Taggers Charged/Convicted

From tagging to piecing to gang graffiti to clothing styles to the art of tattoos.
Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Taggers Charged/Convicted

Unread post by Common Sense » September 4th, 2004, 12:02 pm

Suspected Taggers Nabbed

September 2004

Several of their parents knew about the crimes; more arrests coming
By GRETCHEN LOSI/Staff Writer

HESPERIA — "We started F.U.C. because Hesperia is boring and we are stupie (sic)," is what one of nine graffiti taggers, all now in custody, wrote in his confession letter to police.

All nine, whose tag name "F.U.C." — an obscenity-laced acronym — wrote similar confessions.

"They're basically a bunch of kids who mark up walls to get noticed," San Bernardino County Sheriff's Deputy Bill McCarter said.

After several months of investigating by the Problem Oriented Policing Team, a unit of the Hesperia Sheriff's Department, all nine members of the "FUC Krew," have been booked and now may face felony charges. Graffiti damage over $400 is a felony, according to the sheriff's department.

The taggers are responsible for more than $5,000 in damage said Sheriff's Department Spokeswoman Roxanne Walker.

The group's members range in ages from 14 to two 18 year-olds.

Brian Gomez and Billy Stroup, both of Hesperia, were the two adult vandals booked into West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga.

Interestingly, Solomon said that many of the taggers' parents knew about their illegal activities.

During the arrest they said walls and furniture in a home of one of the taggers showed the group's graffiti.

"It was sprayed all over the mother's computer desk. She was supplying the paint for them," Deputy John Solomon said.

Business and residential victims of tagging are encouraged by deputies to contact the Sheriff's Department or the District Attorney's office to file a report.

"It all has to be reported so they can be held totally accountable," Solomon said, holding a six-inch thick file of reports about the taggers.

"At one time, half or more of the city's stop signs were tagged," McCarter said. "Damage done in Victorville will also be addressed."

The deputies attribute much of the success of the arrests to the Hesperia School District Police.

"They helped break the case," McCarter said.

Their next target-- the "UA Krew."

"The UA is done. Their days are numbered. We know exactly who they are," Solomon said.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Re: Taggers Charged/Convicted

Unread post by Common Sense » September 4th, 2004, 12:26 pm

TAGGER CONVICTED OF MURDER OF TWO RIVAL TAGGERS
(see related case Idiots donate souls to kalifornya/ Jose Miquel Rodriquez)

Geraldo Ojtio, 20 of San Diego....CONVICTED/GONE
January 2004

Details:
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/2769542/detail.html

YOUNG1_ASEK
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YOUNG1_ASEK » September 4th, 2004, 7:08 pm

Common Sense wrote:TAGGER CONVICTED OF MURDER OF TWO RIVAL TAGGERS
(see related case Idiots donate souls to kalifornya/ Jose Miquel Rodriquez)

Geraldo Ojtio, 20 of San Diego....CONVICTED/GONE
January 2004

Details:
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/2769542/detail.html
\\

they aint real taggers..maybe tag bangers or taggers recruited to hit up for a varrio but i dont know a real writter who guna blast an enemy..maybe throw it down

YOUNG1_ASEK
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YOUNG1_ASEK » September 4th, 2004, 7:10 pm

Common Sense wrote:Suspected Taggers Nabbed

September 2004

Several of their parents knew about the crimes; more arrests coming
By GRETCHEN LOSI/Staff Writer

HESPERIA — "We started F.U.C. because Hesperia is boring and we are stupie (sic)," is what one of nine graffiti taggers, all now in custody, wrote in his confession letter to police.

All nine, whose tag name "F.U.C." — an obscenity-laced acronym — wrote similar confessions.

"They're basically a bunch of kids who mark up walls to get noticed," San Bernardino County Sheriff's Deputy Bill McCarter said.

After several months of investigating by the Problem Oriented Policing Team, a unit of the Hesperia Sheriff's Department, all nine members of the "FUC Krew," have been booked and now may face felony charges. Graffiti damage over $400 is a felony, according to the sheriff's department.

The taggers are responsible for more than $5,000 in damage said Sheriff's Department Spokeswoman Roxanne Walker.

The group's members range in ages from 14 to two 18 year-olds.

Brian Gomez and Billy Stroup, both of Hesperia, were the two adult vandals booked into West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga.

Interestingly, Solomon said that many of the taggers' parents knew about their illegal activities.

During the arrest they said walls and furniture in a home of one of the taggers showed the group's graffiti.

"It was sprayed all over the mother's computer desk. She was supplying the paint for them," Deputy John Solomon said.

Business and residential victims of tagging are encouraged by deputies to contact the Sheriff's Department or the District Attorney's office to file a report.

"It all has to be reported so they can be held totally accountable," Solomon said, holding a six-inch thick file of reports about the taggers.

"At one time, half or more of the city's stop signs were tagged," McCarter said. "Damage done in Victorville will also be addressed."

The deputies attribute much of the success of the arrests to the Hesperia School District Police.

"They helped break the case," McCarter said.

Their next target-- the "UA Krew."

"The UA is done. Their days are numbered. We know exactly who they are," Solomon said.
wow..but the po-lice dont know how big FUC is i got homeboys down here in bolen and in bello reppin FUC and UAK ive seen em up a lot they deep as a muther..but those arent the biggest krew ever..its a loss for the graffiti scene.but i guess a gain for u guys.. alrato

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » September 13th, 2004, 2:47 pm

Teen Taggers Targeted

Beaconsfield, Canada

Police hope they’re on the verge of stopping serial graffiti artists in the area with the arrest of a 15-year-old youth allegedly caught spraying a tag cops know all too well.

Montreal police Station 1 Const. Roberto Del Papa said four males were seen by a witness spray-painting a tag that is displayed all over the region, including the train station and Beaconsfield Shopping Centre. He said 52 similar tags appear in the area. Police captured one of the vandals and, if convicted, will send a pricey clean-up bill to his parents.

Sheeklouchdblock
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Sheeklouchdblock » September 13th, 2004, 3:03 pm

Common Sense wrote:Teen Taggers Targeted

Beaconsfield, Canada

Police hope they’re on the verge of stopping serial graffiti artists in the area with the arrest of a 15-year-old youth allegedly caught spraying a tag cops know all too well.

Montreal police Station 1 Const. Roberto Del Papa said four males were seen by a witness spray-painting a tag that is displayed all over the region, including the train station and Beaconsfield Shopping Centre. He said 52 similar tags appear in the area. Police captured one of the vandals and, if convicted, will send a pricey clean-up bill to his parents.

Lol I know his momma mad.........

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » September 15th, 2004, 9:18 am

LBPD Busts Alleged Tagger Suspected In Connection w/ Thousands of Dollars In Graffiti Damage

(May 28, 2004) -- Tag...You're busted.

LBPD has arrested a 17-year-old juvenile suspected in connection with graffiti that resulted in thousands of dollars in damage thoughout LB...and police say there could be more arrests soon.

Police allege the teen is a member of a graffiti tagging crew...and he's been booked on vandalism charges in the LB Police Youth Services Division.

LBPD says Detectives from its Graffiti Abatement Team ID'd the suspect and shared the info with West Division patrol officers who arrested the suspect at his home.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » September 15th, 2004, 9:27 am

Tagger Convicted Of Murder

SAN DIEGO -

A "tagger" who fatally shot a rival and wounded a colleague during a fight outside a party last November was convicted Friday of second-degree murder and gun allegations.

Matthew Raye Bradford, 20, faces 40 years to life in prison when sentenced Nov. 10 by Judge John Thompson.

Bradford, whose goes by the name "Blitz," testified that he went to a party on Halloween night 2003, knowing members of the rival "Sherman" tagger gang would be there.

The defendant said he left the party and retrieved a gun that a drug dealer friend had hidden nearby. Bradford, who denied being a gang member, said he had shot the gun once before.

Once outside the party, the defendant said he fought with a rival "Sherman" gang member because the rival had disrespected him.

Pedro Lopez, 20, was fatally shot in the chest and a friend was grazed in the stomach when the defendant started "firing wildly," he testified.

Bradford told prosecutor Annette Irving that he used to claim membership in the "tagging" gang "Up in Smoke," but no longer did.

But Irving showed the defendant letters he had written to his female cousin from jail, signed by "Blitz Dog."

Bradford, who said he got rid of the gun used in the shooting because "he didn't want it," was arrested two months after the attack.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » September 15th, 2004, 9:48 am

Adult Tagger AKA "Rebel" Sentenced To Three Years In Prison And Fined $760,000

Southern Nevada

http://www.viewnews.com/2004/VIEW-Sep-0 ... 66602.html
(link not working)

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » September 15th, 2004, 11:00 am

Oh my goodness! How is he doing to pay THAT much money back? He'll have to file bankruptcy to wash it.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » September 15th, 2004, 11:07 am

Kemosave wrote:Oh my goodness! How is he doing to pay THAT much money back? He'll have to file bankruptcy to wash it.
Since that link is working. I 'll answer that question. He didn't pay it. He died from a drug overdose. What ever he was going through, I guess he paid with his life. Really sad story.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » September 15th, 2004, 12:00 pm

Yes it is. Tragic of course.

YOUNG1_ASEK
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YOUNG1_ASEK » September 15th, 2004, 5:01 pm

by the way there isnt such thing as a "tagger gang" alright pz

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » September 15th, 2004, 9:21 pm

Vicksburg Graffiti Suspect Indicted By Federal Grand Jury

Associated Press

VICKSBURG, Miss. - The man accused of spray-painting messages urging repentance on Vicksburg National Military Park monuments in November has been indicted by a federal grand jury.

The indictment is in addition to state charges that have kept Mark Vincent Peterson, 33, of Vicksburg, in the Warren County Jail on a $100,000 bond since his arrest.

The indictment in U.S. District Court in Jackson is for felony malicious mischief. It accuses Peterson of damaging 11 monuments at the federal park. Peterson caused damage in excess of $1,000, the indictment says.

The maximum penalty for the offense is imprisonment of 10 years and a $250,000 fine.

Peterson is scheduled to appear March 16 in Jackson before U.S. Magistrate Alfred G. Nicols, said Sheila Wilbanks, a spokeswoman for the U.S. attorney's office.

Peterson was arrested Nov. 25, 2003, after National Park Service officers and Vicksburg police spotted a car that fit the description of the one their suspect had been driving.

Peterson faces state charges of felony malicious mischief. The law provides for a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $10,000 fine plus restitution for damages caused.

The vandalism was discovered in 21 places inside and outside the park over four days beginning Nov. 20. Most of the spray-painted messages read, "Jesus is coming. Repent y'all."

The messages were found at 13 monuments statues or memorials in the park and at six churches, a Jewish temple and at Riverfront Park.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » September 15th, 2004, 9:38 pm

Residents Help In Capture Of Graffiti Suspect

By Monica M. Brown/Staff Writer
May 4, 2004, 08:53 am

Thanks to the eagle eyes of some local residents, an Alamogordo man has been arrested for defacing 17 city signs.

Detective Matt Flotte with the Alamogordo Department of Public Safety said residents saw a man writing graffiti on signs around town and called police, enabling the agency to capture the suspect.

Flotte said the suspect, Gregory Easthouse, 22, of 1209 14th St., was quickly located by police units and admitted defacing the signs. But when officers attempted to take him into custody, Flotte said, Easthouse resisted.

Easthouse has been charge, Flotte said, with 17 counts of criminal damage and one count of resisting or obstructing an officer.

He is to appear in municipal court on the charges.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » September 15th, 2004, 9:48 pm

4th Graffiti Conviction Gets Man Six Months

Angela An
WBNS-10 TV /Columbus Dispatch

Derik Yelloweyes says he’s finished spray-painting graffiti after being convicted again.

Derik Yelloweyes apparently missed the writing on the wall, but police didn’t — time and again.

Yesterday, the 23-year-old Columbus man received a six month jail sentence for spraypainting graffiti on an abandoned building near the Ohio State University campus.

"You’re not going to like me, I guarantee you, when you’re done," Environmental Court Judge Harland H. Hale told Yelloweyes after imposing the maximum sentence..

It’s not as if Yelloweyes, who identifies himself as a student at Columbus State Community College, lacked fair warning, the judge said.

The conviction was his fourth, making him Franklin County’s most-prosecuted graffiti artist in memory, officials said.

"This young man was the first time we got someone for a third offense," said Assistant City Prosecutor Bill Hedrick, "and to get someone for a fourth offense was very shocking to me."

Yelloweyes’ record, Hedrick said, is clean aside from the graffiti convictions.

Each of the convictions has resulted in a harsher sentence, Hedrick said. So far, the prosecutor said, Yelloweyes has spent almost 100 days behind bars and completed 300 hours of community service.

"I just don’t know what other kind of message we can convey to someone, particularly when you have no other criminal history," he said.

Yelloweyes said spray-painting other people’s property is just a "bad habit" he picked up when he was younger.

"I’ve been here before. I understand the charges against me, and I understand what I’m dealing with," Yelloweyes said in court.

"And I understand my responsibility for my actions and basically want to get (the sentence) done and get it over with so I can go back to school."

But even now, Yelloweyes said he doesn’t think graffiti is such a big deal. He also said there’s nothing special about the word he generally paints on buildings: NERY.

"It doesn’t mean anything. It’s just a word," he said. "I like the letters . . . and how they move."

That fondness notwithstanding, Yelloweyes said he intends to give up graffiti after his release.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » September 18th, 2004, 10:29 am

Convicted Tagger Ordered To Complete High School In Two Years And Pay $450.00 Fine As Part Of Probation.

Los Angeles

http://www.lacity.org/ATTY/attypress/at ... 282004.pdf

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » October 28th, 2004, 8:19 pm

Teen Arrested For Causing $200K Graffiti Damage

Alleged Tagger Wanted By MTA Is Held

Oct 28, 2004

LOS ANGELES (AP) Sheriff's deputies arrested a 17-year-old boy for allegedly causing $200,000 damage to public buses by scrawling his moniker on buses in at least 130 acts of vandalism.

The youth's nickname led deputies to the teenager, authorities said.

The teenager arrested Wednesday was one of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's most wanted taggers. Last year, removing graffiti from buses and trains cost the agency $7.8 million, up from $5.7 million the previous year.

Sheriff's Capt. Dan Finkelstein said graffiti "creates a climate of fear."

"People don't feel safe," said Finkelstein, chief of the Sheriff Department's transit services bureau. "This isn't (the vandals') canvas. This canvas belongs to the people of the county of Los Angeles."

Martha Vaca, who has worked in graffiti abatement for the city's Department of Public Works for the last five years, said she could not recall a tagger who had done more damage.

The MTA plans to seek restitution from the teenager's parents.

YOUNG1_ASEK
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YOUNG1_ASEK » November 11th, 2004, 11:08 am

i got arrested this summer for "graffiti" i got booked n everything then i fought it went to court with me n my homie gainst a witness and 4 cops..and i won...so..WSUP NOW...i wont even mention how the cops treated me like shit cuz all is fair on the streets but how are we suppose to respect "cops" who "swear" to "protect and serve" when all i see is them mistreatin us?
still
CATCHIN SICK UNBELIEVABLE SPOTS

FREE SITO

CANT STOP US SOLDIERS

YOUNG1_ASEK
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YOUNG1_ASEK » November 11th, 2004, 11:09 am

plus all that it does is make us build more hate for them...one last thing...arrestin a writter dont stop em..in my eyes yeah we might be more careful but just makes us want to get up more

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » November 11th, 2004, 12:37 pm

YOUNG1_ASEK wrote:i got arrested this summer for "graffiti" i got booked n everything then i fought it went to court with me n my homie gainst a witness and 4 cops..and i won
Consider yourself fortunate. Hopefully you will take this as a warning about not gettin' caught up. Some people don't get it until they are knee deep in the system, just to let you know..it's on public record that you were arrested for vandalism..convicted or not. All your doing is killing yourself for future opportunites. You can't change public record. It follows you where ever you go, and it sticks around for yeeeeeaaaarrrrrsssss.
Don't cheat yourself out like that Young1. The more trash you have on record..the more you have to deal with at a later date. If you don't deal with your bad habits now...Your bad habits will deal with YOU later.
YOUNG1_ASEK wrote:...so..WSUP NOW...
catch a clue and count your blessing.
YOUNG1_ASEK wrote:i wont even mention how the cops treated me like shit because all is fair on the streets
that's true, but if you are out there doing dirt...it's fair game to be treated like dirt and occassionally stomped on.
YOUNG1_ASEK wrote:but how are we suppose to respect "cops" who "swear" to "protect and serve" when all i see is them mistreatin us?
the first thing you need to learn is ...self respect and respect for your community.........until then, you get none.

YOUNG1_ASEK wrote:CANT STOP US SOLDIERS
For one thing your not a soldier. your not in uniform in iraq fighting for your freedom and your country.

you are one of those that enjoy the benefits of a first world nation off the backs of people (real soldiers) that make it possible for you........and your contribution to the cause is......writing on the wall?????

One day you will look back on your actions, and you will be embarressed and ashamed.

YOUNG1_ASEK
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YOUNG1_ASEK » November 11th, 2004, 2:14 pm

im not a soldier. yeah u can look at it in ur way. in ur view. cmon now i can tell ur such an advocate for ur view but another thing i notice in my opinion about u is that ur so narrow minded. u see things in tunnel vision well im sorry sir theres things goin around u. im a soldier fightin my own ways. not a wordly war but a personal war. what the fucks up with cops fuckin up foos cuz they in shit. so the cops themselves are a fuckin gang. one of the most powerful gangs cuz they can do shit n get away with it. im not dissin all cops cuz not all are like that and i know that i myself wanted to be a cop wen i was a lil younger but untill i saw the real world. cops stop beintha good guys a long time ago. just like u look down on graffiti so bad i look down on ur shit well not ur shit but the shit u support. now im only 15 years old n ur iono how old u sound educated and u must be doin good in life. i give u props for that but try lookin in from the other side like the sayin goes "dont hate on shit till uve been in these shoes" see im probably young stupid n naieve but i take time to look at where people comin from n thats a result from bein judged so bad by adults.
and respect isnt given
wow he has a badge respect the fucker.
respect is earned n like i said not all pigz are pigz some do actually do good but just like u put so much dirt on taggers ima put dirt on cops
u make us out to be bad guys and what we do is soooooooo horrible were fuckin up our lives so bad n i know this issue has been resolved in the past between me n u in previod post but my bad for gettin so defensive but all i see u do is put up how taggers gettin charged n convicted
some of those people gettin charged and convicted have been my closest homies who have done more for me than any fuckin pig teacher adult has ever done some of those homieshave protected me in ways cops wouldnt or couldnt some of those homies are some of the best people ive met
so dont be so quik to judge.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » November 11th, 2004, 7:15 pm

YOUNG1_ASEK wrote:im not a soldier. yeah u can look at it in ur way. in ur view. cmon now i can tell ur such an advocate for ur view but another thing i notice in my opinion about u is that ur so narrow minded. u see things in tunnel vision well im sorry sir theres things goin around u..
Is it narrow mindedness? or Is it...I've seen this ONE HUNDRED times before..usually ending up with the same unfortunate results?
YOUNG1_ASEK wrote: im a soldier fightin my own ways. not a wordly war but a personal war..
I can believe that Young1.....We all have personal battles to fight.
YOUNG1_ASEK wrote:what the fucks up with cops fuckin up foos because they in shit..
I don't know what's up with that. What I can share with you..is, that Live By The Sword..die By The Sword is alive and well. I don't agree with cops beaten down people, but if some people put themselves in situations to get beat down by the cops, it's hard for me to feel sorry. We are all responsible for our actions. So if we are doing "dirt" and dirt comes upon us...well whoose fault is that? Why should anyone feel sorry?
YOUNG1_ASEK wrote:so the cops themselves are a fuckin gang. one of the most powerful gangs because they can do shit n get away with it...
Yep...the cops are a big gang. As far as gettin' away with illegal activites....some dirty cops do get prosecuted and go to prison.
YOUNG1_ASEK wrote: im not dissin all cops because not all are like that and i know that i myself wanted to be a cop wen i was a lil younger but untill i saw the real world..
At 15...... the world is alot bigger than you think.
YOUNG1_ASEK wrote:cops stop beintha good guys a long time ago. just like u look down on graffiti so bad i look down on ur shit well not ur shit but the shit u support..
I support alot of things, and protest alot of other things.
YOUNG1_ASEK wrote:now im only 15 years old n ur iono how old u sound educated and u must be doin good in life. i give u props for that but try lookin in from the other side like the sayin goes.
Everything I post here is from both sides of the fence. That's why I'm strong with my opinion on certain subjects. I don't hate the tagger, but I do hate tagging, because I know the larger repercussions from this act.
YOUNG1_ASEK wrote:"dont hate on shit till uve been in these shoes".
I don't hate you guys...but I do know where this leads to. I'm not sayin' that you will end up there, but the odds are seriously against you and many others.
YOUNG1_ASEK wrote:see im probably young stupid n naieve but i take time to look at where people comin from n thats a result from bein judged so bad by adults..
Well I won't say your stupid, maybe misguided. Secondly not all adults have the sh-t together. Some are worst than some kids.
YOUNG1_ASEK wrote:and respect isnt given wow he has a badge respect the fucker..
Well... you don't have to like the officer or even respect that officer, but you do have to respect the law. If you don't..you could possibly feel it's wrath.
YOUNG1_ASEK wrote:respect is earned n like i said not all pigz are pigz some do actually do good but just like u put so much dirt on taggers ima put dirt on cops.
I agree. Respect is earned. I respect the fact that you are honest with me, and honest enough to disagree with me and also engage me in debate about opposing issues. That's why I respond to you in great detail.
YOUNG1_ASEK wrote:u make us out to be bad guys and what we do is soooooooo horrible were fuckin up our lives so bad.
I don't think your bad guys, but I do think some of you are practicing a lifestyle that will cause you great problems in the future. Tagging can be a stepping stone to other things which may help you win a bigger prize with the law.
YOUNG1_ASEK wrote:n i know this issue has been resolved in the past between me n u in previod post but.
We can hash issue's anytime you like Young1.
YOUNG1_ASEK wrote:my bad for gettin so defensive but all i see u do is put up how taggers gettin charged n convicted.
I put that up there to let kids know that people are actually getting convicted for tagging. What he/she decideds to do..is up to them, but at least they know the consequences. I do it for the gang bangers too. I show people that fools are going to prison for life over something as dumb as set trippin'.

YOUNG1_ASEK wrote:some of those people gettin charged and convicted have been my closest homies who have done more for me than any fuckin pig teacher adult has ever done some of those homies have protected me in ways cops wouldnt or couldnt some of those homies are some of the best people ive met.
I'm sure your friends are good friends to you and I mean no disrespect to them, if they were some of the convicted. There are people out there for you, if you reach out to them. I'm one of them Young1.
YOUNG1_ASEK wrote:so dont be so quik to judge.
I use thought and effort when I post here. I may come across as prejudice, but I'm not. I'm just a brutally honest concerned stranger with some unusual experiences and thoughts that I share with some of you. I wouldn't waste your time...If I weren't telling you the hardcore truth about what's really going on out there.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » November 12th, 2004, 9:00 pm

Concerned stranger, yeah right, forgive me but I don't buy it.
You don't see what we see and you don't understand our ways.

In this world there is evil and hipocrites in all levels of society, and society fails to see the truth in our ways and the freedom we long from the daily rat race.

Every generation of youth rebells against society, and they're filled with new ideas and spunk.

Being there for one another and identifying with each other means the world to them, but society wants them to be adults too quickly, and wants them to submit to to the established standard of living.
DON'T DO THIS and DON'T DO THAT, YOU MUST DO THIS and YOU MUST DO THAT.

Never do we question how we have instilled in our youth that hunger for material things and how we have created a system that breaks down the family, but we are quick to put down their ARTISTIC VALUES because of the de-value that it creates to "our" properties.

Where is our sense of real values ?

Property or Offspring ?

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » November 14th, 2004, 10:10 am

lonewolf wrote:Concerned stranger, yeah right, forgive me but I don't buy it.
You don't have to. I'm just sharing another spin on life. People can take it or leave it. Everybody is responsible for their own actions in the end. You reach a point in life when you cannot point the finger at someone else for your demise. Your life is your responsibility.
lonewolf wrote:You don't see what we see and you don't understand our ways.
Do I need to see it or understand it? If your lifestyle is a path of self destruction...what is there to understand? The enevitable is...you'll become a vital statistic of some sort sooner or later.
lonewolf wrote:In this world there is evil and hipocrites in all levels of society, and society fails to see the truth in our ways and the freedom we long from the daily rat race.
The first step is being free from destructive, antisocial, and dysfunctional living. Unless you overcome that, you could remain a rat in a cage.
lonewolf wrote:Every generation of youth rebells against society, and they're filled with new ideas and spunk.
Sure.....I can buy that, but there is a line between productive rebellion with a goal, and getting left behind by your own hands.
lonewolf wrote:Being there for one another and identifying with each other means the world to them, but society wants them to be adults too quickly, and wants them to submit to to the established standard of living.
DON'T DO THIS and DON'T DO THAT, YOU MUST DO THIS and YOU MUST DO THAT.
Brotherhood bonds are good. They exist throughout all levels of society. I'm not sure if society wants them to be adults to quickly.....I think many want to be adults without taking responsibility for adult-like behavior. If one wants to be treated as a child or adolescent...then act age appropriate. If the juvenile is committing crimes against society...then society may not be so gentle.
lonewolf wrote:Never do we question how we have instilled in our youth that hunger for material things and how we have created a system that breaks down the family, but we are quick to put down their ARTISTIC VALUES because of the de-value that it creates to "our" properties.

That's all relative longwolf. Many families instill good judgement in their children that grow up to live prosperous and productive lives. Don't confuse ART with VANDELISM. I love art, but I hate vandelism. Art brings out joy and passion from common people...whereas renegade Graffitti brings out anger, and disgust from the common person. It is blatant DISREPECT, and nobody likes to be dis-respected.
lonewolf wrote:Where is our sense of real values ?

Property or Offspring ?
Real values travel all across the board. It's everything.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » November 14th, 2004, 10:48 am

Young1...all i can say is..if you really really love to write and you are willing to risk everything for it..then go ahead and keep on doing it. thats how i always felt about it. if you love it, then its worth it.

i love all types of graffiti..always have and always will..but im not out writting like i used to. and im doing this for myself and trying to move on because i dont want to end up as one of them guys getting convicted. im lucky i never got caught. i guess im trying to get past that .. i dont really have that "i dont give a fu k about anything" additude anymore. i still will never see graffiti as vandelism though.

YOUNG1_ASEK
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YOUNG1_ASEK » November 14th, 2004, 12:28 pm

yeah i feel all of u guys
i thank common for the advice atleast puttin it out there u know
i also thank lonewolf for seeing things from the other side the side from the streets
n ruthless hell yeah i got a love for graffiti i never got into bangin but im a writter at heart u know no matter how much i say i should stop i cant i think its just in us writters that we must do it. as stupid as it sounds to those outside of the graff scene for me its a way of life.

LATE
ASEK

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » November 14th, 2004, 12:43 pm

If you truly love your writings. Make it an Art so we can all enjoy it. Put it on canvas. Start a collection. You can buy them cheap at any store, especially Aaron Brothers. You never know what will become of your private collections one day.
Heck...you and your friends could even have a graffitti art show and accept donations from family and friends. The possibilities are endless when you use your gift/talent in a positive and constructive manner.

At least you know the city won't cover it up.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » November 14th, 2004, 4:12 pm

See that's the problem, ART is only ART if it sells and its accepted by society is what people like CM say all the time to us, but these type of people fail to see the love that we put in "OUR ART" which doesn't need to be recognized by the world - it only needs to be recognized by those that have the feel for it - it is a masterpiece the way a name or a letter is designed and created with all the different attitues that the artist input on the TAG or PLACASO.
You can find all sorts of graffiti which makes no sense to the untrained eye, but to the youth - that same graffiti tells a story - but it is not for the selling, that is the key to it - while the world revolves around $$$ - the streets revolve around "FEELS FOR LIFE" in a different aspect.

I was never a tagger, in fact in most of my days there was no such term, and with few exceptions I did not tag up walls outside the hangouts. But I do have a large graffiti styles alphabet to my credit which is still finely tuned, and I do have a small side job in the sign industry, I also have participated in a number of murals. But I do love the wall artwork, the only problem I have is with the undiciplined writter that doesn't have the attitude to put in real work on perfecting the skills and ends up posting up trash, but again if your eye is not in tune and your heart doesn't comprehend you can't tell the difference between trash and art.

YOUNG1_ASEK
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YOUNG1_ASEK » November 14th, 2004, 5:26 pm

NICELY SAID LONE WOLF
NIECLY SAID..!

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » November 14th, 2004, 6:29 pm

hELL i SURPISE MYSELF with FEELS from the hEART wHEN i'M hALF wAYS dOWN mi t3QuiLa LOL :mrgreen:

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » November 14th, 2004, 9:42 pm

lonewolf wrote:See that's the problem, ART is only ART if it sells and its accepted by society

Not necessarily so. Many artist never sell their work, and some of it isn't popular by society at large standards......but that doesn't mean it's not artand it doesn't mean that it would never sell in the future.
lonewolf wrote: but these type of people fail to see the love that we put in "OUR ART" which doesn't need to be recognized by the world - it only needs to be recognized by those that have the feel for it
Okay.
lonewolf wrote:I also have participated in a number of murals.
I think that's great. A wall mural help beautify's the community.