The Bible's view on sexual immorality

Religion is probably the biggest divider in world history, but for those that believe in God it is central to our existence. Share your views.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

The Bible's view on sexual immorality

Unread post by alexalonso » December 31st, 2013, 12:19 am

I Corinthians CHapter 6
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men
The bible views sex before marriage, homosexuality, and cheating on a spouse all on the same level. These 3 sexual acts all have the same admonishment, but in today's society, cheating or adultery, is the only sexual act vilified.

snino1989
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: HxA

Re: The Bible's view on sexual immorality

Unread post by snino1989 » December 31st, 2013, 12:47 am

Its the dam clothes that girls wear nowadays, middrift and shortshorts and guys showing off there muscles if they have any. And the way everything is out there in our music, tv, internet, phones, when were out, to much atracktion and distracktions control the hormones that r in all of us. The bad things about sex is stds, not wanting a baby, condoms solve 95% of those 2 problems and also distracks us from our moral prioritys, can b used to pull strings to give bad things like money or possessions even non sexual acts like atracktion, and it mostly likely mite take ur heart and make it cold. Other than that just b careful and have fun with sex, never rape or b a child molester.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Re: The Bible's view on sexual immorality

Unread post by TarHeelRED » February 4th, 2014, 7:36 am

@1 wrote:I Corinthians CHapter 6
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men
The bible views sex before marriage, homosexuality, and cheating on a spouse all on the same level. These 3 sexual acts all have the same admonishment, but in today's society, cheating or adultery, is the only sexual act vilified.
Right on Lonzo. It's a shame man. Society's views & perspectives may have changed but the Word of God doesn't. "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind (homosexuality, like Alonso said above; I guess this was the way of saying 'homosexuality' back in the 1600s), Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." -I Corinthians 6:9-10

I'd also add lusting too. "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart" -Matthew 5:28. Jesus said lusting is the same as fornicating or the very act of adultery itself. HE RAISED THE BAR ON US!!!!!! It's not all about how we break God's word outwardly but inwardly also. It all starts in the mind/heart.

Return to “Religious Thought”