Is a Black President Ready for America?

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » January 10th, 2008, 10:10 am

by Min. Paul Scott

Let's flip the script and reverse the question, Is America ready for a Black president? Being chief executive of a superpower is a difficult job, with unimaginable pressures. Has pervasive racism in the United States prepared any Black person for the experience of wielding near god-like power while simultaneously contending with Made-in-the-USA bigotry? What's the Ultimate HNIC (Head-Negro-in-Charge) to do? How will he cope with being "President of all Americans" - including David Duke Klansmen, predatory lenders, red-lining bankers...and cabbies that won't pick him up?

"Racism will rear it's ugly head in places in which you would least expect it."

The date is November 5th 2008 and Barack Obama, who has just been elected president of the United States, heads to the jewelry store to buy his wife a trinket of appreciation for her support.

He enters the store and the sales person doesn't acknowledge him. "Well, she must be preoccupied," he thinks as he leaves. He tries to hail a cab but the driver speeds away, splashing mud on his new suit. "Poor guy must be in a hurry," Obama rationalizes as he heads into Denny's to grab a quick bite. After waiting 45 minutes to get a seat, he heads for the exit, accidentally bumping into an elderly man who mumbles a barely audible racial epithet. "Hmm, I wonder why that nice gentleman thought that I was "Nigerian" he ponders as a white family who just arrived at the restaurant is immediately seated.

While many have posed the question over the last year whether or not America is ready for Obama, the real question is whether Obama, with his colorblind message of Peace, Love and Happiness is ready to face the reality of institutionalized racism still present in America in the upcoming months.

As the possibility of America's first black president goes from being a pipe dream to a probability, it is sure to open up the Pandora's Box of racism that is padlocked in the hearts of even the most liberal minded white folks. Kinda like the cool white dude who, even though he donates money every year to the United Negro College Fund, goes ballistic when his daughter brings her black boyfriend home to dinner for the first time.

"Is Obama, with his colorblind message of Peace, Love and Happiness ready to face the reality of institutionalized racism?"

(Personally, I'm just waiting for Hillary to drop the N word, accidentally during the heat of battle.)

Let's face it. A white president is one of the two things that America holds sacred, with a white Jesus running a close second.

Just because young white kids buy the majority of Snoop Dog CD's does not mean that their parents are gonna welcome a black resident into the White House. A black mayor, maybe, or even a black senator but the head of the free world? Don't be ridiculous!

Some will argue that a black president will upset what they call the "natural balance of nature," whites on top, blacks on the bottom. Also, known as the "master/slave" relationship.

The aesthetic beauty, alone, of a black president will create a sense of empowerment in African Americans, cutting across economic and social boundaries. How will CEO Bob Whitman react on November 5th if Tyrone Jackson, who has been vice president for 20 years loudly announces that, "It's time to make some changes 'round here!" Or when Shawanda who usually brings him his coffee every morning with a smile tells him that it ain't in her job description and he should fix it his darn self!

The possibilities boggle the mind.

Even without using race as a platform can the Obama campaign avoid inspiring a heightened sense of black awareness as an unintended by-product such as the '84 and '88 Rev. Jesse Jackson campaign which, arguably, gave energy to a black cultural renaissance courtesy of Spike Lee movies and Public Enemy rap records? Also, will black Hip Hop artists be able to again use slogans like "Vote or Die" if Obama gets the Democratic nod without being charged with promoting "reverse racism" by the talking heads on Fox News?

"Will the Obama campaign inspire a heightened sense of black awareness as an unintended by-product?"

One would hope that the Democratic Party would take the Obama candidacy more seriously than Jackson's, who was dissed at the '88 Democratic Convention. However, even with Obama in the lead, people are still saying that he would make a good "vice" president. And I am sure, even though they are trailing, Clinton and Edward's handlers are giving them the encouraging words, "come on, John, he's black!"

And we have heard, by now, the whole "Republicans are secretly backing Obama because they know they can beat him" conspiracy theory.

You can best believe that racism will rear it's ugly head in places in which you would least expect it in the upcoming months. I wonder how many well meaning liberal white folks who are asking if America is ready for a black president realize how racist that question is in and of itself?

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Re: Is a Black President Ready for America?

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » January 10th, 2008, 10:34 am

"Racism will rear it's ugly head in places in which you would least expect it."

There is no 'least expected' place for racism.

As the possibility of America's first black president goes from being a pipe dream to a probability, it is sure to open up the Pandora's Box of racism that is padlocked in the hearts of even the most liberal minded white folks. Kinda like the cool white dude who, even though he donates money every year to the United Negro College Fund, goes ballistic when his daughter brings her black boyfriend home to dinner for the first time.

This race has California's three Strikes written all over it. As the three strikes was winning all day, all night- Californians went to bed with the three strikes law being overturned, but awakened to the law being upheld after the Governor paid for television ads opposing the law late that evening. After leaving Iowa and discussing the polls in New Hampshire for two days what you seen was a landslide of voters for Obama turned to Hillary winning New Hampshire. She herself even called it a 'comeback'.

"Is Obama, with his colorblind message of Peace, Love and Happiness ready to face the reality of institutionalized racism?"

I'd be very surprised if Obama expects anything less than a .45 in the back of his head.

(Personally, I'm just waiting for Hillary to drop the N word, accidentally during the heat of battle.)

I don't know what she is waiting on, she'd be a sure shot to win the election after she does.

"Will the Obama campaign inspire a heightened sense of black awareness as an unintended by-product?"

The only thing heightened will be the bounty on his head- If they could shoot Reagan, Lincoln and JFK then they must be already be making plans to blow up the "Black" House!

You can best believe that racism will rear it's ugly head in places in which you would least expect it in the upcoming months. I wonder how many well meaning liberal white folks who are asking if America is ready for a black president realize how racist that question is in and of itself?

Yeah.. thats the first thing I said to myself when I opened this article. :-)

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » April 19th, 2008, 6:52 pm

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » April 19th, 2008, 9:02 pm

his wife will be the first black first lady and he will be the first bi-racial president

halfway there

Flex
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Shreveport

Unread post by Flex » April 29th, 2008, 2:10 pm

If Obama wasn't biracial (he's still BLACK) in the eyes of white America and has made his platform one of 'unity', he wouldn't have a chance with the mainstream. He's not 'threatening'.

However, I applaud the man for standing up and doing his thing.

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » April 29th, 2008, 2:39 pm

Flex wrote:If Obama wasn't biracial (he's still BLACK) in the eyes of white America and has made his platform one of 'unity', he wouldn't have a chance with the mainstream. He's not 'threatening'.

However, I applaud the man for standing up and doing his thing.
thats true and i think the American media is labeling obama as a black man so the white working class wont vote for him, then again i ain't American

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

In Loving Memory of the Hillary for President Campaign (RIP)

Unread post by clipse » May 14th, 2008, 9:57 pm

ORDER OF SERVICE

Trinity United Church of Christ
Chicago, IL

Processional
Family is led in by 20 year-old Emina Bicakcic of Bosnia carrying flowers

Musical Selection
“I Don’t Feel No Ways Tired”

Family Prayer
Rev. Dr. Jeremiah Wright

Prelude Music
Elton John “The Bitch Is Dead”

Invocation
The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan

Musical Tribute
President Bill Clinton on the Saxophone

Tribute
Maya Angelou

Speaker
Andrew R. Young

Remarks
Bob Johnson
Geraldine Ferraro
Magic Johnson
Monica Lewinsky
Maryann Pernold

Musical Selection
President Bill Clinton on Saxophone w/Daughter Chelsea Clinton
“Didn’t We Almost Have It All”

Reading
Toni Morrison “Almost the first Black female President”

Benediction
Rev. Dr. Jeremiah Wright

Musical Selection
50 Cent “”I Get Money”

Offering
(Someone’s got to pay for the service)

Norman Hsu

Pallbearers
(With her to the very end…)

Rep. Alcee Hastings
Rep. Charles Rangel
Rep. Corrine Brown
Rep. David Scott
Rep. Dianne Watson
Rep. Donna Christian-Christensen
Rep. Edolphus Towns
Rep. Emanuel Cleaver
Rep. Gregory Meeks
Rep. Kendrick Meek
Rep. Laura Richardson
Rep. Maxine Waters
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee
Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones
Rep. Yvette Clarke

Honorary Pallbearers

President G.W. Bush
Gov. Bill Richardson
Rep. Dennis Kucinich
Sen. Barack Obama
Sen. John Edwards
Sen. John McCain
Gov. Howard Dean
Rep. Ron Paul
Gov. Mike Huckabee
Mitt Romney
Sen. Joe Biden
Sen. Christopher Dodd
Sen. Mike Gravel
Gov. Tom Vilsak
Rudy Giuliani
Sen. Sam Brownback
Gov. Jim Gilmore
Rep. Duncan Hunter
Rep. Tom Tancredo
Sen. Fred Thompson
Gov. Tommy Thompson
Alan Keyes
Rep. Cynthia McKinney
Gov. Howard Dean

:wink:

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 15th, 2008, 7:09 pm

can he terminate the three stike law...that racist BS...

and how a felon can get 5 - 20 years fo the smallest crime :oops:

oXJmAuPs2005Xo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oXJmAuPs2005Xo » May 15th, 2008, 7:38 pm

i honestly could care less about our presidents they are all fuckin retarded

thekinks1886
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by thekinks1886 » May 27th, 2008, 3:49 am

If america is so racist and sexist, why did the white male Democratic candidate fall by the wayside in 3rd place............

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 27th, 2008, 4:51 am

thekinks1886 wrote:If america is so racist and sexist, why did the white male Democratic candidate fall by the wayside in 3rd place............
because most of the racist,sexist in america voted for Mccain

thekinks1886
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by thekinks1886 » May 27th, 2008, 5:25 am

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
thekinks1886 wrote:If america is so racist and sexist, why did the white male Democratic candidate fall by the wayside in 3rd place............

Dont think so, say democrats and republicans are split roughly 50/50 in terms of US support- so we can show that straight away 50% are not racist, now you are trying to label the remaining 50% racist, purely for voting republican, no sorry, not buyin

Kudos to America once again leading the way for integration

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 29th, 2008, 4:41 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
and hillary and the ones that voted fa her in the primaries are going to vote for McCain.....

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 29th, 2008, 4:48 pm

thekinks1886 wrote:
$outhPhillypuppet wrote:

Dont think so, say democrats and republicans are split roughly 50/50 in terms of US support- so we can show that straight away 50% are not racist, now you are trying to label the remaining 50% racist, purely for voting republican, no sorry, not buyin

Kudos to America once again leading the way for integration
not sayin all republicans are sexist and racist.
Im sayin that If somebody IS sexist and racist more often then not they will prefer the republican party over the Democratic party.
thats why i said most of the sexist and racist voted for McCain.
Most meaning a lot of but not all, therefore leaving room for some racist and sexist to be in the Democratic party.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 29th, 2008, 4:49 pm

ya digg?

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » June 5th, 2008, 2:32 pm

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » June 6th, 2008, 6:15 am

thought there would be a female president before a black president because of the number of female governors compared to black governors.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » June 11th, 2008, 8:12 pm

obama needs to win, the gass prices are Killin me...n i don drive no SUV...my full tank use to be 45 now its 60 somethin wtf is that