Top 25 most dangerous US cities

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5404
Joined: September 21st, 2005, 6:47 pm
Location: Niagara Falls, New York

Top 25 most dangerous US cities

Unread post by A Ghost » November 20th, 2007, 2:44 pm

1. Detroit, Michigan
2. St. Louis, Missouri
3. Flint, Michigan
4. Oakland, California
5. Camden, New Jersey
6. Birmingham, Alabama
7. North Charleston, South Carolina
8. Memphis, Tennessee
9. Richmond, California
10. Cleveland, Ohio
11. Orlando, Florida
12. Baltimore, Maryland
13. Little Rock, Arkansas
14. Compton, California
15. Youngstown, Ohio
16. Cincinnati, Ohio
17. Gary, Indian
18. Kansas City, Missouri
19. Dayton, Ohio
20. Newark, New Jersey
21. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
22. Atlanta, Georgia
23. Jackson, Mississippi
24. Buffalo, New York
25. Kansas City, Kansas

http://abcnews.go.com/US/WireStory?id=3883367&page=1

User avatar
Pointblank
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: November 11th, 2007, 9:01 pm
Location: Saint Paul/Up north. shit im always some where.

Re: Top 25 most dangerous US cities

Unread post by Pointblank » November 20th, 2007, 3:02 pm

A Ghost wrote:1. Detroit, Michigan
2. St. Louis, Missouri
3. Flint, Michigan
4. Oakland, California
5. Camden, New Jersey
6. Birmingham, Alabama
7. North Charleston, South Carolina
8. Memphis, Tennessee
9. Richmond, California
10. Cleveland, Ohio
11. Orlando, Florida
12. Baltimore, Maryland
13. Little Rock, Arkansas
14. Compton, California
15. Youngstown, Ohio
16. Cincinnati, Ohio
17. Gary, Indian
18. Kansas City, Missouri
19. Dayton, Ohio
20. Newark, New Jersey
21. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
22. Atlanta, Georgia
23. Jackson, Mississippi
24. Buffalo, New York
25. Kansas City, Kansas

http://abcnews.go.com/US/WireStory?id=3883367&page=1
not surprised at detroit being #1

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5404
Joined: September 21st, 2005, 6:47 pm
Location: Niagara Falls, New York

Unread post by A Ghost » November 20th, 2007, 6:06 pm

Im shocked that they put Buffalo on the list, but Im not surprised they made it......

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5404
Joined: September 21st, 2005, 6:47 pm
Location: Niagara Falls, New York

Unread post by A Ghost » November 24th, 2007, 2:09 pm

wow I thought this thread was gonna blow up.....

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2277
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 10:32 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there
Location: home or something

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » November 24th, 2007, 3:24 pm

Why do people keep putting Philly on these lists?
Shit get rowdy from time to time but its a nice city to live in.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2900
Joined: July 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Location: Africa
Contact:

Unread post by Mcminister » November 24th, 2007, 5:18 pm

ghots alot of our threads are dead..,,,the music section is almost as dead as hip hop.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2277
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 10:32 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there
Location: home or something

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » November 24th, 2007, 6:44 pm

Mcminister wrote:the music section is almost as dead as hip hop.
grab this mixtape
http://www.getrightmusic.com/2007/07/18 ... r-hip-hop/
get in your car, bang it and mean mug anybody listening to that dance rap shit and wait for them to say something stupid.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by perongregory » November 24th, 2007, 7:54 pm

Mcminister wrote:ghots alot of our threads are dead..,,,the music section is almost as dead as hip hop.
thats cuz alonso wont let niggas in the music shit no more what the fuck

MiChuhSuh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 480
Joined: November 8th, 2007, 10:48 pm
Location: School of Life
Contact:

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 24th, 2007, 10:22 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
Mcminister wrote:the music section is almost as dead as hip hop.
grab this mixtape
http://www.getrightmusic.com/2007/07/18 ... r-hip-hop/
get in your car, bang it and mean mug anybody listening to that dance rap shit and wait for them to say something stupid.
DAMN!!!!! they got some east coast classics on there, major props

but the only west coast they got is Lady of Rage? They need to get some west coast in there, at least Pharcyde, Ahmad, Ras Kass would fit in with the vibe in that mixtape. Maybe we should get a track listing here and make it ourselves?

BANG187
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 40
Joined: September 14th, 2007, 2:10 pm
Location: PHILLY
Contact:

Unread post by BANG187 » November 25th, 2007, 11:02 am

I aint know ATL got it in like that. Same with Buffalo

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5404
Joined: September 21st, 2005, 6:47 pm
Location: Niagara Falls, New York

Unread post by A Ghost » November 25th, 2007, 1:44 pm

perongregory wrote:
Mcminister wrote:ghots alot of our threads are dead..,,,the music section is almost as dead as hip hop.
thats because alonso wont let niggas in the music shit no more what the fu--
LOL

Speaking of this list, I was at the gas station today and this dude I used to worked with pulled up in a gray GMC all fulled with buckshot holes in the back panel and his window was smashed out.

I asked "What happened?

he said "I got shot at. What have you been up to?"

I was like "Nothing, just going to school."

He was like "Cool." Then he filled up his tank and I was like "ill see you later"

And he was like "aight man see ya"

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » November 25th, 2007, 1:52 pm

Why is it Los Angeles the most notorious dangerous city when it isn't even on the list?

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5404
Joined: September 21st, 2005, 6:47 pm
Location: Niagara Falls, New York

Unread post by A Ghost » November 25th, 2007, 1:57 pm

NikexCortez wrote:Why is it Los Angeles the most notorious dangerous city when it isn't even on the list?
Because you're thinking Los Angeles 1989......

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2900
Joined: July 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Location: Africa
Contact:

Unread post by Mcminister » November 25th, 2007, 4:12 pm

LA is too big even new york

if u have to count it by neighrbouhoods seperately i think they wud have been on the list..n new york wud have more than 1 hood on the list

User avatar
twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 446
Joined: June 2nd, 2007, 10:15 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by twocost » November 25th, 2007, 4:17 pm

A Ghost wrote:
NikexCortez wrote:Why is it Los Angeles the most notorious dangerous city when it isn't even on the list?
Because you're thinking Los Angeles 1989......
Truth. LA in 1989 and 2007 are two totally different worlds my man lol.

Va.Real
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: January 31st, 2006, 10:31 am

Unread post by Va.Real » November 25th, 2007, 11:00 pm

shocked that Richmond, Va did not make the list????

NYTE_RYDA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 438
Joined: August 24th, 2006, 9:54 pm

Unread post by NYTE_RYDA » November 25th, 2007, 11:24 pm

They measure the whole city including decent and nice areas. Do you realize how big LA is and how many nice areas go along with in it? Those rankings are nothing but misleading stats based upon lesser/petty crimes averaged upon the whole city population. Some cities is on there higher then others cause the petty crimes is higher even though the other city has a higher murder rate, and other more serious violent crimes.

Someone find the highest murder rates list. ...........Completley different.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5404
Joined: September 21st, 2005, 6:47 pm
Location: Niagara Falls, New York

Unread post by A Ghost » November 26th, 2007, 11:50 am

NYTE_RYDA wrote:They measure the whole city including decent and nice areas. Do you realize how big LA is and how many nice areas go along with in it? Those rankings are nothing but misleading stats based upon lesser/petty crimes averaged upon the whole city population. Some cities is on there higher then others cause the petty crimes is higher even though the other city has a higher murder rate, and other more serious violent crimes.

Someone find the highest murder rates list. ...........Completley different.
Yeah, they need to split the big cities into neighborhoods.

I dont know why they dont use the separate boroughs for New York?

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2900
Joined: July 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Location: Africa
Contact:

Unread post by Mcminister » November 26th, 2007, 3:33 pm

word ^^^ coz big cities crime rate cant compare to lil cities they need to divide them into sections ......they proly have'em like that in some stats site.

look at the list, most of the cities are like 1/4 of brooklyns population.

59B.h.b.

Unread post by 59B.h.b. » January 7th, 2008, 2:09 am

i thought they average the crimes for every 100,00 people

User avatar
abc543@
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 106
Joined: April 8th, 2007, 8:57 pm
Location: LOS SCANLESS
Contact:

Unread post by abc543@ » February 11th, 2008, 2:02 am

WHERE IS LA

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5404
Joined: September 21st, 2005, 6:47 pm
Location: Niagara Falls, New York

Unread post by A Ghost » February 11th, 2008, 11:06 am

abc543@ wrote:WHERE IS LA
Its too big to register. Like New York.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2900
Joined: July 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Location: Africa
Contact:

Unread post by Mcminister » February 25th, 2008, 1:42 am

you think new york will be ontop there if brooklyn , queens were counted as different cities

Bohus
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 27
Joined: February 28th, 2008, 4:01 pm
What city do you live in now?: West coast island
Location: The cold north.

Unread post by Bohus » March 6th, 2008, 5:46 am

I tought that Compton was the badest nieghborhood in USA but then I was wrong.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by perongregory » March 6th, 2008, 4:56 pm

you have to do it by murdder. I seen one of them list and it was three cities in Michign over compton but compton had the higher murder rate, and the other cities had higher auto theft, rape and that type of shit.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2900
Joined: July 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Location: Africa
Contact:

Unread post by Mcminister » March 6th, 2008, 5:42 pm

which city is the hardest city..lol? hardest meanin ..a million hard heads, any body is a head buster n shit like that fuck a crime rate....

New orleans is to me,
proly with a lil detroit and compton in the top5, n oakland

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2900
Joined: July 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Location: Africa
Contact:

Unread post by Mcminister » May 27th, 2008, 5:54 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2d_ZCuO7Mk


NY is going thru some major gentrification....dats all i hear from people there or videos n shit


A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5404
Joined: September 21st, 2005, 6:47 pm
Location: Niagara Falls, New York

Unread post by A Ghost » May 27th, 2008, 6:39 pm

Mcminister wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2d_ZCuO7Mk


NY is going thru some major gentrification....dats all i hear from people there or videos n shit

the thing is, where are all the poor people going?

Instead of fixing the problems all they do is push everyone out, move some rich people in and say "look all fixed."

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2900
Joined: July 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Location: Africa
Contact:

Unread post by Mcminister » May 27th, 2008, 8:09 pm

yea dats what im thinkin...where are all those poor folks goin coz 1 buildin proly has like 100 families + ...wonder where they are going.....i kno in Htown 5ward and 3rd ward folks are all headin to the westside-southwest side.....and i heard also misoury city .....

but i dono bout brooklyn, harlem and bronx coz i kno all'em places had mad gentrification...

and i heard they wana destroy all'em PJ's in new orleans

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5404
Joined: September 21st, 2005, 6:47 pm
Location: Niagara Falls, New York

Unread post by A Ghost » May 28th, 2008, 8:58 am

Mcminister wrote:yea dats what im thinkin...where are all those poor folks goin coz 1 buildin proly has like 100 families + ...wonder where they are going.....i kno in Htown 5ward and 3rd ward folks are all headin to the westside-southwest side.....and i heard also misoury city .....

but i dono bout brooklyn, harlem and bronx coz i kno all'em places had mad gentrification...

and i heard they wana destroy all'em PJ's in new orleans
I heard a lot of people are moving to New Jersey

BLAINEizFIYAH
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 64
Joined: May 10th, 2007, 7:46 pm
What city do you live in now?: atlanta

Unread post by BLAINEizFIYAH » May 28th, 2008, 4:58 pm

alot of PPl from new orleanz moved to ATL....and Pretty krazy too

OG Cabrini
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 147
Joined: January 18th, 2008, 11:07 am
Location: West Englewood, Chi-Town
Contact:

Unread post by OG Cabrini » May 28th, 2008, 6:52 pm

In my old hood the same thing happened. City wanted to rebuild a "mix-income" hood so they tore down all the existin buildings. Like 15000 people where i lived(plus like 25000 in RTH) were displaced. Now you got 40000 ppl without homes and they only buildin room for like 5000 to come back. Anyway, the city gave sum ppl vouchers for other projects in the city. Didnt get that so me n my fam moved to the southside in West Englewood.
Point is, even tho the area that once had a problem gets better, alot of other areas get much worse. In my hoods case, alot of ppl moved to other projects, cheap housing or even some to the "suburbs"(even tho these ones as bad as the inner city).

Post Reply

Return to “Open Section for Other Random Topics & Controverisal issues”