do gangs in cali wear colored beads?

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
FlipXL

do gangs in cali wear colored beads?

Unread post by FlipXL » January 21st, 2004, 11:33 am

do gangs in cali wear colored beads? on of my homboys in nyc said that only bloods and crips in nyc wear the colored beads around there neck.

bkstomp3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: H-Town

Re: do gangs in cali wear colored beads?

Unread post by bkstomp3 » January 21st, 2004, 1:07 pm

not any that i know ill see hispanic guys wearin but i heard its cuz of their religion....

R-Tistic
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by R-Tistic » January 21st, 2004, 4:38 pm

I have never heard that one. I kno a lot of bangers in L.A. wear their gang's beads in their brades.

lb516
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lb516 » January 22nd, 2004, 11:46 am

WEARING BEADS comes from RIKERS island. but they shut that down a long time ago.. they dont even wear beads in NYC anymore really. bloods and kings do sometimes. but i really dont see that to much any more.now its more a Reglious thing now..

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » January 23rd, 2004, 4:46 pm

yes the gangs still do wear beads all the time in queenz. crips, bloods, latin kings

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » January 23rd, 2004, 4:47 pm

that is just a eastcoast thing

Sheeklouchdblock
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Sheeklouchdblock » January 23rd, 2004, 4:52 pm

lb516 wrote:WEARING BEADS comes from RIKERS island. but they shut that down a long time ago.. they dont even wear beads in NYC anymore really. bloods and kings do sometimes. but i really dont see that to much any more.now its more a Reglious thing now..

Wearing beads dont come from rikers homie, that been going on but mostly with Spanish Gangs ,(I.E. Latin Kings would wear beads more than there flags)....Some sets still wear beads on the East both Bloods and Crips.....Mostly Crips and Kings Though, Crips on the East call beads "Crates"........

lb516
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lb516 » January 23rd, 2004, 5:10 pm

i beg to differ.. the beads thing comes from rikers island.. like most trends alot of it starts in prison and taken to the streets.. the kings like the netas started the bead thing in rikers before the ubn was even a thought of up on rikers.. i remember in 87 on rikers withthe beads it was to identify whick gang you were in.. and naturally it was taken to the streets

Sheeklouchdblock
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Sheeklouchdblock » January 23rd, 2004, 7:32 pm

lb516 wrote:i beg to differ.. the beads thing comes from rikers island.. like most trends alot of it starts in prison and taken to the streets.. the kings like the netas started the bead thing in rikers before the ubn was even a thought of up on rikers.. i remember in 87 on rikers withthe beads it was to identify whick gang you were in.. and naturally it was taken to the streets

Not Right dogg........Of course The bead thing came out before UBN.....But The beads wasnt made in Rikers...Remember Latin Kings were in Chi Town before Ny, And they was wearing There Beads(Blk N Yellow) on the Streets and as Time went by IT started to spead in Jails and Such with the Flags,Beads,Shoelaces,Etc.....

TINY_ENNY
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by TINY_ENNY » January 23rd, 2004, 8:02 pm

old skool grapes use to wear them theres were purple

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » January 26th, 2004, 7:06 pm

Sheeklouchdblock wrote:
lb516 wrote:WEARING BEADS comes from RIKERS island. but they shut that down a long time ago.. they dont even wear beads in NYC anymore really. bloods and kings do sometimes. but i really dont see that to much any more.now its more a Reglious thing now..

Wearing beads dont come from rikers homie, that been going on but mostly with Spanish Gangs ,(I.E. Latin Kings would wear beads more than there flags)....Some sets still wear beads on the East both Bloods and Crips.....Mostly Crips and Kings Though, Crips on the East call beads "Crates"........

yea we would call beads "crates or ceeds"

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » January 26th, 2004, 7:09 pm

I know a few cats that wear beads...crips and bloods alike. I don't think it ever became the "norm" or any type of deep trend but I knew and know a few that do it here in cali.

zip3ace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by zip3ace » August 16th, 2004, 1:37 pm

When I was NTG I preferred wearing Beads rather than the flag... now im Piru I dont wear beads kuz it aint a Piru thing. Nowadays I see more flags than beads. It switches from time to time.

S-Rot40
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by S-Rot40 » August 16th, 2004, 5:22 pm

zip3ace wrote:When I was NTG I preferred wearing Beads rather than the flag... now im Piru I dont wear beads kuz it aint a Piru thing. Nowadays I see more flags than beads. It switches from time to time.
how can you change from NTG to bein a PIRU? in an other post you said i was NTG from 1998-2002? hows that workin homie??? i seriously doubt your story...

W/S
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by W/S » August 16th, 2004, 9:39 pm

i wear my rosary gotta black one n a glow n the dark one from central juvenile hall
shi i keep all my personals from juvi to camp

zip3ace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by zip3ace » August 17th, 2004, 8:23 am

S-Rot40 wrote:
zip3ace wrote:When I was NTG I preferred wearing Beads rather than the flag... now im Piru I dont wear beads kuz it aint a Piru thing. Nowadays I see more flags than beads. It switches from time to time.
how can you change from NTG to bein a PIRU? in an other post you said i was NTG from 1998-2002? hows that workin homie??? i seriously doubt your story...
I switched from NTG to Piru... I was NTG till 2002 then I switched. I'm Piru now. Whats so hard to understand?

S-Rot40
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by S-Rot40 » August 20th, 2004, 6:21 pm

i understand what your sayin but how can you just switch like that?
is it like, "i dont feel like bein ntg today. ima go to the piru hood and ask them guys if i can join their gang..."

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » August 21st, 2004, 9:23 am

lol

zip3ace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by zip3ace » August 23rd, 2004, 7:27 am

S-Rot40 wrote:i understand what your sayin but how can you just switch like that?
is it like, "i dont feel like bein ntg today. ima go to the piru hood and ask them guys if i can join their gang..."
yea... u exactly right. Tomorrow i think im gonna be NTG again. Then next week Piru again. Matter I might just be NTP.

yall gotta read shit in the site... about the changes on the east... there's been so many post. alot of changes have taken place.

zip3ace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by zip3ace » August 23rd, 2004, 8:04 am

most of the bloods klaiming non UBN sets were UBN before.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”