Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Religion is probably the biggest divider in world history, but for those that believe in God it is central to our existence. Share your views.
se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2247
Joined: October 12th, 2004, 9:48 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by se11 » March 9th, 2005, 8:51 pm

wizdom wrote:do many black are christian. that i know of, maybe not all. some are catholic or baptist. but for a minute i thought catholic and christian are the same but they not. kause catholic's pray to the Virgin Mary and i think Christians dont.


no Christians pray to Jesus and the Virgin Mary. i don't think protestants pray to Mary or they believe something different about her.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2124
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 6:57 am
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by RuthlessCray » March 9th, 2005, 10:25 pm

catholics are christians because they believe in Jesus. its just another type of christian.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1322
Joined: January 19th, 2004, 10:31 am
Location: W/S Santa Ana

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by Panik » March 10th, 2005, 9:05 am

RuthlessBone wrote:catholics are christians because they believe in Jesus. its just another type of christian.



catholics are the original christians

User avatar
purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1851
Joined: October 7th, 2004, 10:51 am
Location: Harlem World aka Purple City
Contact:

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 10th, 2005, 9:10 am

Panik wrote:
RuthlessBone wrote:catholics are christians because they believe in Jesus. its just another type of christian.



catholics are the original christians


the first christians were non denominational, the roman catholics are the biggest sect to date but not the oldest

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1322
Joined: January 19th, 2004, 10:31 am
Location: W/S Santa Ana

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by Panik » March 10th, 2005, 9:23 am

they are the oldest surviving group of christians.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2124
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 6:57 am
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by RuthlessCray » March 10th, 2005, 11:14 am

well the funny thing is i hear people all the time asking people "are you catholics or christian?" and im thinking ...catholic IS christain.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1322
Joined: January 19th, 2004, 10:31 am
Location: W/S Santa Ana

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by Panik » March 10th, 2005, 11:20 am

well, they are christians, but they practice differently enough to almost be a different religion. THey emphasize Mary a lot more, and hold a lot more power in the church (pope), but technically they are a type of christian.

User avatar
PlayaLarga
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 122
Joined: February 19th, 2005, 10:27 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by PlayaLarga » March 10th, 2005, 4:09 pm

Makes perfect sense for any person of color to be a Christian. Stories of the Good Samaritan and the Samaritan Woman at the well are huge examples of Christianity embracing all peoples.

But to say that Jesus is White is far from the truth. The Catholic Church may partly be a fault by constructing statues which depict a blue-eyed, white Jesus' and a White "Virgin" Mary.

But if you've done your research, the origins and locations spoken about within the bible were placed around Saudi Arabia, Modern Day Iraq, and Eygpt.

Do you think that mostly, white men and woman were inhabiting these parts? The only evidence of such people were the occupying Romans.

and Keep this scripture in mind,


Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus

Jesus Loves All.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 873
Joined: July 3rd, 2004, 8:00 pm
Country: Israel
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem
Location: SPRING LAKE, NC
Contact:

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by TarHeelRED » March 10th, 2005, 11:10 pm

se11 wrote:
wizdom wrote:do many black are christian. that i know of, maybe not all. some are catholic or baptist. but for a minute i thought catholic and christian are the same but they not. kause catholic's pray to the Virgin Mary and i think Christians dont.


no Christians pray to Jesus and the Virgin Mary. i don't think protestants pray to Mary or they believe something different about her.


I pray 2 Jesus because through Jesus my prayers reach GOD. I don't pray 2 the Virgin Mary. Mary was his mother. The same way with heaven the only way 2 God is through Christ Jesus.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 873
Joined: July 3rd, 2004, 8:00 pm
Country: Israel
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem
Location: SPRING LAKE, NC
Contact:

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by TarHeelRED » March 10th, 2005, 11:24 pm

PlayaLarga wrote:Makes perfect sense for any person of color to be a Christian. Stories of the Good Samaritan and the Samaritan Woman at the well are huge examples of Christianity embracing all peoples.

But to say that Jesus is White is far from the truth. The Catholic Church may partly be a fault by constructing statues which depict a blue-eyed, white Jesus' and a White "Virgin" Mary.

But if you've done your research, the origins and locations spoken about within the bible were placed around Saudi Arabia, Modern Day Iraq, and Eygpt.

Do you think that mostly, white men and woman were inhabiting these parts? The only evidence of such people were the occupying Romans.

and Keep this scripture in mind,


Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus

Jesus Loves All.


I agree with u 100% on this. Alot of people is so concerned about the color of Jesus, why can't people 4get about his color and accept him as the SON OF GOD and worship him. People put "their" idea of the image they want JESUS 2 be. Honestly, I don't like the idea of people portraying him as a white man with long hair with a set of sideburns and a beard. We must learn 2 put these obstacles behind us. JESUS loves everybody, black, white, yellow ,brown,and red. He even love those who deny him.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 562
Joined: February 3rd, 2004, 5:52 pm

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by kiCKer » March 11th, 2005, 5:27 am

TarHeelRED wrote:
PlayaLarga wrote:Makes perfect sense for any person of color to be a Christian. Stories of the Good Samaritan and the Samaritan Woman at the well are huge examples of Christianity embracing all peoples.

But to say that Jesus is White is far from the truth. The Catholic Church may partly be a fault by constructing statues which depict a blue-eyed, white Jesus' and a White "Virgin" Mary.

But if you've done your research, the origins and locations spoken about within the bible were placed around Saudi Arabia, Modern Day Iraq, and Eygpt.

Do you think that mostly, white men and woman were inhabiting these parts? The only evidence of such people were the occupying Romans.

and Keep this scripture in mind,


Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus

Jesus Loves All.


I agree with u 100% on this. Alot of people is so concerned about the color of Jesus, why can't people 4get about his color and accept him as the SON OF GOD and worship him. People put "their" idea of the image they want JESUS 2 be. Honestly, I don't like the idea of people portraying him as a white man with long hair with a set of sideburns and a beard. We must learn 2 put these obstacles behind us. JESUS loves everybody, black, white, yellow ,brown,and red. He even love those who deny him.


i agree...if somebody is stuck on the idea that Jesus might not be the same color as him...they got issues. as if making Jesus black/asian/white will make him any different. he'll still be Jesus.

AMAR420
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 103
Joined: March 21st, 2005, 2:00 pm

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by AMAR420 » March 21st, 2005, 7:51 pm

Jesus wasnt white...he was a semite and Arab looking.....

User avatar
Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1171
Joined: July 1st, 2004, 10:03 am

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by Kemosave » March 22nd, 2005, 8:24 pm

Some info from another post for you. I will be happy to provide the scientific citations for my assertions. I ask that you do the same:

"What is becoming of chief interest for a number of anthropologists is molecular anthropology or the use of genetic information among living human population groups today to extract an understanding of humanity's origins. And from similarities and differences in gene sequences and by looking at the extent of those differences we can get an understanding of the date of humanity's origin, the location of humanity's origin, the original population size, and the pattern of humanity's spread.

The principles behind this are relatively easy to understand. The differences in gene sequences among human beings is due to mutations.

These mutations presumably can accrue at a constant rate if the region of DNA is not under the influence of natural selection. This is called the molecular clock hypothesis.

Therefore if two populations separate from an ancestral population, they are going to be different over time due to these mutations. The greater the number of mutations the greater amount of time they separated from the ancestral population.

By looking at the pattern of similarities and differences with respect to a large number of populations we can begin to identify how population groups relate to each other in this ancestral descendent fashion and then we can work backwards using this molecular clock approach to a date for the first human population.

The principle is simple but the mathematical modeling behind it is rather complex. This is but one in an ensemble of modern techniques that are being applied to molecular anthropology.

For example, in the case of genetic diversity, what is startling about humanity's genetic diversity is how limited is. In fact, the genetic diversity among humans (even though we are a global species) is the most limited of any species we are aware of. In fact, the genetic diversity of the entire human population is about a factor of six times less than a single tribe of mountain gorillas.

Which means that humanity must have a recent origin because the diversities due to mutations show there hasn't been a lot of time for these mutations to accrue but not only that humanity must have had a recent origin from a small number of individuals that quickly expanded to fill the globe. Now the origin of humanity is typically placed in Africa in the region of East Africa.

Now while genetic diversity is one of the first techniques applied to the question of human origins, it is now being applied as a technique with respect to the question of human origins as a result of the human genome project.

There is a program being launched where the goal is to characterize the genetic diversity within the entire human genome for representatives of different population groups with the idea that this understanding is going to help identify where there are defective genes that correlate with the onset of certain genetic disorders. As a result, it has become recognized that the genetic diversity among humanity is extremely limited and though the genetic diversity is potentially quite large because of the large population of the entire human population group, which again reinforces the results that humanity had a recent origin with a small number of individuals that expanded rapidly.

Now mitochondrial DNA (bean shaped cells found in our body involved in energy production) to date the origin of humanity. The reason this is done is because the mitochondrial DNA in our body comes exclusively from the maternal lineage (very clean inheritance). Using this technique, humanity dates about 150,000 years ago to a small number of women to a single woman in East Africa (called mitochondrial Eve).

Now in calibrating the molecular clock we find the clock is not as fine tuned as we would like it to be. Examples would be some parts of the mitochondrial DNA are operating under the influence of natural selection and no longer legitimate molecular clocks and radiation in the environment that varies can influence mutation rates. So while we know the approximate date of the origin of humanity within parameters, the exact date must be taken with a grain of salt as they say.

Another technique is y chromosomal analysis tracing the paternal lineage (i.e. men) and gives results very similar results as the mitochondrial method. This method shows that humanity originates under 150,000 years ago to a small population of men to a single individual male (called Y chromosal Adam). Microchondrial DNA supports this. Pseudo genes, show qualitively the same thing. So do other methods and studies give similar results.

Parasites, like body lice for example, that affect humans are now being studied as well and their origins date less than 150,000 years ago (body lice less than 70,000 years ago from a single location and again show a spread from near the Middle East). And again all of these, within the limitations of the individual techniques, all show the same result: A recent origin of humanity from a single location from a small population of men and women and humanity is traceable back to a single man and a single woman. Definitely these studies provide a powerful confirmation in the broad sense of humanity's origin.

Peace.

User avatar
'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3127
Joined: May 31st, 2004, 10:36 am
Country: Hong Kong, China
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by 'X' » March 22nd, 2005, 11:09 pm

Kemosave wrote:Some info from another post for you. I will be happy to provide the scientific citations for my assertions. I ask that you do the same: "What is becoming of chief interest for a number of anthropologists is molecular anthropology or the use of genetic information among living human population groups today to extract an understanding of humanity's origins. And from similarities and differences in gene sequences and by looking at the extent of those differences we can get an understanding of the date of humanity's origin, the location of humanity's origin, the original population size, and the pattern of humanity's spread. The principles behind this are relatively easy to understand. The differences in gene sequences among human beings is due to mutations. These mutations presumably can accrue at a constant rate if the region of DNA is not under the influence of natural selection. This is called the molecular clock hypothesis. Therefore if two populations separate from an ancestral population, they are going to be different over time due to these mutations. The greater the number of mutations the greater amount of time they separated from the ancestral population. By looking at the pattern of similarities and differences with respect to a large number of populations we can begin to identify how population groups relate to each other in this ancestral descendent fashion and then we can work backwards using this molecular clock approach to a date for the first human population. The principle is simple but the mathematical modeling behind it is rather complex. This is but one in an ensemble of modern techniques that are being applied to molecular anthropology. For example, in the case of genetic diversity, what is startling about humanity's genetic diversity is how limited is. In fact, the genetic diversity among humans (even though we are a global species) is the most limited of any species we are aware of. In fact, the genetic diversity of the entire human population is about a factor of six times less than a single tribe of mountain gorillas. Which means that humanity must have a recent origin because the diversities due to mutations show there hasn't been a lot of time for these mutations to accrue but not only that humanity must have had a recent origin from a small number of individuals that quickly expanded to fill the globe. Now the origin of humanity is typically placed in Africa in the region of East Africa. Now while genetic diversity is one of the first techniques applied to the question of human origins, it is now being applied as a technique with respect to the question of human origins as a result of the human genome project. There is a program being launched where the goal is to characterize the genetic diversity within the entire human genome for representatives of different population groups with the idea that this understanding is going to help identify where there are defective genes that correlate with the onset of certain genetic disorders. As a result, it has become recognized that the genetic diversity among humanity is extremely limited and though the genetic diversity is potentially quite large because of the large population of the entire human population group, which again reinforces the results that humanity had a recent origin with a small number of individuals that expanded rapidly. Now mitochondrial DNA (bean shaped cells found in our body involved in energy production) to date the origin of humanity. The reason this is done is because the mitochondrial DNA in our body comes exclusively from the maternal lineage (very clean inheritance). Using this technique, humanity dates about 150,000 years ago to a small number of women to a single woman in East Africa (called mitochondrial Eve). Now in calibrating the molecular clock we find the clock is not as fine tuned as we would like it to be. Examples would be some parts of the mitochondrial DNA are operating under the influence of natural selection and no longer legitimate molecular clocks and radiation in the environment that varies can influence mutation rates. So while we know the approximate date of the origin of humanity within parameters, the exact date must be taken with a grain of salt as they say. Another technique is y chromosomal analysis tracing the paternal lineage (i.e. men) and gives results very similar results as the mitochondrial method. This method shows that humanity originates under 150,000 years ago to a small population of men to a single individual male (called Y chromosal Adam). Microchondrial DNA supports this. Pseudo genes, show qualitively the same thing. So do other methods and studies give similar results. Parasites, like body lice for example, that affect humans are now being studied as well and their origins date less than 150,000 years ago (body lice less than 70,000 years ago from a single location and again show a spread from near the Middle East). And again all of these, within the limitations of the individual techniques, all show the same result: A recent origin of humanity from a single location from a small population of men and women and humanity is traceable back to a single man and a single woman. Definitely these studies provide a powerful confirmation in the broad sense of humanity's origin. Peace.
WTF? I'm going through some of these post and these due here has got some of ya'll so twisted up with his constant jibberish! You've been posting most of your bogus links and article for months now. I rarely do come here anymore, but when i do you saying things over and over again. Let the people believe what they want to, you have to have something better to do with your time. I'll end this post with a saying for those who believe that white folk gave you the truth in Christainity "FOR THOSE WHO DON'T TREAT YOU RIGHT, WON'T TEACH YOU RIGHT"!!! JESUS KNEW NOTHING OF christianity!!!! If this is true, who lied on Jesus??

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 940
Joined: July 26th, 2004, 8:36 pm

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by DC » March 23rd, 2005, 1:15 am

Blacks were christians long before Islam was even thought of. It makes more sense to be a black christian then a black muslim..
Martin Luther was a christian

DC

User avatar
purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1851
Joined: October 7th, 2004, 10:51 am
Location: Harlem World aka Purple City
Contact:

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 23rd, 2005, 10:24 am

who lied to you DC? blacks the first christians priot to islam? I think youre refering to the NOI

User avatar
PlayaLarga
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 122
Joined: February 19th, 2005, 10:27 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by PlayaLarga » March 23rd, 2005, 10:59 am

D.X. wrote:
Kemosave wrote:Some info from another post for you. I will be happy to provide the scientific citations for my assertions. I ask that you do the same:

"What is becoming of chief interest for a number of anthropologists is molecular anthropology or the use of genetic information among living human population groups today to extract an understanding of humanity's origins. And from similarities and differences in gene sequences and by looking at the extent of those differences we can get an understanding of the date of humanity's origin, the location of humanity's origin, the original population size, and the pattern of humanity's spread.

The principles behind this are relatively easy to understand. The differences in gene sequences among human beings is due to mutations.

These mutations presumably can accrue at a constant rate if the region of DNA is not under the influence of natural selection. This is called the molecular clock hypothesis.

Therefore if two populations separate from an ancestral population, they are going to be different over time due to these mutations. The greater the number of mutations the greater amount of time they separated from the ancestral population.

By looking at the pattern of similarities and differences with respect to a large number of populations we can begin to identify how population groups relate to each other in this ancestral descendent fashion and then we can work backwards using this molecular clock approach to a date for the first human population.

The principle is simple but the mathematical modeling behind it is rather complex. This is but one in an ensemble of modern techniques that are being applied to molecular anthropology.

For example, in the case of genetic diversity, what is startling about humanity's genetic diversity is how limited is. In fact, the genetic diversity among humans (even though we are a global species) is the most limited of any species we are aware of. In fact, the genetic diversity of the entire human population is about a factor of six times less than a single tribe of mountain gorillas.

Which means that humanity must have a recent origin because the diversities due to mutations show there hasn't been a lot of time for these mutations to accrue but not only that humanity must have had a recent origin from a small number of individuals that quickly expanded to fill the globe. Now the origin of humanity is typically placed in Africa in the region of East Africa.

Now while genetic diversity is one of the first techniques applied to the question of human origins, it is now being applied as a technique with respect to the question of human origins as a result of the human genome project.

There is a program being launched where the goal is to characterize the genetic diversity within the entire human genome for representatives of different population groups with the idea that this understanding is going to help identify where there are defective genes that correlate with the onset of certain genetic disorders. As a result, it has become recognized that the genetic diversity among humanity is extremely limited and though the genetic diversity is potentially quite large because of the large population of the entire human population group, which again reinforces the results that humanity had a recent origin with a small number of individuals that expanded rapidly.

Now mitochondrial DNA (bean shaped cells found in our body involved in energy production) to date the origin of humanity. The reason this is done is because the mitochondrial DNA in our body comes exclusively from the maternal lineage (very clean inheritance). Using this technique, humanity dates about 150,000 years ago to a small number of women to a single woman in East Africa (called mitochondrial Eve).

Now in calibrating the molecular clock we find the clock is not as fine tuned as we would like it to be. Examples would be some parts of the mitochondrial DNA are operating under the influence of natural selection and no longer legitimate molecular clocks and radiation in the environment that varies can influence mutation rates. So while we know the approximate date of the origin of humanity within parameters, the exact date must be taken with a grain of salt as they say.

Another technique is y chromosomal analysis tracing the paternal lineage (i.e. men) and gives results very similar results as the mitochondrial method. This method shows that humanity originates under 150,000 years ago to a small population of men to a single individual male (called Y chromosal Adam). Microchondrial DNA supports this. Pseudo genes, show qualitively the same thing. So do other methods and studies give similar results.

Parasites, like body lice for example, that affect humans are now being studied as well and their origins date less than 150,000 years ago (body lice less than 70,000 years ago from a single location and again show a spread from near the Middle East). And again all of these, within the limitations of the individual techniques, all show the same result: A recent origin of humanity from a single location from a small population of men and women and humanity is traceable back to a single man and a single woman. Definitely these studies provide a powerful confirmation in the broad sense of humanity's origin.

Peace.



WTF? I'm going through some of these post and these due here has got some of ya'll so twisted up with his constant jibberish! You've been posting most of your bogus links and article for months now. I rarely do come here anymore, but when i do you saying things over and over again. Let the people believe what they want to, you have to have something better to do with your time. I'll end this post with a saying for those who believe that white folk gave you the truth in Christainity "FOR THOSE WHO DON'T TREAT YOU RIGHT, WON'T TEACH YOU RIGHT"!!! JESUS KNEW NOTHING OF christianity!!!! If this is true, who lied on Jesus??


"jesus knew nothing of christianity" ? that's like saying that "jesus knew nothing of his own miracles and teachings"

how does Jesus not even know his own self?

explain..

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1322
Joined: January 19th, 2004, 10:31 am
Location: W/S Santa Ana

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by Panik » March 23rd, 2005, 5:56 pm

this is the only time I'm ever gonna have to agree with DX. Jesus knew nothing of christianity. HE WAS A F'ING JEW. And technically, Christians by their very existance disrespect Jesus every day they are alive. Jesus never once said that he wanted to start a new religion. EVER. He lived and died as a Jew, and I'm sure that's how he would want to be remembered.

User avatar
Unlimited
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 96
Joined: February 15th, 2005, 6:15 pm
Location: WestSide I.E

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by Unlimited » March 24th, 2005, 12:20 am

The way I see it. My conscience is the "part of God within you". If i feel like I am doing wrong then it is because it is a direct message from God telling me I am doing wrong. If something makes me feel joy then I feel as if though God is telling me it is ok. But like everything, we have a choice to accept it or deny it.

As for Jesus's ethnicity, I feel he was whatever the believer wanted him to be. Funny thing is Jesus is said to have been Jewish, so then why did Hitler make his life work to eradicate the Jewish people if in fact his savior was Jewish and he himself was part Jewish? I dunno maybe it's just me but that is kinda funny.

Anonymous20

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 8th, 2005, 11:33 am

Hitler was into the occult.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by Sentenza » April 9th, 2005, 7:10 pm

it makes sense to worship whichever religion fits best to yourself as an individual. No matter which race.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 873
Joined: July 3rd, 2004, 8:00 pm
Country: Israel
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem
Location: SPRING LAKE, NC
Contact:

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by TarHeelRED » April 13th, 2005, 2:10 pm

Sentenza wrote:it makes sense to worship whichever religion fits best to yourself as an individual. No matter which race.


I oppose this belief. There is only 1 way 2 God, and that's through his son Jesus. And no religion can get u into heaven. U have 2 be saved by the Blood of Jesus. Christianity is the right step but every man(woman and man)has 2 know Jesus 4 him or herself. You just can't go 2 church and read the Bible. No man is immaculate(Romans 3:10-12), but it's meaningless for us 2 read the Bible and turn around and rebel against Gods' decrees and laws that he has put before us. Nobody abides by all of God's laws, but try 2 obey them 2 the best of your ability.We have 2 submit ourselves and humble ourselves before the Lord Jesus.

Romans 10:9-That if u confess with your mouth"Jesus is Lord", and believe in your heart that God raised him(Jesus)from the dead, u will be saved.

Anyone who wants 2 be saved this is the zenith of receiveing Jesus in your life;
1.Admit u are a sinner.
2.Be willing 2 abstain from sin and repent of any sins u have committed. Be sincere with your repentance.
3.Believe that Jesus died 4 u, was buried and rose from the dead, so that through him your sins can be forgiven.
(Colossians 1:13-14-For he(God)has rescued us from the dominion of
darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the
Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the
forgiveness of sins. )
4.Confess that Jesus is your personal saviour, pray and ask him 2 come into your heart and life. (U don't have 2 be in church or go 2 church 2 do this. U can do this right here sitting in front of the computer. Just make sure you're ready and willing 2 devote yourself 2 him. Don't procastinate and wait 4 tomorrow, tomorrow might be too late.)

These are the 1st steps. Get into your Bible, read and study the word. Don't forget 2 pray everyday also, because our prayers reach God through Jesus Christ. Try 2 find a good Bible believing church. Seek and confer Jesus everyday so that u may progress in his sight. May God Bless Us!!!!

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by Sentenza » April 13th, 2005, 3:39 pm

ok, but i oppose THIS belief.

Kronix
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 106
Joined: August 13th, 2004, 12:52 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by Kronix » April 28th, 2005, 4:56 pm

see i enjoy these forums. alot of jewels being dropped i appreciate the knowleadge everyone sheds. But when it comes to jesus christ. i dont kno man. If this one man is the son of god, and all this stuff. ra ra ra ra.
Why isnt there any serious proof. dont get me wrong i read up on stuff, research is food for the mind. but where is his tomb, where exactly was he crucified,and theres just so much shit man....honestly i really get frustrated.
I've been reading the quran too, and its sort of along the same lines. "There is only one god, and his name is allah" any worship of any other god is a sin ra ra ra. Most religions say this. why?
If allah is the one and only god, then why do Natives have there own gods, and europeans have their own gods, or back in time the Norse, or Greeks or Africans. IF he is the almighty Allah, Zeus, Jesus, whomever why put different religions on the earth in different continents. It makes no sense, because since man called him self man, religion has been the divider. Gallons of blood have been spilt over religion, Why?
I dont know im just venting my frustration, i hope i dont offend anyone that is not my intent, i just wanted to share my feelings, maybe someone could enlighten my agnostic views

"What you need to know, is that you'll never know it all"- Ras Kass

"They need to chill, and get their minds revivied,for years religion did nothin but divide"-Gza

User avatar
NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 873
Joined: December 23rd, 2004, 11:11 am
Location: England

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by NW10 » April 28th, 2005, 5:21 pm

AMAR420 wrote:Jesus wasnt white...he was a semite and Arab looking.....


Jesus was black. I got good sources to prove my case.... Chris Rock, Dogma

Race and Religion is something you cannot segregate (*i dont mean it how it sounds). It is probably the most powerful thing that brings together different races. You can be black or white and still be a christian. It often depends on where you grew up how you grew up and how you live your life.

*i wasnt meaning that you cant seperate people because of race and religion, i mean that no matter who you are you can mix the two up together ie a black islamic, black christian, black rasta or white christian, white jew, white rasta (thread should have been does it make sense to be white and worship haille cellassiai)

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 873
Joined: July 3rd, 2004, 8:00 pm
Country: Israel
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem
Location: SPRING LAKE, NC
Contact:

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by TarHeelRED » April 29th, 2005, 7:57 am

Kronix wrote:
"They need to chill, and get their minds revivied,for years religion did nothin but divide"-Gza


Sorry bro, that was Killah Priest. That verse is on "Bible" on GZAs' Liquid Swords and on Killah Priests' "Heavy Mental".

Kronix
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 106
Joined: August 13th, 2004, 12:52 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by Kronix » April 30th, 2005, 12:52 pm

lol. aight coo. But my Gza still said it
on Bible thats why i quoted it

Quickdraw
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 178
Joined: September 20th, 2004, 3:42 pm
Location: Chi-town Bred

Unread post by Quickdraw » November 25th, 2005, 6:34 pm

Im black and 16 years old and I no longer fucks with Christianity. I was born in a Christian family. The rest of my family and friends still practice but that shit aint for me. I cant deal with that corruption within the church and many Christians I know are straight up two faced. They got they church face then they got they 6.5 face. 6.5 being the 6 days of the week outside of Sunday and .5 being those hours on Sunday outside the church. Nobody practice it down to the tee, they just sin and manipulate the religion to get back good with god by "repenting". Thats cuz Christianity aint got no discipline at all, you can basically do whatever the fuck you want and thats why I came to respect the Brothers (Muslims) more than the Christians. I like the discipline and order in Islam, it becomes more like a way of life than a 3 hour hobby unlike Christianity. That goes down to the prayers, fasting, and pilgrammages. You can easily fake being a Christian thats why most are slobs, but the Muslims pray 5 times a day, and its real prayer not a plee to god to give you that new Rolex watch. You got to face towards Mecca and thats discipline right there cuz you united with all Muslims by facing the same ways. I cant deal with that idol worship either, cuz you aint gonna see the Brothers carry pictures of the Prophet Muhammad, Christians got it so fucked up they drawing they bible characthers and then you get fights over Jesus color cuz you werent smart enough to observe the ban on idol worship. Muslims dont draw Muhammad, you know why cuz they aint for the drama and BS they've seen the Muslims do. You got Christians kissing crosses and marble Jesus statues, thats the lowest you can go. Thats why I dont honor that fake shit no more.

Quickdraw
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 178
Joined: September 20th, 2004, 3:42 pm
Location: Chi-town Bred

Unread post by Quickdraw » November 25th, 2005, 6:36 pm

edit: you know why because they aint for the drama and BS they've seen the Christians do

worldwide
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 327
Joined: January 17th, 2004, 9:47 am
Location: u know the name

Unread post by worldwide » November 26th, 2005, 11:13 pm

here we go again with the diverse philoshpies on religion, and the politics that cause the confusion.

First-off being black and christian aint no different than being white, hispanic, or arabic and christian.

God is spirit aint no colorlines in his eyes. alot of people disregard the fact that God created the world, our futile fight for an ethnic exsistance is not primarily on His agenda.

look at the hurricanes in louisiana. as much bigotry and racism that resised down south it's gonna take black and white and all colors in between to fix that place.

the Angels dont see what God see's in us humans. we make planes they fall out the sky, boats that sink and cars, that breakdown.

when you pray to God it's in the name of jesus, in the name of jesus.
our advocate with the father

Anonymous20

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by Anonymous20 » November 27th, 2005, 2:46 am

thrak wrote:Well does it make sense to believe in another slavemaster's religion, Islam??


I always asked my self that same question. Blacks who change their European name because it is rooted in slavery, to an Arabic name, just traded one "slave name" for another "slave name." The Arabs are the leader in African slave trade since the year 600 A.D., while the Europeans came along around 1450 AD.

Now those that change their name to an African name like Kwesi Mfume or some other West African name where most Black Americans have their roots would make more sense.

Also, all those pagan Christian rituals that are practice by most of today Christians are not rooted in scripture. Christmas, Easter, Santa Claus, Red Horned Devil, etc, are not Biblical and true Christians would not practice them. In fact Christmas was outlawed by the Puritans in England for sometime. If you read Jeremiah 10: 2-5 it describes a custom similar to celebrating the Christmas tree and to stay away from it.

Dont be misled by the bogus practices.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 713
Joined: November 16th, 2005, 6:49 am
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by black » November 27th, 2005, 3:18 am

alonso wrote:
thrak wrote:Well does it make sense to believe in another slavemaster's religion, Islam??


I always asked my self that same question. Blacks who change their European name because it is rooted in slavery, to an Arabic name, just traded one "slave name" for another "slave name." The Arabs are the leader in African slave trade since the year 600 A.D., while the Europeans came along around 1450 AD.

Now those that change their name to an African name like Kwesi Mfume or some other West African name where most Black Americans have their roots would make more sense.

Also, all those pagan Christian rituals that are practice by most of today Christians are not rooted in scripture. Christmas, Easter, Santa Claus, Red Horned Devil, etc, are not Biblical and true Christians would not practice them. In fact Christmas was outlawed by the Puritans in England for sometime. If you read Jeremiah 10: 2-5 it describes a custom similar to celebrating the Christmas tree and to stay away from it.

Dont be misled by the bogus practices.


but why change it to a an african name when africans had slaves to and sold us to the whites.

you are right though true christians don't practice pagan rituals. you can go to the middle east and see that the arab christians live different from the western christians. they only make up about 5% of the populaiton, maybe more. but they still live their lives the way jesus did when he walke the earth.

Post Reply

Return to “Religious Thought”