THE MASONS

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
Charles_Kimble
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

THE MASONS

Unread post by Charles_Kimble » August 22nd, 2004, 2:51 am

HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THEM I HAD ONE HOMIE WHO TOLD ME THAT THERE ARE SOME FOOLZ CALLED THE MASONS WHO CONTROL EVERYTHING ALL THE MAFIA AND SHYT AND THAT EVEN SOME OF THE PRESIDENTS HAVE BEEN IN THE MASONS WTF IS THAT SHYT?

Storm
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: THE MASONS

Unread post by Storm » August 22nd, 2004, 7:46 am

The 'Freemasons' are a 'secret' society - rather than a gang.

http://www.masonicinfo.com/famous.htm

http://www.freedomdomain.com/freemason.html

Charles_Kimble
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Charles_Kimble » August 22nd, 2004, 11:36 am

Thanx Homie

fistfullofboomstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fistfullofboomstick » August 22nd, 2004, 3:41 pm

yeh man, i kno all about that, they have bin aroend for a looong time, they have a secret handshake and all these crazy rulles and shit. if ur a mason, the other masons help u out and shit man, even if they never met u. its also against the rules to tell people that ur a mason or to talk about it with ppl who arent masons but not evry1 follows the rules, not really into crime tho, but they got there hands in a lot of pockets

SCREWLOOSE
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SCREWLOOSE » October 24th, 2004, 4:06 pm

It is not agaist any Masonic rule to let the public know (if asked) if you belong to a masonic lodge. I have been a mason for about 15 years. and yes we do help other masons even the ones who we do not know. a mason can go to any lodge anywhere in the world and be recieved as a brother.
you may have a mason in your family and would not know it for years untill time of death and at the funeral he recieves the last masonic rights.
2B1ASK1

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » January 6th, 2005, 10:09 am

Freemasons founded to share the knoledge of cathedral-builders.That is what a Mason interviewed by Regional TV explained.(@Hamburg/on HH1)
He seemed to brainwashed,but was all the way honest and truthfull.The like to refresh at talking about all themes.(like a reading or music circle).
-do I remember the initiation rite right?
:you waer a medal ,the eyes covered,on one leg the trouser is pulled up to the knee,the head in a sling.

ps:I have see some buildings, graduated by architect-awards with a Mason sign.Mean the award spotted on looks like one sign.
Last edited by Mraka on January 7th, 2005, 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

JR
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by JR » January 7th, 2005, 4:57 am

Yeah I heard of them dere some wierd organization

eandt05

Unread post by eandt05 » January 7th, 2005, 12:52 pm

The Masons are a fraternal organization that's been around for hundreds of years. It's no secret to tell anyone you're a Mason, but you can't tell anyone the real purpose of the organization or any of the Rites. My grandfather was a Mason and I'm a sister of Eastern Star, the female branch related to the Masons. You have to be directly related to a Mason to be initiated, and we have all our own rites but we're not allowed to know anything about the Masons either. It's all secret. Any Mason or sister of the Eastern Star can be received or helped in any meeting anywhere, and we are bound to offer help to any sister or brother.

kiwibro
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kiwibro » January 7th, 2005, 2:24 pm

So the only way to be a mason is if your related to someone who was in there.......Damn wait maybe i have someone related in the masons. I have to find out.

eandt05

Unread post by eandt05 » January 7th, 2005, 3:13 pm

No, you can join the Masons if you are willing to go through all the training and classes and money it takes to join...but you can only join Eastern Star if you are related to a Mason. As far as I know, anyone can be a Mason (but you have to be Christian because these are all Christian organizations). I've heard it takes a lot of money to join - I don't know though bc my grandfather did it over 30 yrs ago.

kiwibro
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kiwibro » January 7th, 2005, 6:02 pm

eandt05 wrote:No, you can join the Masons if you are willing to go through all the training and classes and money it takes to join...but you can only join Eastern Star if you are related to a Mason. As far as I know, anyone can be a Mason (but you have to be Christian because these are all Christian organizations). I've heard it takes a lot of money to join - I don't know though bc my grandfather did it over 30 yrs ago.
ok thanks for the info

bear
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bear » January 8th, 2005, 7:57 am

eandt05 wrote:No, you can join the Masons if you are willing to go through all the training and classes and money it takes to join...but you can only join Eastern Star if you are related to a Mason. As far as I know, anyone can be a Mason (but you have to be Christian because these are all Christian organizations). I've heard it takes a lot of money to join - I don't know though bc my grandfather did it over 30 yrs ago.
YOU KNOW SOME OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS TOPIC OBVIOUSLY DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING O ESPECIALLY THE ONES WHO CLAIM THAT THEY ARE MASONS. DO YALL EVEN KNOW WHOW ALBERT PIKE WAS? HE WAS THE FATHER OF MODERN MASONRY IN THIS COUNTRY. HE WAS ALSO THE FOUNDER OF THE KKK. HE ALSO SAID THAT "LUCIFER" IS THEIR (MASONS) GOD. THE MASONS BEGINNINGS CAME FROM THE KNIGHTS TEMPLARS. THEY CALLED THEMSELVES "BROTHER MACONS" NO THAT IS NOT A MISPLELLING, BECAUSE IT WAS FRENCH. THEY ORIGIANLLY WENT TO THE HOLY LANDS TO SO CALLED PROTECT THE LANDS AND ARTIFACTS FROM MUSLIM MURAUDERS. ALL THEY DID WAS STEAL ANCIENT ARTIFACTS. THIS WHEN THE KINGS OF EUROPE FOUND OUT WHAT THEY WERE DOING, THEY BEGIN TO DISBAND THEM. UNBEKNOWNST TO THE KINGS THE KNIGHTS TEMPLARS HAD PLEDGED THEMSELVES TO THE POPE. THUS GIVING THEM PROTECTION. OH AND THIS IS FOR THAT EASTERN STAR, YOU SHOULD ALSO KNOW THAT THE SO CALLED EASTERN STAR SYMBOL, YOU KNOW THE UPSIDE DOWN STAR HAS BEEN A SATANIC SYBOL FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS. DO YOU KNOW WHO THE THE GOAT OF BAPHOMET IS? I DO HE IS A SEX GOD THAT YOU WORSHIP LOL, YEAH THAT RIGHT DON'T BELIEVE IT JUST RESEARCH EVERYTHING FOR YOURSELF. THE GOAT OF BAPHOMET IS HALF MALE AND FEMALE, VERY SICKENING. ALSO FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T KNOW, LOOK UP THE KEYWORD "SATANIC MAP OF WASHINGTON D.C." AND LOOK AT THE MAP. ALL OF THE KEY POINTS OF THE MAP COME OUT TO AN UPSIDE DOWN STAR. THE BOTTOM PORTION OF THE STAR IS THE MOUTH OF BAPHOMET, ON THE MAP IT IS THE WHITE HOUSE. AGAIN ALL OF THIS INFO IS OF PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE. AND THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY THAT A CHRISTIAN CAN BE MASON, EASTERN STAR AT THE SAME TIME, AS I AM A CHRISTIAN.

eandt05

Unread post by eandt05 » January 8th, 2005, 8:35 am

I think it's funny to claim that some people don't know what they're talking about, when their only source of information is what they've looked up in books or on the internet or whatever. Think what you want, it's obvious that you aren't going to believe anything but what you want to believe, but I DO know what I am talking about, at least about Eastern Star. The name Eastern Star is meant to represent the Star in the East that led the Wise Men to Jesus in Bethlehem, and the entire purpose of the organization is to study the bible and the great women of the Bible, and to perpetuate good works. You can look up as much information as you want and quote it, but you're not right. I have been to the meetings and my family has been involved my whole life.

eandt05

Unread post by eandt05 » January 8th, 2005, 8:44 am

I was wrong about one part, apparently you don't have to be Christian to join, but this is what I found when I looked up Masons - so here you go, Bear, to counter your supposed "facts":

Freemasonry refers to the principles, institutions, and practices of the fraternal order of the Free and Accepted Masons. The largest worldwide society, Freemasonry is an organization of men based on the "fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of man," using builders' tools as symbols to teach basic moral truths generally accepted by persons of good will. Their motto is "morality in which all men agree, that is, to be good men and true." It is religious in that a belief in a Supreme Being and in the immortality of the soul are the two prime requirements for membership, but it is nonsectarian in that no religious test is used.1 The purpose of Freemasonry is to enable men to meet in harmony, to promote friendship, and to be charitable. Its basic ideals are that all persons are the children of one God, that all persons are related to each other, and that the best way to worship God is to be of service to people.

Although only men (of at least 21 years of age) can be Masons, related organizations are available for their relatives -- there is the Order of the Eastern Star for Master Masons and their wives; the Order of De Molay for boys; and the Order of Job's Daughters and the Order of Rainbow for young girls. The Masonic Lodge has more than a hundred such fraternal organizations, including Daughters of the Nile, The Tall Cedars of Lebanon, The Mystic Order of Veiled Prophets Of The Enchanted Realm, The Knights Of The Red Cross Of Constantine, and The Blue Lodge.

Though some Masons trace their organization's origin back to the beginning of time (much of their teaching is tied to Solomon's temple, but they also claim that John the Baptist and the Apostle John were Masons), modern Masonry dates only to 1717.

BfKCmOney
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by BfKCmOney » January 8th, 2005, 9:40 am

bear wrote:
YOU KNOW SOME OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS TOPIC OBVIOUSLY DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING O ESPECIALLY THE ONES WHO CLAIM THAT THEY ARE MASONS. DO YALL EVEN KNOW WHOW ALBERT PIKE WAS? HE WAS THE FATHER OF MODERN MASONRY IN THIS COUNTRY. HE WAS ALSO THE FOUNDER OF THE KKK. HE ALSO SAID THAT "LUCIFER" IS THEIR (MASONS) GOD. THE MASONS BEGINNINGS CAME FROM THE KNIGHTS TEMPLARS. THEY CALLED THEMSELVES "BROTHER MACONS" NO THAT IS NOT A MISPLELLING, BECAUSE IT WAS FRENCH. THEY ORIGIANLLY WENT TO THE HOLY LANDS TO SO CALLED PROTECT THE LANDS AND ARTIFACTS FROM MUSLIM MURAUDERS. ALL THEY DID WAS STEAL ANCIENT ARTIFACTS. THIS WHEN THE KINGS OF EUROPE FOUND OUT WHAT THEY WERE DOING, THEY BEGIN TO DISBAND THEM. UNBEKNOWNST TO THE KINGS THE KNIGHTS TEMPLARS HAD PLEDGED THEMSELVES TO THE POPE. THUS GIVING THEM PROTECTION. OH AND THIS IS FOR THAT EASTERN STAR, YOU SHOULD ALSO KNOW THAT THE SO CALLED EASTERN STAR SYMBOL, YOU KNOW THE UPSIDE DOWN STAR HAS BEEN A SATANIC SYBOL FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS. DO YOU KNOW WHO THE THE GOAT OF BAPHOMET IS? I DO HE IS A SEX GOD THAT YOU WORSHIP LOL, YEAH THAT RIGHT DON'T BELIEVE IT JUST RESEARCH EVERYTHING FOR YOURSELF. THE GOAT OF BAPHOMET IS HALF MALE AND FEMALE, VERY SICKENING. ALSO FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T KNOW, LOOK UP THE KEYWORD "SATANIC MAP OF WASHINGTON D.C." AND LOOK AT THE MAP. ALL OF THE KEY POINTS OF THE MAP COME OUT TO AN UPSIDE DOWN STAR. THE BOTTOM PORTION OF THE STAR IS THE MOUTH OF BAPHOMET, ON THE MAP IT IS THE WHITE HOUSE. AGAIN ALL OF THIS INFO IS OF PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE. AND THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY THAT A CHRISTIAN CAN BE MASON, EASTERN STAR AT THE SAME TIME, AS I AM A CHRISTIAN.
Treated everyone lol

bear
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bear » January 8th, 2005, 1:15 pm

eandt05 wrote:I was wrong about one part, apparently you don't have to be Christian to join, but this is what I found when I looked up Masons - so here you go, Bear, to counter your supposed "facts":

Freemasonry refers to the principles, institutions, and practices of the fraternal order of the Free and Accepted Masons. The largest worldwide society, Freemasonry is an organization of men based on the "fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of man," using builders' tools as symbols to teach basic moral truths generally accepted by persons of good will. Their motto is "morality in which all men agree, that is, to be good men and true." It is religious in that a belief in a Supreme Being and in the immortality of the soul are the two prime requirements for membership, but it is nonsectarian in that no religious test is used.1 The purpose of Freemasonry is to enable men to meet in harmony, to promote friendship, and to be charitable. Its basic ideals are that all persons are the children of one God, that all persons are related to each other, and that the best way to worship God is to be of service to people.

Although only men (of at least 21 years of age) can be Masons, related organizations are available for their relatives -- there is the Order of the Eastern Star for Master Masons and their wives; the Order of De Molay for boys; and the Order of Job's Daughters and the Order of Rainbow for young girls. The Masonic Lodge has more than a hundred such fraternal organizations, including Daughters of the Nile, The Tall Cedars of Lebanon, The Mystic Order of Veiled Prophets Of The Enchanted Realm, The Knights Of The Red Cross Of Constantine, and The Blue Lodge.

Though some Masons trace their organization's origin back to the beginning of time (much of their teaching is tied to Solomon's temple, but they also claim that John the Baptist and the Apostle John were Masons), modern Masonry dates only to 1717.

I THINK IT IS OBVOUS THAT YOU DID NOT DO ANY TYPE OF RESEARCH. AS YOU TRY TO COUNTER WITH THIS BASLESS CLAIM. I TOLD YOU TO :LOOK UP ALBERT PIKE A KNOWN SATANIST WHO SAID THAT LUCIFER WAS THE GOD OF FREEMASONRY

I TOLD YOU TO LOOK UP THE SATANIC MAP WASHINGTON D.C. AND YOU WILL DISCOVER THAT YOUR SO CALLED SYMBOL IS A SATANIC ONE

I TOLD YOU TO LOOK UP AND SEE WHO BAPHOMET WAS I THINK IT IS OBVIOUS THAT YOU DID NOT.

OH AND TRYING TO COUNTER WITH THE CROSS OF CONSTATINE, WHO DECLARED THAT ALL OF A SUDDEN HE WAS A CHRISTIAN, WHEN HE WAS ACUTALLY THE FIRST POPE. COME ON NOW THERE IS NOW WAY THE I CAN BE FOOLED OR COUNTERED. JUST DO THE RESEARCH FOR YOURSELF. YOU SHOLUD ALSO BE AWARE OF THE FLAG UNION JACK FOR THE UNITED KINGDOM. IT HAS THE SAME CROSS ON IT THAT THE ROMAN EMPIRE FOUGHT UNDER. YEAH THAT'S RIGHT LOOK REAL CLOSE AT THE FLAG.

DON'T GO ASK YOUR SISTERS IN THE LODGE, DO IT FOR YOURSELF.

AND NOW YOU ARE REALLY PISSING ME OFF SAYING JOHN AND SOLOMON WERE MASON! WHO ARE U KIDDING. ONE OF THE ANCIENT SIGHT THAT THE KNIGHTS TEMPLARS PROTECTED, THEN ACTUALLY LOOTD WAS SOLOMON'S TEMPLE. MY INFO IS BASED OFF OF FACTS. YOU HAVE DEFENITELY BEEN DECIEVED!

THE LORD SAYS COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE AND BE NOT PARTAKERS OF HER DRUNKINESS, FOR THE KINGS AND PRINCES HAVE BECOME DRUNKEN BY HER WINE!

eandt05

Unread post by eandt05 » January 8th, 2005, 4:39 pm

I'm not going to respond to this crap anymore. If I didn't do any research, then where did I come up with that stuff? I certainly didn't make it all up. I think it is very fair to say that I know what the purpose is of an organization I am a member of. I don't need to look up the stuff you mentioned because first of all, I don't take orders from people, and second of all I have read all of the handbooks and literature available to members. You have no idea what you're talking about, and I'm happy to let you stay that way.

Disco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Disco » January 14th, 2005, 9:14 pm

Albert Pike was not the founder of the KKK but he was supposedly a leader of the Klan in Arkansas at the same time he was involved in the Scottish Rite (a branch of Masonry). He was the author of a book on Masonry titled, "Morals and Dogma" - look it up.

As I understand it, he does indeed make a reference to "Lucifer" in the classical (and literal) sense of a "light bearer" - the lamp/light being a central symbol of Masonry. It does not mean that he was referring to "Satan" anymore than when the Bible calls Jesus the "morning star" ('lucifer' is the latin term for the 'morning star' or Venus).

The Klan has very little to do with Masonry these days. On the other hand, I've known several GD'z, Crips, and VL'z who were members of a Masonic Lodge.

Red Kelly
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Red Kelly » January 17th, 2005, 5:08 pm

How old were these gang members you knew who are also Masons. It seems kind of strange to me that people in this generation would have an interest in joining the Masons. I knew a cop who was a Mason and he told me he was a member of the Latin Kings when he was a kid in Chicago. He was in his early 40s when I met him in the late 1990s and he was still doing dirt.

Disco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Disco » January 17th, 2005, 6:29 pm

Red Kelly wrote:How old were these gang members you knew who are also Masons.
I would guess 19 to 25. For most lodges you have to be 21 to join but Prince Hall (African American) lodges take members (I believe) at 18.

And there's quite a bit of overlap between gang membership and Masonic lodges or Greek letter fraternities. I guess some look at it as a 'grown up mob'. I've known Prince Hall Masons to be as protective of their emblems as a gangbanger is of his flag or a biker with his jacket.

Paper Chaser
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Paper Chaser » February 20th, 2005, 7:09 pm

My grandfather,my uncle,a couple of my cousins,and a few of my friends are masons while my grandmother is a eastern star.It is alot of stuff that I tried to find out about the masons and I can never get none of them to tell me like "ride the goat" nobody tells me what it means but I know it has something to do with the masons.

That albert pike dude got kicked out of the masons and I think he spread alot of false things about them when he formed the KKK. I do think it is a little conflict between the white masons and the black masons though but I am not sure. I do know that the street map of washington dc has alot of masonic signs just like alot of buildings in america.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » February 21st, 2005, 5:54 pm

Paper Chaser wrote:My grandfather,my uncle,a couple of my cousins,and a few of my friends are masons while my grandmother is a eastern star.It is alot of stuff that I tried to find out about the masons and I can never get none of them to tell me like "ride the goat" nobody tells me what it means but I know it has something to do with the masons.

That albert pike dude got kicked out of the masons and I think he spread alot of false things about them when he formed the KKK. I do think it is a little conflict between the white masons and the black masons though but I am not sure. I do know that the street map of washington dc has alot of masonic signs just like alot of buildings in america.

im glad somebody recognized the mason for what they were, did u know that both the president and kerry are skull and bones members? and yeah theres a big feud between the Masonic Order of Templar (whites_ and the Free Masons (blacks) --- the honorable elijah muhhommed wrote a book on it. its called the Free Mason-- check it out

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » March 9th, 2005, 1:17 pm

Charles_Kimble wrote:HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THEM I HAD ONE HOMIE WHO TOLD ME THAT THERE ARE SOME FOOLZ CALLED THE MASONS WHO CONTROL EVERYTHING ALL THE MAFIA AND SHYT AND THAT EVEN SOME OF THE PRESIDENTS HAVE BEEN IN THE MASONS WTF IS THAT SHYT?
*I'm a mason, and if I controlled everything, or had access to control everything, then I'd be a happy man indeed. But on the real, a lot of what detractors say about, and against masonry, are mere lies, mixed with bits of the truth.

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » March 9th, 2005, 1:20 pm

Paper Chaser wrote:My grandfather,my uncle,a couple of my cousins,and a few of my friends are masons while my grandmother is a eastern star.It is alot of stuff that I tried to find out about the masons and I can never get none of them to tell me like "ride the goat" nobody tells me what it means but I know it has something to do with the masons.

*What is referred to commonly as black masons (Prince Hall), and their beef with their white masonic counterparts, has basically became a null and void issue, seeing as how the white masons, during the 90's, finally recognized and have accepted, their Prince Hall brethren.

I can go much deeper into this, but I'll leave it at that...

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » March 9th, 2005, 1:23 pm

purplecityhello wrote:

im glad somebody recognized the mason for what they were, did u know that both the president and kerry are skull and bones members? and yeah theres a big feud between the Masonic Order of Templar (whites_ and the Free Masons (blacks) --- the honorable elijah muhhommed wrote a book on it. its called the Free Mason-- check it out
*When you say "Masonic Order of Templar," are you referring to the Knights Templar of the York Rite of freemasonry; because if you are, know that anyone can be a Knights Templar, and any mason, is a freemason, regardless of race: it's all masonry.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 9th, 2005, 1:56 pm

those are not at all racial sects of masonry, my grandfather (white) was a freemason, and he has pictures of the local order with hundreds of white guys, and not one black. Free masonry is not a "black" thing, they are just two different masonic groups. There are dozens of types of masons, the free masons being the largest group.

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » March 9th, 2005, 2:00 pm

Panik wrote:those are not at all racial sects of masonry, my grandfather (white) was a freemason, and he has pictures of the local order with hundreds of white guys, and not one black. Free masonry is not a "black" thing, they are just two different masonic groups. There are dozens of types of masons, the free masons being the largest group.
*Are you saying that there aren't any black freemasons?

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 9th, 2005, 2:07 pm

no, I'm sure there are, but purple city seemd to be saying that free masons were black, and masonic order of templar were the whites. As far as I have reasd and witnessed, there is no such racial distinction. And the free masons are definately not a "black" organization, there are probably blacks in it, but it is predominately white.

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » March 9th, 2005, 2:14 pm

Panik wrote:no, I'm sure there are, but purple city seemd to be saying that free masons were black, and masonic order of templar were the whites. As far as I have reasd and witnessed, there is no such racial distinction. And the free masons are definately not a "black" organization, there are probably blacks in it, but it is predominately white.
*No, there are no such distinctions. Each racial group have their own freemason organizations, as well as their own separate auxiliary groups and houses...

Secondly, masonry isn't a strictly black thing, nor is it a white thing, seeing as how anyone can be a freemason, regardless of race.

TEKKEN
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by TEKKEN » March 9th, 2005, 4:20 pm

I saw someone on the subway the other day wearing a gold ring with the Masonic symbol on it. I thought freemasons are very guarded concerning their membership, and keep it very lowkey. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 9th, 2005, 4:34 pm

Freemasonry

The G in our symbol Geometry. Nothing more and nothing less. No mason would ever assume that he has the right to tell you what you should believe or disbelieve as we are neither a religion nor a sect. We all hope that you do at least believe in a supreme being. We are simply religious people of all faiths striving to live moral lives in accordance to our own personal beliefs in God. No more and no less.

To Masonic Links

What is Freemasonry and who are Freemasons?

This is the text of a leaflet published by by the Board of General Purposes of the United Grand Lodge of England in 1984.

What is Freemasonry?

Introduction:

Freemasonry is one of the world's oldest secular fraternal societies. This leaflet is intended to explain Freemasonry as it is practised under the United Grand Lodge of England, which administers Lodges of Freemasons in England and Wales and in many places overseas. The explanation may correct some misconceptions. Freemasonry is a society of men concerned with moral and spiritual values. Its members are taught it's precepts by a series of ritual dramas, which follow ancient forms and use stonemasons' customs and tools as allegorical guides.

The Essential Qualification for Membership:

The essential qualification for admission into and continuing membership is a belief in a Supreme Being. Membership is open to men of any race or religion who can fulfil this essential qualification and are of good repute.

Freemasonry and Religion:

Freemasonry is not a religion, nor is it a substitute for religion. Its essential qualification opens it to men of many religions and it expects them to continue to follow their own faith. It does not allow religion to be discussed at its meetings.

The Three Great Principles:

For many years Freemasons have followed three great principles:

•Brotherly Love
Every true Freemason will show tolerance and respect for the opinions of others and behave with kindness and understanding to his fellow creatures.

•Relief
Freemasons are taught to practise charity, and to care, not only for their own, but also for the community as a whole, both by charitable giving, and by voluntary efforts and works as individuals.

•Truth
Freemasons strive for truth, requiring high moral standards and aiming to achieve them in their own lives.

Freemasons believe that these principles represent a way of achieving higher standards in life.

Charity:

From its earliest days, Freemasonry has been concerned with the care of orphans, the sick and the aged. This work continues today. In addition, large sums are given to national and local charities.

Freemasonry and Society:

Freemasonry demands from its members a respect for the law of the country in which a man works and lives. Its principles do not in ay way conflict with its members' duties as citizens, but should strengthen them in fulfulling their private and public responsibilities. The use by a Freemason of their membership to promote his own or anyone else's business, professional or personal interests is condemned, and is contrary to the conditions on which he sought admission to Freemasonry. His duty as a citizen must always prevail over any obligation to other Freemasons, and any attempt to shield a Freemason who has acted dishonourably or unlawfully is contrary to this prime duty.

Secrecy:

The secrets of Freemasonry are concerned with its traditional modes of recognition. It is not a secret society, since all members are free to acknowledge their membership and will do so in response to inquiries for respectable reasons. Its constitutions and rules are available to the public. There is no secret about any of its aims and principles. Like many other societies, it regards some of its internal affairs as private matters for its members.

Freemasonry and Politics:

Freemasonry is non-political, and the discussion of politics at Masonic meetings is forbidden.

Other Masonic Bodies:

Freemasonry is practised under many independent Grand Lodges with standards similar to those set by the United Grand Lodge of England. There are some Grand Lodges and other apparently masonic bodies which do not meet these standards, e.g. which do not require a belief in a Supreme Being, or which allow or encourage their members to participate in political matters. These Grand Lodges and bodies are not recognised by the United Grand Lodge of England as being masonically regular, and masonic contact with them is forbidden.

Conclusion:

A Freemason is encouraged to do his duty first to God (by whatever name he is known) through his faith and religious practice; and then, without detriment to his familiy and those dependent on him, to his neighbour through charity and service. None of these ideas is exclusively Masonic, but all should be universally acceptable. Freemasons are expected to follow them.

This is from a mason website. From what I have read, in the old days, the masons were basically like an extention of what the different orders of knights turned into after it became illegal to basically have a big private army. Their purpose was usually charity, and for the most part, education during the times when official church policy tended to squash invention and new ideas. They dealt with alchemy (basically trying to turn other metals into gold), mathematics, religion, and medicines and herbs, and a whole lot of other stuff that could get you hung back in the day by the backward ass chruch. They always believed in god, and in jesus, and they continue to call themselves a secret society more out of tradition from back when they had to be a secret from the curch. They are harmless. Just like a shriners club or some other charitable organization. Or an elks lodge. Just a bunch of guys that need an excuse to get away from the house and feel important, and in the meantime, they do a lot of charity work. As for the jewelry, you can buy that shi- on ebay.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 9th, 2005, 4:44 pm

actually this one is a little easier to read

http://www.gbp.net/valleylodge/masonry.html