Would You Work In Iraq or Afganistan If the Price Was Right?

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Would You Work In Iraq or Afganistan If the Price Was Right?

Unread post by Common Sense » April 12th, 2004, 7:08 pm

Many jobs through American companies are paying big bucks to rebuild since the fall of Afganistan and Iraq. Even more so Iraq after the recent wave of violence.

Lot's of specialized jobs and unspecialized such as construction, secuirty, plumber, plumber's asst., driver, EMT, no experience, etc. etc. etc.

Iraq is dangerous as hell right now, but most of these jobs are 60K or more tax free.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Would You Work In Iraq or Afganistan If the Price Was Ri

Unread post by blkjoker » April 13th, 2004, 1:08 am

Common Sense wrote:Many jobs through American companies are paying big bucks to rebuild since the fall of Afganistan and Iraq. Even more so Iraq after the recent wave of violence.

Lot's of specialized jobs and unspecialized such as construction, secuirty, plumber, plumber's asst., driver, EMT, no experience, etc. etc. etc.

Iraq is dangerous as hell right now, but most of these jobs are 60K or more tax free.
Yo my dad works in Kuwait they pay there is big also, but are not that many jobs. I am going over there soon for 3 years, my dad has been there 7 and plan on retiring there. But he was telling me about a lot of jobs in Iraq open, and the dumb people taking the chance for the money is not worth it. I would never take a chance like that for money if it means my life. In Kuwait it is not like that. I saw on the news they caught this white dude and took him hostage. He said he did it for his family, I feel that me being alive for my family is more important. Dont think jobs like that is worth your life and putting your family through the pain. Now his family broker then they was and in pain cause of his death he just made it worst.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 13th, 2004, 8:17 am

If anybody is interested in getting non techinical jobs in the middle east for high pay, some of these jobs are damn near six figures. There are serious openings in IRAQ, but be aware it's very dangerous there right now.

Check out the KBR website.

Click KBR + Jobs

Good Luck.

Anonymous20

Re: Would You Work In Iraq or Afganistan If the Price ...

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 13th, 2004, 2:58 pm

i would work there but would not consider it if I was a white american or european. Right now that is the enemy and I would blend in well with the Arab population and although I cant speak Arabic, i think non-whites would not be threatened in that environment right now. If you are Jewish with Jewish features and a Jewish name, forget about it. Do you remember what happened to Daniel Pearl? His neck was sliced and I do not suggest watching it if you are skweemish.

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » April 13th, 2004, 6:07 pm

No........almost everyone in that part of the world are American killas. No matter what color or creed, they want Americans dead.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » April 14th, 2004, 4:14 pm

I'd go if the following conditions were met: 1. I had a positive job building infrastructure and could volunteer afterwards in positive programs of my choice. 2. I made large money beyond this $60k you are talking about (I can get that here and I already am doing some good here with people). 3. It was for an acceptable contracted period of time and not indefinite. Show me that contract with a great company and I'm out of here passport in hand.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 14th, 2004, 4:41 pm

Looking at the site, the jobs are varied widely from infrastructure to drivers, to security, and recreation coordinators. 60k form what I heard is definetely a low end. I think the pay leans more to the 6 figures a year tax free. That kidnapped truck driver was getting paid 100,000 year.

He said. He did it because his dairy farm was going bankrupt.

I think if I were to do it, it would be in a neighboring country like Kuwait, Qater, then maybe Afganistan (it's not too crazy over there), Iraq (after the trippin' is over).
Last edited by Common Sense on April 14th, 2004, 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 14th, 2004, 5:11 pm

I'd go work in another country but not to make big money with those type of companies. I'd rather work around the people n im not just talkin about iraq, im talkin about any other country, even colombia, fuck the medias hype scaring everything. Im really interested in working abroad later on and having lived in morocco during my youth i kind of know what to expect (the atmosphere n people, dont know how to describe) and i love it haha its just this feeling i grew up with i guess, its part of me. anyway, just my 2cents. i wouldnt be interested in working abroad to make big money, fuck that, to refind my inner happiness my main goal. i understand myself for all you guys who are like wtf haha peace

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » April 14th, 2004, 5:40 pm

Large for that job to me means $120k with full benefits and perks and up. I went to KBR.com but when I clicked on careers and tried various options for the Middle East I just get "No Jobs Available."

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 14th, 2004, 6:55 pm

This link will get you to a working job site.

http://www.halliburton.com/careers/careers_kbr.jsp

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 14th, 2004, 9:02 pm

Common Sense wrote:Looking at the site, the jobs are varied widely from infrastructure to drivers, to security, and recreation coordinators. 60k form what I heard is definetely a low end. I think the pay leans more to the 6 figures a year tax free. That kidnapped truck driver was getting paid 100,000 year.

He said. He did it because his dairy farm was going bankrupt.

I think if I were to do it, it would be in a neighboring country like Kuwait, Qater, then maybe Afganistan (it's not too crazy over there), Iraq (after the trippin' is over).
Yeah Kuwait is where I am going. My dad was making 100,000 when he first went. He is making way more now having been there 7 years. He is looking for me a job there. He said if there is no openings he will still fly me in, there are better chances of getting a job if you already there.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 14th, 2004, 9:05 pm

I wish I would of listen to my dad a long time ago, when he was first trying to get me over there. I was about 21 at the time and i'm sure i could of worked over there ten years and retired. Im 27 now would have been 31 getting a check every month. But at the time I was chasing booty we all learn.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 15th, 2004, 7:58 am

Yep....we do learn sooner or later. Hopefully with this forum and the various topics that are posted, we can learn MUCH sooner than later.

Good luck with kuwait.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 15th, 2004, 12:07 pm

Nodoubt yo.

worldwide
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by worldwide » April 15th, 2004, 3:03 pm

honestly i would prefer kuwait, to work in but seeing that most of the openings are in iraq, it's a lot to consider. i would recommend only those who are single, it aint the place for a person with family, although the pay is excellent when you think about it. you would make 100,000 in a year,
it's very dangerous, but it pays. alot of the kbr workers are givin a 9mm glock or berreta, from what i've seen. but the one's who work in dining facilities are pretty much protected it's on a military compound.
but the construction workers and contracters are in the most danger, because they are not protected too well.

PEACE!!!

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 15th, 2004, 8:40 pm

worldwide wrote:honestly i would prefer kuwait, to work in but seeing that most of the openings are in iraq, it's a lot to consider. i would recommend only those who are single, it aint the place for a person with family, although the pay is excellent when you think about it. you would make 100,000 in a year,
it's very dangerous, but it pays. alot of the kbr workers are givin a 9mm glock or berreta, from what i've seen. but the one's who work in dining facilities are pretty much protected it's on a military compound.
but the construction workers and contracters are in the most danger, because they are not protected too well.

PEACE!!!
Single are not I still would not go.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 15th, 2004, 10:57 pm

It might be a good opportunity for someone who is running up and down the street dodging bullets, nothing to do, no job, and need money.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 16th, 2004, 3:19 am

Common Sense wrote:It might be a good opportunity for someone who is running up and down the street dodging bullets, nothing to do, no job, and need money.
You right somebody who use to it better.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 17th, 2004, 7:58 pm

After doing a little research. i'm hearing the contractors are being paid a large lump sum right up front. The kidnapped truck driver got 80k, before he went over there.

I was watching interviews of new potential drivers. One guy said he just got back after four months, eventhough it's dangerous he's going back for more money.

indyjrt
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by indyjrt » April 19th, 2004, 3:55 pm

Nope......not going.... A co-worker of mine his friend just went over there working security. He's been there 3 weeks and he's sick of it already, he basically told my co-worker, "Don't do it, it's not worth it."

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 22nd, 2004, 8:44 pm

Private Military Firms or Mercenaries?

Global Risks
MPRI
Vinnell
DynCorp
Blackwater USA (the four contractors killed in Fallujah were from here).

Ex Green Beret or other ex special forces can earn $1000.00 day in Iraq or another war torn area.

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » May 12th, 2004, 11:15 pm

There is no way I would work in Iraq. No matter how much money. Its sad that the US sends jobs overseas, then allow US citizens to work in a war torn country. If anyone seen that poor kid from Philly get his head litterally sawed off slowly while chanting "God is great"...then you may understand.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » September 22nd, 2004, 8:41 am

Well apparently Bruce Armstrong the most recent American beheaded, had lost his job after 9/11, so he went to Iraq for job opportunities. Putting together their water system, so for him, I guess it wasn't worth it, considering the pain his family is going through.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » September 22nd, 2004, 9:30 am

F-ck jobs id go there and screw that whole place up worse then our troops did cause i dont think we sent the right message that when u take down 2 buildings we take out two f-ckn countrys! BELEIVE THAT U P-SSY RAG HEADS!

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 22nd, 2004, 11:06 am

WIP wrote:There is no way I would work in Iraq. No matter how much money. Its sad that the US sends jobs overseas, then allow US citizens to work in a war torn country. If anyone seen that poor kid from Philly get his head litterally sawed off slowly while chanting "God is great"...then you may understand.
This issue about sending jobs overseas ir real people, every day of the year someone up in corporate America is working against us. It is no longer about Nations or Races, it is about that all-mighty "root of all evil" that gives them the power to do or un-do as they wish.
Hell no I wouldn't go work in a war-torn country for better wages, I'm working here and fighting alongside my fellow "TEAMSTERS" to keep it here.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » September 22nd, 2004, 11:17 am

lonewolf wrote:
WIP wrote:There is no way I would work in Iraq. No matter how much money. Its sad that the US sends jobs overseas, then allow US citizens to work in a war torn country. If anyone seen that poor kid from Philly get his head litterally sawed off slowly while chanting "God is great"...then you may understand.
This issue about sending jobs overseas ir real people, every day of the year someone up in corporate America is working against us. It is no longer about Nations or Races, it is about that all-mighty "root of all evil" that gives them the power to do or un-do as they wish.
Hell no I wouldn't go work in a war-torn country for better wages, I'm working here and fighting alongside my fellow "TEAMSTERS" to keep it here.
you are confusing two different issues lonewolf. Nobody here is losing jobs to war torn countries. The whole point is that they have no skilled labor over there, and an american can go over there and get rich to do something that you would be low or middle class working here.

We are losing jobs to countries that are NOT war torn. Countries that DO have their own skiled labor force. Places like India especially becasue they all speak english and have millions of college graduates that will work for $5 an hour. We are not losing any jobs to Iraq or afghanistan. These places are actually CREATING jobs for americans.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 22nd, 2004, 11:34 am

I see your point Panico, and I do agree with you in part, however our struggle is broad-based, and the point that I was trying to make is that jobs are being lost to overseas, it may be India now, but tomorrow it can be Iraq unless we step up to the plate and face the pitcher.
I'm staying here, and if those people in Iraq and those exiled Iraquis can't step up to their own plate and send all those well-to-do Iraquis in the U.S. or England to develope and put together their country, I don't see why we have to send our countrymen to a real unwelcoming environment because they have no better "opportunity" here in their Homeland.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » September 22nd, 2004, 12:04 pm

because like they said earlier, you can make a lot of money there. I saw a story about somebody who is now driving a bus in Iraq for over 100,000 per year. If you can make that driving a bus here, go for it, but if not, that is a pretty hard opportunity to pass up.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » September 22nd, 2004, 6:04 pm

How come Americans over sea's dont just walk around with AK's as well? Hell I know for damn sure if i was working in Iraq id shoot the first rag head that looked at me cross eyed and ask quastions later! How do these guys get grabed? I mean come on? Who the f-ck works there without any gun? PEOPLE IN AMERICA WORK AND WEAR GUNS!

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » September 22nd, 2004, 6:07 pm

Panik, do we HAVE to talk to Violent Joe? lololol..

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » September 22nd, 2004, 6:17 pm

Sometimes I wonder if Violento is the missing link, LMAO.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » September 22nd, 2004, 6:33 pm

LOL Yo im just pissed about all this crap and American haven to hold up to this all mighty god like status the world and America has set it up to be! Half the time though im not seriouse lol so dont take EVERYTHING i say as the real deal. Its just how im feeln about it. Know what i mean?