Would You consider Joining The Military Pt. 3

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Would You consider Joining The Military Pt. 3

Unread post by Common Sense » January 14th, 2006, 10:43 am

Due to the low recruitment numbers in the Army since the Iraq war, the Army has decided to let people join there high tech force, that otherwise would have been disqualified from low ASVAB scores (basically, the army has lowered it's criteria to join).

Would you join Army if you had the chance now?

Dregsta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Dregsta » May 26th, 2006, 10:37 am

the diffrence between a freedom fighter and a soldier is that the solder is a mercenarry cuz he gets paid to go to war.I would never inlist to the army,what are the benefits of joining?You learn how to become a man?pffff they break you down to be a killer they dont teach you how to raise a family but to how to clean a gun do drills and obey orders!

What happens when youll lose a leg or a arm?Your only covered for 2 years for medical treatment.Thats bull man your going to have to live the rest of your life handicapped.It dont matter if they lowered there standards it dont mean shit to me cuz there filling there pockets full of green and laught there way to the bank while we the people cross seas and die in the sand.

Only ignorent people join the army that have no understanding of the systems fonction and there purpose.I dont care if ya broke or how "patriottic" you are to the tyrants that are running the shit,you just a flat thinker who doesnt think harder for himself.LOL cuz 2 planes "brought" down 2 buildings we got to go 2 war.ITs funny, when the elits can assasinate a president crumbling 2 towers is a joke!

Jedburgh

Unread post by Jedburgh » May 27th, 2006, 7:18 pm

Dregsta wrote:What happens when youll lose a leg or a arm?Your only covered for 2 years for medical treatment.Thats bull man your going to have to live the rest of your life handicapped.
Not true. A soldier who loses a limb goes through the full physical therapy process and is provided with a prosthetic limb by the military - if he is unable to perform his duties with the prosthetic limb, then he is medically retired. Meaning he receives disability and medical treatment for the rest of his life.

Its still not a lot of money, and nothing can ever make up for the loss of limb. Not to mention the immense difficulties of restarting your life after something like that. But nobody who is severely wounded is cut off after two years.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » May 27th, 2006, 9:05 pm

If any Korea finally erupts I will join any army trying to liberate the North, I can lose an arm, leg, and the hardest sacrafice (d*ck shot off) and lose my life and I can die happy knowing people will be saved.

For those who say the war would cost more lives than if saves..... f*ck off until you've lived there and we see how well you can survive.

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » June 3rd, 2006, 10:53 am

I wouldn't join the military unless I was invincable during war. And I mean that I can't die and can't feel pain.

So it would be like playing a video game in god mode but only it's you fighting with guns instead of fighting with the controller...

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Re: Would You consider Joining The Military Pt. 3

Unread post by Sentenza » June 3rd, 2006, 12:04 pm

Common Sense wrote:Due to the low recruitment numbers in the Army since the Iraq war, the Army has decided to let people join there high tech force, that otherwise would have been disqualified from low ASVAB scores (basically, the army has lowered it's criteria to join).

Would you join Army if you had the chance now?
Iwouldnt join any army without good reason. I am not planning on becoming
a puppet for a hand full of greedy politicians.They dont even give a fuck whe n i would die and so they do with the soldiers in Iraq etc.
I would fight for some reasons though.

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Oak Cliff

Unread post by Aquafresh » June 5th, 2006, 10:23 am

I would consider joining if the terrorists killed someone close to me, MAYBE! :?

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

Unread post by punamusta » June 5th, 2006, 11:53 am

In Finland we have a "common conscription", meaning that every man over 18 has to go to the army (for 6-12 months). So basically every Finn is military trained, hahah.

If you won't go to the army it's either jail (for 6,5 months) or unsalaried labour (for 13 months). My father went to jail when he was at that age, my brother will go to the jail in near future, and I worked for that 13 months. I was going to jail, but my mother was back then in pretty bad shape (had tried to kill herself, etc.) so I "chose" the unsalaried work at the local elementary school... It's a f*cked up system here considering the military service. Real shame for us as a nation.

I would never join any government/nation army and fight for the reasons I couldn't agree. Instead I could fight against those leaders. If violence is used it has to be sure that the results of that are more positive than negative. That of course isn't easy to know, so I would need an extremely good reason to fight with violence. That because almost every time violence breeds violence.

Dregsta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Dregsta » June 6th, 2006, 9:55 pm

In Finland we have a "common conscription", meaning that every man over 18 has to go to the army (for 6-12 months). So basically every Finn is military trained, hahah.

If you won't go to the army it's either jail (for 6,5 months) or unsalaried labour (for 13 months). My father went to jail when he was at that age, my brother will go to the jail in near future, and I worked for that 13 months. I was going to jail, but my mother was back then in pretty bad shape (had tried to kill herself, etc.) so I "chose" the unsalaried work at the local elementary school... It's a f*cked up system here considering the military service. Real shame for us as a nation.

I would never join any government/nation army and fight for the reasons I couldn't agree. Instead I could fight against those leaders. If violence is used it has to be sure that the results of that are more positive than negative. That of course isn't easy to know, so I would need an extremely good reason to fight with violence. That because almost every time violence breeds violence.
PROPS!
I admire you courage mane and also ur careness for a family member that is more dear than anything else!

Politicians are scumbags!The best way to fight them is to educate yourself and others AND MOST IMPORTANT! ALWAYS ALWAYS BARE ARMS!Becaus if they strip that way from u say bye bye to your freedom because these are the signs of a tyrannical goverment.

G.S. f-ing E.
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by G.S. f-ing E. » August 8th, 2006, 1:31 pm

No disrespect to anyones opinions here, but I am proud to be a soldier in the U.S. Army. I just spent a year in Iraq, and I'm glad that I did it. Regardless of what the news tries to make it seem like, we really are doing good things over there. That being said, any country that harbours or in any way supports international terrorism should be punished.
My only beef is with the politicians who continuously turn down grants to the military which prevents us from getting the equipment that we need to do our job efficiently.
The military is only for the strong minded. The whole thing is about 80% mental and some people can't handle it. There is nothing wrong with not joining. It is obviously not for everyone.

And to the Dregsta fellow, do you have any idea how much of a target America would be if no one joined the military? Please refrain from hasty generalizations...it pisses people off.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » August 8th, 2006, 4:10 pm

G.S. f-ing E. wrote:Regardless of what the news tries to make it seem like, we really are doing good things over there.
The news media tends to put the same spin on things here in America, which is usually negative. Would you share first hand some of the good things being done by American and Coalitions soldiers and Airmen in Iraq?

G.S. f-ing E.
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by G.S. f-ing E. » August 8th, 2006, 6:20 pm

We are rebuilding schools and hospitals. We provide safe passege through hostile territory. About 70% of the violence is Shiite on Sunni or vice versa, we do everything we can to reduce the violence between these groups. My unit took part in personally training over 700 iraqi police and almost 400 iraqi national guard. they were all very eager to learn and I'm glad these people are taking a step-up to manage thier own country.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » August 8th, 2006, 8:14 pm

The media never show if the Iraqi people are grateful for the schools and hospitals. All that is usually shown is uprisings and the burning of American and Israeli flags.

Do you get a sense that the Iraqi's are glad American forces are there to help provide security until the country is able to do it for themselves?

G.S. f-ing E.
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by G.S. f-ing E. » August 8th, 2006, 10:51 pm

the majority of the insurgents are actually not iraqi. most are from syria or iran. most iraqis are glad we are here. even though iraq is on the verge of civil war, their anger is among themselves.

Dregsta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Dregsta » August 12th, 2006, 11:56 pm

G.S. f-ing E. wrote:No disrespect to anyones opinions here, but I am proud to be a soldier in the U.S. Army. I just spent a year in Iraq, and I'm glad that I did it. Regardless of what the news tries to make it seem like, we really are doing good things over there. That being said, any country that harbours or in any way supports international terrorism should be punished.
My only beef is with the politicians who continuously turn down grants to the military which prevents us from getting the equipment that we need to do our job efficiently.
The military is only for the strong minded. The whole thing is about 80% mental and some people can't handle it. There is nothing wrong with not joining. It is obviously not for everyone.

And to the Dregsta fellow, do you have any idea how much of a target America would be if no one joined the military? Please refrain from hasty generalizations...it pisses people off.
Sorry that I pissed u off meathead!Its all good that your willing to be sacrificed for corrupt politicians, the army knows what to whit ignorant uneducated citizens.I would respect a soldier that WOULD JOIN ONLY TO FIGHT FOR HIS SOVEREIGN COUNTRY ON HIS OWN MOTHERF--KING SOIL!Jesus Christ you guys have to even buy your kevlar vest!Not even Hitler woulda do that!LOL

Ya u guys are building schools and other stuff but most contracts are for us contractors.Im sure the Irakies are happy that Saddam(the us puppet) is gone and that fallujah was chemically carpet bombed and that a young little girl got raped and her whole familly murdered by a us squad.And they where more then happy when u bombed them from miles away like fucking cowards and killed children,familys and innocent iraqie CITIZENS for what u call "democracy".

Saddam was a brutal dictator and he shoulda ben taken out but not at the cost of billions of dollards,innocent lives of both Iraqi and Us citizens(soldiers).That war aint gonna end soon, whats more profitable 1 year of war or extend it to a decade of non stop conflit?

Dregsta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Dregsta » August 13th, 2006, 12:01 am

G.S. f-ing E. wrote:the majority of the insurgents are actually not iraqi. most are from syria or iran. most iraqis are glad we are here. even though iraq is on the verge of civil war, their anger is among themselves.
OHHHH YAAAAAA!? More reason to go and bomb there ass next!To the iraqies and the world u guys are the fucking insurgents!What happenned to your country?It was once the teddy bear of the world and now its a global nightmare!

G.S. f-ing E.
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by G.S. f-ing E. » August 13th, 2006, 2:14 am

Dregsta wrote:
G.S. f-ing E. wrote:No disrespect to anyones opinions here, but I am proud to be a soldier in the U.S. Army. I just spent a year in Iraq, and I'm glad that I did it. Regardless of what the news tries to make it seem like, we really are doing good things over there. That being said, any country that harbours or in any way supports international terrorism should be punished.

!Jesus Christ you guys have to even buy your kevlar vest!Not even Hitler woulda do that!LOL
ummm...no we don't i dont' know who told you that, but we dont have to pay for any of the gear we are issued. you are uneducated on this subject and i can tell you are one of those who believes everything they read even if its from a biased source. you are not worth my time.

G.S. f-ing E.
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by G.S. f-ing E. » August 13th, 2006, 2:18 am

Dregsta wrote:
G.S. f-ing E. wrote:the majority of the insurgents are actually not iraqi. most are from syria or iran. most iraqis are glad we are here. even though iraq is on the verge of civil war, their anger is among themselves.
OHHHH YAAAAAA!? More reason to go and bomb there ass next!To the iraqies and the world u guys are the #%@&#%@ insurgents!What happenned to your country?It was once the teddy bear of the world and now its a global nightmare!
i was there first hand buddy. i know whats going on over there. so watch what you say and now you are not just pissing off a soldier, you're pissing off America now.

Dregsta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Dregsta » August 13th, 2006, 10:15 am

G.S. f-ing E. wrote:
Dregsta wrote:
OHHHH YAAAAAA!? More reason to go and bomb there ass next!To the iraqies and the world u guys are the #%@&#%@ insurgents!What happenned to your country?It was once the teddy bear of the world and now its a global nightmare!
i was there first hand buddy. i know whats going on over there. so watch what you say and now you are not just pissing off a soldier, you're pissing off America now.
No i aint pissing off america,Im pissing off the NEO-CONSERVATIVE faction!Like some dumb down soldier is the voice of america.Lol pathetic.You sound just like Hanneti on fox tv. I believe everything that read huh lol then i woulda ben in Afghanistan by now fighting bearded men and getting "friendly"fire from u guys.Like america really gives a fcuk about others, I can see there really taking care of there own internal problems like the deficit,katrina,education and countless others.

I dont hate america but I HATE THOSE IN CHARGE!

G.S. f-ing E.
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by G.S. f-ing E. » August 14th, 2006, 1:56 am

you are putting soldier in political crosshairs. that is what pisses me off.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » August 15th, 2006, 12:56 am

It all depends on the situation - if, for example I had been a young one in the 40's, no doubts I would have wanted to fight Hitler, it was the right thing to do. And as someone above said, if terrorists killed family, then I can't pretend I'd want peace, I wouldn't. But it also depends who the rulers are - in the case of the US, many many people in UK say, admire America and like Americans but seperate their admiration of America/Americans from neo-con power and policy. On a tiny scale - I wouldn't have gone to fight the Agentinians for Thatcher, and I wouldn't join the army to fight in Iraq or ant ready to go neo-con wars in the pipeline

balla909
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by balla909 » December 18th, 2006, 4:08 am

Dregsta you need to be dragged outside and shot. Im in Iraq right now and you don't know what the hell you are talking about. I really hope you get executed. You are a disgrace to the world.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » December 18th, 2006, 4:14 am

^^So let us know where you disagree with him.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 18th, 2006, 4:19 am

balla909 wrote:Dregsta you need to be dragged outside and shot. Im in Iraq right now and you don't know what the hell you are talking about. I really hope you get executed. You are a disgrace to the world.
LOOOLLLLLLLL!!!!! nigga said dragged and shot, thats some classic shit, nah balla but understand drestas point of view tho my nigga, before you jump to some bold shit, like murderin a nigga.

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » December 18th, 2006, 7:05 am

i have nothing against soldiers, they do what they are told, they are trained to follow orders, they are really just pawns in the war (no offence).
About 70% of the violence is Shiite on Sunni or vice versa
who is the cause of this? you removed their leader and goverment?
and please dont tell me that, it was worse in the days of saddam, (even though im happy he is gone). but you just dont go bomb a president because you dont like him.

america did not go Iraq to free the iraqi people, it went to get rid a potential threat to the usa.

Dregsta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Dregsta » December 18th, 2006, 3:59 pm

balla909 wrote:Dregsta you need to be dragged outside and shot. Im in Iraq right now and you don't know what the hell you are talking about. I really hope you get executed. You are a disgrace to the world.
You are just a pawn on a chess board.You do not serve the people you serve the oligarchy of your country!You can shake your head in denial like you got Parkinson's disease but one day you'll have to face the facts.Dont bring up that stupid bigot idiotic rhetoric response that u guys are over there fighting for freedom or "democracy".I bet you dont even know what democracy means u ignorant piece of s h i t!

Dregsta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Dregsta » December 18th, 2006, 4:11 pm

frozen fire wrote:

america did not go Iraq to free the iraqi people, it went to get rid a potential threat to the usa.
Yes indeed the threat that Saddam wanted to change the exchange courancy whitch was US dollars to the Euro because he didnt want to use a enemy currency to exchange goods.That's just one of the reasons why they are there.

Dregsta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Dregsta » December 18th, 2006, 4:19 pm

G.S. f-ing E. wrote:you are putting soldier in political crosshairs. that is what pisses me off.
Soldier in a political crosshair?What the fcuk is that suppossed to mean?

Saamir_Red_Fam
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Saamir_Red_Fam » December 22nd, 2006, 7:07 pm

figth for the same gov't that opresses me...no

SniperSVD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SniperSVD » December 23rd, 2006, 4:38 pm

i consistently score 87 on the asvab, high in math, mechanics and intelegence,,,
but i think they know better than train me and turn me loose.... heaven forbid that we win any of these 3rd World, wars that we are fighting... err um world war 3 that we are fighting.

Saamir_Red_Fam
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Saamir_Red_Fam » December 26th, 2006, 5:05 pm

no....why would i help my opressors......

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 26th, 2006, 5:13 pm

Really tho snipe, I took the asvab I thought it was private record, but maybe ten minutes after I submit the test for results I got maybe 13 phone calls from the Air Force, talkin about I would be a valuable asset. LOLLL! Nigga Id hi jack an f-18. fly that bitch to North Korea and sell it to there military, move back to Jamaica as a millionaire.