion works all the time, people either decide to pick and choose what to follow in there religion wich i think is stupid becuase they're the ones saying there scripture is truth.
then there are those that use religion for self gain.
thats why i dont follow religion.
Thats exactly the same reason I don't follow organized religion myself people who pick and choose what they want to follow if you believe in something you should follow it whole heartedly not pick somethings you like and do away with others that you don't.

Return to “Religious Thought”