Rush resigns from ESPN

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Rush resigns from ESPN

Unread post by alexalonso » October 2nd, 2003, 6:50 pm

The conservative commentator gave up his job as an ESPN sports analyst late Wednesday, three days after saying on the sports network's "Sunday NFL Countdown" that Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was overrated because the media wanted to see a black quarterback succeed.
Last edited by alexalonso on October 3rd, 2003, 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

omack
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Rush resigns from EPSN

Unread post by omack » October 2nd, 2003, 10:40 pm

I read about that.

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Re: Rush resigns from EPSN

Unread post by Ice » October 2nd, 2003, 10:41 pm

omack wrote:I read about that.
thats good to know lol

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Rush resigns from ESPN

Unread post by E`S`T » October 3rd, 2003, 6:30 am

even though rush limbaugh said he was talking about the buisness aspect of it , i think he is a little racist. i am glad to see him resign.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » October 3rd, 2003, 3:34 pm

Lol.. Rush is an idiot he's not a racist. Err. I don't think so anyway. He was just talking his dumb talk like he always does, expressing his opinions.

Now if you want to see someone who really got in trouble for talking smack about Black people check out Jimmy the Greek

http://robots.cnnsi.com/almanac/video/1988/#2

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » October 3rd, 2003, 3:44 pm

Ha ha...Jimmy, I met one of his nephews...boy characters those people...LOL.

Rush got some problems with diarrhea of the lips. But remember, this cat has a nationwide syndicated Radio show that plays in most markets. Whatever you think of his ideology, he HAS AVID LISTENERS ACROSS THE COUNTRY that think and talk just like him. I've never booked radio spots on his show, most major advertisers don't want to be affiliated with him in any way, but there still are others that "roll" with Rush Limbaugh. I know it's a free country, free speech and all...but this cat is just like Bill O'Reilly. They have their opinions, but won't listen or debate fully with anyone else about them. To them, their opinion should be law, their opinion is what they view as the truth.

Anyways, Rush and Bill are a bunch of crybabys. Except they have a national vehicle to cry on.

omack
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by omack » October 3rd, 2003, 7:39 pm

BIG DUSTY, true that, true that! I didn't even trip about the John Rocker situation a few years ago and I ain't trippin now.

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » January 28th, 2004, 5:39 pm

i think he is a racist

Slim
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Slim » January 29th, 2004, 8:22 pm

Rush Limbaugh is a piece of shyt (you can not cuss right?). He is one of those republicans that will hang a black man the first chance he gets. Don't get it twisted, whoever hired him at ESPN is a piece of shyt too.

R-Tistic
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by R-Tistic » January 29th, 2004, 10:00 pm

I just wish that McNabb coulda won the super bowl to REALLY let Limbaugh know how stupid he is.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » February 2nd, 2004, 12:03 pm

He certainly has returned to his radio show and his tirades quickly as if his opiate addiction, the drug ring scandal, and every other hypocrytical thing he has done never even happened. He has done a great job in downplaying and ignoring the horrid things. Nothing was really known about most of this when this thread was created. It's been amazing watching all the hypocrisy come to the light. What's not surprising is his reaction to it.

kushbomb
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kushbomb » May 21st, 2004, 5:52 pm

alonso wrote:The conservative commentator gave up his job as an ESPN sports analyst late Wednesday, three days after saying on the sports network's "Sunday NFL Countdown" that Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was overrated because the media wanted to see a black quarterback succeed.
maybe he had rasonable information to say that? maybe he was right? | im not rascist im just tryin to think there might be a reason why he said that|