Top 25 most dangerous US cities

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 28th, 2008, 8:41 pm

^^ where u live at

and for the other poster the majority of people from N.O that arent in N.O are in Houston then i think kansas then atlanta .....well all this gentrification is makin our cities more diverse ...now in ur hood its gon be bunch of folks from NY, N.O,Boston,Mississipi etc.....thats how houston is to be honest...i don here born and raised in this hood as much as i use to

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 28th, 2008, 9:16 pm

OG Cabrini wrote:In my old hood the same thing happened. City wanted to rebuild a "mix-income" hood so they tore down all the existin buildings. Like 15000 people where i lived(plus like 25000 in RTH) were displaced. Now you got 40000 ppl without homes and they only buildin room for like 5000 to come back. Anyway, the city gave sum ppl vouchers for other projects in the city. Didnt get that so me n my fam moved to the southside in West Englewood.
Point is, even tho the area that once had a problem gets better, alot of other areas get much worse. In my hoods case, alot of ppl moved to other projects, cheap housing or even some to the "suburbs"(even tho these ones as bad as the inner city).
are you from the cabrini green?if u r lol where did most of those GD'z go?.....i wonder if some of those vouchers is to peoples nation hood's....lol...

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » May 29th, 2008, 8:03 am

These lists are all relative. You goto any city and it has it's dangerous areas you just have to know where and where not to go. I personally have been to #2 St. Louis, #11 Orlando, and #24 Buffalo all in the last year alone and hadn't had a problem with any of them. It's a poor representation of what a city has to offer when you can just slap a label like "dangerous" on it without really breaking it down.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 29th, 2008, 8:51 am

EmperorPenguin wrote:These lists are all relative. You goto any city and it has it's dangerous areas you just have to know where and where not to go. I personally have been to #2 St. Louis, #11 Orlando, and #24 Buffalo all in the last year alone and hadn't had a problem with any of them. It's a poor representation of what a city has to offer when you can just slap a label like "dangerous" on it without really breaking it down.
It's true that the everyday citizen just visiting any American city most likely will not have a problem, but living in one of those cities and growing up in one is totally different.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » May 29th, 2008, 10:09 am

A Ghost wrote:
EmperorPenguin wrote:These lists are all relative. You goto any city and it has it's dangerous areas you just have to know where and where not to go. I personally have been to #2 St. Louis, #11 Orlando, and #24 Buffalo all in the last year alone and hadn't had a problem with any of them. It's a poor representation of what a city has to offer when you can just slap a label like "dangerous" on it without really breaking it down.
It's true that the everyday citizen just visiting any American city most likely will not have a problem, but living in one of those cities and growing up in one is totally different.
Exactly, but it's still all relative. You can live in Detroit your whole life and not be exposed to what one would consider "dangerous" activities. The city I use to live in was at times "The Murder Capital of Canada". Most people would consider that dangerous. I never felt that way, and even now statistically speaking I live in a higher crime rated Territory versus where I use to live this place is far from dangerous. I guess it depends on what one considers "dangerous" and their tolerance to be around it.

Here's how skewed it can be at times.

DC's crime per 100,000 people = 6,230.3 ranked #1 in America
Yukon Territory's crime per 100,000 people = 22,197 ranked #3 in Canada

Now, is where I live more dangerous then DC? I highly doubt it, but it's about perspective really.

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 29th, 2008, 11:35 am

you've been here? where did you go.....st.louis is basically a tale of 2 city's.....but yeah i live here and it dont seem as violent like the media makes places like L.A. or N.Y. is.....like it's 20 murders a day there....but people do get killed...it is drive bys but i dont wake up to niggaz gettin shot at outside everyday....shit usually gets crazy doin holiday's and summertime...especially the 4th...

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 29th, 2008, 11:38 am

Young Deuce wrote:
you've been here? where did you go.....st.louis is basically a tale of 2 city's.....but yeah i live here and it dont seem as violent like the media makes places like L.A. or N.Y. is.....like it's 20 murders a day there....but people do get killed...it is drive bys but i dont wake up to niggaz gettin shot at outside everyday....shit usually gets crazy doin holiday's and summertime...especially the 4th...
Its all who you know and pure luck.

And when I mean pure luck I mean just being in the right place in the right time, or the wrong place at the wrong time, however you wanna look at it.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » May 29th, 2008, 11:38 am

Young Deuce wrote:
I was right downtown. I stayed at The Drury right next to the Arch. I was on training so I was walking everywhere. I didn't get to see much of the city aside from right downtown. I'll probably be there again in the next year or so.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 29th, 2008, 11:43 am

yea i kno ...the media makes people feel like the hood is " gang bangers, prostetutes, drugs, and eveybody wana smoke everybody"
wen there is alot of people that work jobs, there is alot of nights with no gun fire..and drivin thru wont have u in some danger, unless its the wrong time of the day.......yea people get killed but its not like an everyday thing like the media puts it.

wen i say i live in southwest houston at work everybody is liek wow really ...everyday someone is gettin killed there, all those gangs, crips and blood, GD's, MS13, how do u guys live there...im thinkin damn the news really has these foo's trippin like its IRAQ in the SWAT but it really ain...most these bloods and crips here arent even bout that trippin stuff

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 29th, 2008, 11:44 am

EmperorPenguin wrote:
Young Deuce wrote:
I was right downtown. I stayed at The Drury right next to the Arch. I was on training so I was walking everywhere. I didn't get to see much of the city aside from right downtown. I'll probably be there again in the next year or so.
yeah downtown is a nice place...you might see a homeless people but thats it....almost every downtown in a city is a facade of the rest of the town...well in the U.S. it is....

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 29th, 2008, 11:48 am

Young Deuce wrote:
EmperorPenguin wrote:
Young Deuce wrote:
yeah downtown is a nice place...you might see a homeless people but thats it....almost every downtown in a city is a facade of the rest of the town...well in the U.S. it is....
Basically. Cities will make their abandoned store front look "nice" to not scare anyone.

For example Gary, Indiana:

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 29th, 2008, 11:48 am

A Ghost wrote:
Young Deuce wrote:

And when I mean pure luck I mean just being in the right place in the right time, or the wrong place at the wrong time, however you wanna look at it.

word u kno the thugs n hang with;em maybe then u mite see someone drop rite infront of u or u drop rite infront of someone lol,

2 folks were murdered with in the same month as wen i moved in my apt. complex but since i didnt hang much with thse young niggaz out here, i didnt kno anybody even got murked

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 29th, 2008, 11:51 am

Mcminister wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
Young Deuce wrote:

I used to work with people that did dirt and was friends with a few people that did but I wanted to go in a positive direction so I stopped hanging out with them and I have no idea what happens in the city anymore, I have to rely on the news which only tells about 20% of the story.

But even when Im out and about I have stumbled into stuff.

word u kno the thugs n hang with;em maybe then u mite see someone drop rite infront of u or u drop rite infront of someone lol,

2 folks were murdered with in the same month as wen i moved in my apt. complex but since i didnt hang much with thse young niggaz out here, i didnt kno anybody even got murked

OG Cabrini
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by OG Cabrini » May 29th, 2008, 3:48 pm

Young Deuce
OG Cabrini wrote:
In my old hood the same thing happened. City wanted to rebuild a "mix-income" hood so they tore down all the existin buildings. Like 15000 people where i lived(plus like 25000 in RTH) were displaced. Now you got 40000 ppl without homes and they only buildin room for like 5000 to come back. Anyway, the city gave sum ppl vouchers for other projects in the city. Didnt get that so me n my fam moved to the southside in West Englewood.
Point is, even tho the area that once had a problem gets better, alot of other areas get much worse. In my hoods case, alot of ppl moved to other projects, cheap housing or even some to the "suburbs"(even tho these ones as bad as the inner city).
are you from the cabrini green?if u r lol where did most of those GD'z go?.....i wonder if some of those vouchers is to peoples nation hood's....lol...
Yup dats ma old hood, the greenz up til 06. You rite that most of CG was GD(includin my old building) but there was CVLz n Mickey Cobras too. Most of the ppl who didnt get accepted back into the new condos moved down here to the south or to the west side of chitown, but there is some who moved out fo the city to places like G.I. and the burbs. Im guessin most of the gangstas joined sets in their new hoods...not sure if they vouchers was for people/folk hoods tho lol

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 29th, 2008, 5:57 pm

yeah i got alot of fam out of chicago mostly from the div.....

SpotRusherACE
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpotRusherACE » June 1st, 2008, 7:30 pm

To me these lists mean nothing cause alot of these "Most dangerous cities" are only on there cause of per capita an alot of them have nice ass areas to live in them. Sure places like camden an compton yeah, the whole city is raw but most of them are not like that. I bet you could find some dangerous hoods in some cities that even make the top 25 most safe cause a city is only as dangerous as the neighborhood your in/around. If you live in the richest, an safest neighborhood in Newark NJ how can you claim to be from a dangerous area even tho its a dangerous city per capita?

SpotRusherACE
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpotRusherACE » June 1st, 2008, 7:32 pm

A Ghost wrote:
Mcminister wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2d_ZCuO7Mk

NY is going thru some major gentrification....dats all i hear from people there or videos n shit

the thing is, where are all the poor people going?

Instead of fixing the problems all they do is push everyone out, move some rich people in and say "look all fixed."
All the poor ppl are going to South BX. There trying to make that the one big hood in NYC. Pushing out all the poor folks from Harlem an Bed-Stuy Brooklyn.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » June 1st, 2008, 10:46 pm

i don think south bronx has enough housing for most the blacks from Bk and uptown

SpotRusherACE
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpotRusherACE » June 2nd, 2008, 9:29 pm

Mcminister wrote:i don think south bronx has enough housing for most the blacks from Bk and uptown
Thats why theres so many new section 8 projects going into places like Hunts Point in BX where theres currently alot of abandoned buildings.

Return to “Open Section for Other Random Topics & Controverisal issues”