What do they know?

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
fo-tay
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

What do they know?

Unread post by fo-tay » September 20th, 2003, 8:08 pm

What exactly do these entertainers know about politics. About running a city, state, country, whateva? I would love to know. But, I could be wrong. They may know lots of shit, but help me understand.

Yea they popluar cause of they movies, music, whateva - but how they gon run a state off juss that? dont make any sense.

i heard will smith was running for gonvernor too. i forgot what state. but damn...now we gotta copycat. what we gon do.

omack
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: What do they know?

Unread post by omack » September 20th, 2003, 8:25 pm

I feel you fo-tay. Some celebrities may know about politics, but for the most part, no one I know is taking Schwarznegger seriously. He's cool as an action hero, but as a governor? Well, "I will get banned", it's not my state anyway.

fo-tay
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fo-tay » September 20th, 2003, 8:50 pm

lol i hear that. i know what u mean

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » September 21st, 2003, 12:45 pm

its funny as fuckk sometimes, all these celebrity cats tryin to get involved in politics...and for what? u got ur family, u got the $ to support them, u got enuff fame, fuc it man, just live your life, why u gotta be a center of attention all the time, ive always loved the terminator movies (the second one is a classic) but cmon Arnie give it up dawg, stick with the "I'll be back" & "Talk to the hand" shit...

fo-tay
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fo-tay » September 21st, 2003, 12:55 pm

lolololol :lol:

i hear that

guerrillablackhawk
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by guerrillablackhawk » August 12th, 2004, 3:22 pm

Ice wrote:its funny as fuckk sometimes, all these celebrity cats tryin to get involved in politics...and for what? u got ur family, u got the $ to support them, u got enuff fame, fuc it man, just live your life, why u gotta be a center of attention all the time, ive always loved the terminator movies (the second one is a classic) but cmon Arnie give it up dawg, stick with the "I'll be back" & "Talk to the hand" shit...
very true super capitalist

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » August 12th, 2004, 5:17 pm

He's trying to hack the budget big time right now.

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » January 4th, 2005, 12:25 pm

I think some read a handfull of newspapers a day ,or now and then .
Many should now how news are made.(I had the chance to visit a course)
If they make themselves up as artists they are discussing art and or projects under special circumstances either they get connected to other countrys, and their cares ,if for.ex, interviewed.
Also it is necessairy to stay close to the news.As themes and Interrests ar brought up.
they are discussed,
conclusions are made,
then compromises,
and all those things before it gets to get a law or simillar.!
But seeing the facts I can tell you :there are much better multilinguated,sympathic,eloquent,intelligent,goodminded members of society who should take the chance.

P.S.:canadians and french speaking africans often read french newspapers and I think they are not uninformed at all ,but poeple who do not ,do not honnor that and go on dictating those..1s
Last edited by Mraka on January 4th, 2005, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » January 4th, 2005, 2:06 pm

The truth is Acotrs have no more knowledge politically then an average citizen. They are used however, in poilitcal ways. For example Ben affleck, Spreading the Lie that there was gonna be antoher Draft, swaying the youth vote away from Bush. Even though US military will Never be a Draft army (Has to pass congress, senate, White house,) Bush alone doesnt even have the power and authority to create a draft army, the people are nieve and fall into the lies of the otherside. Its sad, no one even gets the truth, they just fallow. Yo cant fool all the people all the time but if you fool the right ones, then the rest will all fall behind and fallow. I call them the Hollywood Crusade
of Liberals, ( 95% of all Actors actreses are liberal, its just a fact) And they failed to oust Bush, that was thier sole purpose. P Diddy, Anti Bush, Michel Moore Anit Bush, Will Smith anti Bush. And they try to make an impact on society. Anyone who listens to these clowns has got issues. What makes you think they know more politically then you. There just as illiterate in the political arena, they are just used because the pursuade by thier influence, and popularity they hold. All im sayin is be youre own, follow youre own, Bow down to NO MAN!!!. Follow No Man. Go youre own ways. DOnt be drawn into any congregation. br your own. Inite oneself.