happy with who you are?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
blakman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: happy with who you are?

Unread post by blakman » May 9th, 2005, 9:13 am

TO THE PERSON WHO SAID THAT HIPHOP IS NO LONGER BLACK BUT URBAN MUSIC IS KEEDING HIMSELF!! WHAT YOU HAVE GOT TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT IT IS JUST ANOTHER WAY THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA PUTS IT SO THAT IS WOULD MAKE WHITES AND NON-BLACK PEOPLE FEEL CONFORTABLE WITH ACCEPTING THE ART FORM!! IF YOU REMEMBER WHEN HIPHOP FIRST STARTED WHITE PEOPLE AND SOME LATINO MAINLY MEXICANS USED TO CALL IT 'THAT JUNGLE MUSIC OR THAT NIGGER MUSIC'. NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN IT'S NO LONGER BLACK OR "THAT NIGGER MUSIC" BUT IT'S NOW EVERYBODY MUSIC!!! GIVE ME A FUC_ING BRAKE MAN!!! BLACK FOLKS NEED TO REMEMBER THAT THEY DID THE SAME THING WITH JAZZ, THE BLUES AND ROCK AND ROLL!!!! THEY ALL STARTED OUT AS THAT "NIGGER MUSIC" NOW IT'S EVERYBODY MUSIC TO THE POINT WHERE SOME FOLKS BELIEVE THAT WHITE PEOPLE INVENTED SOME OF THE MUSIC THAT THEY ENJOY SO MUCH!!! NO MATTER WHAT ADJECTIF YOU WOULD WANT TO PUT INFRONT OF THE MUSIC, LIKE URBAN OR MULTICULTURAL MUSIC, IT'S STILL BLACK, IT'S STILL BLACK MUSIC, IT'S STILL BLACK MUSIC!!! DON'T GET IT TWISTED!!!!!!

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » May 9th, 2005, 10:19 am

blakman wrote:TO THE PERSON WHO SAID THAT HIPHOP IS NO LONGER BLACK BUT URBAN MUSIC IS KEEDING HIMSELF!! WHAT YOU HAVE GOT TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT IT IS JUST ANOTHER WAY THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA PUTS IT SO THAT IS WOULD MAKE WHITES AND NON-BLACK PEOPLE FEEL CONFORTABLE WITH ACCEPTING THE ART FORM!! IF YOU REMEMBER WHEN HIPHOP FIRST STARTED WHITE PEOPLE AND SOME LATINO MAINLY MEXICANS USED TO CALL IT 'THAT JUNGLE MUSIC OR THAT NIGGER MUSIC'. NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN IT'S NO LONGER BLACK OR "THAT NIGGER MUSIC" BUT IT'S NOW EVERYBODY MUSIC!!! GIVE ME A FUC_ING BRAKE MAN!!! BLACK FOLKS NEED TO REMEMBER THAT THEY DID THE SAME THING WITH JAZZ, THE BLUES AND ROCK AND ROLL!!!! THEY ALL STARTED OUT AS THAT "NIGGER MUSIC" NOW IT'S EVERYBODY MUSIC TO THE POINT WHERE SOME FOLKS BELIEVE THAT WHITE PEOPLE INVENTED SOME OF THE MUSIC THAT THEY ENJOY SO MUCH!!! NO MATTER WHAT ADJECTIF YOU WOULD WANT TO PUT INFRONT OF THE MUSIC, LIKE URBAN OR MULTICULTURAL MUSIC, IT'S STILL BLACK, IT'S STILL BLACK MUSIC, IT'S STILL BLACK MUSIC!!! DON'T GET IT TWISTED!!!!!!
omg.. no need to cry...chill..

YES hiphop was founded by black people...and its black and thats the way it should stay .. but initself its multicural.. just look at what their sampling.. in the beginning it was just black music such as james brown etc.. now its Frank Sinatra and all kinds of music..know what im saying? in ground and bottom its black..
But everything aint like it always been.. When white/non-black people call hiphop Jungle music or whatever - we're racists..or when white people wouldnt show it on MTV they got called racists.. i wont argue with that.. but suddenty when we're into Hiphop and now when hiphop is played at MTV- suddently we aint got no part in the music. and if u wanna speek on Mainstream rap.. 98 % of the mainstream rappers on MTV are black.. nothing wrong with that.. but thats what happens when people wanna make money..people, nomatter their race, will sell their soul for money.
PLUS - most of the white cats (except for them rich kids who only know about 50 cent) involved in hiphop aint from some white suburb..but from from the ghetto, living among blacks.. just look at the underground scene of Hiphop.. alot of them cats (well not THAT many, but a few) are white.

JUST LIKE STREETBALL. bobbito garcia said.. we must never forget that streetball has always been the retreat for ballplayers of the rejected, immigrants and lower class population of (New York).
Thats kinda like how i see hiphop.. i see it more as a music for the disenfranchised and rejected population.. THE GHETTOES AINT JUST BLACK NO MORE.. ITS LATINO, BLACK.. and a small part lower class whites.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » May 9th, 2005, 10:27 am

AND I DOUBT THAT THE SAME THING THAT HAPPENED TO ROCK N ROLL WILL HAPPEN TO HIPHOP...

THE MAINSTREAM HIPHOP IS JUST A SMALL PERCENT.. JUST LOOK AT THE UNDERGROUND/INDEPENDENT SCENE.. YOU GOT A L O T OF CATS KEEPING IT REAL THERE.. the only thing white and upper class people will buy is HIP-P O P by 50 Cent etc.... underground - thats REAL hiphop. just listen to KRS-ONE..

damn, i just wrote a book

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » May 9th, 2005, 10:42 am

TheWatcher wrote:Hiphop is not black music anymore, but URBAN MUSIC..

+ Whites started all this streetgangs stuff (irish, right?) and mafia ish (Italian, "mainstream mafia") which i see alotta people of other races want to strive for.

SO WHAT IRISH WERE THE SO CALLED FIRST GANGS OR WHATEVER WHY AREN'T THEY STILL AROUND? AFRICAN AMERICANS OR ANY OTHER RACIAL OR ETHNIC GANG FOR the MATTER DON'T BASED stuff ON THEM!

DRIVE BYS- A FASTER WAY TO GET AWAY SEEMS BETTER THAN TRYING TO DO A WALK-UP AND YOUR CHNACES ARE SLIM OF MAKING IT OUT THE HOOD!

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » May 9th, 2005, 10:54 am

TheWatcher wrote:
se11 wrote: whos to say what is white style and black style?

wear what ever you dig. if a white person is most comfortable in sean john or fubu or whatever, wear it. if a black person is most comfortable in armani, abocrami and finch, and whatever else, wear it. i see alot of extreme opposites and stuff and instead of stereotyping styles and people, wear what you feel and dont let other people pick you out.
true..
then yall might aswell call 2pac etc wannabe white since he wears Armani Suits in some pics.
u cant act a skincolor..
u'd be suprised to see how many black people around the world, who aint into hiphop more than any other person.. or how many black people who aint wearing "black" brands..

Matter of fact.. alot of people in Africa would say AFRO-AMERICANS ACT WHITE..
THERE YOU GO TALKING OUTTA YA ASS AGAIN OF COURSE EVERY ONE THATS BLACK IS NOT INTO HIP HOP, BUT THERES PLENTY OTHER BLACK MUSIC THAT AFRICAN AMERICANS ARE NOT INTO EITHER SUCH AS JUNKANOO, CALYPSO, DANCEHALL REGGAE, SKA AND CONTEMPORARY AFRICAN MUSIC THATS SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE MERENGUE AND SALSA.

HIP HOP IS GLOBAL BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN JUST CAUSE SOMEONE IS BLACK MEAN THEY HAVE TO LIKE IT!

WEARING SOME CLOTHES THAT WERE MADE BY A WHITE PERSON DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING THEY ARE CLOTHES, THERE ARE STYLE THAT BLACK PEOPLE WEAR LIKE FOR INSTANCE THE NAUTICA SPRING JACKETS CATS A WEAR THEM WITH A FITTED HAT SOME AIR ONES ETC PEOPLE WEAR THEY CLOTHES DIFFERENTLY

AS FAR AS ACTING BLACK TALKING BLACK WE CREATED WHAT THEY CALL EBONICS= BLACK ENGLISH SOME OF THESES WORDS COME FROM THE AFRICAN AMERICAN GULLAH DIALECT.

HAIRSTYLES- MEMBER THOSE HIGH AND LOW TOP FADES NOW THESE DAYS MEXICANS BE SPORTING THEM.
STYLES OF DRESS
AIR FORCE ONES- WAS A PREDOMINATELY AFRICAN AMERICAN WORN SHOE ESP IN MY CITY
RYTHM AND BLUES
BLUES

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » May 9th, 2005, 11:03 am

can stay with waltz and polka,couldn`t they?
not to mention leave out Ragtime

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » May 9th, 2005, 11:06 am

TheWatcher wrote:omg.. no need to cry...chill..

YES hiphop was founded by black people...and its black and thats the way it should stay .. but initself its multicural.. just look at what their sampling.. in the beginning it was just black music such as james brown etc.. now its Frank Sinatra and all kinds of music..know what im saying? in ground and bottom its black..
But everything aint like it always been.. When white/non-black people call hiphop Jungle music or whatever - we're racists..or when white people wouldnt show it on MTV they got called racists.. i wont argue with that

PLUS - most of the white cats (except for them rich kids who only know about 50 cent) involved in hiphop aint from some white suburb..but from from the ghetto, living among blacks.. just look at the underground scene of Hiphop.. alot of them cats (well not THAT many, but a few) are white.

>>>>IN WHAT CITIES? IN MY CITY WHITES DON'T LIVE AMONGST BLACKS IN THE INNER CITY GHETTOS THERE MAY BE A LITTLE DABBLE BUT NOT AS A FAMILY! EVEN SO DO THAT GIVE THEM A GREEN LIGHT ESP SAYING TH N-WORD? WHAT IF BLACKS LIVE IN A KKKLAN NEIGHBORHOOD WOULD THE KLAN GIVE THEM A GREEN LIGHT TO BE LIKE THEM?

TheWatcher wrote: JUST LIKE STREETBALL. bobbito garcia said.. we must never forget that streetball has always been the retreat for ballplayers of the rejected, immigrants and lower class population of (New York).
>>>>WHAT? I DON'T AGREE WITH THAT ONE BIT WHEN SPEAKING ON IMMIGRANTS YOUR SPEAKING ON A stuff LOAD ON COUNTRIES INCLUDING EUROPE I JUST THINK HE TRYING TO INCLUDE CERTAIN PPL AMONG BLACK AMERICANS AND THE STREET BALL SCENE.
THEY DO THIS WITH HIP HOP TOO! SAY FOR THE OPPRESSED PPL INCLUDING NON BLACK AMERICANS AND WHAT NOT THATS GARBAGE!

>>>THIS IS OFF TOPIC BUT FAT JOE I NEVER HEARD HIM SAY HE WAS PUERTO RICAN BACK THEN DID ANY1 HEAR REP THAT?

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » May 9th, 2005, 11:07 am

100 wrote: THERE YOU GO TALKING OUTTA YA ASS AGAIN OF COURSE EVERY ONE THATS BLACK IS NOT INTO HIP HOP, BUT THERES PLENTY OTHER BLACK MUSIC THAT AFRICAN AMERICANS ARE NOT INTO EITHER SUCH AS JUNKANOO, CALYPSO, DANCEHALL REGGAE, SKA AND CONTEMPORARY AFRICAN MUSIC THATS SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE MERENGUE AND SALSA.

HIP HOP IS GLOBAL BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN JUST CAUSE SOMEONE IS BLACK MEAN THEY HAVE TO LIKE IT!

WEARING SOME CLOTHES THAT WERE MADE BY A WHITE PERSON DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING THEY ARE CLOTHES, THERE ARE STYLE THAT BLACK PEOPLE WEAR LIKE FOR INSTANCE THE NAUTICA SPRING JACKETS CATS A WEAR THEM WITH A FITTED HAT SOME AIR ONES ETC PEOPLE WEAR THEY CLOTHES DIFFERENTLY

AS FAR AS ACTING BLACK TALKING BLACK WE CREATED WHAT THEY CALL EBONICS= BLACK ENGLISH SOME OF THESES WORDS COME FROM THE AFRICAN AMERICAN GULLAH DIALECT.

HAIRSTYLES- MEMBER THOSE HIGH AND LOW TOP FADES NOW THESE DAYS MEXICANS BE SPORTING THEM.
STYLES OF DRESS
AIR FORCE ONES- WAS A PREDOMINATELY AFRICAN AMERICAN WORN SHOE ESP IN MY CITY
RYTHM AND BLUES
BLUES
ofcourse

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » May 9th, 2005, 11:09 am

Mraka wrote:can stay with waltz and polka,couldn`t they?

POLKA WAS BROUGHT OVER BY POLES OR ITALIANS?

ANYONE LISTEN TO SOME MEXICAN MUSIC THEY USE POLKA STYLES THEN YOU HAVE THAT RANCHERO stuff KNOW AS MEXICAN COWBOY MUSIC! I WAS AT WORK THERE WERE SOME MUSIC FROM THE 50-60'S THAT SOUNDED LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR MEXICANS PLAY TODAY BUT THEY ARE WHITE-AMERICAN

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » May 9th, 2005, 11:09 am

100 wrote:
>>>THIS IS OFF TOPIC BUT FAT JOE I NEVER HEARD HIM SAY HE WAS PUERTO RICAN BACK THEN DID ANY1 HEAR REP THAT?
COULD YOU PLEASE TURN OFF CAPS LOCK? thank you..
what you mean? fat joe was ashamed of being puerto rican or something.. when hiphop started i've read that alot of Puerto Ricans were into hiphop? true?

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » May 9th, 2005, 11:13 am

>>>Dude can you read? where do you see the word ashamed? I said i never heard him or seen him represent PUERTO RICANS in his videos like he do now or and when big pun was coming up!

>>>Were puerto ricans into hip hop i can't really say more likely the youth but many say they were still listening to there own music!
and some called hip hop jungle music too just like the italians did in the bronx they were probably spanish-puerto ricans of primarily spanish origins

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » May 9th, 2005, 11:15 am

100 wrote:
>>>>IN WHAT CITIES? IN MY CITY WHITES DON'T LIVE AMONGST BLACKS IN THE INNER CITY GHETTOS THERE MAY BE A LITTLE DABBLE BUT NOT AS A FAMILY! EVEN SO DO THAT GIVE THEM A GREEN LIGHT ESP SAYING TH N-WORD? WHAT IF BLACKS LIVE IN A KKKLAN NEIGHBORHOOD WOULD THE KLAN GIVE THEM A GREEN LIGHT TO BE LIKE THEM?
yes.. name some of the people people whos into hiphop..

Eminem - Detroit - 80 % Black
Necro & Ill Bill - Glenwood Projects - Brooklyn, New York

im sure that if Eminem grew up in Suburbia full of white people he
wouldnt be into hiphop as he is now.. feel me?

and the n-word? ive never said anything about that?
Last edited by Anonymous20 on May 9th, 2005, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » May 9th, 2005, 11:19 am

100 wrote: >>>Dude can you read? where do you see the word ashamed? I said i never heard him or seen him represent PUERTO RICANS in his videos like he do now or and when big pun was coming up!

>>>Were puerto ricans into hip hop i can't really say more likely the youth but many say they were still listening to there own music!
and some called hip hop jungle music too just like the italians did in the bronx they were probably spanish-puerto ricans of primarily spanish origins
ok ok .. no need to get angry or somethin.

you said "ive never seen him representing Puerto Ricans when he was coming up" .. i thought : maybe 'cause he was ashamed of being a puerto rican in hiphop (which at the time when he was coming up was almost 100 % black)

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » May 9th, 2005, 12:06 pm

^^That's still not an excuse, if you did not rep it then why rep it now? i used to think he was a white dude. he is white though but ethnically puerto rican

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » May 9th, 2005, 12:15 pm

Yeah i feel you.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » May 9th, 2005, 12:25 pm

Im not happpy with what I was, But I am happy with whom I become.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » May 9th, 2005, 12:27 pm

100 wrote:
Mraka wrote:can stay with waltz and polka,couldn`t they?

POLKA WAS BROUGHT OVER BY POLES OR ITALIANS?

ANYONE LISTEN TO SOME MEXICAN MUSIC THEY USE POLKA STYLES THEN YOU HAVE THAT RANCHERO stuff KNOW AS MEXICAN COWBOY MUSIC! I WAS AT WORK THERE WERE SOME MUSIC FROM THE 50-60'S THAT SOUNDED LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR MEXICANS PLAY TODAY BUT THEY ARE WHITE-AMERICAN
I heard it was the Polish Christian missionaries who brought Polka to Latin America and that is where certain Latin music like Banda comes from. That's why it sounds so similar to polka.

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » May 9th, 2005, 1:48 pm

hole europe has its polka ,
poland influenced germany
and Italy has ++Tarantella
its an easy rythm ,the easiest around
search the word for smalltown happening dance.hm
it is called ufftata too
so far away from afrocuban 6/8

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » May 9th, 2005, 1:52 pm

Cold Bear wrote:
I heard it was the Polish Christian missionaries who brought Polka to Latin America and that is where certain Latin music like Banda comes from. That's why it sounds so similar to polka.

INTERESTING, NEVER HEARD ABOUT THE POLES BEING IN L.A(LATIN AMERICA)

WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WhiteBoy » May 9th, 2005, 2:31 pm

BlaKK wrote:Im not happpy with what I was, But I am happy with whom I become.
right, im just strugging trying to deal with being my condition as a sociopath and not acting out on it, so if i say some crazy stupid shit on here, don't blame me, its most likely to be my alter ego mucking about. for real im not even kidding. it fucking sucks cause every one around me is a potential victim, even my friends can become a target. but i mean im happy with myself and i thank god every morning for being alive, it really is a miracle.

Michelle

Unread post by Michelle » May 9th, 2005, 3:44 pm

Flipping hell guys you are making me waste far too much of my time. Learn how to use the quote button! Paste and delete the parts which are irrelevant or it just becomes too much.
Last edited by Michelle on May 9th, 2005, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » May 9th, 2005, 4:05 pm

^TRUE^ Shyt is Long and timely. No one reads it when your posts are a foot long.

Michelle

Unread post by Michelle » May 9th, 2005, 4:09 pm

I'm in the process of editing some of the chunks, but i can't do this everytime.

erkle

Unread post by erkle » May 30th, 2005, 1:44 am

i think its on how the way you were raised...if you lived in a black neighborhood and you earn respect..it doesnt matter what skin color you are in my opinion...like eminem for example...

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » May 30th, 2005, 6:25 am

^^ Eminem spent most his young life in Missouri. I read a special on it in a magazine. He went back to Detroit when he was well into his adault years. Hes a puss anyway.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » May 30th, 2005, 10:06 am

erkle wrote:i think its on how the way you were raised...if you lived in a black neighborhood and you earn respect..it doesnt matter what skin color you are in my opinion...like eminem for example...
i thought eminem was raised in a white trailor park

puffpuffgive
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by puffpuffgive » May 30th, 2005, 10:16 am

naw b-rabbit from the movie 8 mile lived in a trailer park not eminem...eminem was no white trash he was just a poor white...

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » May 30th, 2005, 5:26 pm

b-rabbit is based upon whos life?

puffpuffgive
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by puffpuffgive » May 31st, 2005, 4:33 am

its based on eminems life but that doesnt mean that everything was 1:1