chris rock

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

chris rock

Unread post by alexalonso » July 14th, 2003, 2:09 pm

Comedian Chris Rock once told Al Sharpton on his HBO show, that you cant run for president with that hair style. He was talking about his pimped out perm. But I think Chris Rock was trying to tell Sharpton that he did not have a chance.
Last edited by alexalonso on July 17th, 2003, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Al Sharpton

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 14th, 2003, 2:58 pm

Do you think he's running to get a tally of voters? If he grabs at least 2-5%, that should be a viable target of people the other politicians will have to cater(kiss-ass) to right? I read somewhere in the L.A. Times couple of Sundays ago that he wanted to get the youngsters out there motivated about politics.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » July 16th, 2003, 3:53 pm

Good ole Pastor Al Sharpton is running for President you say! Hmm... *pondering*. I can only imagine about that. Don't see how he has much of a chance if Jesse Jackson and the Rainbow Coalition couldn't take it.

Running for President though is a good platform though to get your views out. Lots of guys try it. Nothing wrong with that.

bree
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: chris rock

Unread post by bree » July 17th, 2003, 2:50 am

i think that while he probably would not get elected in this racist burnt out society he is a viable candidate. from what i have heard he is in contact an has gotten some tips from jackson, which...
most likely he will cary out for a while and then succeed, but i would say he is the best candidate.

thesoulsedge
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thesoulsedge » July 22nd, 2003, 3:20 pm

I think that a "corporate black" or a "military black" would have the best shot at being president. A black from the corporate world could focus on "big money" issues to get to the white house. A "military black" is so deep into army culture that his blackness fades...think about Colin Powell.

Sharpton comes from the "black church" culture and is a preacher. I think his style, manner, speech and point of view alienates most middle of the road whites. I can't see "soccer moms" voting for Sharpton.

Frankly, I think Condolezza Rice has the best chance of all blacks. She's quiet, smart, and very, very close to Bush. Condi is close to the halls of power. Al Sharpton mostly just makes noise.

I support him because he's a brotha, but he has no chance IMHO.

Charles Glasgow

Unread post by Charles Glasgow » August 3rd, 2003, 8:36 am

:shock: I think that Rev. Sharpton has a good heart. He's a reverend for heavens sake. I wouldn't want to be on his secret service detail but then that might make me a racist to say that..so I didn't say the previous sentence.

No, Colin's wife didn't want her husband to run for president for a reason. Now he's Secretary of State..wow, big difference.

Can you imagine what the Black Caucus will do to the Republican Party big wigs if something were to happen to Colin?

Imagine, going to South Africa and someone other than a white anglo saxon Protestant killing him in an ambush..think Bush would bite? He'd be stupid if he did that.

Frankly, I'd like to see Jessie or Al win for at least four years..then maybe we could get that blonde woman to shut the hell up. :lol: :roll:

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » August 12th, 2003, 4:30 pm

Lots of evil people claim the title Reverend. By itself it means nothing. You have to really dig into the life to see if they are deserving or just another wolf in sheep's clothing. Take a look at those turned around collars in Massachussettes to see what I'm talking about. 1,000 child victims. Unconscienceable!

Put them to the test. The good book says in Matthew 7 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them."

Now back to talking about Al Sharpton. I heard he gave a very good talk at Chapel Hill Baptist Church in North Carolina recently. Made some good points. He does have a message.

However, I still can't shake that image of him pitting Blacks against Jews. Ugly stuff with enough blame to go around. Yet when I was a child I remember watching Jews and Blacks marching with one accord to bring change to the South. What happened?

Charles Glasgow

Unread post by Charles Glasgow » August 12th, 2003, 6:02 pm

:? I'll let you in on a little known secret. Every two thousand years the Jews find a major power and use it to make sure they don't get obliterated.
They used the Romans (using German Mercenaries) during the time of Christ to fight off the Phillistines(Palestinians) and others who would wish them ill.

Then when Hitler tried to rid the world of them they solicited the help of the Brits by having Hitler bomb them. Remember a Jew paid Hitler's military bill.

You may not realize it..but the Christian DEMOCRATS of Germany ran Hitler as Chancellor like the California(liberal?) DEMOCRATS are running Swazenegger..He can't run for President of the United States unless we change or amend the Constitution to let him. If we do that for him we do that for every Immigrant cum citizen in the nation.

Which means anyone born in Austria or Mexico or Canada or France or Germany or Russia or China and who became an American citizen could then run for President.
Notice where I'm going with this.

California, A State about the size of the Repubic or Iraq. :!: :!: :shock:

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » August 13th, 2003, 8:32 am

No offense Charles but I see your post as ignorant/racist and I'm not voting for Arnold.

STREETGANG111
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by STREETGANG111 » February 11th, 2004, 9:36 am

`
Last edited by STREETGANG111 on March 22nd, 2004, 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » February 11th, 2004, 3:27 pm

I think Al Sharpton doesn't believe he is going to be elected President but he has his beliefs and it's a forum for him to share them. My opinion.

ogcjm
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by ogcjm » February 19th, 2004, 1:39 am

there will never be a blacc pres the government is scared of what will become they fear that a black man can do what white pres has promised they fear what they dont know this is just my poin of view

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » February 26th, 2004, 12:11 pm

If a black man should become president I'm willing to bet he will be dead with in the week. lol. Not saying that its funny but you know this is a white man's world, and they will be riding deep looking for his blk a$$!

guerrillablackhawk
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by guerrillablackhawk » August 12th, 2004, 2:41 pm

blkjoker wrote:If a black man should become president I'm willing to bet he will be dead with in the week. lol. Not saying that its funny but you know this is a white man's world, and they will be riding deep looking for his blk a$$!
very interesting

mr. chill
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr. chill » August 22nd, 2004, 3:08 pm

guerrillablackhawk wrote:
blkjoker wrote:If a black man should become president I'm willing to bet he will be dead with in the week. lol. Not saying that its funny but you know this is a white man's world, and they will be riding deep looking for his blk a$$!
very interesting
thats why the vice president would have to be mexican