On a lighter note

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

On a lighter note

Unread post by thewestside » February 11th, 2009, 8:03 pm

If you have 27 free minutes, here is a video someone spliced together of every single swear word in the entire Sopranos series. Too funny.

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/02/09/ev ... rd-on.html

CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Nunaya

Re: On a lighter note

Unread post by CheGuevara » February 11th, 2009, 8:09 pm

LOL! Alot of memories.

Here is an even funnier video. I nearly died when I first seen this.

This show had all the makings to be the best. The shrink thing ruined it.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » February 11th, 2009, 8:19 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jddpc5Z ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgTUF_7vRMI

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » February 11th, 2009, 8:43 pm

CheGuevara wrote:This show had all the makings to be the best. The shrink thing ruined it.
Even if you didn't like the Dr. Melfi aspect to the show, it was still the best drama on TV. Seasons 1-5 were solid. Only in the last season did the show begin to slip quality wise.

CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by CheGuevara » February 11th, 2009, 8:46 pm

Even if you didn't like the Dr. Melfi aspect to the show, it was still the best drama on TV. Seasons 1-5 were solid. Only in the last season did the show begin to slip quality wise.
By my standards, it comes right after the Simpsons. But the Dr. Melfi thing was too much. Here you have a mob boss killing, extorting, stealing, etc... and then he goes and complains about his life to a women. :S:S:S

The last season was just as good as the others.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » February 11th, 2009, 8:52 pm

CheGuevara wrote:By my standards, it comes right after the Simpsons. But the Dr. Melfi thing was too much. Here you have a mob boss killing, extorting, stealing, etc... and then he goes and complains about his life to a women. :S:S:S

Yeah, there were many things that were unrealistic about the show. No way would they be able to talk business in the Bada Bing as much as they did. But the psychiatry angle was there from the very beginning and one reason why it became so popular. It was a central tenant of the show. Chase originally planned on doing only four seasons. But money talks and HBO convinced him to do a 5th and finally a two-part 6th season. It seems they had run out of steam by the end. Too many episodes were devoted to the whole Vito is gay storyline.

I love The Simpsons as much as anyone but it should have stopped in '97 or '98. It's been going for almost 20 years now and just isn't funny anymore. All the creators and orginal writers who made the show great in the beginning are long gone. Now it's just a bunch of no talent hacks who have turned the show into a parody of itself.

CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by CheGuevara » February 11th, 2009, 8:54 pm

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » February 12th, 2009, 9:54 pm

thewestside wrote:
CheGuevara wrote:By my standards, it comes right after the Simpsons. But the Dr. Melfi thing was too much. Here you have a mob boss killing, extorting, stealing, etc... and then he goes and complains about his life to a women. :S:S:S

Yeah, there were many things that were unrealistic about the show. No way would they be able to talk business in the Bada Bing as much as they did. But the psychiatry angle was there from the very beginning and one reason why it became so popular. It was a central tenant of the show. Chase originally planned on doing only four seasons. But money talks and HBO convinced him to do a 5th and finally a two-part 6th season. It seems they had run out of steam by the end. Too many episodes were devoted to the whole Vito is gay storyline.

I love The Simpsons as much as anyone but it should have stopped in '97 or '98. It's been going for almost 20 years now and just isn't funny anymore. All the creators and orginal writers who made the show great in the beginning are long gone. Now it's just a bunch of no talent hacks who have turned the show into a parody of itself.
I know what you mean about how it isn't as funny these days,I miss the character Troy McClure,too bad the guy Phil Hartman was murdered by his wife.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Belize Nicaragua

Unread post by razbojnik » February 13th, 2009, 7:43 am

CheGuevara wrote:LOL! Alot of memories.

Here is an even funnier video. I nearly died when I first seen this.

This show had all the makings to be the best. The shrink thing ruined it.
I agree lol..

They focused more on the shrink bitch than they did on the Russian or Albanian mob. Fucking drag.

CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by CheGuevara » February 13th, 2009, 11:44 am

I loved it when Tony went to Italy. Europe should have played a bigger role in the Sopranos. It was interesting to hear Tony talking about Eastern Europe and stuff.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » February 15th, 2009, 11:32 pm

CheGuevara wrote:I loved it when Tony went to Italy. Europe should have played a bigger role in the Sopranos. It was interesting to hear Tony talking about Eastern Europe and stuff.
The episode you are referring to is entitled "Commendatori," which is the 4th episode in Season 2.

Tony: "My uncle's problem was he went to the Russians in Brooklyn too much for the cars. They kept the best stuff for themselves and shipped it off to St. Petersburg. Slovenia and Montenegro, they got people over there that profited from those conflicts. They got fuckin' bails of liquid cash. You got contacts in the markets over there."

CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by CheGuevara » February 16th, 2009, 1:53 pm

How do people ship stolen cars from America to Europe? I never understood that. When you go the agency to ship it out, Don't they ask you for the registration? I remember my uncle came to Albania with a BMW and they were like, this car needs to be checked, all models over 2008 need registration and you need a special red ticket to go to Albania with this. I would imagine that America/Canada would be even more strict then Albanian officials about cars.

Anyone have any information?

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » February 16th, 2009, 2:42 pm

CheGuevara wrote:How do people ship stolen cars from America to Europe? I never understood that. When you go the agency to ship it out, Don't they ask you for the registration? I remember my uncle came to Albania with a BMW and they were like, this car needs to be checked, all models over 2008 need registration and you need a special red ticket to go to Albania with this. I would imagine that America/Canada would be even more strict then Albanian officials about cars.

Anyone have any information?
The Gambino family's DeMeo crew had a huge stolen car operation in the 1970's that was shipping hundreds of cars to Kuwait. They had the connections in the DMV and elsewhere to get all the phony registration and other paper work, new VIN numbers, etc. they needed. I'm sure regulations have tightened since then but shipping stolen cars out of the country still goes on.