Defunct L.A. Gangs

Many neighborhoods can not maintain themselves with the level of competition. They may get pulled into other neighborhoods or they just fade out. Only discuss those areas from LOS ANGELES that are gone.
Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Defunct L.A. Gangs

Unread post by Silencioso » August 8th, 2003, 10:17 pm

There have been countless gangs that have come and gone in LA gang history. I will be focusing on gangs that were unique or unusual in some way.

Buddha Crips - A Japanese gang in the Dorsey High area. They were the first Asian gang to affiliate as Crips. They died out in the mid to late 80's.

Marshall Homeboys - another Japanese gang in Northeast LA. They were named for Marshall High School. As far as I know there are no Japanese gangs in L.A. currently.

Los Angeles Death Squad (LADS) - a punker gang based in Hollywood. These guys were very violent and the cholos in Hollywood - Rebels 13, White Fence - didn't mess with them. They didn't favor the L.A. gang style like some punk gangs. They dressed in traditional punk rock attire - leather jackets, stomping boots etc.. In the early 90's they switched to a skinhead gang. There may still be an active LADS clique in the South Bay area.

Droogs - A small but very violent punker gang in Hollywood. They wore black derby hats as there trade mark attire.

The Bomb Squad/TBS - first graffitti crew in LA to blur the distinction between a crew and a gang, which later became a common phenomenon. Had problems with West Side Crazys and Sacred Reich. Based in West LA circa mid 80's.

Fight For Freedom (FFF, Tres Efes) - Punker gang in North Hollywood. Widely considered to be the hardest and biggest white gang in the 80's. They were the subject of a big article in the LA Times in the summer of 85. They were allies of LADS.

Sacred Reich - SR was one of countless white gangs that were active in the mid to late 80's. What made them unique is there membership was largely Jewish and there hood was in the Miracle Mile and Fair Fax areas. Areas that aren't just middle class but fairly affluent.

Stoners 13 - original stoner gang in L.A. Stoner gangs are the longest lasting "minor" gang type in L.A. and are big in both the white and Latino communities.

King Cobras - The one and only Puerto Rican gang in L.A. gang history as far as I know. Not to be confused with Varrio King Kobras in East Los. KC's were in East Hollywood and were down with 18th Street.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: Defunct L.A. Gangs

Unread post by bgcasper » August 8th, 2003, 11:35 pm

lol hollywood punk gang ? no man ,they ain't no gangs ,call them crew or squad or club or fraternity but no punks were gangsters so no punks were gang members .and yes those fake lil crews come and gone in LA history because they were no gang ,real gangs last cause they are terrytorial they are a community they are a hood ,all those hollywood punk wasn't living with their family in the area they hung ,real gang may go but the majority will stay and may get weaker for ten years then when the ogs come out of the pn they will put their hood back on the map ...its a cycle and its all about our comunity ,our lil bro ,its all about genarations ,uncles cousins nephews ...

and if you go in hollywood blvd right now all you will see is niggaz from hoover they everywere there ...

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » August 9th, 2003, 10:50 am

None of those gangs were "crews" except TBS. They all banged, in fact they were real classic bangers, they fought head on not through drive bys and other cowardly tactics.

Punker gangs are mostly a thing of the past. Most of the bigger ones like LADS and Suicidal either got into the white supremist skinhead thing or just became straight gangsters (like Suicidal Boyz).
These punker gangs were GANGS, not crews or posses or whatever. They were like black gangs of the 60's or some New York gangs. They fought head on not through drive bys, although a few drive bys accured. Cholos and Crips didn't mess with them. Suicidal was down with Venice Trece. LADS got along with PBG's. FFF got along with several Valley cholo gangs and had a beef with Blythe Street at one point. The leader of the Suicidal Tendencies band and founder of the whole Suicidal movement, Mike Muir, was from Venice 13.

As for stoner gangs, several hardcore gangs started out as stoners. Mid City Stoners of course but also Mara Salvatrucha.

Most of the gangs on my list died out because the ethnic makeup of their hoods changed. This is especially true of the Buda Crips, Marshall Homeboys and LADS. King Cobras were absorbed into 18th St.

REAL gangs don't always last. Ask Alonso about that. Mid City Gangsters, Hoover Family, Eliminators, Slausons, Businessmen, Gladiators, Blood Alley, Spook Hunters, Palo Verde, La Loma, Lil' Lords, Los Reyes de Venice, all real gangs that died out over time.

PEACE

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » August 10th, 2003, 4:04 am

most of chicanos varrios are still here ,ok a lots of those old hood younger generation became rips but the swans are still around bishops brims pirus slauson village you still have a gang of village crips but i don't know if they are related but anyway those punks were not gangstaz so they was no gang members...and most of the gangs that you wrote behind are still around in a way all the younger generation may not claim the same name but they the sons of the younger brothers of the gladiators or bussinessman anyway all those was block clubs not gangs period . ... most of real gangs last ...punks are dead .... there is no punk hood or punk gangster ....so there is no punk gang ...you have motorcycle clubs that are more voilent than some gangs but no punks ....

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » August 10th, 2003, 12:09 pm

Sorry but I ain't buying this idea that those old school gangs are still around cuz there's still gangs in their old hoods or because their sons or grandsons are still banging. By that logic you could argue that those old Irish gangs in that movie "Gangs of New York" are still around. No doubt many of their descendants are still involved in street gangs or organized crime.
Also, the idea that punks aren't "gangsters" so there's no punk gangs is pretty ridiculous. The Hell's Angels aren't gangsters either they're outlaw bikers, you saying HA's aren't a gang?
If you want to talk about fake gangs let's talk about some of those ridiculous crews-turned-gangs in your part of town. CV Born Kriminal Minded? That's real? LMAO! Taggers are mostly skinny little dorks. The idea of a tagging crew becoming a gang is pretty laughable. I'd definately put my money on the LADS aginst the CV BKM's or the OFA's!
Also, black LA gangs have gay names. I'm not talking sh*t, I'm just making an observation - Swans? (is there a gang called the Hummingbirds,too) Crips? (some made up word nobody knows the meaning of anymoreLOL) Brims? (is that like the brim of a hat?) Fruit Town? (no need to comment on that one).
Only LA black gangs with cool names are Bloodstone Villains, Bounty Hunters and Outlaws. Bishops is OK, too. It's old school, like a 50's gang. That's solid.

PEACE

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 10th, 2003, 12:56 pm

you wrote :
Also, the idea that punks aren't "gangsters" so there's no punk gangs is pretty ridiculous.

you call my idear pretty ridiculous lololol
well cv bkm against lads well my lil boy you should know that cv bkm are part of ATF then ill put my money on ATF cause they gonna rape your lil punky boys believe me acacia town farm are in war with nutty block and nutty blocc is far from being ridiculous my lil punky boay and if you wanna try well you know the location lolololol

all gangs you listed ,Eliminators, Slausons, Businessmen, Gladiators, Blood Alley, Spook Hunters,ARE BLOCK CLUBS THEY AIN'T NO GANG ....

HOOVER FAMILY BLOODS WELL MY LIL PUNKY THE FAMILY BLOODS ARE STILL ACTIVE MAYBE NOT IN HOOVER ,

LOL JUDGING GANGS BY THEIR NAMES IS RIDICULOUS ,WELL YOU CAN DIS THE SWAN OF FRUIT TOWN BUT BOTH OF THOSE SETS WILL EAT YOUR LIL PUNKY BOYZ LIKE SUSHI ,THEY REAL KILLERS THOSE GUY KILL ROB BANKS AND KIDNAP DRUG LORDS ,AND I BET YOU DON'T WANT THE FUNK WITH NONE OF US ,SO KEEP YOUR WHITE ASS IN HOLLYWOOD AND DON'T TALK ABOUT SHIIIT YOU HAVE NO IDEAR OF LIL PUNKY BOAY
.MOST OF YOUR PUNKY BOAYS ARE RICH KID WITH IDENTITY PROBLEM THAT PLAY THE REBELS ROLE JUST FOR FEW YEARS DON'T YOU EVER COMPARE THEM BUSTAS WITH OUR MINORITY GANGS STUGLIN TO SURVIVE IN THE GUETTO ...

LOL AND THAT COMMENT WAS ALSO RIDICULOUS :
Crips? (some made up word nobody knows the meaning of anymoreLOL)
LOLOLOL YOU DON'T KNOW THE MEANING LIL PUNKY BOY CAUSE YOU ARE FROM THE OTHER SIDE AND YOU BETTER STAY THERE LIL PUNKY BOY ...BEHIND YOUR COMPUTER IN HOLLYWOOD ITS SAFER ...SPEAK HALF OF THE SHIIIT YOU'V JUST TAPED ON YOUR KEYBOARD AND PIECES OF YOUR BRAIN MIGHT SLIDE ALL OVER THE PAVEMENT ,YOU DIS HOODS YOU HAVE NO IDEAR OF AND I BET YOU WOULDN'T TALK SHIIT IN FRONT OF A REAL GANG MEMBER FROM THE BRIMS SWANS OR FRUIT TOWN ...LIL BUSTER TELLING US WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIST FIGHT AND WE DRIVE BY LIKE COWARDS LOLOLOL IGNORENT BUSTER YOU SHOULD STOP WATCHING BOYS IN THE HOOD ,WE FIST FIGHT DAYLI IN THE HOOD ITS A COMMON PRACTISE BUT WE KEEP FIST FIGHT FOR INSIDE PROBLEMS ,WE FIST FIGHT WITH OUR ALLIES OUR COUSINS PEOPLE WE LOVE .

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » August 10th, 2003, 3:34 pm

I ain't a little punky kid I'm a grown man, I live in West Los not in Hollywood. I was from a gang called West Side Locos and later West LA Boys back in the 80's. I was just giving LADS and Suicidals there fair credit.
I've been around gangs since the late 70's. I went to junior high with Crips and Brims back when Crips were sporting canes and black gloves and Brims wore "brim" hats. The WestSide of LA has a lot of different types of gangs not just Crips, Bloods and Surenos. The punx had their place. They weren't the hardest but they weren't the weakest either.
As far as my comment on gang names. I wasn't saying those gangs were fake cuz they had gay and/or stupid names I was just making an observation. I know a bad ass gang can have a stupid or weak name. There's a gang in Chicago caklled the Gaylords and there crazy as f**k.

PEACE

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 10th, 2003, 7:35 pm

peace but if you from west L.A you should know that your area is far from being the hardest of the city ... and its may be the reason why punks can get props there ...but you see no punks puttin' work in compton or watts ...

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » August 11th, 2003, 10:59 am

Silencioso,
West ups. Your from West Side Locos? I knew a white boy from your hood named David back in the late 80's, he went to Fairfax with me. I'm familiar with Poserz too, they used to have that mod/ska look with the tapered dickies pants and zodiac shoes, but they sported a lot of red. The Kings of Drag ended their time at Fairfax real quick. Honestly though bro, those types of crews were kinda like minor league gangs. They didn't want to funk with established sets/hoods so they made up their own. It allowed them to coexist and walk amongst the real gangsters handling business. Those clicks died with a quickness, especially after all that dancing fad passed. My observation of Westside Area gangs, and I'm talking like West of Robertson blvd (Beverly Hills LOL)...it's different from the LOS. I banged in the Rampart Area, the Mid City Area, East Hollywood area, and in comparison to the real westside areas, westsiders had it easy. Not to say they didn't put in work, but there just weren't that many varrios in the West. PBGC is a good 5-10 miles from VSLC Oakwood. Sotel13, SM17st, V13, CxC13 are all a good 5 or so miles from each other. Out here in the LOS, our enemies are across the street, or 2-4 blocks down the street. I'm not saying Westside ain't as hard as others, everybody did their dirt back in the day, I'm saying it wasn't as hectic. Here in the LOS, we could jump on a bike and do a ride-by real quick. Out West, cats have to fill up the tank on the G-ride to go do dirt. It's just a bigger area you guys have. I remember the punk gangs like SXR, LADS...but they kept to themselves, them SR's used to tag like crazy, more so than CBS it seemed...LOL. I know they weren't trying to claim all that white power funk amongst all us, they kept it quiet. Isn't FFF mostly an OC thang? I had a pinoy homie who was into that Punk scene, he knew all those cats you were talking about. It was just music man. The first time I went to a punk scene, fools looked like gangbangers. I got all amped up. Cats were fighting each other, I couldn't figure out what set was who. Then when the song finished, they all shook hands, gave each other high fives, after they socked each other up, gave each other bloody noses...LOL.

Good looking on the info you posted though. I always wondered what ever happened to those dance crews back in the day. Also, WSLOCOS tried to come up around HELMS ST against WS18stTLS, that wasn't too successful, but I remember them from there. Are you familiar with the UNI high WSL's? I remember hitting up your homeboy because I thought he was trying to claim WS CRAZYS (which was a no no in my book at the time), but he told me it was a different. Were the WSLOCOS in the UNI area, I remember him telling me that they had that area as their hood? How'd you know about Buddha Crips, that was some back in the day hood. Did you know any Scandals or SKATE & DESTROY (SXD12)? THey changed their name from Skate to Scandals when they tried to get like PRZ, KOD and them. How about GumbysX12? Holla back...

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » August 11th, 2003, 11:49 am

LOL Goddamn! That info you posted really takes me back bro.

Yeah, I remember the West Side Locos in the UNI area. My homeboys and I affiliated with them as West Side Loquitos. Later we started our own hood called West LA Boys.
Yeah, SR were big time graffiti writers! They made their little middle class hood look a varrio with all their writing. When SR first started up they hit up EVERYWHERE to get their name out. Me and a couple of me homeboys went out one night and crossed out every piece of SR graffitti we could find. After that they added WLA Killa to their enemy list.LOL They were weak though, even among the minor league gang crowd.
I vaguely remember Gumbys. There were a lot of little gangs back then like Drunx, W/S Creepers, W/S Punx, Hooterz, Cycotic Youth - it's hard to remember them all.
That term you used "minor league gangs" is right on. Those groups weren't party crews or clubs they were just lighter weight street gangs. They used gang style graffitti and usually dreesed more or less gangster except some of the punk gangs. I always thought of those gangs as a throwback to the more innocent days of gangbanging like the 40's, 50's,early 60's. When gangs fought head on and just partied alot. The hardest of those minor leaguers in my opinion were Suicidal, LADS, FFF and Pozers.
Claiming W/S Crazys was a no-no around my neighborhood, too. We hated those motherf***s with a passion. The founding WSC's were mostly rejects from other gangs and I think they had a big grudge about that. They made alot of enemies through the years.
About West LA area gangs being spread out. That's true but there's some notable exceptions. The Venice area has three hardcore gangs in close proximity - VSLC, V13 and CXC
- plus any number of minor league gangs and crews. SM 17th and GYC share the same hood. But, generally I agree with that observation. We had it easy. Unless you were hanging out in Stoner Park at night or in certain parts of Venice you were pretty safe.

PEACE
PEACE

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » August 12th, 2003, 11:34 am

pico
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by pico » August 18th, 2003, 12:57 pm

:roll: Reportedly NH Rolling Twenties Bloods developed out of Blood Alley.

wizard wond
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by wizard wond » September 10th, 2003, 7:30 am

I from Watts, but I went to Fairfax from '79 to '82 and I used to hang with some of the Washington Boys (WBS) I remember a cool ese called Chuco, he had two older Brothers that where twins and pretty buff. They were cool, but a real small set, these cats lived near Vermont and Melrose I think, at that time it was WS 18th Street hood. Anybody know what happened to them? Also Dusty Loco what about the Tabus (TBS) there were another pinoy set during that time, beefing with 18th Street around the same time.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » September 10th, 2003, 9:16 am

WizardW,
Yup, your really from the old school now. Nobody really knows about the TABUS unless you were from that time. I still don't know what the initials meant, I've been asking STS veteranos about it they don't seem to know or remember.

CB4

Unread post by CB4 » October 31st, 2003, 1:25 pm

Why do these gangs finish ? In the Los, how many members would a gang need to be at least respect ? How would you recognize a gang member?
For example, if you see a black man in a part of la wearing a blue jacket, how do you know hes a crip? It can also exist a gang that hangs in an area, but they are a gang, and that place is not their neighbourhood, i see it like this.

Cereal_II
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Cereal_II » November 25th, 2003, 9:14 am

Frum what i c iz that in LA if a gang loose the territory then theyb no mo gang instead of keepin it or movin to anotha place in New York could b the gangz less territorial and mo bout the members.

Impala
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Impala » January 19th, 2004, 11:05 pm

Years ago I knew Apache from Stoners 13. He's been locked up maybe 15 yrs. now. He was an original Stoner 13 from the long hair metal days. He and his varrio changed with the times (alot like KAM 13).

S13 still exist and are deep. They hold down the hood from the Gerhart/Ferguson corner (the area where those trains derailed) to Garfield, north to Whittier. (Some places other side of Whittier too.)

Lotta shooting there cuz King Kobras also deep on those blocks and claim same area. It's like block to block pleito 4 these varrios.

Also back in the punk days, I went to a gig in Hollywood. Turned into a brawl that spilled into the streets between FFF and Suicidals. Maybe not considered traditional gangs cuz of style difference; but that night they were no different. Crazy MF's!

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » January 20th, 2004, 4:14 pm

Impala wrote:Years ago I knew Apache from Stoners 13. He's been locked up maybe 15 yrs. now. He was an original Stoner 13 from the long hair metal days. He and his varrio changed with the times (alot like KAM 13).

S13 still exist and are deep. They hold down the hood from the Gerhart/Ferguson corner (the area where those trains derailed) to Garfield, north to Whittier. (Some places other side of Whittier too.)

Lotta shooting there because King Kobras also deep on those blocks and claim same area. It's like block to block pleito 4 these varrios.

Also back in the punk days, I went to a gig in Hollywood. Turned into a brawl that spilled into the streets between FFF and Suicidals. Maybe not considered traditional gangs because of style difference; but that night they were no different. Crazy MF's!
They also got the spot on Atlantic and 6th on Amalia and those little streets. Since your an Old School Boyle heights head you remeber Chava from Stoners13LS and his carnal JimmyJoker de VNE? Theyre firme gente

Impala
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Impala » January 21st, 2004, 1:00 am

Nah bro, I don't. Only reason I knew Apache was he lived across the street from the girlfriend I had at that time. Down behind Steven's Steakhouse on Wilma. My exes bro and Apache were good friends. That little neighborhood had a few from S13 back then.

The only Chava I knew was from Arizona MV back in 76,77,78. His name was Sal. A big fat dude but super cool.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » July 19th, 2005, 6:26 pm

BIG DUSTY LOCO wrote:WizardW,
Yup, your really from the old school now. Nobody really knows about the TABUS unless you were from that time. I still don't know what the initials meant, I've been asking STS veteranos about it they don't seem to know or remember.
SATANAS & "TABOOS" & TEMPLE ST were the 3 olden PINOY Varrios on the West Side.

Anybody knows anything about an olden died out Varrio "EL SILENCIO" from Sun Valley?

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » July 20th, 2005, 2:18 pm

fairfax gangsta crip
burnside avenue crip
hillside visous crip

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » July 22nd, 2005, 9:36 pm

PAT CRIPS &
SHOTOKAN BLOODS

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » October 29th, 2005, 11:34 am

Hey i would just like to say that silencioso is waaay outta line with those comments he made on BKM, saying their ridiculous and what not...first of all DoNT COMPARE punk gangs from the fuckin 50s and 60s to modern day gangs actually holding down a block and especially not one in compton.so what if BKM was a graffiti crew before? what were those punks before?? shop lifters?? give me a break i have respect for those old punk gangs but keep them in their own era cuz they wouldnt last one month tryin to hold a fuk'n street in compton. And he loves to bring up that shit about fighting one on one...fuk that, fighting is way more easier then actually pulling out a strap and letting it blast. someone is gonna come gunning for u one day. Guns are final. So fuk silencioso and fuk what he said. CVBKM has dead homies. Those punk gangs aren't around anymore and they didnt even ever get bucked on ......whats that say??

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » October 29th, 2005, 1:22 pm

Punk gangs were from the 80's and early 90's. A few are still around like ST, La Mirada Punx.

I was reacting to Casper's comment about punk gangs were not real gangs, more like clubs, crews, fraternities (his words). I pointed out that a punk rock gang is no stupider than a tagger/hip hop gang.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » October 30th, 2005, 2:38 am

yeah i see what u saying...i didnt take it personally cuz u probably just threw that name up there. i just didnt agree with u defaming BKM...its all good.
Have u ever heard of REBELS13 in compton, cuz there was one in the early 90's...around the flats hood...maybe the flats absorbed them....maybe they were transplants from LA cuz i dont remember seeing them hit up a CV. i knew a cat from that hood his name was Mike from the BAGOS click
Also, their used to be a COMPTONE13 C13, i knew a dude named MOSCO i was wondering if anyone knows what happened to them, their from the 80s i think....they used to be around CEDAR BLOCK PIRU hood around the Flats too....

Al_Capone_aka_pNuT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: N. Long Beach

Unread post by Al_Capone_aka_pNuT » December 17th, 2005, 11:14 am

streetsIswatchin wrote:yeah i see what u saying...i didnt take it personally because u probably just threw that name up there. i just didnt agree with u defaming BKM...its all good.
Have u ever heard of REBELS13 in compton, because there was one in the early 90's...around the flats hood...maybe the flats absorbed them....maybe they were transplants from LA because i dont remember seeing them hit up a CV. i knew a cat from that hood his name was Mike from the BAGOS click
Also, their used to be a COMPTONE13 C13, i knew a dude named MOSCO i was wondering if anyone knows what happened to them, their from the 80s i think....they used to be around CEDAR BLOCK PIRU hood around the Flats too....
Mosco was from CVTF and if you been in Compton most ya life (or if ya old enuff to know) Mosco tags were all over the place in the mid 80's. I assume he got locked up or moved becuz there was no memorial on the walls regarding him nor any word about him getting smoked. there was also a Locos 13 who at first were CVMexicanMafia 9serious a fucc, these tags were always on Rosecrans around Mathisen/Aranbe/Paulsen St. in 85-86, then Loco 13 sprung up from that. but i do remember the Rebels 13 and Comptone 13 (i lived just houses away from Manny's Bike shop on rosecrans & rose ave)

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LOL

Unread post by Young Nile » December 17th, 2005, 12:00 pm

[quote="Silencioso"]Punk gangs were from the 80's and early 90's. A few are still around like ST, La Mirada Punx.

I was reacting to Casper's comment about punk gangs were not real gangs, more like clubs, crews, fraternities (his words). I pointed out that a punk rock gang is no stupider than a tagger/hip hop gang.[/quote]

I disagree. I think the tagger/HippHopp gangs of the 80's era where much harder than Punk gangs. They had a lot of RIP homies from both tagger and crew sets. I know a handfull of dudes from that era that were killed by rivals. As well the taggers and Crew gangs were in South Central, Compton, Watts, West LA, East LA, Carson. They were in the "Trenches" where the real sh** was going down. So I dont think thats a fair comparison. Alot of those tagger and Crew gangs went on to become ligit gangs or atleast play on the same field as the ligit gangs.....I could name a handfull but I think you and I know what sets are what....

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » March 6th, 2006, 4:38 am

CVBKM was going at it with CVTF....thats all i gotta say on this shit about tagger gangs are weak....plus KAK a tagging crew puts in work for the CVTF's and alot are from both gang and crew. So CVTF should be pretty weak then if they recruit from a graffiti crew right? LOL And what about KAM13 didnt they take over a big part of EAST LA?? Rockwood st locos are almost all ex taggers. San Fer13 dont they got mad taggers in their hood??

Al_Capone_aka_pNuT Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:14 am Post subj

Mosco was from CVTF and if you been in Compton most ya life (or if ya old enuff to know) Mosco tags were all over the place in the mid 80's. I assume he got locked up or moved becuz there was no memorial on the walls regarding him nor any word about him getting smoked. there was also a Locos 13 who at first were CVMexicanMafia 9serious a mess, these tags were always on Rosecrans around Mathisen/Aranbe/Paulsen St. in 85-86, then Loco 13 sprung up from that. but i do remember the Rebels 13 and Comptone 13 (i lived just houses away from Manny's Bike shop on rosecrans & rose ave)

^^since i asked about that CPTE13 and about mosco....u right PNUT, i was talking to some homies about Comptone13 and they were telling me that alot of them turned CVTF's so u never know mosco could have started out as a C13. i dont think im old enough to remember CVmexican mafia but i do know that around that CVTF hood there other upstart CV's back in those days....some Locos13 from LA moved into compton there and they probably recruited them CVmexicanmafia's.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » March 6th, 2006, 1:47 pm

Nile,

I agree that certain tagger/crew gangs like DOMG and OFA went to a higher level than the punk gangs like LADS and FFF. I was reacting mostly to Casper's blanket generalization about punk gangs as being fake. I recall LADS, FFF and Suicidal as being pretty violent in their day. Their violence was almost entirely within the punk rock scene and against other punk gangs and factions. A black guy from Compton wouldn't know anything about it.

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LOL

Unread post by Young Nile » March 6th, 2006, 5:44 pm

I here you homie I really dont know about any of the Punk gangs around LA. Only one I know of is Venice Suicidal Tendacies.....

I remeber a few tagging crews that were almost completely White crews. Like RCA=Rock City Artist....

Mdog
What city do you live in now?: Los angeles

Unread post by Mdog » March 9th, 2013, 12:03 pm

Krazy Down Players (KDP) in SC L.A is now extinct. KDP used to claim 54 and 57 but PBS is their now.

Favela
What city do you live in now?: Volta Redonda

Unread post by Favela » June 29th, 2014, 1:17 pm

Could anybody tell me if Barrio 36th street from South Central LA is still active?