Delta Force...

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Delta Force...

Unread post by Invincible » April 30th, 2005, 3:45 am

Alright, it is well known that Delta Force is the most elite special force in the US, since they recruit from the SEALs, Berets and Rangers...but, I have heard rumors that there is a force more elite than Delta but that isn't publicized....I asked on ROTC guy about it and he said there are indeed rumors but that it just "may or may not exist." And that's all I could get.

Anyone else heard of this "secret force?"

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Delta Force...

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » April 30th, 2005, 8:23 am

Delta Force is not the most elite US commando unit that honor would go to SEAL Team 6 now known as Development Group supposily you have to be a SEAL atleast 8 years just to be considered to be recruited into DG.

As far as Delta Force like DG they are a counter-terrorist unit like SEAL's their missions are highly classified.

I'm not sure if Delta Force recruits from the Navy and the marines from, I hear most of their recruits come from the Rangers and Army Special Forces like the "green berets". I dont see why a SEAL would join Delta Force if they have similar missions.

Delta Force was molded after the SAS the UK's elite commando unit that has been around since WW2.

If you ask most military personnel who is better Delta or SEALs they would say SEALs just because they can come kill you from anywhere Sea, Air or Land.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » April 30th, 2005, 11:29 am

Yeah I know what you are refering to. Its the CIA Super Secret Forces. Black Ops. Shadow Gov't. They Deny there existence But my uncle who served as a Liut. General For the 4th Core explained to me they are alive and operating. From what I heard they were in Iraq 4 months prior to US troops in the region.

TIME magazine did an interview on them, and What there about, I suggest you read up, Its the only source you'll get any info on them, You wont find any other books Becasue there existence is denied by senate Archives for National Security Reasons. The House Of Rep. is not even aware of there missions, only the 100 members in Senate along with the CIA and the Intelligence Commitee. Even under the FOI (Freedom Of Information Act) There Operations are covertly Denied. The majority of these Figures are former Navy SEALS, Delta, Para-rescue, and Green Barret. And damn, They Do the unthinkable. I personally don't know exactly what they do, but I know Its the most unthinkable missions that can possibly be concieved.

WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WhiteBoy » April 30th, 2005, 6:58 pm

SEAL's ARE THE BEST!
they are the world's swat team but there isn't like just a certain way about what they do, they do every thing assassinations, demolitions, including terrorism.
unconvetional warfare meaning that they don't play by the rules. they live by the code "the ends justifies the means".
ive read so much about them, met a bunch, trained with some in military school, always wanted to be one, my best friend is out on the west coast doing all his stuff so that he can get into BUD's.

also i think that the marines special forces are the best, simply because you don't know what they do and never will. RECON and Force RECON, my idol was a Recon Marine in Nam,,,, hard ass mutha fukka. i hugged him one time, like snuck up on him and shit he wipped around and was like "jesus WB the last time somebody tried that shit on me i stabbed him in the chest with my K-bar" refering to killing a NVA regular, he told me alot of stories that like gave me a rush just knowhing that he lived through it.

GottaLoveLA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GottaLoveLA » May 2nd, 2005, 8:16 am

Invincible wrote:Alright, it is well known that Delta Force is the most elite special force in the US, since they recruit from the SEALs, Berets and Rangers...but, I have heard rumors that there is a force more elite than Delta but that isn't publicized....I asked on ROTC guy about it and he said there are indeed rumors but that it just "may or may not exist." And that's all I could get.

Anyone else heard of this "secret force?"
Read the book Black Hawk Down (dont watch the movie because it is not as good as the book). It is about the badly executed mission to kidnap three Somalian lieutenants of the somalian warlord in 1993.

GottaLoveLA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GottaLoveLA » May 4th, 2005, 8:38 am

oh yeah i forgot to add that the mission cost over 1,000 somalians lives as well as 18 american soldiers

bear
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bear » May 5th, 2005, 12:48 pm

Dr. Gonzo wrote:Delta Force is not the most elite US commando unit that honor would go to SEAL Team 6 now known as Development Group supposily you have to be a SEAL atleast 8 years just to be considered to be recruited into DG.

As far as Delta Force like DG they are a counter-terrorist unit like SEAL's their missions are highly classified.

I'm not sure if Delta Force recruits from the Navy and the marines from, I hear most of their recruits come from the Rangers and Army Special Forces like the "green berets". I dont see why a SEAL would join Delta Force if they have similar missions.

Delta Force was molded after the SAS the UK's elite commando unit that has been around since WW2.

If you ask most military personnel who is better Delta or SEALs they would say SEALs just because they can come kill you from anywhere Sea, Air or Land.
Delta Force is comprised from "all" branches of the military. The Rangers make up the bulk of the military, and no it is not as secret as some people think it is. I was at Ft. Bragg from 99-01, and in the community newspaper they have an "open" recruitment, which is only once a year. My ex-1SG tried for delta, and claimed it was the hardest training he had ever done. Oh yeah as far as the Seals, and Delta go, it would depend on who you talk to, I am a Combat Medic and train with SF Medics, and they told me that during their Medical Phase down in San Antonio, when ever they all went to some of the local bars, a fight would erupt, well when the police came and arrested the Military guys, the police was not even allowed to take the Seals photos! The SF have an elite brach itself that is not even delta, Some people call it the Body Bag Team!

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » May 5th, 2005, 12:56 pm

Commandos like Recon Marines, Delta, SEALs dont exist because of national security issues.

I still say SEAL team 6 is the most elite commando unit in our military.

But their is a good book on Delta Force by one of the founders Charlie Beckwith.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 2?v=glance

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » June 11th, 2005, 5:40 pm

Intresting Bear...What Devision Did You serve? You Active Duty? Or Reserve?

bear
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bear » June 12th, 2005, 4:05 am

BlaKK wrote:Intresting Bear...What Devision Did You serve? You Active Duty? Or Reserve?
MY very first duty station was at Ft. Campbell. I was under the 44th Med Brigade, my unit was the 666th Med co. I wAS THERE FROM 97-99, OUR UNIT GOT DEACTIVATED DURING THE CLINTON ERA, SO I OPTED FOR SOME ADVANCED TRAINING (PROSTHETICS) AT SHEPPARD AIR FORCE BASE IN WICHITA FALLS, GRADUATED FROM THE SCHOOL AND WSA ASSIGNED TO THE 44TH MED. BRIGADE AGAIN, ONLY THIS TIME AT FT. BRAGG, HAD TO GE THE HELL OUTTA THERE, AND WENT TO GERMANY, WHERE I WAS ASSIGNED TO THE 30TH MED BRIGADE. NOW I'M IN WASHINGTON D.C. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME IN I CLINIC ENVIRONMENT, AS I HAVE BEEN IN THE DAMNED FIELD MY WHOLE CAREER PRIOR TO COMING HERE! 9 YEARS HAVE YOU SERVED?

bear
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bear » June 12th, 2005, 4:05 am

BlaKK wrote:Intresting Bear...What Devision Did You serve? You Active Duty? Or Reserve?
OH YEAH ACTIVE

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » June 12th, 2005, 1:45 pm

Wow, I Highly Respect You For Your service Bear. Most High Respect 'Bear' As For me I Plan on Goin to college first, and getting my associates, transfer to a four year under the Marine ROTC program, get my bachelores and go into the service as an officer, 2nd Luit. And go in as a Foriegn Affairs Officer. Guard embassy's, but like they say, 'you gotta start from the bottom to make it to the top'.

Do You have any suggestion for me, as for Joining the Marine Core, College, Anything, Because You and I Both know, Recruiters Bullshyt, simply to meet there monthly quotas.

So Your Full Active Duty...Thats Great to Hear. You Served in Iraq Yet? Afghanistan? I Live about 10 Miles east of Camp Pendleton In Temecula Ca, And I can Litterally hear those M1 Abrams Tanks as they Practice war games, That thing is a got damn BEASTS. Sounds Like a nuke everytime its fired. Thing is No Joke.

How do you feel about the war in Iraq? Do You Feel It was Justafied and Legitement? Though There were No WMD's, Faulty Intell, No eminent Threat, Who is at fault? My Bad For asking all these questions 'Bear', But Im Usually talking to European Leftist Liberals, and Not Army Personale over the net. so Its something new. So Please Just hear me out.

Peace Cuzz. Hit me back In Time.

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by willihen » June 12th, 2005, 3:26 pm

ALot of people forget about Air Force's Para Rescue.
These guys are tough as a boot.

As far as Delta I thought they were used in most situations for extraction.
Don't know to much about them.
Special Forces, SEALS, Para Rescue are tops in my opinion.

As stated SAS is extremely proficient in killing.

As far as "Black ops" I always thought it was kind of legend. But it stands to reason to have a death squad.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » June 12th, 2005, 3:33 pm

of course black ops exist

in a world where there are cameras in the street lights in the projects
satellites following suspected terrorist around on their everyday errands
FBI detectives who sleep with fugitives for a case
and all typa underground foul shit people dont know about
it would be naive to think black ops didnt exist

plus tom clancy would be broke

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » June 12th, 2005, 3:41 pm

Do Black Ops exist?

Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!
[img]http://img296.echo.cx/img296/4315/samfisher9po.jpg[/img]

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by willihen » June 12th, 2005, 3:45 pm

purplecityhello wrote:of course black ops exist

Damn I didnt think you could read?

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » June 12th, 2005, 3:49 pm

willihen wrote:

of kourse i can homie, how else would i find your mother's adress?

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by willihen » June 12th, 2005, 3:56 pm

purplecityhello wrote:
willihen wrote:

of kourse i can homie, how else would i find your mother's adress?
Well tell me, cause I sure as hell don't know where the she is.

bear
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bear » June 12th, 2005, 6:28 pm

BlaKK wrote:Wow, I Highly Respect You For Your service Bear. Most High Respect 'Bear' As For me I Plan on Goin to college first, and getting my associates, transfer to a four year under the Marine ROTC program, get my bachelores and go into the service as an officer, 2nd Luit. And go in as a Foriegn Affairs Officer. Guard embassy's, but like they say, 'you gotta start from the bottom to make it to the top'.

Do You have any suggestion for me, as for Joining the Marine Core, College, Anything, Because You and I Both know, Recruiters Bullshyt, simply to meet there monthly quotas.

So Your Full Active Duty...Thats Great to Hear. You Served in Iraq Yet? Afghanistan? I Live about 10 Miles east of Camp Pendleton In Temecula Ca, And I can Litterally hear those M1 Abrams Tanks as they Practice war games, That thing is a got damn BEASTS. Sounds Like a nuke everytime its fired. Thing is No Joke.

How do you feel about the war in Iraq? Do You Feel It was Justafied and Legitement? Though There were No WMD's, Faulty Intell, No eminent Threat, Who is at fault? My Bad For asking all these questions 'Bear', But Im Usually talking to European Leftist Liberals, and Not Army Personale over the net. so Its something new. So Please Just hear me out.

Peace Cuzz. Hit me back In Time.
I applaud that you wanting to goto college, keep it that way! I currently have only 17 months left in the military, and I plan on getting out. I have continued to learn about this country's history, which is a complete sham. The way soldiers were mislead about this whole "war on terrorism" is wrong. Everyday life is like living in a Matrix. I am not the only one who feels this way, there are few people within the military today who have risked their lives, and careers to talk about the truth about the real beginnings of this Country, which is sham, the Revolutionary war, also a sham, The federal reserve, a sham, did you know for example that The king of Great Britain was the King of France during the Revolutionary war? and that our forefathers negotiated a peace treaty! The United States still belongs to the King of Great Britain. According to the Papal bulls of 1203 the Pope is the Ruler of Earth itself. So whom Am I fighting for? America, Great Britain, or the Pope? Stay in school Bro, enjoy life while you can, with your family and friends, cause the end will soon be near! Oh yeah if any one wants to challenge as to the validity of the above info, or if you need anymore info let me know! Peace!

Jedburgh

Unread post by Jedburgh » June 24th, 2005, 2:59 pm

There's a lot of uninformed and misinformed opinion flying around here regarding Delta and SOF in general.

1st SFOD-Delta is part of JSOC - Joint Special Operations Command - and works closely with counterterrorism units of the other services, but Delta is Army. They are organized into squadrons, but that was influenced by the Brit SAS, not Army Cav.

Delta recruits from Army NCOs, primarily from SF and Rangers, although any NCO can attempt to pass selection. Selection for CAG is a bit different than SF selection.

SOF and CIA Paramilitary Ops

US SOF
The Rangers make up the bulk of the military...
Where the hell did that come from? There is one Ranger Regiment, of 3 battalions - in no way could the Rangers ever be construed as making up "the bulk" of the military.

Jedburgh

Unread post by Jedburgh » June 24th, 2005, 3:21 pm

As For me I Plan on Goin to college first, and getting my associates, transfer to a four year under the Marine ROTC program, get my bachelores and go into the service as an officer, 2nd Luit. And go in as a Foriegn Affairs Officer. Guard embassy's, but like they say, 'you gotta start from the bottom to make it to the top'.
Foreign Area Officers serve with the Defense Attache in the Embassy and are separate from the Marine Security Guard Detachment. 2LTs can not start out as a FAO - they have to serve at least one assignment in their branch (Infantry, Armor, Artillery, etc.) before they can apply to the FAO program. The FAO program is very selective, but it's great if you can get it. You'd get sent to language school for a year or so before your first embassy assignment, and once in the program, they will also give you the time to go to school and pay for your Master's degree. Can't do that in the Infantry.

Good luck.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » July 19th, 2005, 8:02 am

Hate ta pop yer ego's but truth is man to man, UK's SAS are the best in the world, I'm no army man but thats just the way it is.

Jedburgh

Unread post by Jedburgh » July 19th, 2005, 5:28 pm

I'm no army man...
Which means you have zero experience, knowledge or background upon which to base any real comparative assessment of the special operations capabilities of any unit of any country in the world.

The Brit and Aussie SAS are outstanding spec op soldiers - as are US Army SF and Navy SEALs, not to mention Delta. US spec ops troops regularly cross-train with not only the Brits, but with those of many other countries in the world - as they also participate in training here in the US.

It is ignorant to state that every individual in the Brit SAS is a better soldier than every individual in US Army SOF. All are damn fine soldiers, individually selected for their abilities - some are better than others, that is natural. Training is very similar, with mission-specific differences. In the end, it is the qualities of each man that counts - not nationality.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » July 20th, 2005, 7:56 am

Yeah man, thought it'd rile ya!

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » July 20th, 2005, 8:07 am

The SAS are great but so is SEAL Development Group and Delta Force. The truth is unless the US and UK go to war with each other we won't know what unit would cause the most destruction.
Last edited by Dr. Gonzo on July 21st, 2005, 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » July 21st, 2005, 2:58 am

Its all true, I hold up my hands, I WAS being ignorant. On purpose. But it got a little ting moving. Course you right!

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

creme de la creme

Unread post by Mraka » July 22nd, 2005, 12:50 pm

is the force that decended from helicopters in Bosnia a day ago,when a shepherd fired a shot in the sky ,after one heli was "hunting" his sheeps around ,so some of them broke their legs.they then came back with more ;exactley 250 went down with Helis and unarmed the whole 25 ordinary folks.
must have been EUROFOR or however they are called..
-They are putting special teams ,from different european antiterror units together,for searching warcriminals on the Balkans.
-Germany for ex has GSG 9 ;a succefull team in Magadishu and elsewhere.
-newest is the ger,amn KSK a military unit-they a taught their jotb in every corner of the world.And only a handfull poeple knows where.
defence.net