Presidential Debate

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
Interested
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Presidential Debate

Unread post by Interested » September 29th, 2004, 6:33 pm

Could this debate cahnge your mind? Its coming up so don't miss it? Its important for our future.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Presidential Debate

Unread post by Kemosave » September 30th, 2004, 11:29 am

Will it be a spectacle? Lol..

Interested
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Interested » September 30th, 2004, 2:13 pm

ITs on tonight. Really watch this, its so important to know what candidate is on your side. On here to say Vote Kerry or Bush but watch this tonight and make oyur decision if your old enough to vote.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » October 1st, 2004, 9:04 am

Kerry came out with a left jab bloodying Bush's nose but Bush countered giving Kerry a fat lip. Then Kerry began going to work on the President with a left.. left.. left right.. left. But Bush put in his mouthpiece and strapped on his cup and held tight until it was over.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » October 1st, 2004, 9:31 am

yeah, bush lost, but it wasn;t a devestating defeat. Although I was getting tired of him saying the same thing for every answer on Iraq. We will continue to spread liberty. WTF? That means nothing, but that's basically what he was doing. Just repeating catch phrases without really answering any questions directly. Kerry did pretty good, but he missed some openings to really destroy him.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » October 1st, 2004, 10:20 am

Both could have done more. Kerry was trying to look conservative and Bush was being conservative.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » October 1st, 2004, 10:32 am

I think Bush ran out of 3 x 5 cards halfway through, and his answers started to show. He got to just repeating the same things over and over, and using catch phrases instead of real answers.

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » October 1st, 2004, 12:10 pm

i only caught the last 30 minutes, I dont no that guy just seems like such a idiot to me. dunce head

J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by J-DUB » October 1st, 2004, 2:20 pm

I SAW THE FIRST 20 MINS THAT WAS IT

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » October 1st, 2004, 2:31 pm

Panik wrote:I think Bush ran out of 3 x 5 cards halfway through, and his answers started to show. He got to just repeating the same things over and over, and using catch phrases instead of real answers.

Yes that's true about Bush. But Kerry gave no real specific outline as to how he was going to do things differently other than a few vague inuendos and he made a lot of assertions all of which aren't true.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » October 1st, 2004, 3:40 pm

do you mean that all of his assersions were not true, or some of them? He was dead on as far as the iraq issue. And as far as saying that bush dropped the ball and attacked the wrong country. And Bush ended up back tracking at the end. The whole time when Kerry was telling him that we had screwed up in Iraq and needed to make a change, Bush keot sayin over and over and over that A president needs to stay the course, and he wasn;t going to change anything he was doing. Then after repeated attacks by Kerry, Bush finally agreed that he needed to change tactics. But he had just spent an hour saying that he wouldn't change tactics. He only changed his mind once he ran out of excuses. Kerry should have ruined him because he didn't have a leg to stand on in the defense argument.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » October 1st, 2004, 4:00 pm

No some of his assertions WERE true in my estimation and some were not. As far as attacking Iraq, I think we can all agree that Bush was prejudiced to go into Iraq because of the bad history between his family and Saddam. Now that doesn't mean in the end it will be a bad thing for the Iraq people. The ending has not been written yet. However, we are spending a bundle on them for them to see it through and it is a drain on our military, etc.. Of course we are picking up valuable information, getting our many new CIA/young military special ops valuable training, focusing the war off the borders, etc..

BUT, it was a MAJOR and costly decision to go in (in the first place) and that is where I think the rightous criticism of Bush may lie. Not for getting rid of Saddam. Not for staying the course and not breaking and running when the polls dip which would send the wrong message about our resolve. But for committing the country to something that costs so very much when there may have been another way.

I think going in did dissuade some smaller countries in the region from openly pursuing weapons of mass destruction but it sure hasn't slowed down the biggest threat Iran. As for North Korea, I believe Kerry's criticism was misplaced. The honor for not resolving that before they had the bomb goes squarely at the feet of the Clinton administration.

If Bush is reelected, we will probably just keep right on banging away for another four years.

CHRIS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CHRIS » October 1st, 2004, 4:06 pm

KERRY MADE BUSH LOOK LIKE A FOOL. BUSH STAYED CONFUSED FOR AWHILE

Return to “Open Section for Other Random Topics & Controverisal issues”