when are they going to give child molesters life in prison?

An open section to speak about anything on your mind from News, politics, Conspiracy Theories, and any random street or urban event.
tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: vegas

when are they going to give child molesters life in prison?

Unread post by tysuave » July 7th, 2005, 1:02 am

Am I the only one who feel likes this,I just heard about the dude from idaho who kidnapped the two kids and killed the whole familey man I wanna kill that dude myself put me in a cell with him and have a extra pair clothes for me when im done I hate child molesters,and rappiest with a passion they should all die a violent death and I mean that.I dont understand it they get a coulpe of years in the pen get out and do it again but yet get caught with two oz of coke and they trying to give you at least 10 years maybe it's becuse the majorty thats molesters are white but whatever the case my point is when are they going to learn when it's there child!

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » July 7th, 2005, 1:11 am

i totally agree. one funny thing is that child molestors get a real hard time in jail all over the world. from Russia, over Turkey to Brazil. They have to scratch them off the walls as soon as other prisoners get their hands on them from what i have heard. Just wondering why?!
They should get live, all of them, cause being pedophil is a sexual orientation (well disease) that you can never cure them of. Its a known fact.

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by tysuave » July 7th, 2005, 1:29 am

Sentenza wrote: They should get life, all of them, cause being pedophil is a sexual orientation (well disease) that you can never cure them of. Its a known fact.
I also agree with you, that was going to be my next point,so therefore there's no reason for them to be free at all, ive been to prison and one thing ive came to learn while in there is there are some people who really dont belong on the streets sad but true.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » July 8th, 2005, 8:44 am

when are they going to start giving KILLERS life in prison? child molestors are a far step away. killers get 30 years parole in 15, parole in 20, i know some people get parole in like 7, then they get time off for good behavior. i mean we treat criminals like gold in this country and all the good people are constantly looking over our backs for scum bags that aren't behind bars and should be.

this is what you should do with the guy from idaho, the guys from florida, this is what you do. you take them to the city capitol and to the most urban downtown area of the city. you gather everyone around to watch and shoot them in the head on the spot. dont send them to jail, just fucking off them right their. do this for killers, rapist, pedafiles, kidnappers, and all other scummy people and i GUARANTEE a decrease in crime. but that would never happen because people are

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 8th, 2005, 10:55 pm

I'll tell you why we don't give child molestors life in prison; And this is going to be hard to swallow, so don't take it the wrong way;

There aren't as many cases of child molestation as the media wants us to believe.

Child abductions have actually gone DOWN in recent years. There are less of them. Why is it the top story in the media? Your guess is as good as mine.

NOW, I understand the idea of locking a pervert away for life. We do register them. And molestors do time. Everywhere they go they are branded as child molestors. Most of them live in trailor parks or beat up appt. complexes that don't even allow kids. They hide under a rock.

I understand that there are some that don't, and instead prowl for children. The truth is, there are very few of them. There are very few instances of abduction. Your kids have better odds of being struck by lightning or winning the lotto. Far and large, it's just not going to happen. Unless, of course, your a junkie and you leave your kids outside for all hours; Which is exactly the case with these kids that keep getting kidnapped.

I mean, come on, when's the last time a grammar school-aged, middle class white girl from some nice nieghborhood went missing? That one in San Diego. That was 3 years ago. And remember what here parents were doing? They were swingers! They were having an orgy downstairs the time she got kidnapped! I watched the trial on court tv.

And believe me, had there been other prominent girls or boys getting kidnapped, it would have been the TOP story on the news and would have replaced the stories of the less wealthy girls that got kidnapped. You know how our media works.

Molestors are sick people. And the reason why they don't get life is because the crime doesn't fit the punishment. A lengthy prison term and registering them as offenders does. Second offense should certainly mean a life sentence. That's indisputable.

Someone gets arrested for child molestation, they're life is f**ed. The system still works. And the odds of your kid being abducted or molested are few and far between; And if your a good parent and your always up on what your kids are doing; The odds they'll be molested are practically zero.

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » July 8th, 2005, 11:05 pm

StillNoScript wrote:That one in San Diego. That was 3 years ago. And remember what here parents were doing? They were swingers! They were having an orgy downstairs the time she got kidnapped! I watched the trial on court tv.
LOL

Can you please tell me about this case, I don't remember hearing about it in the news.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 8th, 2005, 11:09 pm

Dr. Gonzo wrote:
StillNoScript wrote:That one in San Diego. That was 3 years ago. And remember what here parents were doing? They were swingers! They were having an orgy downstairs the time she got kidnapped! I watched the trial on court tv.
LOL

Can you please tell me about this case, I don't remember hearing about it in the news.
Do a google search on Daniell Van Dam...try different spellings until you get it right. Try a search with her name and the word, 'swingers', and you'll get the story. The girl's parents were swingers. They threw sex parties. That was their thing. It came up throughout the trial. The parents even had to testify to it. Damn near blew the case, but it didn't. the defendent, forget his name, still got found guilty, and thank god for that. He's getting the chair, I believe. But he killed the girl. His case was the worst imaginable.

The point I was making is that rather people want to believe it or not the majority of these child abductions are happening when the parents are either laying on the couch with a needle sticking out of their arm, or they're on the rug humping with 20 of their friends and Ron Jeremy.

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » July 8th, 2005, 11:12 pm

Oh right Daniell Van Dam does ring a bell. Gonna google that case now thanks.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » July 9th, 2005, 12:52 am

I understand that there are some that don't, and instead prowl for children. The truth is, there are very few of them. There are very few instances of abduction. Your kids have better odds of being struck by lightning or winning the lotto. Far and large, it's just not going to happen. Unless, of course, your a junkie and you leave your kids outside for all hours; Which is exactly the case with these kids that keep getting kidnapped.
i dont believe that is true.
I mean, come on, when's the last time a grammar school-aged, middle class white girl from some nice nieghborhood went missing
about three weeks ago in aruba. not quite grammar school aged but 17. actually most of the kidnappings of white kids recently could have been considered middle class. i mean sure they've all came from "redneck" areas, but i mean it's not like they were dirt poor trying to get by or on welfare.
And if your a good parent and your always up on what your kids are doing; The odds they'll be molested are practically zero.
thats true. but my parents always told me "its not you i dont trust, its other people". parents cannot monitor their kids 24/7 and even if they do their best job watching them people can still find them. one guy had a list of names of somewhat 36,000 kids in his house all which he would have liked to molest. newspaper clippings of kids winning talent shows, school awards, ect.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » July 9th, 2005, 4:13 am

StillNoScript wrote:I'll tell you why we don't give child molestors life in prison; And this is going to be hard to swallow, so don't take it the wrong way;

There aren't as many cases of child molestation as the media wants us to believe.

Child abductions have actually gone DOWN in recent years. There are less of them. Why is it the top story in the media? Your guess is as good as mine.

NOW, I understand the idea of locking a pervert away for life. We do register them. And molestors do time. Everywhere they go they are branded as child molestors. Most of them live in trailor parks or beat up appt. complexes that don't even allow kids. They hide under a rock.

I mean, come on, when's the last time a grammar school-aged, middle class white girl from some nice nieghborhood went missing? That one in San Diego. That was 3 years ago. And remember what here parents were doing? They were swingers! They were having an orgy downstairs the time she got kidnapped! I watched the trial on court tv.

And believe me, had there been other prominent girls or boys getting kidnapped, it would have been the TOP story on the news and would have replaced the stories of the less wealthy girls that got kidnapped. You know how our media works.

Molestors are sick people. And the reason why they don't get life is because the crime doesn't fit the punishment. A lengthy prison term and registering them as offenders does. Second offense should certainly mean a life sentence. That's indisputable.

Someone gets arrested for child molestation, they're life is f**ed. The system still works. And the odds of your kid being abducted or molested are few and far between; And if your a good parent and your always up on what your kids are doing; The odds they'll be molested are practically zero.
yea maybe child abductions do not happen as often as the media wants to make us believe. but child abusement (? is that a word?) IS happening more often then we know. The fucked up thing is that it happens inside of the family most of the times i.e. its parents and grandparents and uncles and aunts that do the abuse in most of the cases by far!

I know this sounds like a lie, but i know 4 cases personally where it has happened and only one of them dared to speak up. The person was found guilty but only got 2 years of probation. what kind of shit is that?
The guy ruined that kids life and got probation? i mean..... hello?
what sense of justice is that?

@se11: i share your view on child molestors since someone very close to me was "affected" by one, but i think that what you said about shooting them in the head in public places wouldnt work.
There have been examples where that was done on a regular basis, but it didnt decrease either the crime rate nor the rape/abuse rate.
You know its like this, they think they will never get caught and thats why they do it.
and then there are those who are mentally completely ill and are not in control of themselves. Those you cant scare with any punishment at all, cause they lost their sense for reality. you know which type i speak of....

if you ask me, if they get a child molestor, put them in the mental hospital/prison for life and do research on them on that subject....but thats just my opinion.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » July 9th, 2005, 12:46 pm

You know its like this, they think they will never get caught and thats why they do it.
but still, if they do get caught what do they get, 10-20 years in jail with parole after 7? thats still nothing, so even if they do get caught its not a big deal. if they knew that the government would kill them even if they had any thought of them kidnapping or killing a child maybe they would think twice before they are sent off to prison for a wile where they can join gangs or spend their time in PC.

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » July 9th, 2005, 1:08 pm

the worst thing is that familys go on ,though there was abuse within it.
I do not know many women ,but percentage is high.
-what sucks likely the same way is that parents often enough do not care :why has a 12 y old girl to wear a Shakira outfit when weather would allow a pullover,or why should such present her string tanga in public,or naked hips?city is full with 12 year old to adult with nakedstomach and on the back the string tanga is able to be seen.they do so in winter!!too
what is this?
if you go home at night refresh your mke up and go through the park.(ironic.)

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » July 9th, 2005, 7:06 pm

se11 wrote:
but still, if they do get caught what do they get, 10-20 years in jail with parole after 7? thats still nothing, so even if they do get caught its not a big deal. if they knew that the government would kill them even if they had any thought of them kidnapping or killing a child maybe they would think twice before they are sent off to prison for a wile where they can join gangs or spend their time in PC.
did you know, and thats what i think is fucked up, that most molestors (like almost all of them) have been victims thereselves to molestation once in their lifetime? i still feel no pitty for them but its fuckin annoying that this poison is passed on from generation to generation this way.

i think life in jail is by far more threatening then death. at least to me.
if they could be sure to get life, and i mean life, maybe that would be a more appropriate punishment for them then just plain death.
in china they do public executions (in stadiums full of little children- for deterrence).
but does it work? no. china has crime rates as ever. corruption, prostitution and so on.
i actually think there is no real solution cause psycho people will always be there.
i just think that they deserve to go to jail for life. and i wouldnt mind if theyd get an ass whipping every few days for what they have done.
and the justice for the victims should be enforced much more.

PREACH
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PREACH » July 11th, 2005, 1:21 am

IM A PARENT AND I GOT 2 KIDS BOTH GIRLS. AND BECAUSE OF ALL THIS SHIT WITH THESE MOLESTERS AND KIDNAPPERS IT MAKES ME 200% MORE AWRE OF WHUTS GOING ON.SOMEONE SAID U CANT MONITOR YOUR KIDS 24/7 AND THATS THE TRUTH. U GOTTA BE ABLE TO TEACH YOUR KIDS ABOUT THESE KIND OF PEOPLE AND WHUT TO DO IF THEY HAPPEN TO ENCOUNTER THIS KIND OF SITUATION. EVERY TIME MY KID PLAYS OUTSIDE I ALWAYS TALK TO HER ABOUT BEING AWARE. EVEN THOUGH SHE'S JUST RIGHT OUTSIDE AND AWAY FROM THE STREET, U NEVER KNOW.U ALWAYS GOTTA KEEP YOUR EYES AND EARS OPEN, AS A PARENT.

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by tysuave » July 11th, 2005, 1:53 am

every one has good points but you cant compare how much time a child molester gets with a murder because when you kill someone you get sentence acourding to the storey on why you killed that person thats why you have murders with diffrent sentences, as for a child molester theres no excuse for why they did it and when they get out there just gone do the same thing so why let them out theres no saving them they like children, the same way, we date, who we date if your normal like me.It's in there brain they cant change the way they feel so lock them up for life so they cant hurt another child,dont wait intill they harm another child say for instence I get locked up cuzz I like women for say 7 years do you think when I get out im going to stop liking women hell no and as a matter of fact the whole 7 years all im going to think about is a women and how I cant wait to get out and find another one thats how they think about kids child molesters are worthless and dont deserve to enjoy life.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

When they gonna give child molestors life in prison

Unread post by NW10 » July 11th, 2005, 3:53 am

the sooner the better. the law in my country is fucked up. i know people involved in aggravated assault charges after a streetfight who have served more time in prison than both rapists and child molestors.

Kab
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Kab » July 15th, 2005, 1:24 pm

My 4yr old cousin was raped, beaten ( how the hospital not going to do anything when a 4yr old comes in with a broken jaw) and later murdered by her mother's boyfriend. Think he got less than 15yrs, not sure.

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by tysuave » July 17th, 2005, 9:43 am

Kab wrote:My 4yr old cousin was raped, beaten ( how the hospital not going to do anything when a 4yr old comes in with a broken jaw) and later murdered by her mother's boyfriend. Think he got less than 15yrs, not sure.
somebody needs to kill that punk!!

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » July 17th, 2005, 11:33 am

I feel ya.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » July 21st, 2005, 3:04 am

Even Christ said that if someone hurts a child - it is better that they have a millstone tied round their necks and they be thrown into the deepest sea

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » July 21st, 2005, 2:01 pm

Heres some real disgusting stuff i found:

THE SEXUAL ABUSE OF CHILDREN TODAY

In America, the most accurate scientific studies, based on lengthy interviews, report that 30 percent of men and 40 percent of women remember having been sexually molested during childhood--defining "molestation" as actual genital contact, not just exposure. About half of these are directly incestuous, with the immediate family, the other half being with neighbors, but with the complicity of caretakers in at least 80 percent of the cases. these experiences of seduction are not just pieced together from fragmentary memories, but are remembered in detail, are usually for an extended period of time and have been confirmed by follow-up reliability studies in 83 percent of the cases, so they are unlikely to have been fantasies. The seductions occurred at much earlier ages than had been previously assumed, with 8l percent occurring before puberty and an astonishing 42 percent under age 7.

As high as these molestation rates seem, however, they represent only a portion of the true rates, not only because those interviewed do not include populations that have been shown to have extremely high rates--such as criminals, prostitutes, juveniles in shelters, psychotics, etc.--but also because only conscious memories were counted, and the earliest seductions of children are almost never remembered except during psychotherapy. Adjusting statistically for what is known about these additional factors, I have concluded that the real sexual abuse rate for America is 60 percent for girls and 45 percent for boys, about half directly incestuous.

Childhood in contemporary Japan, although somewhat more Western than that of other Eastern nations, still includes masturbation by mothers "to put them to sleep." Parents usually have intercourse with the children in bed with them, and "co-sleeping," with parents physically embracing the child, often continues until the child is ten or fifteen. One recent Japanese study found daughters sleeping with their fathers over 20 percent of the time after age 16. Recent sex surveys report memories of sexual abuse even higher than comparable American studies, and "hot lines" of sexual abuse report mother/son incest in almost a third of the calls, the mother saying to her teenage son, "It's not good to do is alone. :Your IQ becomes lower. I will help you," or "You cannot study if you cannot have sex. You may use my body," or "I don't want you to get into trouble with a girl. Have sex with me instead." Historically, Japan has been one of the most endogamous societies in the world, with incestuous marriages in court circles being approved even in historical times and preferred sibling, cousin, uncle-niece and aunt/nephew marriages having been so extensive that genetics experts have discovered that the incestuous inbreeding has affected the size and health of Japanese. Even today, there are rural areas in Japan where fathers marry their daughters when the mother has died or is incapacitated, "in accordance with feudal family traditions."

Dont know if its true though. Can someone tell something about it?

Heres the link:
http://www.primal-page.com/ph-abuse.htm

North Face
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by North Face » July 21st, 2005, 11:05 pm

"Amber Alert" is what its called here in my area. Scary thing every parents worst nightmare. In my oppinion Child molesters, abducters rapists should be put to DEATH PENALTY.

70% who are kidnapped Are known to be mostly dead.

NoPeace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NoPeace » July 24th, 2005, 2:56 pm

child molestors are the most scummy ass people living. i dont agree with putting murderers to death because its pretty hypocritical, but i think we should put child rapists and even rapists in general to death. the kind of terror they put women and children through is so fucked up. they deservethe worst type of shit imaginable.

ROOJOJR
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Chesters

Unread post by ROOJOJR » September 5th, 2005, 9:41 pm

Every pen I have been to you get screened by your people to make sure your not a child rapist. Some slip through for a bit but once they are made they go hide behind the cops and get put safely in pc. Once in a while we get one first. The woods and the Southsiders are the most thourough followed by the northerners. The blacks dont seem to give a damn who they eat with. Any body whos been locked up knows thats the truth.

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

today

Unread post by Mraka » September 7th, 2005, 11:40 am

I got the news that an U.S.American citizen went out and murdered some child molesters.I do not know if he got the victims out of the information campain in which their photos are released to the public.
Hope,in between, you all know the differnce between homosexuality and pedosexuality.
ANd did this ,what happened ,change or destabilize your opinion?

Giulliano

Unread post by Giulliano » October 20th, 2005, 4:24 pm

i agree with the threadstarter, child molestors should be given life in prison

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » October 20th, 2005, 4:41 pm

Read this.Its fuckin long and its gonna make you sick.

Marc Dutroux (born 6 November 1956 in Brussels) is one of the most notorious criminals in Belgian history. He was convicted of having, in 1995 and 1996, kidnapped, tortured and sexually abused six girls, ranging in age from 8 to 19, four of whom died as a result. He was also convicted of having killed a suspected former accomplice. He was arrested in 1996 and has been in prison since then. His widely publicised trial took place in 2004. A number of shortcomings in the Dutroux investigation caused widespread discontent in Belgium with the country's criminal justice system, and the ensuing scandal was one of the reasons for the reorganisation of Belgium's law enforcement agencies.

Before the kidnappings

Dutroux was the eldest of five children; his parents, two teachers, emigrated to the Belgian Congo and returned to Belgium in 1960. They separated in 1971 and Dutroux stayed with his mother, but left at age 16, working briefly as a prostitute serving homosexual men. He married his first wife at the age of 19; they had two children. He divorced her in 1983. At this point, he already had an affair with Michelle Martin. The two would eventually have three children together; they married in 1989 while both were in prison. They divorced in 2003, again while in prison.

An unemployed electrician, Dutroux had a long criminal history involving car theft, muggings and drug dealing. This is the classic life story of a sociopath.

In February 1986, Dutroux and Michelle Martin were arrested for abducting and raping five young girls. In April 1989 he was sentenced to thirteen and a half years in prison; Martin received a sentence of five years. Showing good behaviour in prison, he was released on parole in April 1992, after having served slightly more than three years. The release came despite a warning letter written by his own mother to the prison director.

After his release, he was able to convince a psychiatrist of a disability, resulting in a government pension. He also received sleeping pills and sedatives from the doctor which he would later use to quiet the abducted girls.

His property crimes continued. He came to own seven houses, most of them vacant. Three of them were involved in the following abductions. In the house in Marcinelle near Charleroi (Hainaut), where he lived most of the time, he started to construct a concealed dungeon in the basement. Hidden behind a massive concrete door disguised as a shelf, the cell was 2.15 metres long, less than a meter wide and 1.64 metres high.

Abductions and arrest

Some of the following describes the events as alleged by the prosecution.

Julie Lejeune (age 8) and Mélissa Russo (age 8) were kidnapped together on June 24, 1995, probably by Dutroux, and imprisoned in Dutroux's cellar. Dutroux repeatedly sexually abused the girls and produced pornographic videos.

17-year-old An Marchal and 19-year-old Eefje Lambrechts were kidnapped on August 22, 1995 while on a camping trip in Ostend, probably by Dutroux and his drug-addicted accomplice Michel Lelièvre, who was being paid with drugs. Since the dungeon was already in use, Dutroux chained the girls to a bed in a room of his house. His wife was aware of all these activities. The prosecution alleged that Dutroux killed An Marchal and Eefje Lambrecks several weeks later, but the exact circumstances of the murder are unknown.

In late 1995, Dutroux came under investigation for his involvement in stolen luxury cars. He was in custody from December 6, 1995 until March 20, 1996. It is likely that Julie Lejeune and Mélissa Russo starved to death during this time.

Sabine Dardenne was kidnapped and imprisoned in the dungeon on May 28, 1996 on her way back from school, probably by Dutroux and his accomplice Michel Lelièvre. She was 12 at the time. On August 9, 1996, the two men kidnapped Laetitia Delhez (14) when she was walking home at night from a public swimming pool. A police investigation found an eye witness who could remember part of a license plate which matched Dutroux's. Dutroux, his wife Martin and Lelièvre were arrested on August 13, 1996. A search of his houses did not turn up anything. After two days, both Dutroux and Lelièvre confessed. Then Dutroux led investigators to the dungeon hidden in his basement. Sabine Dardenne and Laetitia Delhez were found alive there on August 15.

In an interview conducted several years later, Ms. Dardenne related that Dutroux told her that she was being kidnapped by a gang, that her parents did not want to pay, and that the gang therefore was planning to kill her. He presented himself as the "good guy" protecting her from the gang. He let her write letters to her family, which he read but never posted.

On August 17, Dutroux led police to another house of his, in Sars-la-Buissière (Hainaut). The bodies of Julie Lejeune and Mélissa Russo as well as Dutroux's supposed accomplice Bernard Weinstein were found in the garden. An autopsy found that the two girls died from starvation. Dutroux had crushed Weinstein's testicles until he revealed a money hiding place, then he drugged him and buried him alive. Dutroux told police that he had killed Weinstein because he had failed to feed the girls during Dutroux's time in custody. Finally, Dutroux told police where to find the bodies of An Marchal and Eefje Lambrecks. They were located on September 3, 1996 in Jumet (Hainaut), buried under a shack next to a house owned by Dutroux. Weinstein had lived in that house for three years.

Several hundred pornographic videos with underage victims were found in Dutroux's houses.

Shortcomings of the investigation, public outcry

Authorities were criticised for various aspects of the case. Perhaps most notably, police searched Dutroux's house on December 13, 1995 and again on December 19, 1995 in relation to his car theft charge. During this time, Julie Lejeune and Mélissa Russo were still alive in the basement dungeon, but they were not found. Since the search was unrelated to kidnapping charges, police searching the house had no dogs or specialised equipment that may have discovered the girls' presence. However, one officer heard children crying.

Several early hints as to Dutroux's intentions were not properly followed-up. Dutroux had offered money to a police informer for providing girls, and told him that he was constructing a cell in his basement. His mother also wrote a second letter to police, claiming that he held girls captive in his houses.

There was widespread anger and frustration among Belgians due to police errors and the general slowness of the investigation. This anger culminated when the popular investigative judge in charge of the case was dismissed after having participated in a fund raising dinner by the girls' parents. His dismissal resulted in a massive protest march (the "White March") of 300,000 people on the capital, Brussels, in October 1996, in which demands were made for reforms of Belgium's police and justice system.

A 17-month investigation by a parliamentary commission into the Dutroux affair produced a report in February 1998. The commission found that while Dutroux did not have accomplices in high positions of police and justice system, as he continued to claim, he profited from corruption, sloppiness and incompetence.

Public indignation flared up again in April 1998. While being transferred to a court house without handcuffs, Dutroux managed to overpower one of his guards, take his gun and escape. He was caught a few hours later. The Minister of Justice, the Minister of the Interior, and the police chief resigned as a result. In 2000, Dutroux received a five-year sentence for threatening a police officer during his escape. In 2002, he received another five-year sentence for unrelated crimes.

There was speculation that Dutroux was part of a widespread network of pedophiles and Satanists, supposedly including prominent Belgians. This charge was in particular made by the parents of the abducted girls, as well as by Dutroux himself. Some sources, including Belgian police, have questioned the accuracy of such claims. Unhappy with the conduct of the investigation, the parents of Mélissa Russo and Julie Lejeune pulled out of the trial in 2002. In 2003, nineteen year-old Sabine Dardenne gave her first interview to the press. She stated that, based on her observations during her 79-day-long captivity, she thought that Dutroux acted alone.

The Dutroux case is now considered so evil and infamous that more than a third of Belgians with the surname "Dutroux" applied to have their name changed between 1996 and the trial.
[edit]

The trial

Dutroux's trial began on March 1, 2004, some seven and a half years after his initial arrest. It was a trial by jury and up to 450 people were called upon to testify. The trial took place in Arlon, the capital of the Belgian province of Luxembourg, where investigations started. Dutroux was tried for the murder of An Marchal, Eefje Lambrecks and his suspected accomplice Bernard Weinstein. While admitting the abductions, he denied all three killings, but earlier had confessed to the killing of Weinstein. Dutroux was also charged with a host of other crimes: auto theft, abduction, attempted murder and attempted abduction, molestation, and three unrelated rapes of women from Slovakia.

Dutroux faced a maximum sentence of life imprisonment. Belgium abolished the death penalty for all crimes in 1996.

Also being tried were his ex-wife Michelle Martin as primary accomplice, Michel Lelièvre and Michel Nihoul. To protect the accused, they were made to sit in a glass cage during the trial. In the first week of the trial, photos of Dutroux's face were not allowed to be printed in Belgian newspapers, for privacy reasons. Throughout the trial, Dutroux continued to insist that he was part of a Europe-wide pedophile ring with accomplices amongst police officers, businessmen, doctors, and even high-level Belgian politicians.

In a rare move, the jury at the assize trial publicly protested the presiding judge Stéphane Goux's handling of the debates and perceived rushing of the victims' testimonies.

On June 14, 2004, after three months of trial, the jury went into seclusion to reach their verdicts on Dutroux and the three other accused, which were returned on June 17 after three days of deliberation. Dutroux, Martin and Lelièvre were found guilty on all charges, while the role of Nihoul was too heavily debated to return a verdict for him.

Nihoul's verdict was returned by the court, which acquitted him from being an offender on kidnapping and murder of the girls. The jury was asked to go back into seclusion to give answer to the question whether Nihoul was an accomplice or not.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » October 20th, 2005, 4:43 pm

^^^^Dunno why the smiley are up on there.....The text says that they were both at the age of 8 years.

Comatose
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Comatose » December 6th, 2005, 10:02 pm

There are 2 kinds of Child Molesters. There are the ones with a "fetish" that know they are sicc. They hate themselves a lot of the time. Then there are the predators, that harm others and the children, typically killing the children as a result. Each case deserves its merits to be heard and someone should not do more time in prison than they deserve (what is it with you people wanting to locc people up? That solves nothing, it is a punishment that does not work correctly). However, they should be gated into communities together, where there is a constant security surveillance.

When will child molesters get life? Probably never.

"The point I was making is that rather people want to believe it or not the majority of these child abductions are happening when the parents are either laying on the couch with a needle sticking out of their arm, or they're on the rug humping with 20 of their friends and Ron Jeremy."

The majority huh? Got any stats to back that up?