Detroit v. Miami

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Detroit v. Miami

Unread post by alexalonso » May 24th, 2005, 3:27 am

This is going to be a tought series for Miami. They have to win the next game, or its over.

mr. chill
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr. chill » May 24th, 2005, 6:39 am

detroit in 4, miami cant do shit when we play good D on Dwayne, no one else has the balls to step up on there team, and its seems like shaq just cant play a whole solid game right now

GottaLoveLA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GottaLoveLA » May 24th, 2005, 7:54 am

The point guards for Miami have to stand up more on offense even though that is hard against the pistons

Godfather
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Godfather » May 24th, 2005, 10:33 am

Detroit in 5.

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » May 24th, 2005, 11:12 am

Detroit in 6

S.R.E.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by S.R.E. » May 24th, 2005, 12:24 pm

The whole Miami team is going to have to step up if the Heat expect to contend with Detroit. This is not the Nets or the Wizards, and is going to take more than Wade to try to beat these guys. the Pistions is a soild team in every positon.

corn
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by corn » May 24th, 2005, 4:50 pm

the pistons gone when it probably 4 or 5

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » May 24th, 2005, 6:21 pm

How surprising the pistons continue to run the pick and roll and once again Shaq refuses to defend it. I bet Kobe is laughing his ass off.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » May 28th, 2005, 4:21 pm

demonte wrote:detroit in 4, miami cant do shit when we play good D on Dwayne, no one else has the balls to step up on there team, and its seems like shaq just cant play a whole solid game right now
Did you see game 2? There is no answer for Dwayne Wade. On paper, Miami is the better team, but it will be hard to beat Detroit in the palace. Detroit shot some 3 pointers in game 2, that they normally dont shoot, and those 3s kept them in the game. Well see what happens, but Detroit will not be sweeping the Heat, thats for sure.

CantNo1TopPac
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CantNo1TopPac » May 29th, 2005, 12:01 pm

Miami doesn't stand a chance. In Game 2, Miami played the best the could possibly play and it was still a close game with Hamilton struggling. Miami won't any in the palace. Detroit in 5 or 6. I also think Detroit will repeat.

NaTaS
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NaTaS » May 29th, 2005, 4:39 pm

Detroit played sloppy in game 2 but Miami can see the D,its a dun deal

SkoobyDoo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SkoobyDoo » May 29th, 2005, 5:36 pm

The Pistons will win the next 3 games and close out the series.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » May 30th, 2005, 9:26 pm

CantNo1TopPac wrote:Miami doesn't stand a chance. In Game 2, Miami played the best the could possibly play and it was still a close game with Hamilton struggling. Miami won't any in the palace. Detroit in 5 or 6. I also think Detroit will repeat.
I guess if Miami wins another, you die hard Detroit fans will say that they are still going to win. If Miami wins tomorrow on Tuesday, this series is a done deal and I want people to give Dwayne Wade his due props.

He deserves it. I beleive thay D Wade is a better team player than Kobe, and he makes adjustments to Tayshun Prince, the Kobe stopper from last year. We'll see. Detroit should be ready to play tomorrow. This is a good series. huh?

GottaLoveLA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GottaLoveLA » May 31st, 2005, 7:55 am

CantNo1TopPac wrote:Miami doesn't stand a chance. In Game 2, Miami played the best the could possibly play and it was still a close game with Hamilton struggling. Miami won't any in the palace. Detroit in 5 or 6. I also think Detroit will repeat.
even though i think the pistons will come back to win the series I think the spurs will win the title unless they pull off what the new york yankees did last year

CantNo1TopPac
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CantNo1TopPac » May 31st, 2005, 10:18 pm

alonso wrote:
I guess if Miami wins another, you die hard Detroit fans will say that they are still going to win. If Miami wins tomorrow on Tuesday, this series is a done deal and I want people to give Dwayne Wade his due props.

He deserves it. I beleive thay D Wade is a better team player than Kobe, and he makes adjustments to Tayshun Prince, the Kobe stopper from last year. We'll see. Detroit should be ready to play tomorrow. This is a good series. huh?
Eh man, I'm a Laker fan first. I don't bandwagon over to winning teams like Detroit and Miami, so dont call me a detroit fan cuz im a laker fan first. I stick with LA man-that's where my heart and soul is at. All I was saying was that Detroit is going to win in 5 or 6, and now its impossible to be 5, so its gunna be 6. Detroit's defense is too solid and Miami isnt going to win another game. And I never said nuthin bad bout wade. He's a good solid player.

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » May 31st, 2005, 10:36 pm

I hope detroit wins, I can't stand that punk Shaq. I always knew Shaq was lazy but this season just proved it. I bet Phil Jackson is thinking too himself "Why the hell didn't he not come in shape for me!!!!!!!!!"

S.R.E.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by S.R.E. » June 1st, 2005, 12:45 pm

Gonzo, what are you talking about. If anything Phil is saying "thank you Mr. O'Neal for putting three more championship rings on my finger."

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » June 1st, 2005, 12:58 pm

What the hell are you talking about?

If Shaq would of came in shape every season and played hard like Jordan every game maybe Phil would of had 5 rings instead of 3 with Shaq.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » June 1st, 2005, 1:09 pm

i think pistons in 6 or 7

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 1st, 2005, 4:46 pm

GAME 1: PISTONS 90, HEAT 81
GAME 2: HEAT 92, PISTONS 86
GAME 3: HEAT 113, PISTONS 104
GAME 4: PISTONS 106, HEAT 96

Detroit has a great defense, but withthe exception of game 1, they have not been able to keep the Heat under 90 points, which is what ther were doing all season.

But also, the Heat let the Pistons score over 100 twice, unusual.

Godfather
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Godfather » June 1st, 2005, 5:17 pm

CantNo1TopPac wrote:
alonso wrote:

Eh man, I'm a Laker fan first. I don't bandwagon over to winning teams like Detroit and Miami, so dont call me a detroit fan because im a laker fan first. I stick with LA man-that's where my heart and soul is at. All I was saying was that Detroit is going to win in 5 or 6, and now its impossible to be 5, so its gunna be 6. Detroit's defense is too solid and Miami isnt going to win another game. And I never said nuthin bad bout wade. He's a good solid player.
Agreed...100%. Including the Lakers thing..

SkoobyDoo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SkoobyDoo » June 1st, 2005, 7:52 pm

I can't Larry Brown is interviewing for jobs while the playoffs is going on. However, i still think the Pistons will win the series. I think shaq is going to tire out starting next game.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 2nd, 2005, 4:11 am

no one believes in the heat or Shaq. Is this the end of Shaq's career? Because if he cant do it this year, dont see him coming back stronger next year. He'll be one year older.

GottaLoveLA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GottaLoveLA » June 2nd, 2005, 8:05 am

alonso wrote:no one believes in the heat or Shaq. Is this the end of Shaq's career? Because if he cant do it this year, dont see him coming back stronger next year. He'll be one year older.
wo hold up Fatass wont retire next year unless its his injury that stops him

SkoobyDoo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SkoobyDoo » June 2nd, 2005, 4:37 pm

Shaq is looking for a contract extension, he isn't going to retire.

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » June 3rd, 2005, 1:34 am

think shaq is in shape ,but to much on slow moves ,to build muscles instead of
training to be quicker.
he doesn`t even turn around anymore.he is somehow static.like a daddy playing with his kids.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 3rd, 2005, 2:18 am

demonte wrote:detroit in 4, miami cant do shit when we play good D on Dwayne, no one else has the balls to step up on there team, and its seems like shaq just cant play a whole solid game right now
what happened to this guy? Detroit in 4, man no respect for the Heat and Shaq. It looks like if Detroit is going to win this series it is going 7.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 3rd, 2005, 2:22 am

SkoobyDoo wrote:The Pistons will win the next 3 games and close out the series.
really? wow, the last i checked, Detroit has to take this 7 games to win it. Oh, and dont blame Detroit loosing on the fouls. I notice people have tunnel vision when their teams loose. Shaq was called for 4 offensive fouls in game 5. And in game 4, Rip Hamilton received every call he wanted, so it goes both ways.

Detroit lost game 4 in the 2nd quarter and Dwayne Wade was out for 17 minutes of the game due to injury. Detroit shot 38% and Heat shot 52%, and thats the difference, not fouls or refs. Cant wait to see game 6 and 7 if neccessary.

And whats up with Rasheed...he always got something to say.

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » June 3rd, 2005, 2:28 am

detriot was fresh and !always on position.but good defence teams may gonna have problems,like in every discipline.if they can`t swich tactics.

S.R.E.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by S.R.E. » June 3rd, 2005, 10:30 am

I see alot of people are talking about Shaq, that he is to tried, to out of shape, to old, etc. Say what you want but the man is handling his business, if you dont believe me just ask Ben Wallace and Mcdyess, or whoever else Detroit tries to put on him one on one. We all know that Shaq is not at a 100% but when Shaq comes out to set a certain tone at the start of the game no one can stop him. Im not a real big Shaq fan, or anything I just call it like I see it, and even if he dont score like 30-40 points per game he contributes by putting key Detroit players on the bench due to foul trouble. If Shaq comes ready to play Detroit better look out.

And if it were not for Shaq the Lakers wont have their last three championship rings. Talking about five. lol

NaTaS
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NaTaS » June 3rd, 2005, 10:38 am

Im startin 2 worry about Detroit lol
I dont know if I can c them gettin the next 2

CantNo1TopPac
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CantNo1TopPac » June 3rd, 2005, 2:36 pm

The series aint over till its over.