What do Harris and Gallop polls say?

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.

What do Harris and Gallop polls say?

Unread post by Guest » June 30th, 2003, 3:06 pm

Check out this recent Gallop Poll, http://www.gallup.com/poll/releases/pr030616.asp which states:

"Only a minority of Americans -- mostly Democrats and independents -- believe the Bush administration has deliberately misled the American public about Iraq's possession of weapons of mass destruction. In part, this is related to the fact that most Americans continue to think it is likely that Iraq indeed did have weapons of mass destruction before the war began in March, although the number of Americans who are certain about this has dropped. Still, a slight majority of the public, including a third of Republicans, is willing to support the idea of congressional hearings into what the government knew about Iraq's capabilities to produce WMD before the war began."

Another interesting poll taken on June 19, 2003 at http://slate.msn.com/id/2084602/ says:

"According to a Harris poll out Wednesday, a majority of Americans still think the Bush administration was telling the truth before the war when it said it had hard evidence of WMD. A Knight Ridder poll released last weekend reports that a third of the populace believes that the weapons have been discovered. A Fox News poll last week found that almost half of Americans feel that the administration was "intentionally misleading" about Iraq's weapons, but more than two-thirds think the war was justified anyway. A Gallup Poll released Wednesday concludes that almost 9 out of 10 Americans still think Saddam had or was close to having WMD."

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » June 30th, 2003, 8:28 pm

I have to represent given the seriousness of the original effort and say that instead of hearing

"During a Pentagon (news - web sites) briefing, Rumsfeld compared the postwar situation in Iraq to the difficult path taken by the United States after declaring its independence from Britain and before establishing a new Constitution and electing a president. Rumsfeld also accused some members of the news media, who he did not identify, of hoping Iraq becomes another Vietnam. When a reporter identified the Vietnam War during the briefing as "your classic quagmire," Rumsfeld cut her off and said: "There are so many cartoons where people, press people, are saying, 'Is it Vietnam yet?' hoping it is and wondering if it is. And it isn't. It's a different time. It's a different era. It's a different place" as at http://news.yahoo.com/fc?tmpl=fc&cid=34 ... med_forces,

I would rather hear "We are working humbly and hard with wise ethical wise businessmen who have a proven reputation and the Iraq people to ensure that the original objectives which are to free Iraq and return a productive free Iraq to the the Iraq people, in line with national security, be accomplished quickly are accomplished."

But I'm not hearing that. Rumsfield seems to fancy himself a comedian at times who laughs at his own jokes and always takes the hard line. Now I have a military recognition in my files signed by Rumsfield for honorable military service and I love this country enough to march in the streets today if required for American (and have), however, I am well aware that unregenerate human behavior does not change.

Let's finish this right. We have a responsibililty to fulfill. I do not want to hear arrogance and see a slide toward another Vietnam. No more troops! Instead more communication and excellent divine personal relationships with the Iraq people and their leaders. I have represented what I believe to be true as an American. Best wishes and let's hear from you all.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

WMD

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 1st, 2003, 4:31 pm

They are wasting taxpayer money sending all those boys to do security work. I say they should just get them Rampart boys to go down there and find the WMD, if you know what I mean. I'm sure they'll find something real quick. LOL.

In this day in age, it's all about accountability. Where are the WMD? Where's Sadaam and Osama? American populace will want closure to this whole situation. 9-11 tragedy really proved to be a wake up call to us here in the States. Our foreign policies have been thrown into the spotlight, people are now looking into what we have been doing all this time. Nobody wants another Vietnam, too many questions, too many roundabout answers. American public opinions sway like the wind, Bush had better get some answers out. I got some good peoples that recently came back from Iraq. It would have been a shame to have lost them for no reason, just like as it IS a shame to have lost someone on these L.A. streets.

C-rum
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by C-rum » July 8th, 2003, 12:53 pm

I think Bush is full of shi*. How is he going to liberate Iraq when he hasnt even liberated the Negroes and Hispanics here in AmeriKKKa. He spent Billions of dollars to send troops over to Iraq when he couldve used that money to help build up the ghettos and projects we live in 2day and give us medical treatment an education. And they still aint found no WMD,troops are still gettin smoked eveyday clearly showing U Americas not wanted over there NE way. Iraq wasnt a real threat to AmeriKKKa its all just part of the Governments New World Order plan which started with 9-11 how is Saddam such a threat when if U research, AmeriKKKa's the ones that put him in power in the 1st place. The weapons Saddam was using in the Iraq-Iran war were weapons sold to him by AmeriKKKa to be tested. I think we minorities need to wake up and stop going with the flow of everything this currupt country says and does. Us negroes especially remember how we came here.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » July 8th, 2003, 8:46 pm

dusty lol and i agree with c rum all those bustaz are going with the flow ,like those bitchs ass house niggas with amerikkka's flag in front of their house .

C-rum
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by C-rum » July 9th, 2003, 11:04 am

Hell yeah you got all these Uncle tom niggas with Amerikkkan flags just like alot of us(not me) celebraeted independence day july 4th if we're all Amerikkkans why when Amerikkka got its Independence in 1776 were us negroes still piccing cotton sayin yes massa no massa and still gettin whooped with bullwhips. And these sellout niggas 2day got the nerve to back this Country that doesnt give a fucc about you. Yall remember what Trent Lott said. Thats how this whole Government really feels.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » July 9th, 2003, 11:56 am

You saw someone get whipped with a bullwhip!?! Wow! You should seek criminal prosecution on that (even as a hate crime if it the victim was a minority) as well as help them recover a significant civil monetary award as is your right and moral duty in this country that affords you the freedom to do so.

As for people putting up an American flag, what do you care? It's their business if they want to do so just as it's your business if you choose not to. Given the number of flags out there these days, it's pretty obvious though there are a lot of people who feel they have benefited in some way by being here.

Immigration is a fairly complicated process, however, anyone who hates their country of origin that strongly should consider initiating the process of immigration to another country as is their legal right in this country.

C-rum
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by C-rum » July 9th, 2003, 12:34 pm

Im not going to go into a long debate with you about this issue I can see by your smart ass comments about criminal prosecution your ancestors werent on the recieving end of the whip or your just one of the uncle tom sellouts we're talking about. If what you said were true this country wouldve been given us restoration for our Great,Great grandfathers building this country but thats not happening Why cuz this country doesnt feel what they did was unjust. As for the flag issue ya damn right I choose not to put 1 up but if I burnt 1 Id go to jail so its not as Free here as you proclaim. Plus even if I could leave this Country I'd have to get permission from the U.S. government to get a passport to go back to MY homeland which they stole my ancestors from in the 1st place. And it wouldnt be long B4 they'd be over there telling me how to live and what to do just ask them people in the Middle East.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » July 9th, 2003, 1:59 pm

No worries c-rum. I'm not interested in a long debate either. And yes I'm reasonably smart and have an ass so I suppose that makes me a smartass.. lol.

Also, no my ancestor's were not on the end of a whip. But they weren't swinging one either. They were a bunch of monks in Europe trying to raise civilizations in the dark ages to reason. They only partially succeeded unfortunately. My American anscestors fought on the side of the North and abhorred the evil institution of slavery throughout our family history and paid a price on several occasions for doing so. Today, it is encouraged in my family to be involved in trying to make the world a better place. And not one of them is looking for any earthly rewards, ribbons, or medals for doing this either. Anyway, that's where I come from if you care. If you don't, then I just wasted a paragraph explaining that to you. I hope you do care though.

Yes, you are right about the flag burning issue I think as well as the other.

I really wasn't trying to be a smartass though. I was just trying to bring a very prevalent belief system to you. This is what most people I meet believe and I do to some extent as well.

I'm really referring to power and how to deal with it. Fighting "the power" headon can burn you out, take you down, even destroy you. It's easier for a young man to do this than old man too. There are other ways. You can harness power, influence power, etc.. You know what I'm saying.

The sweeping generalizations, degenerate labeling of people, etc.. is typically what racists do. We don't want any of that bro. So fighting the power that way doesn't bring real change, in my opinion, or make the person doing that's life better. It's just a rage release and that's about it. Can you feel me or am I feeling myself?

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Easy dogs...

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 9th, 2003, 4:25 pm

Not to get in the middle, but since I'm here...

It's 2003, some things have changed while others have not. The difference is that knowledge of self and what you do with that knowledge to help improve your community or situation around you is what counts. Don't get me wrong, I know there is a lot of things wrong with this country, but I will most likely live and die here the rest of my natural life. Other countries are in a much worst predicament. I've got a stake here, my grandfather gave 30+ years in service of the U.S. Army and my other grandfather gave 25+ years in service of the U.S. Navy during WWII. They brought us here to make this thing happen here in the LOS. I salute and support all the soldiers and troops that put in work for the country, but I don't trust the rhyme and reason for them being sent. The day a president shows the people true respect will be the day he sends his own child to the wars he wages...then we'll see what's up.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » July 9th, 2003, 5:14 pm

Big Dusty Loco: Thanks bro. I DO think you very deep with your thinking and most of the time I'm following you around on this board learning from you.

You're not in the middle at all. c-rum is being totally honest as far as I can tell and I don't begrudge him anything. I can speculate that he's probably active, younger maybe, been through some things for real and he's bringing heat with him. That's fine. I'm open to rapping with him of course even though we are very different people with different experiences. I just hope we both learn something.

By the way, every word you just said in your last post I agree with! You should write a book bro. Peace.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

hey

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 10th, 2003, 9:36 am

wcrockets,
Thanks for the compliment homie. I'm learning every day with every cat I meet.

Keep it movin' yall...dialogue is communication whether bad or good, as long as we can all learn something new and apply it.

thesoulsedge
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: What do Harris and Gallop polls say?

Unread post by thesoulsedge » July 22nd, 2003, 3:52 am

To me, ya'll ain't bein true to yourself. Saddam Hussein was a vicious thug...am I right? Saddam was a killa who killed men, women and children at will.

So who cares if Bush lied about WMD? So what, Bush took out a straight-out thug. It's the law of the street. Bush had more street knowledge, money and pull. So he took out his enemies.

Would anybody be angry if a strong thug killed a weaker thug? No, it's the law of the streets. And Bush simply won the thug game. So give President Thus is props for his international bumrush in Iraq. And that's what it was...a bumrush. Shout out the White House/Crack House.

Keep it real ya'll.

thesoulsedge
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thesoulsedge » July 23rd, 2003, 10:08 am

Now the Bush thug has just mudured two of Saddam's sons. Like I said, it's just the law of the streets...thug eats thug eats thug. And maybe that's the way the world should be.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » July 23rd, 2003, 11:32 am

some time i even wonder if you are a nigger souledge ? so a nigger givin shout to the white house well you know what kind of nigga is that ...

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » July 23rd, 2003, 1:35 pm

No need to get personal people. Everyone is entitled to an opinion (per God) and legally permitted to express it (as per first amendment) in the USA.

As for Bush nailing Saddam's boys, it's no surprise. As for Bush taking Iraq, one down two to go.

thesoulsedge
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thesoulsedge » July 24th, 2003, 10:35 am

Casper: I got some respect for Bush. Most Democrats appoint blacks to "non-sensitive" departments such as Education or Social Services. But Bush appointed Condi to national security advisor and Powell to state. These two blacks have access to the most sensitive intelligence information in the US and the world.

I respect the stability of the Bush family. His father--the first President Bush--is in a stable marriage to a woman he loves. He was head of CIA, ambassador to China, a Senator. Now, his son--who was Gov. of Texas--is now President. His other son--Jeb--is Gov. of Texas. And they are all people of faith. To me, they should be the so-called "American Royalty" instead of the shady Kennedys.

Look at the Kennedy family and the Bush family. The Bush family is more successful, stable and faithful to the American Ideal.

Remember when Bush said he wanted Osama "dead or alive". That was straight-out thug language.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » July 24th, 2003, 10:44 pm

ok i respect your point of view ,but my point of view is that niggaz like you should be called house boys to me you guys are more dangerous than the klan cause you like bounty chocolate bars black out white in ,i don't think bush have any kind of love for my people, mexican or blacks that are struglin to survive in amerikkkan gettos,the boy even want to cut wellfare system ,and do you really believe that this guy did a good work in texas ? well the two ''black'' boys that are working for him are just like you ,white boys pupets ,and do you really think powell is black ?

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 25th, 2003, 12:05 pm

So he appoints 2 black people to traditionally white-help positions and he's the bomb? I don't think so. Politicians do things for a reason. Remember his campaigning in Texas, he brought up a nephew-in-law-cousins-brothers-uncle-friend up on stage as his "Latino" bloodline. Where the hell is that ese now? Bush owns oil fields, so does Bush Sr. Rumsfeld owns fields in Texas. Most of the cats in his cabinet are good ol' Texas millionaires. Bush sent many BROWN/BLACK soldiers to fight a war in IRAQ that hasn't produced any evidence of WMD. But there is a oil pipeline to construct from IRAQ to Kuwait that can provide millions of barrels of oil, instead of trying to ship oil from the Dead Sea around the long way. BUSH SR. was the head of the CIA back during Reaganomics. If you weren't here in the LOS during the 80's, that's when CRACK evened the playing field here on the streets and turned many people into zombies and killers. The BUSH's take care of their political interests, they take care of the people that do favors for them. Most of them cats are from Texas.

All this ya ya about BUSH being a thug? That's a joke. To me, he's a bitchmade buster! I never met no REAL GANGSTER that didn't get in the car himself when we gangbanged. He sent thousands of soldiers and spent billions on this fake war. If Saddam was such a threat, who is next in line? Anyone who gets in the way of Bush family financial interests? This can go back to 9/11. All planes are monitored by the FEDS. How did these 2 get away from radar? Try flying a plane full of coke from outta the country, see what happens. Coast guard can nail those small planes, but they couldn't track those 2 jumbo-liners? Try flying over a federally restricted area, see how fast you get shot down. Don't believe everything you hear and see in the media. Keep your mind open, absorb any info you can get, traditional or nontraditional, then make rational deductions out of it.

Once you put emotion into the mix, it gets all jumbled up. The facts please.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » July 25th, 2003, 2:20 pm

You do have to keep an open mind. The media is controlled by all sorts of influences. As BDL said, not many of them are from your hood. That's for sure.

My opinion only I'm not claiming this as facts but my opinion on what I've read, seen, and heard:

I'm glad we went into Iraq and most of the reports in alternative media that I'm reading is that the Iraq people are very excited about the changes starting to happen. Sure there's some unhappy Bath party loyalists around causing minor attrition a few times a week but it's the price you pay for progress. Also, I think WMD existed but were moved or destroyed before we ever got there. As for the new pipeline, of course they built it. And it's a good thing they did. The Iraq government and people will prosper from selling their oil to us. It will take time of course for them to see the benefit. Over time they will take more control over their own resources and benefit accordingly. I don't see why in ten years they can't start to be as prosperous as Saudi Arabia is do to oil money in their hands. As for Colin Powell, he is an intelligent Black warrior who loves his country. I fully respect him and am glad he is doing the important work he does. You disrespect him way too much here in my opinion but that's your right to do so if you choose. But I think it's ignorant to do so. As for Bush and his "league of extraordinary Texas Millionaires", lol, we all come from somewhere. If you were President you would take your homies up with you too. Oh and those people he didn't stop from being executed, you should see what they were doing to their victims.

HA! What do you think of that homies?!? :shock: :P :x :oops: :o :roll:

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 25th, 2003, 2:51 pm

I can respect that as opinion. I probably would take some homies with me up there too...LOL. The rest of the world is what it is. People don't really know how lucky they are to live here in the U.S. I'd say everything comes to root, no matter the deceit. If we really went into IRAQ to free the people, root out WMD, or get free oil...it remains to be seen. It's different if we raided IRAQ to get free camels...Bush doesn't have any camel businesses so the conflict of interest is not there. I don't think US foreign policy is that of being a Big Brother to everybody. It's kind of like being the school yard bully, make sure you make the lil boys feel like your protecting them but also making sure your taking their lunch money at the same time. You give them enough to get by, but not too much that they don't need you anymore. It's amazing to see/hear other countries opinions about the US. We are a superpower standing alone on top. It makes every one else in the world feel uneasy. We got the guns, the money, the beeyaatches. Haterism is around the corner, lurking outside or within.

Colin Powell? From what I know about him, he's gone through a lot, fought for a lot. You can't take anything away from that man. He came up in the man's "system" and rose to the top. I don't care what color you are, but that's an accomplishment to me. He took their game and out "played" them.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » July 25th, 2003, 3:18 pm

Yeah, I was just giving opinion. It could change you know depending on what really happens there. I do like your skepticism as well. I think it's healthy and wise. You're right about about the camel vs oil argument too. I have to agree if there wasn't oil there I don't even think we would still be there. Probably just rolled the military over the country and came back home. I get your point to about handing out the "lunch money." I'll have to think about that one some more. Seems to be the situation. I just wonder if it won't change as the new Iraq government comes into it's own and starts taking control back.

Rossonero
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Rossonero » July 29th, 2003, 10:33 am

If you're gonna write anything about Bush check out the topic I started.