Rwanda gangs

Discuss Africa and the Down under region with its Pacific Islander influence.
Anonymous20

Rwanda gangs

Unread post by Anonymous20 » May 27th, 2004, 7:46 pm

Whats active in Rwanda?

Helms
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Rwanda gangs

Unread post by Helms » February 8th, 2005, 1:18 pm

Rwanda very well might go back to war with Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) soon. Hutu militias such as the Interahamwe who were driven out of the country following the genocide continue to mount cross border attacks on Tutsis from DRC. In responce the Rwandan military has been launching attacks on militia groups inside the DRC obviously pissing off the government. The circumstances are very similar to the ones leading up to the last war between the two which ended up involving several countries and killing an estimated 2 million people.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » February 8th, 2005, 2:17 pm

The movie Hotel Rwanda really cleared up a lot of what happened in Rwanda in my mind. Hutu majority vs. Tutsi minority that was put in power by Dutch colonizers. Not too different with what happened with the Shiite majority & the Sunni minority (Saddam was Sunni) in Iraq. Except theydidn't have oil in Rwanda so we let it happen.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » April 19th, 2005, 9:35 am

What happened in Rwanda was just like what happened in Nazi Germay - In Rwanda, Hutu Power wanted to exterminate ALL the Tutsi population, radio broadcasts calling for neighbour to slaughter neighbour, calling Tutsi people 'cockroaches'. The Hutu Power government and their thugs, the Interhamawe militias were the equivalent of the SS Death Squads - mass murderers.

This wasnt no gang thing though, this was a form of fascism and ethnic hatered engendered by French & Belgian colonists over a centuary. It was hell on earth. Up to a million people butchered intimately - masus, rocks, machetes....the blood beast drank the blood of a people....

RWanda still breaks my heart, over and over, since talking and meeting with Rwandan friends and hearing every detail of what they witnessed....imagine - crazed militia members raping mothers and sisters, then slitting them open and cooking their intestines, which were then force fed to the children of those mothers and sisters.....this is the darkest place od the human psyche. I aint got the answers, but hell have I got a question which I cant answer about humanity!

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 19th, 2005, 11:11 am

Rugged like Rwanada - dont wander far or get chopped up -company flow