Israel prepares strikes on Iran

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

Israel prepares strikes on Iran

Unread post by punamusta » December 19th, 2005, 10:10 am

Report: Israel prepares strikes on Iran

LONDON, Dec. 11 (UPI) -- Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has reportedly ordered the military to prepare for possible strikes on secret uranium enrichment sites in Iran.

Military sources told The Sunday Times of London the order came after Israeli intelligence warned the government that Iran was operating concealed enrichment facilities in civilian locations.

Iran's standoff with the International Atomic Energy Agency over nuclear inspections is causing mounting concern, the newspaper said.

In early March, Mohamed ElBaradei, the head of the IAEA, will present his next report on Iran. ElBaradei, who just received the Nobel Peace Prize, has warned that the world is "losing patience" with Iran.

Defense sources in Israel believe the end of March to be the "point of no return" after which Iran will have the technical expertise to enrich uranium in sufficient quantities to build a nuclear warhead in two to four years, the newspaper said.

Copyright 2005 by United Press International. All Rights Reserved.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/upi/?feed=T ... l-iran.xml

Doesn't this somehow reminds us all about the debate before US attack on Iraq? After Iraq it obviously will be Iran, then Syria. Iran don't have a nuclear weapon just as Iraq didn't. But Iran and Syria has the oil just as Iraq has. Iran has even offered US to bid on the construction of their nuclear plant.

One of the biggest reasons why Israel and US are now threating Iran is because Iran is preparing to change the "oil-dollar" to "oil-euro". Just as Iraq did before US attacked on them.

Here's an article of that change from dollars to euros:

Preparatory measures taken to sell oil in euros
TEHRAN, Dec. 2 (MNA) - The Chairman of the Majlis Energy Commission, Kamal Daneshyar said here, on Friday, that preparatory measures have been taken to sell oil in euros instead of dollar, adding that such a measure is quite positive and should be taken as soon as possible.

Speaking to the Persian service of Iranian Students News Agency (ISNA), he went on to say that Iran should at the first phase sell its oil in both Dollar and Euro, and then gradually move toward Euro as the mere source.

As for the probable consequences of such a decision, Daneshyar said that when such a measure is taken, the United States would soon realize that it is not the one who can always inflict economic damages on the Islamic Republic and that Iran can also get even with it.

Daneshyar who also represents Mahshahr in the Majlis noted that prior to this the way was not paved for undertaking such a program, adding that fortunately the present government possesses the necessary management bravery to prepare the ground for taking such a measure.

SA/RA

END

MNA

http://www.mehrnews.com/en/NewsDetail.a ... sID=260851

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Re: Israel prepares strikes on Iran

Unread post by black » December 19th, 2005, 1:04 pm

lizard wrote:
Doesn't this somehow reminds us all about the debate before US attack on Iraq? After Iraq it obviously will be Iran, then Syria.
same exact shit.... eventually the u.s. will be occupying the whole arab world.....

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » December 19th, 2005, 2:53 pm

johnnyblac wrote:
lizard wrote:
Doesn't this somehow reminds us all about the debate before US attack on Iraq? After Iraq it obviously will be Iran, then Syria.
same exact shit.... eventually the u.s. will be occupying the whole arab world.....
I strongly doubt this, cause of course the US would defeat the Iranian Army, it would be much more of a task.
Keep in mind that Saddam was hated by 95% of his own people. Thats a bit different in Iran. There would be much more Guerilla and Terrorist attacks even then now in Iraq, cause Iran has a much bigger population and army.
This would not bring peace to the middle east, but let it explode completely.
I am quitesure about that and i cant imagine that any US adminstration could be that stupid.
Iraq was a walk in the park against an upcoming Iran-War.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » December 19th, 2005, 5:02 pm

Sentenza wrote:I am quitesure about that and i cant imagine that any US adminstration could be that stupid.
Iraq was a walk in the park against an upcoming Iran-War.
Yes, that's the part I don't understand. Iran has one of the strongest armies in the world, and US would definetly have real problems to win that war as even Iraq is still fighting back hard.

But then again I know that US goverment don't really care about the peace in the Middle-East, and I've seen some map from an indy-newspaper of oil-lines (The Haifa pipeline) that Cheney and others have planned to go thru Syria from Iraq to the Mediterranean Sea.

Here's one article about that pipeline thru Syria: http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... e10776.htm

parts of that article:

"The Observer [newspaper] notes that Washington and Tel Aviv are hammering out the details for a pipeline that will run through Syria and "create an endless and easily accessible source of cheap Iraqi oil for the US guaranteed by reliable allies other than Saudi Arabia". The pipeline "would transform economic power in the region, bringing revenue to the new US-dominated Iraq, cutting out Syria and solving Israel's energy crisis at a stroke."

This is the driving force behind the confrontation with Syria. At present, Bashar al Assad refuses to normalize relations with Israel until Israel surrenders the land it seized in the Golan Heights during the 1967 war. Israeli hawks have no intention of returning the land and are planning to remove al Assad instead.

It's widely known that Israeli Intelligence (Mossad) is already operating in Mosul where the pipeline will originate and have developed good relations with the Kurds in the area. The only remaining obstacle is the current Syrian regime which has already entered the US-Israeli crosshairs.

Originally, the pipeline was the dream of the Israeli Minister for National Infrastructures, Joseph Paritzky, who said that it would "cut Israel's energy bill drastically - probably by more than 25 per cent - since the country is currently largely dependent on expensive imports from Russia."

The Observer quotes a CIA official who said: 'It has long been a dream of a powerful section of the people now driving this administration and the war in Iraq to safeguard Israel's energy supply as well as that of the United States. The Haifa pipeline was something that existed, was resurrected as a dream, and is now a viable project - albeit with a lot of building to do."

James Akins, a former US ambassador to the region and critic of the pipeline plan said, "This is a new world order now. This is what things look like particularly if we wipe out Syria. It just goes to show that it is all about oil, for the United States and its ally.'"

And here's the map of that Haifa pipeline: Image

Quickdraw
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Quickdraw » April 30th, 2006, 11:02 am

johnnyblac eye to eye wrote:
lizard wrote:
What does Iran have to do with the Arab world?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 30th, 2006, 4:14 pm

^ LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those who claim to defend the international community don't even realize Iran is Persian not Arab. They think they do but they ain't knowing...

whoknows
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whoknows » May 6th, 2006, 8:51 am

EVN - I'm just me... wrote:^ LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those who claim to defend the international community don't even realize Iran is Persian not Arab. They think they do but they ain't knowing...
judas your ass is dumb. persians are arabs they became persian arabs when the arabs invaded persia and mixed with them. the only thing that makes them different from the arabs of north africa to iraq is that they kept there mother tongue (farsi) and culture unlike the other arabs.

MICK_CHECK
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MICK_CHECK » May 6th, 2006, 9:50 pm

You speak to an iranianm, and most likely he or she will say he is definitely not arab, they claim persian to the heart

whoknows
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whoknows » May 7th, 2006, 12:35 am

MICK_CHECK wrote:You speak to an iranianm, and most likely he or she will say he is definitely not arab, they claim persian to the heart
of course they gone say that shit, i wouldn't want to be an arab either.

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » May 7th, 2006, 12:46 pm

The USA are dumb fucks. Sorry to be nationaly racist, but stop the attack of Iran before you trigger World War 3.

I know, I've read about the Illuminati and New World Order. I don't want to die.

Well, the World War 3 topic on movies and video games might be fun, but still, does anyone want more than 500 million people to die?

It could turn out to be someone you know, and it can turn out to be even you lying as a rotting corpse in the ground, under two tons of fuckin' debree that blew away the Empire State Building or something...

The USA has allies, and enemies.

Think about it this way...

The USA may have alot of the countries in the world with them, such as the UK, which own most of the commonwealth, France, Germany and such...

Iran has some other powerful allies, too.

If you've followed the news, you might be able to connect each heading to this topic.

Ok, let's start.

The USA refused to help if anything happened to a number of countries in South America, where China stepped in to train their military forces.

Russia and China joined Iran in the Uranium Enrichment Program, and Russia has something for the USA to be afraid of...

Ok, also, North Korea.

Ok, so thats Russia, China, Iran, 5+ South American countries and a bunch of African countries such as Sudan, which recently, Osama Bin Laden, offered for all the fighters in Sudan to come up and step against US military forces in Iraq.

You've got the USA, UK along with the commonwealth countries, France, Germany, maybe Italy, and I don't know.

Basiclly, you've got 2 sides.

The USA has their allies, which inculding them are 20+ countries, and the commonwealth forces, maybe 50+...

Iran has their share of superpowers, including Russia, which has the quality part of the weapons and shit, and China, which has the quanity part of the war thats coming...

Both sides have more than 50 countries, and yet due to the fact that the USA is preparing to attack Iran, there will be a massive carnage.

As some news reporter predicted, there will be more than 400 countries later in this century...

I can imagine how this is going to go...

I feel dizzy, and why the fuck am I writing this anyways.......

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » May 7th, 2006, 5:59 pm

whoknows wrote:
EVN - I'm just me... wrote:^ LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

judas your ass is dumb. persians are arabs they became persian arabs when the arabs invaded persia and mixed with them. the only thing that makes them different from the arabs of north africa to iraq is that they kept there mother tongue (farsi) and culture unlike the other arabs.
Persians and Arabs have a loooooong history of conflicts and war. Supposedly Sunni Arabs killed the holy Imam Ali, which is very important to the Shiits second only to Muhammad himself. They are still breeding some anger against Arabs for that to this very day.

They dont like each other too much and are kind of different. Beginning with that most Arabs are Sunni Muslims and Persians are 98% Shiits. Apart from that language and tradition is different. They are as much apart from each other as, lets say Brasil and Columbia are.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » May 7th, 2006, 10:31 pm

Yes and well most Muslims accept as a fellow Muslim anyone who has publicly pronounced the Shahada, a ritual declaration of submission to God (Allah) and assertion that Muhammad is the messenger of God there are exceptions.

According to most sources, present estimates indicate that approximately 85% of the world's Muslims are Sunni and approximately 15% are Shi'a. The Sunnis have the numbers.

whoknows
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whoknows » May 8th, 2006, 2:34 am

Sentenza wrote: Persians and Arabs have a loooooong history of conflicts and war. Supposedly Sunni Arabs killed the holy Imam Ali, which is very important to the Shiits second only to Muhammad himself. They are still breeding some anger against Arabs for that to this very day.

They dont like each other too much and are kind of different. Beginning with that most Arabs are Sunni Muslims and Persians are 98% Shiits. Apart from that language and tradition is different. They are as much apart from each other as, lets say Brasil and Columbia are.
sunni's didn't kill the caliph ali u got that shit wrong, it was the kharajites they different from sunni's and shi'a.

sunni's believe that anybody can lead muslims while the shi'a's believe that only mohommed's family should. that's they whole dispute in a nutshell.

i disagree with u saying that sunni's and shi'a don't like each other u going by to much of what the news say and saddam's war idea of sunni's verse shi'a. i mean they have they disputes but sunni's and shi'a's got love 4 each other. cause u got countries like iraq, lebanon and saudia arabia which have a large shi'a poplulation but those countries are in the arab league and the shi'a there are considered arab's.

whoknows
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whoknows » May 8th, 2006, 3:19 am

that sunni's are arab's and shi'a's are persian is some buuuuuull cause u got countries like turkey which is sunni but they not considered arab and turkey is not in the arab league. then there is somalia which is in the arab league but the arabs don't considerer them arab. all that arab world and non arab world goes back to the british empire. but all the muslims from africa to turkey are arabs its just that countries like iran, afghanistan and turkey kept there tongue while the others switched. but what makes them all arab is the fact that mohammed said that an arab is anyone who speaks arabic and that the qur'an is not to be translated out of arabic.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » May 8th, 2006, 4:05 am

whoknows wrote:that sunni's are arab's and shi'a's are persian is some buuuuuull cause u got countries like turkey which is sunni but they not considered arab and turkey is not in the arab league. then there is somalia which is in the arab league but the arabs don't considerer them arab. all that arab world and non arab world goes back to the british empire. but all the muslims from africa to turkey are arabs its just that countries like iran, afghanistan and turkey kept there tongue while the others switched. but what makes them all arab is the fact that mohammed said that an arab is anyone who speaks arabic and that the qur'an is not to be translated out of arabic.
Well i did not want to say that that is exclusively the case (with the Sunnis and Shiits being persian and Arab).
Not all countries that were islamized switched the language. From North Africa to Syria to Iraq is the Arab speaking world. But you have lots of non arabic countries, that are islamic aswell (Indonesia, Nigeria,Pakistan etc.)

And you are right, Persian and Arabs did a lot of intermixing, which you can tell by looking at the language. You have lots of Arab words in Persian and vice versa.

About the Kharajites killing Ali, you are right, but still there is animosity between Shiits and Sunnis.
Al Zarquawi, Bin Laden etc. declared the Shiits as infidels, and they are not the first in history. Most of the bombings in Iraq by the Sunnis nowadays are directed against Shiits, in order to destabilize Iraq.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » May 8th, 2006, 6:48 am

whoknows wrote:i disagree with u saying that sunni's and shi'a don't like each other u going by to much of what the news say and saddam's war idea of sunni's verse shi'a. i mean they have they disputes but sunni's and shi'a's got love 4 each other.
True. In Iraq ordinary people don't have any kind of problems with each others. There's a huge amount of families that are mixed Shias and Sunnis. News are giving a whole wrong picture of Iraq.
Sentenza wrote:Most of the bombings in Iraq by the Sunnis nowadays are directed against Shiits, in order to destabilize Iraq.
Most of the bombings in Iraq nowadays are committed by the death squads and the so-called Iraq National Guard, and not by the Sunnis. Just like the shrine blast a while ago. Even Zarqawi has said numerous times that he don't believe that Sunnis would be doing something so stupid, but that the occupieing forces are behind those acts.

If people in Iraq would have wanted to go against each others, they would have already done it. But they don't want that, because they don't see such a big differences between Sunnis and Shias.

Jedburgh

Unread post by Jedburgh » May 14th, 2006, 4:14 pm

Iraq under Saddam was a secular dictatorship. So there was quite a bit of Sunni-Shi'a intermarriage among the educated classes in the cities of central Iraq. But the majority of the population outside the power centers and in the rural areas stayed within their sects, tribes and clans for marriage.

The current divide in Iraq between Sunni and Shi'a is more political than sectarian; the Sunni's have held power in Iraq since it was created after WWI, and the Shi'a have been sidelined. The Sunni tribes still refuse to accept that they will never have that ultimate power again - they may have a voice within an elected democratic government, but they will always remain a minority.

Sunni insurgents have targeted Shi'a civilians as well as coalition forces, not to the degree that the foreign jihadists have, but the indigenous Sunni hands are not clean by a long shot. The foreign jihadis have made a concentrated effort to ignite a full-scale sectarian war in Iraq by regularly targeting Shi'a civilians and mosques.

Only strong and sustained efforts by Sistani have managed to keep the Shi'a hotheads from breaking out. Still, in the past few months there have been Shi'a "deathsquads" actively hunting down Sunnis in revenge. Its fair to say that Iraq is only a hair away from a full-blown sectarian blood-fest in central Iraq.

I keep saying "central Iraq", because the problem is concentrated in that area. In the south, its almost all Shi'a, and there are little no sectarian issues. In the north, the Kurds are keeping the lid on - even though you have Sunni, Shi'a, Christian and Yezidi up north, you don't have the violence you see in the central part of the country. Again, that is because the killing in that area is essentially politically driven, even though it manifests itself in sectarian violence.

ajay049
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ajay049 » August 4th, 2006, 12:52 pm

My opinion... I think Israel would take out Iran. Israel's strong air force would benefit a non-border war. Iran's only power would be nuclear witch has not been perfected yet, and thier supply of short range missles witch are not effective from thier distance.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » August 4th, 2006, 9:13 pm

Iran has one of the strongest armies in the world

No, they have one of the "Largest" Armies in the world, but most definitely not the most Powerful, they could not even keep up with Saddam in 88' and Saddam's army was indeed Large, but weak and poorly maintained, there soldiers are ill equipped and poorly trained. Israel has the military yield to wipe Iran off the map in a matter of seconds. Weather it be conventional or not.

bsavanh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bsavanh » August 7th, 2006, 9:44 am

WAKE UP PEOPLE! the conflict did not start with the kidnappings but when israel continued to hold lebanese land! the conflict goes back longer than the 4 weeks the jewish controlled mass media wants the people to believe! watch the links that i've posted below and be forever awaken!

mr galloway could not have say it any more truthfully
http://www.freespeechwar.com/smf/index.php?topic=2884.0

Peace, Propaganda & The Promised Land. -- Educational Video
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... pr=goog-sl